Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-08-2007, 01:04 PM   #31
SimpleSexy180
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
SimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
gosh, makes me want to clean the shit out of my car. nice job.
SimpleSexy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2007, 11:10 PM   #32
90KAcoupe
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 90KAcoupe
ok i've got a little update.... after looking at the head a little more i noticed the valves aren't seating right. we are guessing the machine shop put the valve guides in before they did the 3 angle valve job (which would throw the valve seats off a little) i called them, they said to bring it down and they will fix it for free. it just aggravates me that it will hold me back a touch more.

I have a friend with a s14 that we have done basically the same thing as we did to my car to his and he just totaled it . and i might be working something out with him about trading the lower ends off the 2 ka's. his is a 10.5:1 compression engine. so I'm gonna try to get the lower end out of it for mine. but I'm not sure yet.
90KAcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 05:18 AM   #33
J-Style
Zilvia Addict

J-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant future
That sucks that you have to wait on someone else, but it least it will get done! Good-luck on getting part's from your friend!
J-Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 08:00 AM   #34
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sometimes jealousy is a hard emotion to overcome.

That's awesome so, I hate you.

But not really. Keep the pignose.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:53 AM   #35
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Man 16 years old and so sharp, thats sweet.
Is your old man helping you with this set-up?
everything looks cool so far
IIIXziuR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:58 AM   #36
los_inc
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
los_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to los_inc
that shit looks godly
cheers!
-los
Old 10-15-2007, 02:39 PM   #37
nanner47
Leaky Injector

nanner47 will become famous soon enoughnanner47 will become famous soon enoughnanner47 will become famous soon enoughnanner47 will become famous soon enough
just out of curiousity, how did you acquire the funds for such a project at age 16?, worked at mcdonalds and got rich?
nanner47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 03:38 PM   #38
90KAcoupe
Zilvia Junkie

90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future
yea my dad is helping me with the project. but i pay for everything. It actually not that expensive when u do the stuff urself.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:05 PM   #39
90KAcoupe
Zilvia Junkie

ok i'm finally gonna be able to up date this with pics.
bare with me im a picture whore!!!

the truck (big country) and the coupe

trunk of parts 1

trunk of parts 2

now this is a picture of my cruise control re mount.

it was located in the steering wheel.

Last edited by 90KAcoupe; 11-04-2007 at 08:46 AM..
Old 10-17-2007, 11:28 PM   #40
tbowzer
Zilvia Member

tbowzer can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to tbowzer
^^very original. I want to do that with my CC. Keep up the nice work! looking good
Old 10-18-2007, 12:38 AM   #41
Farzam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Pretty awesome.

You're a lot cooler than me.
Farzam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 01:09 AM   #42
reccakun08
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
reccakun08 is a jewel in the roughreccakun08 is a jewel in the roughreccakun08 is a jewel in the roughreccakun08 is a jewel in the roughreccakun08 is a jewel in the roughreccakun08 is a jewel in the roughreccakun08 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Awesome stuff. I wish i started my project at 16. No college tuition/book bills, rent, food, etc...
reccakun08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 06:11 PM   #43
90KAcoupe
Zilvia Junkie

the cylinder head is at the machine shop... they are gonna fix it for free. i was gonna be pissed if they didnt. but my cometic head gasket should come in this weekend. not as early as i would have liked cause i wanted to get the engine in the car this weekend. I'm wanting to get it running and broke in my Nov 17th for a gymkhana event. but thats not looking to good right now. But i will make SURE it is done before the Nov 24th drift event!!!!!!
Old 10-23-2007, 09:11 PM   #44
Ronald_Mcdonald
Zilvia Member

Ronald_Mcdonald is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ronald_Mcdonald
I can't wait until I can start on my coupe.

But I don't want to even take it off the road until I have all the parts I want, that way I can take my time, and also not have to worry about waiting for certain parts to come in and stuff.

Your car is looking crazy clean, and looks like you also started out with a really clean chassis. Can't wait to see how this thing turns out!
Old 10-23-2007, 09:16 PM   #45
luisgonz
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
luisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to luisgonz
Great Build, Let me know when your done so I eat off the engine bay.LOL
+1 rep for you
luisgonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:10 PM   #46
Irukandji
Post Whore!

Irukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Irukandji
I really like the progress so far. Yayyy
Irukandji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 10:35 AM   #47
B Love
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
B Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Wow really clean work
B Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 08:22 PM   #48
90KAcoupe
Zilvia Junkie

well i got the head back and assymbled the valves and springs, and we put the cams in and all my lifter cup shims are way out (due to 3angle valve job) .... so i'm probably gonna have to order a bunch of those. they are $10 a peice and if i end up having to order all 16 thats $160... which effin sucks!!!! its always something......
Old 11-03-2007, 10:47 PM   #49
90KAcoupe
Zilvia Junkie

ok well i had an extra head and i pulled the valves out and got them ground. so i didnt have to buy new shims... the machine shop i used is really cool, so they did it for free. and i ended up a free valve grinding machine, so i could grind the tips off like i needed.

I got all of that finished today. and i assymbled my head, everything is in spec now, the head is finally bolted on the block. and im going to order a 4-2-1 header really soon (like next couple days.)

so do u want pics??? well sorry ur going to have to wait till tomorrow... im to tired to post them up... im sure none of yall really care that much... but i'll post them up after church.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:06 PM   #50
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mr_240sx Send a message via MSN to mr_240sx
wow that build is crazy CLEAN!!!!!
mr_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 01:41 AM   #51
B Love
Zilvia Addict

B Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really nice
Wow this is coming out really clean
B Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 01:53 AM   #52
CoasTek240
Post Whore!

CoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to CoasTek240
your engine bay is looking particularly mean. nice work.
CoasTek240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 03:06 AM   #53
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
beautiful

amazing

stupendous

both you and the car sir.

i just called a 16 year old kid beautiful, is that illegal?
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 09:19 AM   #54
CylonFrakker
Zilvia Addict

CylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to CylonFrakker
hurry up and post more pics 90kacoupe.

UGR.....SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES....
CylonFrakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 11:47 AM   #55
90KAcoupe
Zilvia Junkie

valve ginder

engine and head.

Old 11-04-2007, 12:16 PM   #56
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
nice build keep up the good work, I plan to do something similar pretty soon. but with forged internals ready for KA-T =) extremly clean car though

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 12:44 PM   #57
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
i cant get over how clean your work area is. nice man.
ms!3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 02:34 PM   #58
90KAcoupe
Zilvia Junkie

well the head has to come back off!!! and im FREAKIN PISSED!!!!!! im trying to get my car ready for a drift event coming up....

but the company i ordered my cometic head gasket from sent me the wrong one... i ordered a .045" head gasket. and they sent me a .051" head gasket.. which will lower compression. so im trying to get a hold of the company.. and get this crap straitened out...
Old 11-04-2007, 02:43 PM   #59
cronux
Zilvia Junkie

cronux is a name known to allcronux is a name known to allcronux is a name known to allcronux is a name known to allcronux is a name known to allcronux is a name known to allcronux is a name known to allcronux is a name known to allcronux is a name known to allcronux is a name known to allcronux is a name known to all
dude, everything looks clean as hell, and this thread is kind of my inspiration to do something similiar on my new coupe. but that head gasket bullshits gotta blow. damn, it seems like a whole bunch of companies are against your clean ass coupe build.
cronux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 03:01 PM   #60
qwikspool
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
qwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to qwikspool
clean as a whistle. nice build. cant wait to see it when its all finish.
qwikspool is offline   Reply With Quote