Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-20-2008, 12:33 PM   #31
Drifter Z
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (64)
Drifter Z has much to be proud ofDrifter Z has much to be proud ofDrifter Z has much to be proud ofDrifter Z has much to be proud ofDrifter Z has much to be proud ofDrifter Z has much to be proud ofDrifter Z has much to be proud ofDrifter Z has much to be proud ofDrifter Z has much to be proud ofDrifter Z has much to be proud ofDrifter Z has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 64 reviews
Nice work I love your Brembo.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:37 PM   #32
cgtdream
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
cgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Nice work...lol, so many pictures, you did a great job documenting everything.....your car must feel like a beast now...
Old 01-20-2008, 12:38 PM   #33
SW20Racer
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
SW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
Was with you till the S15 front...
beat me to it.
SW20Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 12:41 PM   #34
kernel
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
kernel is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Are you using a stock 7m-gte clutch? If no, which brand is it?
kernel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 12:51 PM   #35
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:

don't do it!
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 01:06 PM   #36
Acidz
Zilvia Member

Acidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the rough
to late i just went and bought the s15 headlights and already have the carbon hood i also had the carbon trunk but had to send it back to seibon due to it havin way to much clear it was facked
Acidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 01:07 PM   #37
Acidz
Zilvia Member

Acidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by munkfu View Post
Are you using a stock 7m-gte clutch? If no, which brand is it?

im using a competition clutch stage 5 4 puck
Old 01-20-2008, 01:13 PM   #38
aguadilla

Trader Rating: (2)
aguadilla is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
All I have to say is wow! Great buildup and the car looks really good. Congrats to you sir
aguadilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 01:20 PM   #39
slavetothemuzic
Leaky Injector

slavetothemuzic has a spectacular aura aboutslavetothemuzic has a spectacular aura aboutslavetothemuzic has a spectacular aura aboutslavetothemuzic has a spectacular aura aboutslavetothemuzic has a spectacular aura aboutslavetothemuzic has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to slavetothemuzic
I'm not at all a fan of the non Nissan engine swaps, but I have to say that you've done a great job with everything.

The whole car looks clean and flows really well. I really like that.
slavetothemuzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 01:32 PM   #40
s13pignose
Zilvia FREAK!

s13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of light
Definitely a clean swap
s13pignose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 01:39 PM   #41
dirtdiggler666
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
dirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
sell the s15 stuff and use the money in a better place but its your car
Old 01-20-2008, 01:47 PM   #42
jyon9689
Leaky Injector

jyon9689 is making a name for him/her selfjyon9689 is making a name for him/her selfjyon9689 is making a name for him/her self
If you're set on the S15 conv. just do it. However I think a 2JZ'd widebody Zenki would be waaaaay sexier. I gotta love how well you documented this...damn!
jyon9689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 01:48 PM   #43
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdiggler666 View Post
sell the s15 stuff and use the money in a better place but its your car
Agreed. S15 front end will kill that car. Keep it Zenki.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:16 PM   #44
Acidz
Zilvia Member

whats with the s15 front end hate??? i hate the zenki front end the kouki isnt to bad but s15 is baller LOL

im also gettin my roof done in carbon car is gonna be two tone gold bottom and black on pillars and carbon hood, trunk and roof...just need to find a sick carbon wing
Old 01-20-2008, 02:19 PM   #45
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
S15 front end has been done to death. I mean come on, they have the conversion for Acuras and Hondas. Zenki can look EXTREMELY clean when done right. Plus I think you should keep the car clean and subtle looking. S15 just screams "Look at me! I need attention!!".

Ultimately it's your choice.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:20 PM   #46
PITCH
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
PITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
Agreed. S15 front end will kill that car. Keep it Zenki.
Agreed X3

Use the $$ for nice Zenki or Kouki aero goodness.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:23 PM   #47
Acidz
Zilvia Member

FACK!!! grrr i was also thinkin about the Kouki front end but was like ah fuck it go s15!
Old 01-20-2008, 02:31 PM   #48
DOOK
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
hate the zenki front end... what? The S15 front looks good on, guess what, an S15. It's like putting a ferrari front end on a fearo... no no no.

DUFFM4N's car is pimpolicious... now it sports VS-XX

DOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 02:42 PM   #49
Acidz
Zilvia Member

k im not gonna like that car looks awesome is that the german glass headlights?
Old 01-20-2008, 02:47 PM   #50
Acidz
Zilvia Member

bah fack it im just gonna stay with the s15 front i know a lot of u guys may not like it, but the way i see it is that up here in Canada we really dont have a lot of front end swaps to the s15 like down in the states

and really its how i want my car to look in the end so....i do appreciate all your advice
Old 01-20-2008, 02:53 PM   #51
240truk
Zilvia Member

240truk has a spectacular aura about240truk has a spectacular aura about240truk has a spectacular aura about240truk has a spectacular aura about240truk has a spectacular aura about240truk has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOK View Post
hate the zenki front end... what? The S15 front looks good on, guess what, an S15. It's like putting a ferrari front end on a fearo... no no no.

Kouki s14 front > s15 front for sho
Old 01-20-2008, 03:31 PM   #52
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
allntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
i agree with everyone to stay zenki and pickup some european glass headlights and some subtle aero would be super clean, awesome work though.
allntrlundrgrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 03:33 PM   #53
2fast240
Zilvia Member

2fast240 has a reputation beyond repute2fast240 has a reputation beyond repute2fast240 has a reputation beyond repute2fast240 has a reputation beyond repute2fast240 has a reputation beyond repute2fast240 has a reputation beyond repute2fast240 has a reputation beyond repute2fast240 has a reputation beyond repute2fast240 has a reputation beyond repute2fast240 has a reputation beyond repute2fast240 has a reputation beyond repute
Fuck all the haters man, excellent build, very detailed writeup. Plus, you are the one who put in all the work and time and money so go ahead with the s15 front. Build the car so that you love it, fuck what other people say its yours, not theirs.
2fast240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 05:20 PM   #54
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Go S15, I dont want everyone jumping on the Zenki bandwaggon. Silvia fronts on 13's are played too but people still do it.

Its your car do what you want, S15 fronts can look good, just depends. Great progress BTW.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:02 PM   #55
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Quote:

Here I thought I was going to be the only one.

It's not just the S15 conversion that bothers me, I actually prefer the look of the S14 front.
Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 06:17 PM   #56
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Gavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Gavster
Its your car man, do whatever front end you want to do! Be prepared for the heat obviously haha but do what makes you happiest, being a car enthusiast is about making yourself happy, not a forum full of dudes!

That being said, I love the car overall! Nice swap, clean work and pretty unique! Props to you!
Old 01-20-2008, 06:56 PM   #57
RUTH'LESSDET
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
RUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to RUTH'LESSDET
I like this thread shit gets str8 to the point and i didnt have to wait months to see the end result....I like the fact you did the swap first and then posted the build thread. Nice work. The S15 front is cool but that bumper that it had was WEAK SAUCE!!! Now a kouki front end is the way to go because you really cant go wrong with it.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:23 PM   #58
sirhc
Leaky Injector

sirhc will become famous soon enoughsirhc will become famous soon enoughsirhc will become famous soon enoughsirhc will become famous soon enough
Nice car, you should do a kouki front.
sirhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:10 PM   #59
tysoNgoduMb
Zilvia Junkie

tysoNgoduMb is close to perfectiontysoNgoduMb is close to perfectiontysoNgoduMb is close to perfectiontysoNgoduMb is close to perfectiontysoNgoduMb is close to perfectiontysoNgoduMb is close to perfectiontysoNgoduMb is close to perfectiontysoNgoduMb is close to perfectiontysoNgoduMb is close to perfectiontysoNgoduMb is close to perfectiontysoNgoduMb is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to tysoNgoduMb
damn BALLiN!!!! lookin good.

tysoNgoduMb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:34 PM   #60
dirtdiggler666
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
dirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
the people saying stay zenki or kouki are just trying to help you out not hateing at all you will thank us later. but with that said the s14 came with zenki and kouki fronts not s15. to me its kind of like putting a integra front on a civic. but like i said its your car have fun with it and it looks rad.

but rember sometimes less is more