Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 10:58 PM   #1
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Netbooks

So I decided to add a baby to my current portable pc stable.

Recently I've been eyeing netbooks. Acer One, Asus 1000HA, Hp 2133/2140 or 1010nr, Dell mini 9 and what not.

Right now I'm leaning towards the HP 2133 just because it isn't as expensive as the 2140 yet still performs pretty well.

Experiences and suggestions on any of the ones I've listed or forgotten?
Old 02-22-2009, 11:01 PM   #2
Rag
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
Rag is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rag
I've been using the MSI Wind for about 4 months now with no issues. I even run World of Warcraft at about 20fps when i'm not able to get on my main tower.

I paid about 400 if i remember correctly.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:01 PM   #3
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
i really like the 1000H series. and we just had this thread last week

http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/2...-netbooks.html
Old 02-22-2009, 11:03 PM   #4
svensko
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
svensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to svensko
I own an Acer Aspire One, came with 512 MB of RAM and the 8 GB SSD. I have since upgraded it to 1.5 GB and 60 GB HDD. It makes a GREAT laptop for taking notes in class, typing up notes (from hand written notes), browsing the net (run Firefox in full screen mode) and even light LIGHT gaming (I personally play Quakeworld and some NetHack on it). I am running Ubuntu 8.10 and have run other OSes in the past. Some of those netbooks are able to run OS X with some software tweaks, but don't ask me on details as I have no interest on running that on an Atom.

The keyboard WILL get some getting used to. I would personally recommend an EeePC 1000HE. They claim 9.5 hours of battery life and 92% the size of a full keyboard. Feel free to ask questions if you have any.

Edit: It's small enough that I can carry it to class without even feeling the weight of it in my bookbag. I can also carry it with a notebook or something if I don't feel like bringing a bag.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:29 PM   #5
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
i really like the 1000H series. and we just had this thread last week

http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/2...-netbooks.html
Wow.

Thanks to everyone who gave me some insight.

Time to do the right thing then.