Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-21-2008, 07:20 AM   #61
Acidz
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Acidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
the s15 front end is dirty and with the front bumper below it looks even better not a crazy fan of the s15 front without the kit

Acidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2008, 07:29 AM   #62
Acidz
Zilvia Member

Acidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the rough
EVERYONE HATES ME BECUASE OF THE S15 FRONT BUT WHATEVER UPDATES!!! LOL

just got in my s15 carbon hood last week & just ordered my s15 headlgihts [Should be here in 1-2weeks]

now lookin for fenders

Selling my S14 front end without the fenders since im making my fenders for the converion in metal
Old 01-21-2008, 09:16 AM   #63
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14unimog
the install looks great man, good job. I bet that torque feels nice!

A+ for you sir!

SHIFTlock_slide to side

d3m3rs0n: if i have a baby im naming it Brandons Fault Emerson
s14unimog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:31 AM   #64
MunsonAuto
Zilvia Member

MunsonAuto will become famous soon enoughMunsonAuto will become famous soon enoughMunsonAuto will become famous soon enoughMunsonAuto will become famous soon enoughMunsonAuto will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to MunsonAuto
Great swap bro, super clean and excellent parts! Doesn't look like you spared any expense, I think the car will look pretty good with the carbon and s15 setup, plus its your car and your money so do with it what you will.

Great pics too!
Old 01-21-2008, 09:37 AM   #65
Acidz
Zilvia Member

lol ya that car feels great! even thou i only got to drive it 2 times!!! this season i hope to get a lot more seat time for sure!

CAN'T WAIT
Old 01-21-2008, 10:06 AM   #66
G240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
G240 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Acidz, do you have 20MM spacers on the front AND back?
G240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:41 AM   #67
hijack3d
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
hijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Very cool. And a +1 for doing what you want... What's next after the S15 front end?

Don't worry, it's legit: Review (Thanks Mike)
hijack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:59 AM   #68
300hp owen
Zilvia Junkie

300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future
shoulda left the zenki front end on, it was perfect as-is. if you felt the need to change it up the kouki is hard to beat, its so unique and has great lines. I dont like the s15 front end it seems too much like garbage bodykit bullsh!t junk fitting and bodyshops love to bill you, hey some people go S15 front just for the fun of throwing money away, you said it yourself, "S15 is baller", pffffffffffffffff weak. I'd rather see a VertexRidgeWideBodyKit on your zenki S14 and hey whaddya know someone on here has one for sale, shoulda done that, its such a sick setup and you can go wiiiiiiiiiiiide.

love your wheel choice and cleanliness of the swap, very nice. props on getting it done asap and posting good pics, rock on!
Old 01-21-2008, 10:59 AM   #69
Acidz
Zilvia Member

workin on gettin a single turbo also...
Old 01-21-2008, 11:57 AM   #70
Deftec
Zilvia Junkie

Deftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-known
I've been following this build up on Tech2...You have no idea how jealous I am of your car!!!! I'm gonna shoot to have mine in the car and running by April as soon as I pay off my debts(next paycheck will clear me woot!!!!)

Clean car man, Let us know when you get some faster times, I've heard they push 12's easy in S-Chassis.
Deftec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:29 PM   #71
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
It's nice to see a real build thread. Too often people create a "build" thread just to show that they got wheels and coilovers. Pics are too small though, they should be 800x600 at least.

I too am going to join the chorus of people and advise against s15 conversion. I can't stand s14.5's. In my opinion, it is one of the worst looking conversions done on s-chassis' (only one I think looks worse is s14 zenki on s13).

Otherwise, great looking car.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:00 PM   #72
Acidz
Zilvia Member

WHy do all of u gotta break my balls!!! LOL

Trust me i love the s14 kouki front end but only way i could do it is if someone buys my s15 carbon hood!!! lol and if not then im going with s15
Old 01-21-2008, 03:09 PM   #73
Acidz
Zilvia Member

BAH!!! whatever zilvia is making me crazy!!! lol

Last edited by Acidz; 01-21-2008 at 03:39 PM..
Old 01-21-2008, 03:39 PM   #74
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
instead of a conversion, I think you should get FK lenses for the zenki. they look awesome.

edit:

know i've seen better pics of this car a few years ago, but can't find them now.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:41 PM   #75
Acidz
Zilvia Member

How about F the conversion and just go single and make my 700+rwhp i want LOL
Old 01-21-2008, 03:41 PM   #76
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

SlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond repute
I personally like the Kouki fronts, I have never seen a gold one before and that would look sweet
SlideAlliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 05:59 PM   #77
Deftec
Zilvia Junkie

Deftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-known
Where do you get those lenses from?

And Acidz...do what you will like to the car, and put on it what makes YOU happy. There will be some that love it, and others that hate it. Doesn't matter which way you go. If you do the 15 front, make it clean as you've done with the rest of the build.
Deftec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 07:36 PM   #78
jyon9689
Leaky Injector

jyon9689 is making a name for him/her selfjyon9689 is making a name for him/her selfjyon9689 is making a name for him/her self
To pull off the S15 (which can look baller on on an S14) It takes quality bodywork, real fly wheel/tire fitment, and in (my opinion) some more width in the rear via overfenders. You mentioned you were going with metal fenders for the conversion, so it sounds like you're on the right track in the bodywork department. If the conversion is what you want, don't let people on the forum change your mind, and don't half ass it! I can't wait to see how this thing turns out.
jyon9689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 07:52 PM   #79
Acidz
Zilvia Member

ya well im doing metal up front + on the rear im gonna get them to cut out my 1/4 and make that wider bigger then 50mm as i wanna get a 335 tire under my rear end if i can. Now i need a wider rim so looks like im going to have to part with my rims soon i will prob buy the same ones just wider still 9" front but 11" rear or just gonna change to VS XX rims
Old 01-21-2008, 09:06 PM   #80
Addicted2Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
Addicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdiggler666 View Post
the people saying stay zenki or kouki are just trying to help you out not hateing at all you will thank us later. but with that said the s14 came with zenki and kouki fronts not s15. to me its kind of like putting a integra front on a civic. but like i said its your car have fun with it and it looks rad.

but rember sometimes less is more
+1 i completely agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
the s15 front end is dirty and with the front bumper below it looks even better not a crazy fan of the s15 front without the kit
---PICTURE---
That would be an S15 kit on an S15, pay attention to the body lines on the rear quarter panel and follow them all the way to the front.
It flows together.

The S14 would lack this because of its streamline, clean body lines.

But hey to everyone their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreansurfer View Post
zenki's are for poors and lames

with the exception of norm who is big ballin
FS:CUSCO,GREDDY,KA-Tparts
Addicted2Kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:51 PM   #81
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
i'm not 100% against S15 front on S14 just because the lines are really similar...

plus, light output is going to be 1000x better on S15 lights...especially if they're the HID's

either way...2JZ S14 rocks my world

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
not"let's make our car look like a pile of shit and dead babies"
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:20 AM   #82
r2rs

r2rs is an unknown quantity at this point
car looks badass, i'm with alot of people on here in the fact that you should keep the s14 front end, but if done right the s15 front will look killer. good luck trying to get traction with the single turbo
r2rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:40 AM   #83
300hp owen
Zilvia Junkie

300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future
you should order up some super wide CCW wheels, so slick, even try them painted to match your cars color but leave the lips polished.

kinda like this -
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s14 crazy wide.jpg (48.3 KB, 112 views)
Old 01-22-2008, 05:27 PM   #84
Acidz
Zilvia Member

Who wants my wheels & tires??

i need new rims!!! wider that is
Old 01-22-2008, 05:33 PM   #85
LongGrain
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
thats cool that you work on your car with your dad

my dad thinks working on cars is stupid. he keeps telling me that all the money and work i put into my car is worthless and that just i'm ruining a car that used to be really nice lol.
LongGrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:15 PM   #86
Acidz
Zilvia Member

i feel ur pain LOL my mom is the same way LOL
Old 01-22-2008, 08:02 PM   #87
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
NOW BOYS AND GIRLS..>THIS IS HOW YOU DO A CAR BUILD UP THREAD!!!

Not one of those oh I just bought my car and I cut the springs on them so its slaaaammmed....

Anyways, good job taking pictures and putting it together...

PS: fuck a conversion front end, be original and just redo the headlights:

custom zenki headlights w/ TSX HIDs retrofitted with clear lenses FTW!!!

PS: You want to be original???
180sx flip ups on an S14.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:25 AM   #88
300hp owen
Zilvia Junkie

/\/\/\/\ that car is 1000% slamming hard, dope as fawk, super nice nice.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:08 AM   #89
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Great build thread. First I was excited that everyone else saw the same thing I did (great thread, until the S15 conversion part), but now I just think that everyone's gonna build S14's like mine! (Build thread coming after I get the car back from Mike @ iDesigns).

Love the Brembo GT brakes, love the Volks (even though they're in way conservative offsets), and of course I love the 350whp @ 10 psi. Looks like you've got a non-VVTI engine, but you've got the signature VVTI power dip lol... sucks - good luck gettin it tuned out.

Now Sasha had a BANGIN S14...

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:57 AM   #90
Acidz
Zilvia Member

that wasnt really a dyno run it was setup to show the 1/4 miles times so its not a power dip its when the guy let off @ the 1/4 mile [simulated 1/4 mile]