Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 06:23 PM   #361
Toi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Toi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Not this -

That^^ is the American mind set, me being American and loving the fact I am makes it all the more fun to point it out.

That my friend is what a drift car looks like on a drift track in Japan and it happens a lot. Crappy wheels, some decent rubber, and sometimes they remove the bumper so it doesn't end up in a million pieces or look like Frankenstein.

Once they are done, good wheels, and bumper go back on.....And don't feed me any of the BS, come to Japan and I will show you!

I will take you to the mountain where their daily driven car looks like utter crap, or to the track where the car is a multitude of colors like its a dupont commercial.......

Don't like it, leave the sport, the only people giving it a bad name are elitist.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2011, 06:28 PM   #362
blingbling
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
blingbling is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
More Zar, MOAAARR
Old 07-28-2011, 06:55 PM   #363
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Whether you like it or not, shitty looking cars are all due to YOU THE OWNER. 240sx's are cheap as shit, parts for them are dirt cheap as well. If you banged up a fender or bumper, dont ziptie it back on, buy a 40 dollar fender, color match it with some spray paint AT LEAST. Dont blame money, blame yourself taking the easy way out.

If your paint is faded, that is NOT an excuse to flat black it, ask anyone a faded original paint job looks better than your shitty spray paint any day. Put some elbow grease into it and clean your shits, you're supposed to take care of your car AFTER the track too.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:22 PM   #364
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
karl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to karl wasabi
I'm just liking every post that makes me laugh. haha. I can't believe it's still going.

Singlecam! 240s are cheap as shit, so why can't we just leave them looking like shit? Why spend money on fixing up a shitty car? What happens if I mess up my quarter panel? That takes way more work than just leaving it alone. I leave my car in the sun, so it fades. I don't have time to spray paint it. I just let the dirt cover it. In certain lights it looks like glitter. I don't have $40 to fix a fender. That's crazy.

Can we post more pictures of missile cars? LOL.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:28 PM   #365
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

karl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfection
hahaha! That is damn amazing! Coolest little kid ever!

That is totally relevant to this thread.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:32 PM   #366
bc.
Zilvia Addict

bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
I am getting aero because I am tired of looking at my car in pictures or videos the way it looks now.

good thread btw
Old 07-28-2011, 07:36 PM   #367
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Thank you for your post bc. We appreciate it very much.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:53 PM   #368
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
If you dont have $40 to fix your car, you should not be driving one period. And fenders are more like $20. All this going to the track talk, a track day is over 100 bucks, and you dont have 20 on a fender?
Old 07-28-2011, 07:54 PM   #369
JFoxx
BANNED

Trader Rating: (3)
JFoxx has made poor choicesJFoxx has made poor choicesJFoxx has made poor choicesJFoxx has made poor choicesJFoxx has made poor choicesJFoxx has made poor choicesJFoxx has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
the point of this thread is retarded to me...... did you get in this cause you wanted to be like everyone else? ...i certanly dont think so, i dont care if your driving a $800 s13 or a $50,000 s15, do what you do, have fun, ruin tires, and who gives a F$%K what anyone else is doing!?
Old 07-28-2011, 07:59 PM   #370
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Face the facts. Life itself is about caring what everyody thinks.
Why would cars and drifting be any different?
Old 07-28-2011, 08:04 PM   #371
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Face the facts. America is about caring what everyody thinks.
Why would cars and drifting be any different?
fixed.....
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Old 07-28-2011, 08:10 PM   #372
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
more pics of that funny kid!
Old 07-28-2011, 09:17 PM   #373
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14unimog
It helps to stop reading forums...

SHIFTlock_slide to side

d3m3rs0n: if i have a baby im naming it Brandons Fault Emerson
Old 07-29-2011, 02:12 AM   #374
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by singlecamslam View Post
If you dont have $40 to fix your car, you should not be driving one period. And fenders are more like $20. All this going to the track talk, a track day is over 100 bucks, and you dont have 20 on a fender?
No... cause I would have spent all my money on the track event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFoxx View Post
the point of this thread is retarded to me...... did you get in this cause you wanted to be like everyone else? ...i certanly dont think so, i dont care if your driving a $800 s13 or a $50,000 s15, do what you do, have fun, ruin tires, and who gives a F$%K what anyone else is doing!?
YES, of course. Who doesn't want to be like everyone else?
Old 07-29-2011, 03:08 AM   #375
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I remember one time in downtown Long Beach, I was driving my s14 and some dude in a big bro truck next to me shouted that i was a cool dude. so, you gotta stick your head out the window and look up and say THANKS MAN, cuz drift cars are low and bro trucks are high.
I remember one time i was driving south on the I-5 leaving Burbank back when my blue car was about at the worse,
And a big red truck pulls along side in traffic and a lady yells,
"Hey, do you know Brian Harte?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazuo View Post
that's when I knew I made it
When I saw this at the track, I knew I made it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
You are absolutely correct about SCCA/NASA events. In fact American Iron (NASA) actually has it written in the rules that cars most be properly painted showing new sign of body damage for each event.

This is what an actual SCCA Racing champion 240SX looks like
I also didnt hit anything or crash when I was running SCCA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
eric, you make it seem like you're the epicenter of drifting. that you're IMMERSED in drifting. that you ARE drifting.
I just really enjoy, have been driving, instructing, shooting photos/video, staffing and drinking at events for several years now.
I am a bit immersed, and the reason I always stick up for drifting.
Quote:
for fucks sake, even your screen name isnt a fuckin screen name.. its your real name. might as well rename youself to ERICCASTROISDRIFTING
Its a lot easier to introduce myself as Eric Castro and thats it,
Instead of , "Hi, IM Eric Castro, or (insert random attempt at witty screen name here) from Zilvia, but on 240sxforums im(insert more shit)

Like at my Birthday, when my non car buddy came over to me and goes, "Um, one of your guest just introduced himself as "Turbo Balls"?? (soreballs)
Quote:
i mean really, who cares? do you visit your parents and are like "hi mom, its me.. eric castro going drifting later today, then going back to hollywood"
Was I like that when we met?
Give me a break.

Quote:
i dunno, but at the end of the day how much pride can you have when you drive your mistake-ridden vehicle around the streets of LA. ide be a bit ashamed showing up to a party and be like "sup y0, its me eric drift king castro" and then someone asks "hey whats up with your... fender, err... CAR, its all ragged and beat to fuck" then you reply "im a drifter, y0. i hit the wall at 80+ mph.. thats life in the fast-lane, hommie"
I dont value myself by what I drive.
So I have no problem with it at all.
It actually brings a lot of positive things to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by singlecamslam View Post
I have plenty of money to fix my car, I choose not to waste money on it.
Thats what I dont think you guys are understanding.

The idiots with multi colored zipties for no reason, neon spraypained tear drops and a primered hatch are ricers, and they dont actually drift.
I think people are lumping 2 into 1.

i didnt really read Daves post.
They're long (and he hasnt driven his 240 in _____ years? :P )
Old 07-29-2011, 03:10 AM   #376
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Your posts are really long Castro!!!
Old 07-29-2011, 03:17 AM   #377
rat240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (87)
rat240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 87 reviews
This thread makes me sad ?????
Old 07-29-2011, 04:09 AM   #378
DriftN00b
Zilvia Member

DriftN00b is an unknown quantity at this point
i have a clean coupe. My friends drive missiles. I dont care. I saved for psm coils and am currently saving for nismo gt2s. They bought used xxrs and megan coils. I dont care. They love hella flush and ridic camber, I like normal nice flush fitment. I dont care. We all drift together. We all have fun. Nobody gives a fuck what the other does to there car.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:53 AM   #379
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftN00b View Post
i have a clean coupe. My friends drive missiles. I dont care. I saved for psm coils and am currently saving for nismo gt2s. They bought used xxrs and megan coils. I dont care. They love hella flush and ridic camber, I like normal nice flush fitment. I dont care. We all drift together. We all have fun. Nobody gives a fuck what the other does to there car.
Cool, what other non-important stuff can you tell us about your life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:41 AM   #380
AnotherZenkiKid
Zilvia Member

AnotherZenkiKid is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AnotherZenkiKid
so say a 19 year old kid like me with an s-chassis gets into drifting he's all of a sudden on the bandwagon?
thats what im getting from reading 10+ pages of peoples comments on this thread, hahaha,

Also more pics of that kid please
Old 07-29-2011, 06:45 AM   #381
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Everyone can agree that cool cars are...cool. Even if something isn't your style you can see effort and care.

You can also spot an attention whore car, built for people to swing off. With all the right parts, all the right stickers, parked in all the right spots, or driving at the right events, to get all the right attention.

And you can tell a real missile car just by looking at the damage.

That's not what we are talking about here. A few people said it but its about your personal style and taking care and pride in what you own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
I blame Karl and Chuck,
Shame on them for having fun drifting.

These cars are cool. You can look at them and tell they were completed at one point, and they have style. I would never make my car look like either one in any way but I can appreciate them.

I've looked at the respnses and new people and old people are aggreeing. The voices of dissention seem to be taking it personal.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:48 AM   #382
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherZenkiKid View Post
so say a 19 year old kid like me with an s-chassis gets into drifting he's all of a sudden on the bandwagon?

Not at all. If you think so it's a guilty concience. You know why you got into it and if it's for the right reason it doesn't matter what people say.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:53 AM   #383
AnotherZenkiKid
Zilvia Member

AnotherZenkiKid is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AnotherZenkiKid
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
Not at all. If you think so it's a guilty concience. You know why you got into it and if it's for the right reason it doesn't matter what people say.
Super like,

I dont think im a bandwagon hopper, i just see myself as a broke college teen waiting for the right time to do shit to my car and drift it,

i honestly like the scene here but i dont get why people are getting touchy about drifting, times have changed and so has drifting i guess,
Old 07-29-2011, 07:33 AM   #384
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
I've never looked at a stock car and said, "God, how could they just leave it stock?"

I have looked a beat ass car with mods and said, "Why don't they try to make it look stock? Buy a headlight shroud and headlamp before they buy those $100 wheels."

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:51 AM   #385
Johny5
Post Whore!

Johny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Johny5
this thread is so fucking stupid it makes my head hurt
Old 07-29-2011, 07:56 AM   #386
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
i replied to this thread because it looked cool and i want to be cool too!
Old 07-29-2011, 08:36 AM   #387
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
This Thread has more than run it's course.

Closed Thread