Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-29-2007, 07:33 PM   #91
ROUGE180
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
ROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ROUGE180 Send a message via Yahoo to ROUGE180
Damn that ish is minty.. I got chills just looking at it.. WOW.. I need a garage. I would love to talke my car completely apart and clean it up in the manner you did. Shoot.. I may bring my car to you and pay you to make it minty HAHA.. Keep it up.. cant wait for more pics.
ROUGE180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2007, 08:40 PM   #92
wannabe_drifter
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
wannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sooooooooo CLEAN !!!!
As good as new !! if not better !!
Old 11-29-2007, 08:50 PM   #93
berz
Zilvia Addict

berz is close to perfectionberz is close to perfectionberz is close to perfectionberz is close to perfectionberz is close to perfectionberz is close to perfectionberz is close to perfectionberz is close to perfectionberz is close to perfectionberz is close to perfectionberz is close to perfection
lookin good keep it up
berz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 11:26 PM   #94
90KAcoupe
Zilvia Junkie

90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to 90KAcoupe
well just for a small update.. we i finally got everything figured out with the headgasket. they ended up sending my money back after 7weeks.. well i havent got it yet.. but i better... so i order the gasket strait from cometic like i should have to begin with.. and i ordered a bunch of more parts to get my car rollin...

1. oil filter relocation
2. blaster coil
3. hooker header muffler offset single 2.5" input/ dual 2.5" output (should sound mellow and not loud.. and im building the rest with some stainless piping.
4. good set of spark plug wires.
5. radiator hoses

i also traded a extra slave cylinder i rebuilt. and some flywheel bolts for 4 s14 se wheels. and 4 z31 wheels.

and well i made a ballin ass comp chair.

Old 12-16-2007, 12:52 AM   #95
Subzeroqc
Leaky Injector

Subzeroqc will become famous soon enoughSubzeroqc will become famous soon enoughSubzeroqc will become famous soon enough
The gold is a little much for my taste, but damn thats hella clean!!! GJ man, keep us posted.
Subzeroqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 11:04 PM   #96
90KAcoupe
Zilvia Junkie

90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future
the car is finally starting to come together.. i have alot of parts coming in soon.. but i still have alot of work to do..

i love how i went back and read my build thread from the begining on 240sxforums.. and i noticed at first i thought this would take me 3 weeks.. then till june.... then till aug.....so im done estimating when my car will be driveable..

right now i need some type of struts/springs for my car.. so if u have any let me know.. i need something dirt cheap... or if u have any s13 rear upper strut mounts.. i can put a set of blown stock struts and springs on it..

i bled the brakes tonight so i have brakes... lol they do alot of good when u dont have struts or an engine.

SOMEBODY PLEASE SELL ME SOME CHEAP ASS STRUTS FOR A REALLY CHEAP PRICE!!!!!!!
Old 12-21-2007, 11:10 PM   #97
thedecapitator
BANNED

thedecapitator has made poor choicesthedecapitator has made poor choicesthedecapitator has made poor choicesthedecapitator has made poor choicesthedecapitator has made poor choicesthedecapitator has made poor choicesthedecapitator has made poor choicesthedecapitator has made poor choices
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
Where does this fit into your build?
LMFAO!!
thedecapitator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 12:42 AM   #98
90KAcoupe
Zilvia Junkie

well for an update with no pictures..... sorry im to tired...

but well the engine is together and ready to go in the car but i have one problem...

THE FUCKING COMETIC GASKET LEAKS OIL!!!!!!!!!!

so the head has to come off..

oh and just for the record the cometic leaking problem commonly found is an error in the design of the gaskets. for the explination click the link below

http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30606
thats me on ka-t

so dont buy cometic untill this gets fixed!!! hopefully the first customer service guy is cool enough to listen cause i will call back untill somebody listens
Old 12-30-2007, 12:56 AM   #99
HalveBlue
Zilvia FREAK!

HalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, Cometic gaskets are shit.

Just ask Steve Shadows.
HalveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 01:12 AM   #100
morbid
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
morbid is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
damn man if you were gonna redo everythign like that you might as well gotten a cheap one in not such great condition.
morbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 01:17 AM   #101
90KAcoupe
Zilvia Junkie

yea but then i guess thats just more work to do... cause my interior is perfect and all the weather stripping is good so i dont have to screw with that stuff.. and the body is strait and rust free.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:22 AM   #102
slow40
Zilvia Junkie

slow40 will become famous soon enoughslow40 will become famous soon enoughslow40 will become famous soon enoughslow40 will become famous soon enoughslow40 will become famous soon enough
that sucks jeremey, cometic does shaft some people.
i've heard they seal better with copper spray and a surface Ra of
AT LEAST 60 or below (prolifometer) , but yours
seems to be a different problem altogether

haven't s13 ka's been using cometics without problems though?
gl man
slow40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 01:26 AM   #103
90KAcoupe
Zilvia Junkie

so do and some do and some don't.. i have searched ka-t about the problem and there are like 15 threads about peoples cometic gaskets leaking..

Last edited by 90KAcoupe; 12-30-2007 at 01:40 AM.. Reason: i cant spell at 2:40a.m.
90KAcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 01:38 AM   #104
dops13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
dops13 is just really nicedops13 is just really nicedops13 is just really nicedops13 is just really nicedops13 is just really nicedops13 is just really nicedops13 is just really nicedops13 is just really nicedops13 is just really nicedops13 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Nice build... never get a cometic gasket!
dops13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 01:43 AM   #105
alindeman1989
Zilvia Addict

alindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to alindeman1989
keep up the good work
alindeman1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 11:12 AM   #106
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Is the leaky gasket only with KA's, or is the SR design flawed too?
Old 12-30-2007, 12:03 PM   #107
90KAcoupe
Zilvia Junkie

idk... i haven't looked at the cometic sr gasket.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:09 PM   #108
jbuckley
BANNED

Trader Rating: (4)
jbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
wow cool stuff man! glad to see someone who isnt doin gay stuff to their car . propppss
jbuckley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 03:25 PM   #109
nismo tuned s14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
nismo tuned s14 is making a name for him/her selfnismo tuned s14 is making a name for him/her selfnismo tuned s14 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
whats up. i havent seen you at joes in a while.

my cometic head gasket leaked for like a day. i was told it was because there is cork in between the metal. if it sits for too long in a warehouse or something the cork wont seal until liquid hits it and it expands again.

lol whether thats true or not i dont know. either way i freaked out and then it never leaked again.

-justin
nismo tuned s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 03:55 PM   #110
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Nice build man. You're doing what I've wanted to do for a while now.

Why did you remove EGR though? Just to make it look cleaner?

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 04:02 PM   #111
90KAcoupe
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo tuned s14 View Post
whats up. i havent seen you at joes in a while.

my cometic head gasket leaked for like a day. i was told it was because there is cork in between the metal. if it sits for too long in a warehouse or something the cork wont seal until liquid hits it and it expands again.

lol whether thats true or not i dont know. either way i freaked out and then it never leaked again.

-justin
idk.. its cool urs isnt leakin but i went and bought a felpro headgasket.. and im calling it done.. i just hope i can get my money back from cometic.

but whens the last time u talked to joe?? bobby told me he wasnt doin to good.... if u kno wat i mean..

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Nice build man. You're doing what I've wanted to do for a while now.

Why did you remove EGR though? Just to make it look cleaner?
yea basiclly. i dont need it for emissions around here.. and i got rid of the carbon canister and everything.. so it just cleans up the engine quite a bit.
Old 12-30-2007, 04:20 PM   #112
JDS Performance
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (53)
JDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Cleans engine bay and keeps the engine itself cleaner - not as much carbon build up everywhere. I even noticed the throttle to be more responsive - of course I did alot of others things which could have contributed to that so...
JDS Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 04:27 PM   #113
nismo tuned s14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
nismo tuned s14 is making a name for him/her selfnismo tuned s14 is making a name for him/her selfnismo tuned s14 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
yeah felpro shouldnt let ya down. but i know how ya feel when you get everything together and your f'n head gasket leaks. i almost went on a rampage.
nismo tuned s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 04:31 PM   #114
sofo259
Leaky Injector

sofo259 is an unknown quantity at this point
damn son !!! this build up gave me a shit ton of encouragement to get my coupe rollin !!!

awesome build, why didn't you just run an OEM head gasket to begin with ?? from what i have read on this thread your not going to be making enough power to need the cometic..
sofo259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 05:39 PM   #115
drftwerks
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
drftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drftwerks Send a message via MSN to drftwerks
so stock links and arms??
Old 12-30-2007, 07:35 PM   #116
90KAcoupe
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by drftwerks View Post
so stock links and arms??
yea but i have made them adjustable by adding rod ends in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofo259 View Post
damn son !!! this build up gave me a shit ton of encouragement to get my coupe rollin !!!

awesome build, why didn't you just run an OEM head gasket to begin with ?? from what i have read on this thread your not going to be making enough power to need the cometic..
i just wanted it to be safe when i was out at the track and peggin the rev limiter and stuff.. but the head is back on with the felpro gasket.. so im back where i was last night.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:31 AM   #117
90KAcoupe
Zilvia Junkie

the engine almost went in tonight but the flywheel bolts had stretched threads so if u have any flywheel bolts lmk asap....
Old 12-31-2007, 11:01 AM   #118
90KAcoupe
Zilvia Junkie

who just neg repped me thinking i neg repped them.. i didnt do it..
Old 01-01-2008, 07:21 PM   #119
90KAcoupe
Zilvia Junkie

I guess its time to post an update..
the engine is in the car and i didnt get any work done on it today cause we had some family come over and we had a hardcore ping pong tournament. but here are some pics of the engine in the car.

and i bought a set of agx's with intrax springs off here today. so i will have something decent on my car untill i build my koni setup that im wanting to build
koni setup will be:
koni 8610 race inserts
custom strut housings
GC coilover sleeves
some type of camber plates.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:25 PM   #120
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
pretty fresh, i'm assuming everything was powered coated?
ms!3 is offline   Reply With Quote