Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-04-2007, 06:20 PM   #61
90KAcoupe
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 90KAcoupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by cronux View Post
dude, everything looks clean as hell, and this thread is kind of my inspiration to do something similiar on my new coupe. but that head gasket bullshits gotta blow. damn, it seems like a whole bunch of companies are against your clean ass coupe build.
yea its definitly something that is worth the time... it makes u feel good when u look at your car and see everything nice and clean

but yea its seems like everything that could go wrong has gone wrong. but owell.... this little piggy is gonna keep on movin.
90KAcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2007, 10:07 PM   #62
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90KAcoupe View Post
well the head has to come back off!!! and im FREAKIN PISSED!!!!!! im trying to get my car ready for a drift event coming up....

but the company i ordered my cometic head gasket from sent me the wrong one... i ordered a .045" head gasket. and they sent me a .051" head gasket.. which will lower compression. so im trying to get a hold of the company.. and get this crap straitened out...
I honestly would't worry about that it won't lower the compression that much where you will notice it. but to each their own. if perfection is what you seek then go for it.

P.S. if u plan to turbo it keep that HG , however if ure gonna be an N/A monster then get some single slammer pistons, and notch them to clear valves then go for the high compression

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:05 AM   #63
eulalia
Zilvia Junkie

eulalia is close to perfectioneulalia is close to perfectioneulalia is close to perfectioneulalia is close to perfectioneulalia is close to perfectioneulalia is close to perfectioneulalia is close to perfectioneulalia is close to perfectioneulalia is close to perfectioneulalia is close to perfectioneulalia is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to eulalia
love how you did the brake lines, and cruise control button!!
Old 11-05-2007, 07:22 AM   #64
statik
Zilvia FREAK!

statik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to statik Send a message via MSN to statik
really good stuff, but for the love of god use a better camera, some of your pictures hurt my brain
Old 11-05-2007, 04:30 PM   #65
90KAcoupe
Zilvia Junkie

90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future
^^ lol i'm using my camera phone.... i know it sucks... but i dont have a good camera and one of my friends has one with pictures of my car on it.. he just never remembers to upload the pictures.

but i am getting a new head gasket... i went ahead and got it cause i've done a bunch of porting and polishing on the intake and head to achieve the most hp as possible... so lowering compression with a head gasket would just make me feel like i did all that for nothing. and it will just make me feel better.

but there were a couple of my friends that were super redneck trying to tell me that my car is gonna be slow cause its a 4cyl and how they can beat me in there v6 f-150's (stock). its kinda funny. i'll just take them for a ride in it down a good back road.. or give them a ride at autox and they will probably change there mind... lol (i don't think my car is gonna be a super fast car, but i think i will have plenty of power to have fun)
Old 11-05-2007, 06:41 PM   #66
B Love
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
B Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Keep up the good work. that slight difference in the headgasket should be fine
B Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:01 PM   #67
unicoladron
Zilvia Junkie

unicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choices
very clean clean clean, what type/color paint did you use on your block, it looks real nice.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:28 PM   #68
90KAcoupe
Zilvia Junkie

well here are some picks my friend took with his camera... they are pretty freakin old but they are better quality then the ones i have up... and it shows some of my intake mani port and polish work. (the ports arent quite finished in the picture but u can get an idea of the work done)

^^ this picture is setting up our tool to do line boreing on the cam cap journals.. they were warped causing the cam to not turn freely...
this seems to be pretty common on ka's, out of the 3 ka heads i have helped build... all three of them were warped causing the cams to not spin freely. so this is something i would recommend checking. this could cause a broken cam, and HP loss.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:10 PM   #69
IGSDann
Zilvia Junkie

IGSDann is an unknown quantity at this point
You're the only 16 year old who hasn't gay'd up his 240. Awesome work man!

Pushing 14.7 PSI of all natural boost!!!
IGSDann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 06:08 PM   #70
240trooper
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
240trooper is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240trooper Send a message via Yahoo to 240trooper
dam i loveing everything so far. Are you planing on going KA-T? or n/a?

2.7L
240trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 07:05 PM   #71
nwmrkt
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
nwmrkt will become famous soon enoughnwmrkt will become famous soon enoughnwmrkt will become famous soon enoughnwmrkt will become famous soon enoughnwmrkt will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
looks nice man!
So you stitched every seam in the engine bay? Anywhere else? fenders, rad support? Do you plan to stitch anywhere else? Did you "re-seam" the seals with sealer after?
nwmrkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 07:54 PM   #72
90KAcoupe
Zilvia Junkie

well for right now im going with a basic n/a build.. stock compression nothing real fancy.. but i do plan on pulling this engine back out later down the road and building a turbo motor. i would like to get the money to get good rods/pistons/ brian crower's 2.4l fullycounter weighted crank( not advertised on the site but he does make one) before i go turbo... i've always throught do it right the first time so u dont have to tear back into it to do something else.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:28 PM   #73
czarli
Leaky Injector

czarli has a spectacular aura aboutczarli has a spectacular aura aboutczarli has a spectacular aura aboutczarli has a spectacular aura aboutczarli has a spectacular aura aboutczarli has a spectacular aura about
beautiful work
czarli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 05:16 PM   #74
90KAcoupe
Zilvia Junkie

update.....not much waiting on headgasket. header is ordered (4-2-1 style)
Old 11-10-2007, 05:32 PM   #75
Howard92884
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Howard92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Howard92884
Nice stuff man, hope to get into more detailed cleaning, restoration of my car sometime too. Keep up the good work.
Howard92884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 06:55 PM   #76
wannabe_drifter
Zilvia Member

wannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to behold
90kacoupe : you talked about a brian crower fully counterweighted crank, how much do they sell it ???
Old 11-10-2007, 10:31 PM   #77
90KAcoupe
Zilvia Junkie

^^ 1800 if u just ordered one. but if u can get a group buy u can get them for 1300. in my opinion it would be worth it. just email him and he'll tell u about it.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:58 PM   #78
s13pignose
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
s13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I wish I was knew how to do all of this when I was 16. One thing though I'm confused with and if you don't mind answering...is it a machine shop or paint shop you work at. I see you painted the car but you are also assembling everything in what looks to be the same place. Good choice in color too btw. Oh yeah what did you do to get the inside of the manifold so smooth.

Sorry if you already answered, but is your friend gonna swap bottom ends with you?
s13pignose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 08:54 PM   #79
90KAcoupe
Zilvia Junkie

^^ well actually i haven't painted my car. its the original paint. the paint was a little faded when i bought the car and a buffer and a little elbow grease and she cleaned up really nice. i had a friend of mine believing a re painted it. but im doing all the work out of my basement... i have a pretty nice setup for working on cars. and the side that my car is sitting in can be made into a paint booth just by rolling down some plastic that i have rolled up.

i ended up not swaping the lower end with my friend. i cant really afford the other things i need to see full benefit of the high compression pistons. and i plan on going turbo later so h/c+turbo=fail...lol
Old 11-12-2007, 09:07 PM   #80
babowc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
babowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
you deserve a fucking cookie.
this is the cleanest thread/build i've seen to date.
YOU ftw. Cant wait to see the end product!!!
Old 11-12-2007, 09:31 PM   #81
s13pignose
Zilvia FREAK!

s13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
^^ well actually i haven't painted my car. its the original paint. the paint was a little faded when i bought the car and a buffer and a little elbow grease and she cleaned up really nice. i had a friend of mine believing a re painted it. but im doing all the work out of my basement... i have a pretty nice setup for working on cars. and the side that my car is sitting in can be made into a paint booth just by rolling down some plastic that i have rolled up.

i ended up not swaping the lower end with my friend. i cant really afford the other things i need to see full benefit of the high compression pistons. and i plan on going turbo later so h/c+turbo=fail...lol

buffer ftw then lol. Yeah does seem like a nice set up for working in.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:50 PM   #82
hijack3d
Zilvia Junkie

hijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond repute
+1 for a KLEEEN N/A build thread

Don't worry, it's legit: Review (Thanks Mike)
hijack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 11:15 PM   #83
90KAcoupe
Zilvia Junkie

still no head gasket,,,, geez its been 2 weeks since i talked to him... i left 4 or 5 messages and no calls back... im about to go ape shit on somebody!!! i missed the drift event i wanted to get my car ready for. so im pissed about that... but wat ever thats part companys for u....
Old 11-25-2007, 12:36 AM   #84
drftwerks
Nissanaholic!

drftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to drftwerks Send a message via MSN to drftwerks
Quote:
h/c+turbo=fail...lol

no hc + turbo + shit tune = fail

hc + turbo + standalone = faster spool, and panties droppin
Old 11-26-2007, 09:14 PM   #85
s13pignose
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
still no head gasket,,,, geez its been 2 weeks since i talked to him... i left 4 or 5 messages and no calls back... im about to go ape shit on somebody!!! i missed the drift event i wanted to get my car ready for. so im pissed about that... but wat ever thats part companys for u....
I hear ya...communication is everything. I believe it and honesty are the keys to a successful business, even without having one myself. Thats not to fault the person you bought the gasket from, but hopefully things get resolved soon for ya.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:19 PM   #86
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
i can tell you have mad attention for detail but it was a head gasket, with a .006 diff. i would of just kept it.
ms!3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 06:49 PM   #87
90KAcoupe
Zilvia Junkie

well im waiting on a head gasket still. but i talked to the shop and he said cometic is having to make the headgasket since they don't normally stock it. and i'll get it next week. but i have been doing some work on the engine trying to get all the bolts figured out and cleaned and painted. and getting all the vaccum stuff for the intake figured out.

but here are some pics i took with a decent camera. the lighting probably could have been a little but owell they are better then the camera phone.

^^custom egr block off

^^clean throttle body

but i got rid off egr/carbon canister setup. which got rid of all the lines except the idle air, and throttle body heater lines. (which i am keeping)

Last edited by 90KAcoupe; 11-29-2007 at 10:31 PM..
Old 11-29-2007, 06:56 PM   #88
90KAcoupe
Zilvia Junkie

oh and i have decided when i get the car done... im probably gonna post it up f/s or f/t for a CLEAN!! e30 325i preferably a 90-92 cause of the different front bumper and stuff. dont get me wrong i love my 240 but deep down inside i've always been a BMW fan. and after spending some time on bimmerforums.com i think im gonna go turbo e30.

here are some inspiration cars,
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1203743

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2509623 < beautiful car... would be perfect if it was turbo

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2349684/6 < super nice turbo setup.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:05 PM   #89
JDS Performance
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (53)
JDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
awsome man - but how do you tighten those bolts/nuts without ruining the paint?

if you need a FSM you can download it free off my site

keep up the great work!

nice idea on the rear links too! a ton cheaper than aftermarket!
JDS Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 07:25 PM   #90
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Everything looks really clean man
Car should look mint factory-plus style when its done!
Its good to see someone really building their car up clean and simple
Keep it up
IIIXziuR is offline   Reply With Quote