Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 02:22 AM   #121
SilviaBricks
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
SilviaBricks is a glorious beacon of lightSilviaBricks is a glorious beacon of lightSilviaBricks is a glorious beacon of lightSilviaBricks is a glorious beacon of lightSilviaBricks is a glorious beacon of lightSilviaBricks is a glorious beacon of lightSilviaBricks is a glorious beacon of lightSilviaBricks is a glorious beacon of lightSilviaBricks is a glorious beacon of lightSilviaBricks is a glorious beacon of lightSilviaBricks is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If anyone can find these coils in the high 300 low 400 range id pick them up, install em, and write a decent review.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2008, 01:03 PM   #122
s13.dark1
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
s13.dark1 is making a name for him/her selfs13.dark1 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i got 2 red squares from 2 post that i made lol no love!
Old 02-17-2008, 01:47 PM   #123
jackjack
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
jackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilviaBricks View Post
If anyone can find these coils in the high 300 low 400 range id pick them up, install em, and write a decent review.

thats how much they were for the test vehicles. you wont find a price like that unless you find something used.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:46 PM   #124
veilside180sx
Zilvia Junkie

veilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to all
Haz-e I don't recall you having 8611's. They were probably just yellows, and there is a considerable difference between them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haz-e View Post
I ran Tein HEs (car was corner balanced) for 6 months. Entry level coils yes, daily yes. Sold yes.

Ran Koni Yellows (8611). Great shocks for a great price. Loved them. Sold them with the car.

Decided to go cheap on my newer beater. Kyb Agx w/RSR springs. Honestly feel the same as the yellows.

I daily drive my coupe. Roads in Wa are rough.

No I dont see any D1 driver question suspension. Never made that statement. I simply stated exactly what you did. The Penske comparision was to simply point out S Chassis are cheap cars. If someone is questioning these for they're S Chassis then chances are budget matters. Real coils for 1600...maybe used Ohlins.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:32 PM   #125
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe╚╗14 View Post
we need to stop the hate for cheap products..its like brainwash. go by personal or know experiences not by price...jesus christ...
make your own decisions...
its not "cool" to pay for overpiced products...
Thats not the right way to go about things either. The best way is to look at the performance numbers we can get from useful methods of measure. Almost every component in a car can be tested. Coilovers can also be tested, more specifically the shocks and the springs they contain. We can put a shock on a shock dyno and measure its performance the same way we can put an engine on an engine dyno to see if a part or modification gives us any noticeable improvement.

The problem is that these coilovers are most likely like every other asian coilover on the market. Unless testing on a shock dyno proves otherwise, that is what will be assumed. Personally I can't only go off the "butt dyno" of other people because that is very subjective. Numbers on the other hand, don't lie.

I agree, it is not cool to pay a high price for a product just to pay a high price, that makes no sense. But there is a reason that quality products cost more than its inferior counterpart. Supply and Demand.

There is a high demand for quality products and a supply lower than the demand, this drives the price higher. And we can really get into that, but thats a whole 'nother issue.

Anyways, back on track, there are many affordable shocks (Koni, KYB, and Tokico to name a few) that are proven to perform better than the stock shocks and which you can combine with a set of quality springs. So I can't say that price is the true advantage for these Godspeed coilovers. The only "advantage" to these Godspeed coilovers is that they're height adjustable and can possibly go "really low".

Their dampening adjustability is something that can be argued even further. Since most of these coilovers are terribly valved and unbalanced and don't even adjust what needs to be.

So for someone who cares more about price and looks, this will probably be a good choice. Someone who cares more about price and performance they'll probably be looking into a proven setup like Koni/KYB/Tokico and for someone who cares more about performance and is on a higher budget, they're probably looking at customizable, high end proven solution anyways...
Old 02-17-2008, 11:13 PM   #126
Nismo2Forty
Leaky Injector

Nismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymore
Hes asking for reviews on these coilovers, you know, experience with them... not to repeat the same thing over and over again.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:37 AM   #127
simple13

simple13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Im new to this site and after reading alllll of these pages i can tell this is where i need to be! LOL!
Old 02-18-2008, 08:51 AM   #128
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismo2Forty View Post
Hes asking for reviews on these coilovers, you know, experience with them... not to repeat the same thing over and over again.
The real thing is that there are very few people on this site qualified to give a review.

Most people who "review" coilovers are hardparking street-driving e-brake crankers.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:57 PM   #129
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
but at least something...at least they can get a p[ersonal opinion to know if the coilovers are at least similar to other cheap brands, ride quality stiffness height, and it doesnt matter if they are hardparkers, e brake pulling bitches lol..because they are the same people that are asking for reviews,, so leave it between them..
Old 02-20-2008, 06:10 PM   #130
timtiminy
Zilvia Addict

timtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to timtiminy
anyone know if the megan rear lower mounts to use the z32 uprights and the front extended brackets will work on these?
Old 02-20-2008, 08:35 PM   #131
danman04x
Leaky Injector

danman04x is an unknown quantity at this point
What do you all think about the stance gr sport? They are under 1000 also
Old 02-20-2008, 08:55 PM   #132
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
^you should search. 91283981283 threads on stance/reviews.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:09 PM   #133
GabeS14
Post Whore!

GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
mmmmm... what is this "search" thing you all speak of???
does it include thinking?
Old 02-22-2008, 05:27 AM   #134
Rockogtr
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Rockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rockogtr
i just ordered a set from the group buy so when i get them on ill let you guys know how they are...
Old 02-22-2008, 07:52 AM   #135
Dirty Habit
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
Dirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockogtr View Post
i just ordered a set from the group buy so when i get them on ill let you guys know how they are...

Please do.
5 pages of arguing, no pictures or actual reviews of the product by those who actually own it and use it.
We're better than that.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:55 AM   #136
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Habit View Post
Please do.
5 pages of arguing, no pictures or actual reviews of the product by those who actually own it and use it.
We're better than that.
... and I already told you that the reviews are amateur at best.

How a crappy coilover rides in contrast to another crappy coilover? How badly it bounces versus how badly another bounces?

Please. This is ridiculous, and you guys are eating it up.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:36 AM   #137
Nismo2Forty
Leaky Injector

Nismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post

How a crappy coilover rides in contrast to another crappy coilover? How badly it bounces versus how badly another bounces?

Please. Thats all they are looking for, these coilover are for amateurs... not professionals. Who cares, if you have nothing to contribute, quit whining and ignore the thread.

I dont know how you compare other coilovers but thats usually how people review. Their own view (whether they are amateur or a pro coilover reviewer, who cares, its not like you will ever buy them) and then say whether its better than another coilover they've had experience with or its their first coilover. People are looking for experiences with them thats it.

I'm not on either side of this drama, but just let it go and leave them be, its their car and their decision, theirs no point in arguing with everyone.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:42 AM   #138
Bobafreak
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
Bobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
wooooo! you need to join the blue side.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:05 PM   #139
MiaS13
BANNED

MiaS13 has a little shameless behavior in the past
i find it funny that a thread like this would of gotten this out of hand. and alot of the people that are commenting have absolutly no experience with this company. i respect the opinion of the people that HAVE tried products from this company, because in the end they are the only ones that knows whats the "real deal". ive never tried them nor have i ridden in car that has them so i am in no position to comment. i on the otherhand have done some homework and spent some time on the phone with one of their main distributors and came up with some nice info.

-these are made in the same factory as megans and ksports and are direct knockoffs of the N1's.
-the warranty will cover anything that is not CLEARLY VISUAL brute damage
- the warranty covers ALL PARTS.
- they have some baller customer service
honestly i track my car 2 times a month and yea indulge in some "e brake cranking" at my own leisure. but just like many of us i dont have money growing in my backyard. so we have to make due with what we have. i am personally going to invest in a pair of these for my car and i will be writing a review on them. i have driven on megans, stance, tiens so i have a something to base my review on.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:14 PM   #140
Donesyboy
Zilvia Junkie

Donesyboy is a jewel in the roughDonesyboy is a jewel in the roughDonesyboy is a jewel in the roughDonesyboy is a jewel in the roughDonesyboy is a jewel in the roughDonesyboy is a jewel in the roughDonesyboy is a jewel in the roughDonesyboy is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaS13 View Post
i find it funny that a thread like this would of gotten this out of hand. and alot of the people that are commenting have absolutly no experience with this company. i respect the opinion of the people that HAVE tried products from this company, because in the end they are the only ones that knows whats the "real deal". ive never tried them nor have i ridden in car that has them so i am in no position to comment. i on the otherhand have done some homework and spent some time on the phone with one of their main distributors and came up with some nice info.

-these are made in the same factory as megans and ksports and are direct knockoffs of the N1's.
-the warranty will cover anything that is not CLEARLY VISUAL brute damage
- the warranty covers ALL PARTS.
- they have some baller customer service
honestly i track my car 2 times a month and yea indulge in some "e brake cranking" at my own leisure. but just like many of us i dont have money growing in my backyard. so we have to make due with what we have. i am personally going to invest in a pair of these for my car and i will be writing a review on them. i have driven on megans, stance, tiens so i have a something to base my review on.
alright alright alright i can respect that = ]
when i get a 240 im gonna dive into suspension first so that would be great...i had megans on my MR2 and they were totally rockable good shizz
Old 02-26-2008, 10:23 PM   #141
handinpants
FreshColdBeer.com

Trader Rating: (48)
handinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via AIM to handinpants
hey BustedS13 you buy em i'll ride em....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GODSP...spagenameZWDVW

IT'S OKAY THIS ISN'T A FOR SALE THREAD. DON'T PANIC

this one's $619 shipped. who's our guinea pig?
Old 02-26-2008, 10:34 PM   #142
driftage240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
driftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to driftage240
not bad for the price

Misty blu is coming 4 you!
Old 02-26-2008, 11:25 PM   #143
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Buy what you want, I'm giving up.

If you won't listen to the truth, I'll let you buy the gilded turds.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:38 AM   #144
Neejay
Post Whore!

Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
Anyone that bought a pair have any updates?

I don't care about theories, opinions, etc. if you haven't tested them out. Megans got the same crap when they first came out. Now I've heard more good things about them than bad.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:39 AM   #145
sunnys14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
sunnys14 is just really nicesunnys14 is just really nicesunnys14 is just really nicesunnys14 is just really nicesunnys14 is just really nicesunnys14 is just really nicesunnys14 is just really nicesunnys14 is just really nicesunnys14 is just really nicesunnys14 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Megans and all those cheap coilover are probably made from the same factory anyways.

Just like everything else in this world, there are few big companies who sell to vendors with relabeled products.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:54 AM   #146
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Agree...aaahhh cant wait till i get back from my vacation in MArch in Miami, gonna buy my new hood and get these coils, and slam them ...then when haters ask what i put on my S14.. and it looks badass.. I am gonna say Godspeed!!!!
but yea.. keep saving money to buy $2000 coilovers if you want..maybe about this time in a couple years you might be able to afford them and put them on your bucket that cost less then the coils themselves....and..pretending you are a pro drifter..while you drive it back and forth to school and work..
its up to you..
Old 02-27-2008, 04:10 AM   #147
MiaS13
BANNED

MiaS13 has a little shameless behavior in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by handinpants View Post
hey BustedS13 you buy em i'll ride em....
FagInPants. lets keep the childish low blow attempts to a minimum
Old 02-27-2008, 04:24 AM   #148
shawn240sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
shawn240sx is just really niceshawn240sx is just really niceshawn240sx is just really niceshawn240sx is just really niceshawn240sx is just really niceshawn240sx is just really niceshawn240sx is just really niceshawn240sx is just really niceshawn240sx is just really niceshawn240sx is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Has anyone seen these...

Has anyone seen these for $470 shipped???
i am curious and very interested in these for that price they are definietly worth a try....
Old 02-27-2008, 11:56 AM   #149
StaticX27
Zilvia Junkie

StaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post

As sad as it is, that amatuer first hand information has considerably more merit than professional 3rd hand experience. If you've never seen then, never touched them, never seen the shock dynos, how can you make judgements on them? You've never seen any data regarding the valving on these, so how do you know it's crap? Just because they look like megans and k2's? What if they're just in the same casing as megans, but they have bilstein inserts? Are they still crap then?

I mean the "professionals" are making a number of baseless comments about these coilovers and have absolutely nothing to support their statements. Chances are you are right about these, they are probably your regular china knock off special, but I wouldn't discourage people from trying it out, since there's literally 5 pages of not answering the OP's question.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:59 AM   #150
Neejay
Post Whore!

Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticX27 View Post
As sad as it is, that amatuer first hand information has considerably more merit than professional 3rd hand experience. If you've never seen then, never touched them, never seen the shock dynos, how can you make judgements on them? You've never seen any data regarding the valving on these, so how do you know it's crap? Just because they look like megans and k2's? What if they're just in the same casing as megans, but they have bilstein inserts? Are they still crap then?

I mean the "professionals" are making a number of baseless comments about these coilovers and have absolutely nothing to support their statements. Chances are you are right about these, they are probably your regular china knock off special, but I wouldn't discourage people from trying it out, since there's literally 5 pages of not answering the OP's question.
Well said.

I also think sometimes "professionals" tend to be TOO critical. I would assume they notice things that the average "amateur" wouldn't notice, nor care about.
Closed Thread