Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-16-2009, 11:29 PM   #301
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Haha that little bit of rubber line at the hydro, before the SS line kills it for me. I know in my mind that it doesn't make a difference, but still, it's not up to the same 'level of baller' that the rest of the car is!

With my hydro (CNC Brakes staging brake, 3/4" bore) I lock my 285/30/18 Pirelli's instantly with Z32 calipers/rotors and street metallic pads.

How do you plan on setting brake bias? Pressure gauges on both ports?

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2009, 11:51 AM   #302
Acidz
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Acidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
it will be set with the wilwood bias thing i have to add or remove pressure
Acidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:43 PM   #303
Acidz
Zilvia Member

Acidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the rough
haven't done much just waitin for my papers so i can get this thing on the road....

anyways regardless i gave the car a wash last weekend and forgot i didn't post any pics after a nice wash....didn't have time to clean the engine bay, but still looks ok.

Old 05-29-2009, 02:03 AM   #304
tckracker
Leaky Injector

tckracker will become famous soon enoughtckracker will become famous soon enoughtckracker will become famous soon enough
Custom = cool. You = very cool (no gayness intended)
Amazing Build.
-Shaun
tckracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:52 AM   #305
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
AWESOME!! It's nice to see a build actually get completed.

Something is off about your rear wheels....do you plan to drop it a bit lower?
Old 06-11-2009, 09:50 AM   #306
Acidz
Zilvia Member

well we still have to setup the suspension and stuff since things are a bit diff from the 07 setup
Old 06-11-2009, 10:22 AM   #307
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Yumm.....................
Old 06-18-2009, 10:12 AM   #308
Acidz
Zilvia Member

June 18th 2009
=-=-=-=-==-=--=

Well boys, the 240 hit the road this weekend for the first time & at 13psi its one hell of a ride! I'm so pumped to hit the road again, but haven't had the chance due to rain and also moving my Q45 TB angle a bit as we were having problems with it hitting the hood....Scary shit...LOL

anyways everything has been delt with and i hope to be back to tuning it tonight or tmr.

just have a quick pic of the hood pins installed....that is all

Ill try and have some videos soon.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:52 AM   #309
dori_sil8t
Zilvia Junkie

dori_sil8t is making a name for him/her selfdori_sil8t is making a name for him/her self
awsome... just awsome

unionautoclub.com
dori_sil8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:00 PM   #310
Acidz
Zilvia Member

So...Back again boys!!!!

Was out last Thursday and started to smell fuel inside the cabin area! It wasn’t a fun drive home at all from all the fuel just dumping into the cabin, but made it home and parked it for the night. Friday morning I decided to remove the rear delete and get under the carpet and find fuel everywhere!!! I was being lazy about building my cage as I didn’t wanna take everything apart again, but looks like the best time to do so now. [lol]

Anyway we got started on the car Saturday & had everything out and sound deadening all removed using dry ice. Once Sunday came around got outside for a bit and bent up the main hoop & stop there until Friday, Saturday and Sunday which I have off so I hope to have the cage done by this weekend

Old 06-30-2009, 10:05 AM   #311
sbanzer123
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
sbanzer123 is a jewel in the roughsbanzer123 is a jewel in the roughsbanzer123 is a jewel in the roughsbanzer123 is a jewel in the roughsbanzer123 is a jewel in the roughsbanzer123 is a jewel in the roughsbanzer123 is a jewel in the roughsbanzer123 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
What was the problem with the fuel lines?
Old 07-02-2009, 10:29 AM   #312
Acidz
Zilvia Member

the fitting came loose or it wasnt tight
Old 07-02-2009, 01:35 PM   #313
wow-thats-a-cool-car
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
wow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wow-thats-a-cool-car
where do you find dry ice pellets? Every time I remove sound deading we have to like bricks and its annoying.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:38 PM   #314
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
the fitting came loose or it wasnt tight
Whooooooooooo, bummer! That's scary lol. Main hoop looks good, can't wait to see the finished cage. Using 1.5" x .120" DOM?

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:25 PM   #315
Acidz
Zilvia Member

Back again Boys!!

friday we spent the day pulling foots motor out of is GTR & let me tell you it was fun. lol Saturday & Sunday we really didn't do much as we had other things to attend to, but none the less we have the plates welded in and also the main hoop painted and tacked in place.

ya 1.5" x .120 wall DOM
Old 07-11-2009, 02:30 AM   #316
Acidz
Zilvia Member

well boys!! this is all for the cage as of now!!! dont feel like makin anythign else right now the car is stiff....i love it might add another bar at the bottom from one part of the hoop to the other. i love the ass end so stiff!

gotta paint the two rear bars and parts of the main hoop

Thanks everyone that gave me a hand tonight on gettin it back alive! THANKS!!!!

all i need is an s14 carpet now!!! lol

Old 07-11-2009, 06:09 PM   #317
Acidz
Zilvia Member

well boys got a bit of bad news!!! lol

last night the u-joint on my driveshaft said its last words. Today we took the shaft out and checked it out and it didn't end up looking good at all. It's missing like half the cup! lol That's ok i'm sure will have it up and running tmr once we get our u-joint tmr afternoon

Old 07-12-2009, 12:10 AM   #318
Devens240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Devens240 is just really niceDevens240 is just really niceDevens240 is just really niceDevens240 is just really niceDevens240 is just really niceDevens240 is just really niceDevens240 is just really niceDevens240 is just really niceDevens240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
so let me get this straight... you put all this work into this car with plans to sell it immediately the entire time?
Devens240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 10:43 AM   #319
Acidz
Zilvia Member

LOL...it's always for sale....

i have a new build, i just picked up another 240sx you will see a new build page soon
Old 07-13-2009, 10:59 AM   #320
Acidz
Zilvia Member

So after fixing the ujoint in the shaft we still had a bit of a shake in the rear end. As you can see from the pics below we pulled the diff out and checked it all out, it came to our attention that the input shaft on one of the sides was slipping in and out and that the clip that goes in the gear was missing. Now we decided to check out the diff, the ring and case around that gear was beat up do to wear. Also it came to our attention that an s13 diff could be used just by changing the rear cover and so we went to check it out and it doesn't seem like it’s possible due to the ears on the s13 diff being smaller.

Anyways we are now trying to find an s14 diff or a j30 diff to put in the rear end

Old 07-24-2009, 04:39 PM   #321
Acidz
Zilvia Member

over the past weekend i broke my u-joint on back of the shaft @ the track cut it right off lol...anyways i got everything fixed & the car is back up and running.

The plan is to leave it the way it is right now and next season im upgrading to a bigger rear end and a lot bigger u-joint to support the power levels i plan to run

Old 08-17-2009, 04:18 PM   #322
Acidz
Zilvia Member

Thanks Ronnie FOR THE PICS!!!!

Ronniefung@gmail,com

Just wanted to thank everyone that came out to DMCC this weekend & nice meeting everyone that came out!

i also ended up winning Best Engine Setup @ the show Glad i won something @ my first show this year

I just picked up a Q45 diff + u-joint & i have my Hubs coming in...Just waiting to order my axels.

Old 08-18-2009, 12:05 AM   #323
pahaf
Zilvia Member

pahaf is an unknown quantity at this point
man, makes me love my champagne zenki. love ur build.
pahaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 03:11 PM   #324
Jodan
Zilvia Member

Jodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Jodan
wow top notch craftsmanship, props.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:21 AM   #325
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

Trader Rating: (2)
kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
best engine ftw
kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:48 AM   #326
Acidz
Zilvia Member

Aug 31st 2009
-------------

What's Up BOYS!

Last night i moved onto the rear diff, axle and hub install!! i removed my rear s14 axles + hubs and along with the s13 diff i had in it. I just need to drill out the hubs to accept my 14mm knurl studs with 60mm extend i have all around besides that just clean everything up to look mint and we are good to go. Well i have 2 old pics of the new sound deadening i put in the car after i removed all the old stuff.

Install List into the new rear end setup
---------------------------------------
Q45 Diff
300ZX TT Hubs
300ZX TT Driver CV Shaft (Installed On Driver Side)
Q45 Driver CV Shaft (Installed On Passenger Side)

OLD S14 Shafts!
------------------
Old 09-01-2009, 12:21 PM   #327
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
So you're building up two cars now?!? I'm sure it will be as serious as this build! Baller status has been reached...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote