Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 05-15-2010, 07:24 AM   #1
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Exclamation Zilvia VS Other Car Forums

so i figured this would be nice.

Please adhere to all 'Loud Noises' rules and guidelines.

So ultimately, which car forum is 'the best' and why? There's a billion S chassis forums out there, but what's so special about this one compared to the others:

Nico Club
Fresh Alloy
240sxForums
s-chassis.com
240forum
nissansilvia.com

etc...etc...

Everybody used to always talk about how Zilvia's FS section is the shiznitz, I agree, but only the personal FS section. Advertisers section? It's mediocre at best. Sure it's good to have ASpec, PBM, CTO as vendors, but the other vendors are also available on other forums as well.

Personally I come to Zilvia because of the knowledge people have here. I wouldn't be able to find out about wheel fitment if it wasn't for Zilvia.

I also go to Nico (though a lot less) for their lax rules. I could ask the stupidest question there and it'd probably be answered (although it probably would take a few days to get a response) without getting flamed.

Fresh Alloy - i don't know. I just joined for a day and haven't looked back since.

NissanSilvia aka HardTuned - I go on to see what it's like on the other side of the world.

The other ones, I just googled and they popped up.

Debate on! Why do you guys come to Zilvia as opposed to other S Chassis sites?

xquizitditz
enkei2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2010, 08:10 AM   #2
240XTC
BANNED

Location: 1st amendment. Not my fault you dont like me. Does not give you the right to abuse your mod and continue your harassment in slander towards my profiles. Cowards.
Trader Rating: (16)
240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
For Sale section for me <3
240XTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:16 AM   #3
R33E8
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
R33E8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Only the for sale section... I really don't like this forum for much else or the people here... The maximum rubber thread is nice though...
R33E8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:20 AM   #4
madd ocx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
madd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
yeah its the for sale section for me.. everytihng else i go to ka-t.org. people on zilvia to uptight.and too many stupid rules..
madd ocx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:23 AM   #5
jserman
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
jserman is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I usually go with the biggest site... zilvia seems to be the biggest...most people belong to all the sites so there is alot of duplicate stuff...So i concentrate on just one....

the 4 sale section lots of good reading on stuff...

only thing i hate is how slow it is....
jserman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:30 AM   #6
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Freshalloy - Been there for a long time. Very informative over there. *Haven't been there for a while though. GTR classifieds was the BEST thing there.

Nico - Seemed ok. Some really dumb shit, but some informative stuff too. They have a new layout or something, so I don't go there at all anymore. Classifieds were boring. No PM feature was really stupid.

Ziptied - Was awesome at the beginning, but it's done a full 180 from what it used to be. I am no longer a member there.

Zilvia - For sale section is pretty much all it's got going. I hate the fact that a new person can't come in and get a simple answer to things. Searching for things is fine, but I don't think a new person should get flak just for asking a question. Way to welcome people to the community, right?
Old 05-15-2010, 10:39 AM   #7
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I've been saying for years that this is one of the best car communities online. Of course I realize I'm pretty biased. But time and time again things come up in threads about how great Zilvia is compared to other car forums. Anytime another car is brought up, IS300s, Supras, etc etc there's usually people on here that have those cars and experience with their forums and there usually isn't kind things to say about the other communities. Zilvia used to be more harsh then it is now, but it's still a place that doesn't spoon feed you and I think that builds a better community. People are willing to work of that knowledge and end up learning it and learning how to find it. If you just hand every new member the info with no effort on their part it's not effective.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:22 PM   #8
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
I really enjoy nissanroadracing.com
as the name implies, the emphasis is more on road racing & autoX.
I get the impression Zilvia is really catered towards drifters
(which is totally fine, but not my thing).

I just come here for OT and classifields.
I do feel the quality of OT discussion has deteriorated over the past two years.
It is getting to the point whereas it feels almost like Honda-tech
Lot of ppl feel the need to troll & say something generically funny.
Not as much thoughtful discussion as say 3-4 yrs ago.
Seems like meaningful convo is restricted to 30 or so members & the rest are just kids.

It's still a great site for that it is.
I wouldn't visit as often if it weren't the case.
I do have to applaud the mods for keeping a tight ship.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 12:28 PM   #9
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
I LUV MY S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
NICO is sloppy, 240sx forums is boring and full of noobs, socal 240 is dead...havent been to the rest

-Jorge
I LUV MY S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 01:40 PM   #10
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Zilvia is the least serious of them all.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 01:50 PM   #11
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
ZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i like my local 240 forum the best because the classifieds on here are mostly great if you live in socal and shit for elsewhere.
Old 05-15-2010, 02:54 PM   #12
hockeyrules
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
hockeyrules is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
at first it i really liked nico, lots of info and easy to use.

But found this site and havent really looked back since. As long as you search and adhere to the rules it isnt bad. I also like how many people are on here, you get a reply a lot faster...
hockeyrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 05:28 PM   #13
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
I do feel the quality of OT discussion has deteriorated over the past two years.
It is getting to the point whereas it feels almost like Honda-tech
Lot of ppl feel the need to troll & say something generically funny.
Not as much thoughtful discussion as say 3-4 yrs ago.
Seems like meaningful convo is restricted to 30 or so members & the rest are just kids.
I agree with this as well. I know I personally used to start a LOT more threads on here. I just font have as much time as I used to. I've kinda stopped posting on OT stuff unless it's actually about other car models and movies/tv/video games I'm into. Which seems to be less and less, especially regarding other cars. It seems like if I don't make a thread no one else will. Where 2+ years ago I was always trying to make a thread first and sometimes (on rare occasions) I got beat. So since those other people aren't making those threads there's less and less I feel like posting.
Old 05-15-2010, 06:38 PM   #14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Wow I thought I was the only one that felt the OT has fell off. Still pretty good.

TougeHero.com l SilviaV8forums.com
0100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 07:27 PM   #15
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
I come to Zilvia because of the low tolerance for BS that the Admins, Mods, and Members have.

Most members here work on their cars themselves, which is a good thing.

There is a good mixture of veterans and newer members.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:25 PM   #16
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
I haven't even touched a 240 or Z for several years now. I still come here for the shits and gigs.
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:38 PM   #17
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
yeah Zilvia is like my E-Home. I love this place.

fresh alloy is real technical I love it there Skyline Clasifieds are awesome,

Nico, haha i make good money there can't say anything bad about it

all other forums are bleh.

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:20 PM   #18
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Zilvia - I hate the fact that a new person can't come in and get a simple answer to things.
i think this has lightened up a little bit here lately. I have seen more and more people trying to answer the small questions when someone asks. take this thread for instance:

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/297481-smal...w-threads.html

from what i can tell it has been an extremely helpful thread to a lot of people and it provides noobs with a place to asks questions that don't really warrant a thread topic of their own. i have learned pretty much everything i know from people here on Zilvia so i try to give back where i can.
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:32 PM   #19
SUPERSTAR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
SUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
I joined Zilvia to pick up on dudes. So far so good, ummm really good.

Drift it, Bro.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:04 PM   #20
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
I first came to zilvia to research on s13 repairs and upgrades. I stayed for the technical discussion and OT.

I tried nico and aside from the VH-VK forum found it to be a cluster fuck of stupid.

Nissan Road Racing is just all kinds of awesome when it comes to technical talk about S and Z chassis.

At this point most of the cool tech stuff has moved to NRR but the OT and build threads are still here.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:55 PM   #21
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
I feel that I would be more comfortable with titties around.

BUT

There are other forums for that so I won't complain.

Whats not to like about Zilvia? Its like the Honda-tech of 240s, and the largest market place.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:58 PM   #22
amdnivram
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (16)
amdnivram is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to amdnivram
I prefer zilvia over nico and freshalloy. I've been on all three and i just find myself on Zilvia the most. I really enjoy the sale section, premie section, off topic, genral, and the regional lol.

http://silaudrey.blogspot.com/
amdnivram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 03:03 PM   #23
TwistAndBurn..Rubber

Trader Rating: (5)
TwistAndBurn..Rubber is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Huge marketplace, awesome information. I've answered 90% of my questions through Zilvia, usually through searching but i've posted a couple of threads and i've had quality responses.

Wheel fitment thread
Maximum rubber thread
Old 05-16-2010, 03:40 PM   #24
second_chanceS14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (19)
second_chanceS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I've been on other forums aswell, the reason why I'm on here almost 24/7 wether I'm at home or on my phone, is because of the info, a lot of ppl on here that are great source of info, I especially like reading ppls build threads, other sites have them too but zilvia members are usually the ones doing the crazy ass projects and paving the way for new members. The FS here is the shit, everyone knows. I think the reason why the mods crack down hard on members is because they want an organized forum, not messy ass one with millions of threads asking about the same shit. I think its good its strict here, keeps retarded ppl away. Hahahaha
Old 05-17-2010, 12:24 PM   #25
Drift N Dragg
Username Monster!

Drift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud of
Would my Answer here be Bias?

2015 Subaru STI
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
A Ton of Projects
Drift N Dragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:30 PM   #26
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Good job editing my post. That was truely the most awesomeness thing that has ever happened to me!!

Zilvia Has changed my life!!

I want to thank all the wonderful Moderator's, Ya'll do a SUPERB Job!

Last edited by Drift N Dragg; 05-18-2010 at 04:47 PM..
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:36 PM   #27
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
i used to be on Nico alot more back in the day, seems like nico is a big stepping stone onto Zilvia.net almost like don't go unless you don't have a decent car. so once i thought the car was getting there i started coming on here more often.

Nico does have alot of random bullshit but it's nice at times. and it also has alot of GREAT tech help.
Zilvia has a MUCH better classified section. and alot of people that have built some truly impressive machines.
FA - uhm i think i have 2 posts on there?
Old 05-17-2010, 12:41 PM   #28
all show no go
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (15)
all show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Zilvia is the most entertaining because there's a lot more stuff to talk/read about than cars. Off topic,media section, regional are cool.. but the for sale section is tops. So organized & easy to post stuff up, It's great.

Even when I don't have an S chassis I'll probably still log in to see what the hell everyone is talking about.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:25 PM   #29
Drift N Dragg
Username Monster!

Drift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles View Post
4.) If you post in LOUD NOISES, you forfeit the sanctity of your posting, and moderation staff can and will fiddle with your words to make you look stupid if they feel like it. Mainly in the interest of comedy, but also for our own amusement!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Good job editing my post. That was *****.
Please Read, Brian ...

2015 Subaru STI
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
A Ton of Projects
Drift N Dragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:05 PM   #30
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearlessj View Post
I feel that I would be more comfortable with titties around.

BUT

There are other forums for that so I won't complain.

Whats not to like about Zilvia? Its like the Honda-tech of 240s, and the largest market place.
Zilvia might not be perfect, but that was terribly harsh.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote