Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-02-2007, 01:25 PM   #1
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
****Broadfield's New Interior Mods****

Finally finished the Defi gauge setup in my 240. I decided to make my own cluster using Defi gauges and then 3 more in the center vent location. I used the green Defi Link gauges with the brand new V.S.D. Concept X heads up display. In the main cluster I used a 80mm tach and boost, along with 52mm EGT and water temp. I gutted the entire OEM cluster leaving only a small black trim section that would frame my gauge plate that houses the Defi's. I also gutted the rear white section of the cluster which clips to the front glass and the black trim left over. I used 1/4" hardboard as my new cluster plate. Flushed in the gauges and retro fitted the turn signals into the plate. I reused the green arrows for the signals and used 1" pvc for bulb housings.

Now for the cool part. Since Defi does not make a speedometer gauge, I decided to go with the HUD for the windshield. I was going to retrofit the Defi HUD module into the OEM HUD pod that I bought off of another member. Figured it would look nice and OEM. Come to find out they discontinued the V.S.D. Concept. So I bought the Concept X instead and molded the module into the top of my steering wheel shroud. It works and looks flawless! I won't go into detail but basically I bondo molded it in and used texture paint on both the top half and bottom half. Then painted it a nice SEM black. Here are a bunch of pics and one of the Concept X HUD the way it comes new.

EDIT: New interior pics on page 9

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds

Last edited by Broadfield; 09-19-2009 at 09:01 AM..
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2007, 01:29 PM   #2
opponheimer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
opponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Who needs a speedo anyways?

Looks very good.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:31 PM   #3
amplifi3d
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
amplifi3d is making his/her stupidity well-knownamplifi3d is making his/her stupidity well-knownamplifi3d is making his/her stupidity well-knownamplifi3d is making his/her stupidity well-knownamplifi3d is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i applaud you on your execution. Very clean and creative.

What about low fuel warning light and check engine? Those are the other two i would be worried about. i guess you could always add those later.
amplifi3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 01:31 PM   #4
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
Wow

Impressive

I think you need a better looking steering wheel tho lol

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 01:37 PM   #5
BattleRoyale
Leaky Injector

BattleRoyale is an unknown quantity at this point
super clean

very nice work
BattleRoyale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 01:40 PM   #6
swayray
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (23)
swayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
wow... that's almost as nice as having a stack...

ok... maybe not... but that's one clean setup there...
Old 08-02-2007, 01:40 PM   #7
TougeRacing
Zilvia Junkie

TougeRacing has a little shameless behavior in the past
that is a crazy cool set up.
TougeRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 01:47 PM   #8
2iv0 sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Concept X looks amazing on the steering wheel shroud.. How'd you do that?

Did it come with the shell covers to mount the HUD?
2iv0 sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 02:19 PM   #9
holaback
BANNED

holaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymore
All that shit and a homo steerinng wheel? I guess your a bfe boy it's not unexpected.
holaback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 02:20 PM   #10
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

tknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Man with that dash, I hope the rest of your car doesn't look like poo.
+1

$pending dead pre$ident$ J@CK@TT@CK!
tknbkthrsdy4anfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 02:23 PM   #11
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
I like it alot.

Looks clean.

Now hit up Logan for a Nardi wheel and Works Bell hub and QR.
azndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 02:24 PM   #12
Nikeboy355
Zilvia Addict

Nikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm impressed... very inspiring...
Nikeboy355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 02:30 PM   #13
DOOK
Post Whore!

DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
tits, very tits

DOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 02:33 PM   #14
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Awesome!!! Simply beautiful to look at!
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 02:34 PM   #15
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by amplifi3d View Post
i applaud you on your execution. Very clean and creative.

What about low fuel warning light and check engine? Those are the other two i would be worried about. i guess you could always add those later.
Check engine light = emissions related items. I seriously doubt he's got a smog legal KA with all the goods, so a check engine light is useless.

To the OP- very clean, nice job.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 02:39 PM   #16
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Really, really nice job.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:47 PM   #17
KwKouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
KwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to KwKouki
I posted your pictures up in the interior thread, hope you dont mind. Yo you do comission work?
Old 08-02-2007, 03:04 PM   #18
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

McRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond repute
Thats pretty classy
McRussellPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 03:05 PM   #19
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
Fuck yeah!

Cool ass cluster

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
not"let's make our car look like a pile of shit and dead babies"
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 03:10 PM   #20
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
fucking clean. nice work.
ms!3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 03:20 PM   #21
Farzam
Post Whore!

Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm taaaasteees goooooooooooood
Old 08-02-2007, 03:25 PM   #22
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
damn. i like. +1 for you.
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 03:28 PM   #23
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
god that shit is sexy.

got more pictures of the HUD? is it moded into the steering cover thing?
Old 08-02-2007, 03:51 PM   #24
C. Senor
Post Whore!

C. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to C. Senor
it looks very nice....i want to lick it, it's just so clean.

C. Senor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 04:26 PM   #25
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
I like the multi display HUD unit, center cluster is very clean as well.

Good work!

I think the original poster likes having a steering wheel with an airbag?
Old 08-02-2007, 04:58 PM   #26
Irukandji
Post Whore!

Irukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Irukandji
WOW, very cool interior.
I love it.
Irukandji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 05:04 PM   #27
eastcoastS14
Post Whore!

eastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to eastcoastS14
posi rep......and hey if you start buildin em id buy one, would you be willing to make another one somewhere down the line?
eastcoastS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 05:26 PM   #28
FinalDrive
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
FinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
that looks awesome
great work, especially on the HUD setup
FinalDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 05:33 PM   #29
Irukandji
Post Whore!

Irukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Irukandji
What did you use to texturize the bezel?
Irukandji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 06:03 PM   #30
MELLO*SOS
LAID OUT

MELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1sm0r View Post
What did you use to texturize the bezel?
I was wondering the same thing.

Also I didn't see a fuel level gauge anywhere, how do you know how much fuel you've got left.. I take it this is a track only car (theres no odometer for one thing)

Anyway, Excellent work, you should be proud. I think all of us have considered this at one point or another, but you're one of the first I've seen pull it off so cleanly.
MELLO*SOS is offline   Reply With Quote