Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

View Poll Results: How ready would you be to swap in a VQ if more information was public, and cheap kits
I would sell my (SR, RB, KA-T) to make it happen ASAP 49 32.03%
I would wait till the economy starts to rise again 17 11.11%
I would weigh the costs vs the risks of having an illegal motor 18 11.76%
I still would not care about swapping a VQ 40 26.14%
I plan on getting a VQ powered car anyways 29 18.95%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2009, 08:03 PM   #121
unlegendary
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
unlegendary is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
when i was typing "look him up!" i was assuming that people would use the zilvia search engine lol.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:38 AM   #122
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
SinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Found this:
VQ35 ECU Rom Tunes / Anti Theft (Key Code) Removal - FreshAlloy.com Forums

Seems to be the answer to all of the wiring/anti theft problems.... That is if this guy can do what he says he can do. Already sent him a PM to reprogram mine for turbo.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:34 PM   #123
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Wow, that sounds great! Keep us posted

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 05:36 PM   #124
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
FUCK YES! wait... I'm probably still screwed I bet he can do it only to 04 maximas and 03 350z and newer. that seems to be the going trend.
Old 05-30-2009, 05:54 PM   #125
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

SinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
FUCK YES! wait... I'm probably still screwed I bet he can do it only to 04 maximas and 03 350z and newer. that seems to be the going trend.
Im sure he can do the 02 ones why not?
Old 05-30-2009, 06:08 PM   #126
irax
Post Whore!

irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
maybe, if techno square can than I'm pretty sure anyone can. UpRev does not support 02/03 maxima ecu's nor does JWT(other than just a basic tune)
Old 05-30-2009, 09:52 PM   #127
95 maxima se
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
95 maxima se is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
im keeping an eye on this, ill be buying this kit soon
95 maxima se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 09:59 PM   #128
95 maxima se
Zilvia Member

you can used the turbo xs UTEc with the 02/03 maxima ecu too
Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
maybe, if techno square can than I'm pretty sure anyone can. UpRev does not support 02/03 maxima ecu's nor does JWT(other than just a basic tune)
95 maxima se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 12:28 AM   #129
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 maxima se View Post
you can used the turbo xs UTEc with the 02/03 maxima ecu too
UTEC is a piggyback not a ECU flash. It won't deal with the NATS.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:01 PM   #130
unlegendary
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterSntra91 View Post
Found this:
VQ35 ECU Rom Tunes / Anti Theft (Key Code) Removal - FreshAlloy.com Forums

Seems to be the answer to all of the wiring/anti theft problems.... That is if this guy can do what he says he can do. Already sent him a PM to reprogram mine for turbo.
anyone question or approve of his credentials yet?
Old 05-31-2009, 09:09 PM   #131
Homer_Simpson
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Homer_Simpson is on the path to ruinHomer_Simpson is on the path to ruinHomer_Simpson is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlegendary View Post
I've never dealt with him but he has been around for a while on FA. From his previous posts over the years, the guys is very knowledgeable.
Homer_Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 10:43 PM   #132
irax
Post Whore!

He is from XAT racing... if that has any credibility to it.

Personally I'm willing to give it a shot just as long as it is what he says it is then it doesn't matter.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:04 PM   #133
wgJoY
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
wgJoY is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wgJoY
I'm keeping an eye on this.
wgJoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:18 AM   #134
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
This thread needs more cowbell!

Quick chat with Bardabe at the BBQ meet (btw great meeting you bro) was insightful. Hoping he gets what he's asking for done so that we can get the ball rolling on this great project.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:14 PM   #135
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlegendary View Post
Well I am negotiating with him now, unfortunately if I do have him do the reprogram it will be awhile before I can credit him as my car is nowhere near completion if all goes well so someone else may have to take the plunge before me and give a review.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:51 PM   #136
irax
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin xat
Quote:
Originally Posted by irax
blah blah blah 02 maxima ecu blah blah blah
sorry.. That is not an ecu supported by the program i use.

ffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccc cccccccccccccckkkkk

figures as much....
Old 06-03-2009, 09:40 PM   #137
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Damn Ib, that sucks. Are you limited to that ECU because you went VQ30? I assume a VQ35 car would have a different harness/more expense?

www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 06-03-2009, 10:18 PM   #138
95 maxima se
Zilvia Member

irax i think your in maxima.org right? im really confused now lol. ok here goes, theres lots of 4gen maxima with vq35 swap, so if i buy your kit+FWD vq+z33tran, i can use a 4th gen ECu right and wiring harness or am i wrong? well thats what ive read in the org. let me know because soon ill be buying ur kit but i have more questions
Old 06-03-2009, 10:28 PM   #139
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 maxima se View Post
irax i think your in maxima.org right? im really confused now lol. ok here goes, theres lots of 4gen maxima with vq35 swap, so if i buy your kit+FWD vq+z33tran, i can use a 4th gen ECu right and wiring harness or am i wrong? well thats what ive read in the org. let me know because soon ill be buying ur kit but i have more questions
Yup, that sounds about right. The harness matches the ECU. Worst case, your lower harness tranny plug wouldn't match up (RWD vs FWD) and you'd have to splice in a couple wires, no biggie.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:49 PM   #140
irax
Post Whore!

the problem lies with the 5.5gen ecu. it is an easier ecu to wire up than the 6th gen maxima ecu. in that there is no can lines for 6mt ecu. and unlike the 7thgen you don't need IPDM like the 350z's either.. so basically all you need to wire up is the bmc,nats and everything else should be fine. i don't know why i'm complaining i know for a fact that technosquare can manipulate the 5.5gen ecu for what i want. but it still requires the bcm and nats to function. Atleast I can still tune it.

my swap is a 2003 maxima block using a 2002(5.5gen) maxima ecu.

4th and 5th gen maximas are vq30de-k
5.5 gen and on maximas are vq35de

if you want a super easy vq35de swap.. swap over the vq30de-k timing components and call up JWT about tuning a 3.0 ecu to run a 3.5 with correct valve timing and everything. I have the wiring diagram that JWT uses for the 3.0 ecu's and its very simple. The reason I am not going with a 3.0 ecu/timing is that I want to smog the car. Why don't I go with 350z ecu? i don't know I probably will when the car runs later on since those ecu's can pretty much be tuned like standalones now.

and by wire up bcm/nats i mean plug it into the harness and give it correct power source
Old 06-04-2009, 05:57 AM   #141
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

Why would you do this when the guy said he can eliminate all the need for a BCM, NATs etc...?
Old 06-04-2009, 07:39 AM   #142
irax
Post Whore!

he can not do this on all vq ecu's

i think he's just using the uprev software

I THINK

if i am correct then he can only work on 05 350z ecus and newer
and 04 maxima ecu's
Old 06-04-2009, 09:49 AM   #143
rb25crazy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (14)
rb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
that's still a great thing no? those motorsets will come down in price and are better no? lol that's what he says at least. i havent really seen any 05+ motorsets though for cheap they are like 2.5k or more lol....
rb25crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:31 AM   #144
95 maxima se
Zilvia Member

well im getting a sick deal real JDM VQ30DET, does anyone know if you can bolt a z33 on a jdm VQ-T motor? i know ive seen vq30 bolt on to a z33 trans
Old 06-04-2009, 01:37 PM   #145
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
yeah z33 trans will bolt to vq30det

where did you get the engine from?
Old 06-04-2009, 02:27 PM   #146
95 maxima se
Zilvia Member

from this guy on another forums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
yeah z33 trans will bolt to vq30det

where did you get the engine from?
Old 06-04-2009, 03:37 PM   #147
irax
Post Whore!

yeah you can bolt on the z33 trans to that vq30det and you can use a US 96 maxima ecu to wire it up too.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:43 PM   #148
95 maxima se
Zilvia Member

sweet thanx bro ill be buying the motor soon then by the z33 trans and then ill be buying for kit
Old 06-04-2009, 04:01 PM   #149
irax
Post Whore!

np, let me know when your ready.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:05 PM   #150
unlegendary
Zilvia Addict

i PM'd that martin guy if such deletions are illegal in california, i'm still waiting for an answer but i wanna see if anyone knows on here.