Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 11:55 AM   #1
Chernobyl
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
Chernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Sil80 out of style now?

You just don't see many sil80's anymore. What gives? Seems like around 2004-2005 everyone with an S13 was building one. Must have been a trend at the time?

Post some 2009 sil80's if you are building one.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2009, 12:00 PM   #2
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
no.... thread/death
Old 11-21-2009, 12:01 PM   #3
NMs14.5kouki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (38)
NMs14.5kouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
maybe people realized they dont look all that good. imo at least, i like type x hatches a lot better. i would like to see some hot sil80's tho
Old 11-21-2009, 12:01 PM   #4
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Trader Rating: (0)
ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You're mistaken.

They were NEVER in style.

An original Kid's Heart Sileighty might be cool, but even that is pushing it.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:02 PM   #5
Chernobyl
Zilvia FREAK!

Chernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
You're mistaken.

An original Kid's Heart Sileighty might be cool, but even that is pushing it.
Well, that's just like... your opinion, man.

They were definitely more popular a couple years ago than they are now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMs14.5kouki View Post
maybe people realized they dont look all that good. imo at least, i like type x hatches a lot better. i would like to see some hot sil80's tho
I agree they never looked very good. Maybe now that kouki hatch stuff is more available and cheaper, nobody bothers with the silvia front end.

Kouki hatches are definitely "in style" now.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:16 PM   #6
sileighty83
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
sileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sileighty83
Sileightys are always in style. I had both 180sx pop up and now sil80. Thing is people miss match colored parts or never add aero so it looks shitty.

my contribution

Old 11-21-2009, 12:19 PM   #7
YoungGun
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
YoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post

msglenth .
Old 11-21-2009, 12:20 PM   #8
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

ZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the rough
i think the reason is because the people that thought it looked cool have all bought coupes now and moved the stuff over.

hatch- flipups
coupe-silfront
Old 11-21-2009, 12:29 PM   #9
sacco sideways
BANNED

sacco sideways is an unknown quantity at this point
SILEIGHTYS and CHEVY FTW !!!

Old 11-21-2009, 12:52 PM   #10
KansaiDrifter
Zilvia Addict

KansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud of
^^ haha chevy+sil80=mine lol, she's a beast with a LS1 heart

Evergreen Speedway's 5/8th's bank

Old 11-21-2009, 12:59 PM   #11
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacco sideways View Post
Wow... That looks like a burning pile of dicks.

Sil80s suck.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:59 PM   #12
jspecusa
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (7)
jspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jspecusa
From "ThatGuy"
square + rounded =

square + square =

round + round =

Sil80 is the ugliest S chasis option
Old 11-21-2009, 12:59 PM   #13
sacco sideways
BANNED

sick i want a sileighty with my chevy motor in it lol
Old 11-21-2009, 01:01 PM   #14
sacco sideways
BANNED

your life probably sucks too
Old 11-21-2009, 01:01 PM   #15
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
show me an OEM sil-80
Old 11-21-2009, 01:02 PM   #16
Propaganda
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
Propaganda will become famous soon enoughPropaganda will become famous soon enoughPropaganda will become famous soon enoughPropaganda will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZilviaKid View Post
i think the reason is because the people that thought it looked cool have all bought coupes now and moved the stuff over.
That's what I did ..

Coupes are the shit anyways..
Old 11-21-2009, 01:10 PM   #17
Chernobyl
Zilvia FREAK!

This thread is going exactly as I predicted. People either love the sil80 or they hate it.

Good ol' zilvia.
Old 11-21-2009, 01:11 PM   #18
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
ROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
leave the fastback the way it comes. they sick

TRUE thing: True ////OFFSET\\\\ is acheived without spacers
Running on E85 570whp Precision 5862....laggy as fuck. hate it
Old 11-21-2009, 01:25 PM   #19
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Sil80 is ugly.

It was cool when it first made it's way to America, because it was "cool & different"

Now it's old and mismatched and ugly, but it doesn't matter because there are enough mismatched and ugly cars on Zilvia to begin with.

I'm not gonna explain the history behind it.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
Old 11-21-2009, 01:29 PM   #20
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i think the sileighty's posted in this thread so far pretty much sum up why they suck.
Old 11-21-2009, 01:44 PM   #21
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
you know what i miss?

when a dumped fastback with a seafoam silvia front end on mismatched teardrops and SEs was the fucking JAM!

when everything was fun.

for this reason i miss Sil-eightys. (but thats probably the only reason).
Old 11-21-2009, 01:50 PM   #22
sacco sideways
BANNED

everyone has there own opinion, sure you may think they look ugly but thats you own opinion.
Old 11-21-2009, 01:54 PM   #23
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Sil80's are on of those trends where someone somewhere built an alright looking one, and then everyone else thought that putting a Silvia front on their fastback would make it look just as alright.
Old 11-21-2009, 01:58 PM   #24
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
just like the OEM kouki aero fastback thing going on right now.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:01 PM   #25
sacco sideways
BANNED

damn zilvia is so neative i bet half of your guy's 240s dont even run haha
Old 11-21-2009, 02:02 PM   #26
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
^negative

To each their own, not my personal flavor of tea.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:03 PM   #27
Impact Black
Zilvia Junkie

Impact Black is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm currently in the process of putting mine together.
Yes its mismatched right now, but it is going to paint and body soon, as well as the kit.

Should be finished come March

Old 11-21-2009, 02:07 PM   #28
Impact Black
Zilvia Junkie

Impact Black is an unknown quantity at this point
This is a guy in TX. Sick car! I was going to do this paint job, until I saw he did it. Only diff was I was going to use the actual Kawasaki candy plasma blue paint, which is a flat candy blue.

Old 11-21-2009, 02:19 PM   #29
Ceepo
Nissanaholic!

Ceepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enough
^ ugly ugly ugly ugly!!! silvia frontends are only allowed on coupes!!! s13 hatch should only stay pop up nothing else, no s14 front or s15 front just pop up...
Old 11-21-2009, 02:23 PM   #30
sacco sideways
BANNED

^^dont you get it fool ? its your own opinion i think everyone is here to see some sileightys not get overloaded with people bashing on them. we understand all of you think there ugly we have heard it enough so STFU already damn !
Closed Thread