Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 11:12 AM   #31
Edgar
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Edgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Edgar
I'm going to talk to EMOTOR and try to get some more information on them.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:30 AM   #32
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
"You get what you pay for"

Buy coilovers that are proven and tested, save up and do it right the first time.

Don't cheap out on suspension, bad coils will make your car not so fun, hitting your head on the roof is also painful.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:49 AM   #33
Bobafreak
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
Bobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiDyNomiTe View Post

Buy coilovers that are proven and tested, save up and do it right the first time.

Don't cheap out on suspension, bad coils will make your car not so fun, hitting your head on the roof is also painful.
yeah i paid nothing...

your 2nd quote is blahh i heard that before it really still doesent mean a thing because you could test any coilover and they still could break leak etc that goes for all name brand coilovers.

3rd quote like i said they arent bouncy at all compared to tein and megans werent that bad either.

put it this way folks if you are on a freakin budget and not omg i need to spend xxx for these coilovers because whatever reason try these there not bad. They are very close to the megan "drift" models they have for a even lower price. They offer a freakin 1 yr warranty as well. So shit. still even if i didnt have to pay for them its freakin 6 bills yr warranty its not like they arent local or behind phones and you deal with that shit. i probably spend more than that on freakin aero.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:12 PM   #34
hijack3d
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
hijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I've tested out coilovers before. And I'm pretty critical. The function/forms and the Megans. And everyone says they're "the same" but not 100%...

The MR's actually gave me more trouble than the F2's, and I never even tracked the car with the MR's! I wasn't impressed w/ the ride quality with the MR's on my S14, but I was impressed with the ride quality on the F2's in my S13. (Both cars, only suspension mod at the time were the coilovers). They weren't as stiff, which I liked. But my perception of good could totally be different than your perception of good. I like good response without sacrificing too much ride quality. Which is super hard to find with any coilover set up as it's already naturally more stiff than any struts/springs combo.

Anyway, MR's and F2's both had the same problem. When I went from full soft to full stiff, I didn't really feel too much of a difference in handling. Horrible valving. It's probably the same situation w/ these, but you tell me I want to feel the difference.

The hardware on the MR's were better than the F2's. I broke a stud removing the F2's from my car. How's the hardware on these? Good quality? Cheap quality? The hardware I got w/ my F2's reminded me of the cheap tools you buy at WalMart. So easy to replace, but yet they skimped out on it...

Anyway, those are some questions I would ask if I were testing out coils. Besides the obvious, which is ride. Need to know about longevity and adjustability.

Personally, I wouldn't have bought them if they weren't pretty much given to me. I need more drastic adjustability and better longevity. So if these are in the same league, I'd be eating Ramen until I had enough to get something better.

Don't worry, it's legit: Review (Thanks Mike)
Old 01-17-2008, 12:21 PM   #35
Bobafreak
Nissanaholic!

Bobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfection
Well only way to solve this is driving my car i guess. your local as well. We can do a godspeed R&d in a open field. Everyone write reviews.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:27 PM   #36
vinhnumber
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
vinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobafreak View Post
Well only way to solve this is driving my car i guess. your local as well. We can do a godspeed R&d in a open field. Everyone write reviews.
Do an event CG! TON's of pictures!
Old 01-17-2008, 12:38 PM   #37
Bobafreak
Nissanaholic!

Ill provide gas everyone bring tires. 10 min per person. Ill need you all to sign a liabillity contract.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:18 PM   #38
hijack3d
Zilvia Junkie

hijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond repute
LOL. Cool, I'm down. You're right, it's hard to really say anything about something until you actually try it...

Old 01-17-2008, 01:21 PM   #39
Bobafreak
Nissanaholic!

hmm ok well that leaves me, vinh, hijack3d. Ill ask squidd, we need a date and location. Ideas anyone?..
Old 01-17-2008, 02:09 PM   #40
Edgar
Post Whore!

Edgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfection
Quote:

I do agree with this to some point, not a lot of "good" coils out there that have been tested. Ok, I don't know if that made since.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:11 PM   #41
Bobafreak
Nissanaholic!

i understood it.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:15 PM   #42
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by robtheflyer View Post
I tried to ask questions and start a thread about these a month ago, but a moderator locked my thread before anyone would respond. I would say someone with a budget project should try them? Tax time is around the corner anyway right? Well, here's hoping that someone is brave enough to give them a try.
There was a reason the thread was closed:
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=169158
The section it was placed in was the major reason.

And I write too!
Old 01-17-2008, 04:12 PM   #43
Rusker
Zilvia Junkie

Rusker is on a distinguished road
If you are looking for budget just stay with Megan. More than likely these are rebadged megans but it's probably not worth finding out for yourself.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:58 PM   #44
Bobafreak
Nissanaholic!

who said they had to buy them i said my car was the test car. lol.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:15 PM   #45
hijack3d
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusker View Post
If you are looking for budget just stay with Megan. More than likely these are rebadged megans but it's probably not worth finding out for yourself.
Do you own Megans? There's another active thread about their coilovers and !Zar! and I both said the exact same thing about them... they're not very good.

Bobafreak... I'm free next weekend. This weekend I'm dong the 5-speed and 5-lug swap on my car and a friend of mine is coming into town on Sunday... which does mean though since I'm going 5-lug that I do have a set of wheels with good meaty tires on them that'll have no purpose after this weekend ... if you know what I mean!

I have another set of coilovers that I'll be testing out in a couple weeks or so. If all goes well this time around, it'd be kind of cool if this could be a regular thing. Maybe the same group or anyone who's interested could get together and write reviews about parts we install to test...

Old 01-17-2008, 05:22 PM   #46
Bobafreak
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hijack3d View Post
Do you own Megans? There's another active thread about their coilovers and !Zar! and I both said the exact same thing about them... they're not very good.

Bobafreak... I'm free next weekend. This weekend I'm dong the 5-speed and 5-lug swap on my car and a friend of mine is coming into town on Sunday... which does mean though since I'm going 5-lug that I do have a set of wheels with good meaty tires on them that'll have no purpose after this weekend ... if you know what I mean!

I have another set of coilovers that I'll be testing out in a couple weeks or so. If all goes well this time around, it'd be kind of cool if this could be a regular thing. Maybe the same group or anyone who's interested could get together and write reviews about parts we install to test...
Dahh next weekend ill be in mt high snowboarding and going to see a band( we are the arsenal) @ the showcase in corona. The week after im moving to upland close to squidds house. (so i can bug the shit out of him, spy on his house and go next door and ask for waffle fries and spacers >_<) i can try to squeeze Sunday if its ok with the misses but we got alot a shit to move. My overall question is location. I know a spot not too far for you, but im not sure if its a ok go to do it yet so im going to ask around.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:57 PM   #47
kouki_s14
Zilvia FREAK!

kouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kouki_s14
Quote:

I'm not so sure "you get what you pay for" is entirely correct here. From my research, everything that comes out of China OR Japan (yes that is right JAPAN) is crap. With the exception of the camber plates, most Chinese or Japanese coilovers are crap. When i say coilovers i mean shocks. Even the supposedly "high end" stuff like Cusco, HKS, and EVEN Zeal cant come close to some American or European brands.

So paying $2500 for coilovers doesnt exactly get you much more than the $1000 coilovers give you. There is a reason Motons, Ohlins, Penskes, Sachs etc are anywhere from $5000 to $20,000.

Why do you think the Mine's suspension for the new GTR is $10,000? Because Mine's knows something about suspension and had Sachs make their shocks. The GTR has stock Bilsteins, which is also a great shock company. They could have called up Zeal to design some $4000 coilovers, but going from Bilstein to Zeal is a horrible horrible downgrade.

There have been thread after thread about what suspension/coilover is good. Last i checked a very very small percentage of 240 owners need REAL shocks, most just want to slam the shit out of their cars. Of course the more expensive coilovers will be a little bit better, but why pay another $1000 for something you probably wont even notice. For $1000 you can get some Konis that will blow away your $2000 JIC crap coilovers.

So "you get what you pay for" doesnt apply too well, people on zilvia just need to learn a thing or two about shocks and be smart with their money. If you want to just slam your car, get some chinese coilovers, if you want your car to perform get Konis, if you can afford it get some Motons, Penskes, etc.

For those of you who think im full of shit read this:

http://farnorthracing.com/autocross_secrets6.html

I've posted it and many others on this forum have before as well, yet no one seems to read it.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:01 PM   #48
Bobafreak
Nissanaholic!

well said. +rep
Old 01-17-2008, 07:00 PM   #49
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
EDIT: I am sticking to my post...

After a couple months of hard driving on them let us know how they are. It would be nice to see some other reviews from non-sponsored people.

Let's hope this doesn't become another D2 fiasco...
Old 01-17-2008, 10:36 PM   #50
hijack3d
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobafreak View Post
Dahh next weekend ill be in mt high snowboarding and going to see a band( we are the arsenal) @ the showcase in corona. The week after im moving to upland close to squidds house. (so i can bug the shit out of him, spy on his house and go next door and ask for waffle fries and spacers >_<) i can try to squeeze Sunday if its ok with the misses but we got alot a shit to move. My overall question is location. I know a spot not too far for you, but im not sure if its a ok go to do it yet so im going to ask around.
That's cool man... I can do it sometime during the week too, no big deal. Whenever's good for you, I don't have a missus to answer to. I just moved into the area, sorry I don't know any good places..

Old 01-17-2008, 11:02 PM   #51
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
kouki_S14 - well put, which is why my next set of 'coilovers' will be custom valved Konis. repped.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:33 PM   #52
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
kouki_S14 - well put, which is why my next set of 'coilovers' will be custom valved Konis. repped.
heh, I am heading down this road as well.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 01-17-2008, 11:50 PM   #53
slow40sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
slow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slow40sx
oh yeah i was considering these for a while but i figured i have 600 y not save 400 more and snag the good shit, powered by MAX anyone?
Old 01-18-2008, 04:34 PM   #54
Edgar
Post Whore!

Quote:
EDIT: I am sticking to my post...

After a couple months of hard driving on them let us know how they are. It would be nice to see some other reviews from non-sponsored people.

Let's hope this doesn't become another D2 fiasco...

yeaa LUPE
Old 01-25-2008, 09:36 PM   #55
driftcardotnet
BANNED

driftcardotnet is making his/her stupidity well-knowndriftcardotnet is making his/her stupidity well-knowndriftcardotnet is making his/her stupidity well-knowndriftcardotnet is making his/her stupidity well-knowndriftcardotnet is making his/her stupidity well-known
haha, i was thinking that they private label some of their stuff. in case you have no idea what that means, Private Labeling is when you buy brandless/ nameless products from another company, and slap your name on it and call it your own. i've seen it done with vitamins, and health supplements, and i've seen knock off auto parts which are like these. notice how in their picture they don't have their name on it.
oh this reminds me of those counterfeit tein coilovers on ebay, the ones that have the tein sticker on them....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GODSP...QQcmdZViewItem

....and here's the version with 16 way dampening.

Old 01-26-2008, 04:14 PM   #56
spg240sx
Zilvia Member

spg240sx is making a name for him/her selfspg240sx is making a name for him/her self
they look almost identical to my megans... other than the gay 6 camber bolts per coilover
Old 01-26-2008, 04:37 PM   #57
crazybb
Zilvia Member

crazybb is on a distinguished road
anybody use these yet??
Old 01-26-2008, 04:52 PM   #58
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
^ have you even read the thread?

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
Old 01-26-2008, 05:13 PM   #59
cfinch
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
cfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Who cares... They warranty them for a year and they are cheap as hell... It has to be a huge improvement over any shock/spring setup... Basically if its all that can fit in your budget and you get that much more enjoyment out of your car then in the end it's all worth it... If your driving on a more serious level than yes it's worth it to upgrade I just don't get the battle of these cheap garbage coilovers... This one sucks more then the other blah blah blah... I saw them in person and if I were on a budget then yes I would buy these... If your new to the scene you can spend the extra money on some track days which would be worth more than the marginally better and also cheap china coilovers...
Old 01-27-2008, 06:22 AM   #60
Edgar
Post Whore!

Ok guys so I am planning to go talk to EMOTOR soon, what are some questions that you want for me to ask. Two guys here in town have been running these and pretty hard I would say and have no complaints they say it's pretty identical to some other brands that are Zilvia friendly. How long would that last? I don't know.

Like finch says who cares they are cheap.