Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 09:58 PM   #91
DriftReady_S14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (17)
DriftReady_S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
I haven't been in the Nissan S-Chassis all that long but I've been around long enough in the car modification scene to know and see that not everyone is good or have an eye for exterior modifications. I've bashed on peoples cars but not out load because what doesn't do it for me might be the exact opposite for the person who owns that car but like mentioned in the above replies, it is everyone elses individual opinion.

Personally, I do not like Sil80's but someone out there can build a really clean one and that person built it because that works for them.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2009, 10:31 PM   #92
Chernobyl
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
Chernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
What an overwhelmingly negative response!

I like the "anti-sileighty nazis" the best. "It should NEVER be done"...

Thread is still going just like I expected.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:34 PM   #93
g-via
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
g-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chernobyl View Post

Thread is still going just like I expected.
almost how i pictured it

i'm waiting for haters to start posting pictures of ricey/shitty sil80s so they can hate somemore
Old 11-21-2009, 10:39 PM   #94
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to LB.Motoring
I never thought sil80's looked good or had any style. No flow whatsoever. So yes I hope they are.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:46 PM   #95
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I love how this thread is a collection of the ugliest cars ever made with the exception of one, Danny's. He actually pulled it off.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:47 PM   #96
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by piranhamatt View Post
Here's a local coupe that's for sale. I love this car.

I know it's not a sil-80, but if I saw more sil-80's done this well, I would like them a lot more.

old FA guys might remember this one
Old 11-21-2009, 10:47 PM   #97
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Flybert rules #1.

That is all.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:59 PM   #98
piranhamatt
Zilvia Junkie

piranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
old FA guys might remember this one

That's the kind of car I'm talking about. It looks great!
Old 11-21-2009, 11:08 PM   #99
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Danny's is cool.

beyond that...

POOP.
Agreed. The lines just don't flow well. I swear, if you put a pop-up front on any one of those sileighties people have posted up, they would looks a ton better.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:13 PM   #100
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
I've seen a only few that look decent
but none as dope as this

but seriously, 99% of them look like ass
Old 11-21-2009, 11:14 PM   #101
udon!
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
udon! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-via View Post
s13.4b on a coupe right?

because s13.4b on a hatch....

i guess it's a matter of opinion. I'm not about to blatantly say it's ugly and it shouldn't be done because I don't like it.

I like dem s13.4 zenki's tho

on coupes it looks R32ish
^

NO.

zenki looks like shit on fastbacks.

this.

Old 11-21-2009, 11:18 PM   #102
articdragon192
Post Whore!

articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
Again, sharp lines with curvy rear. Doesn't work. That kouki front belongs on a coupe. The zenki front, belongs on only an S14, lol

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:19 PM   #103
rob22
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (50)
rob22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
sil80=ugly.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:23 PM   #104
hybrid_eg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
hybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I just love my ugly ass sileighty! I wasnt going to massacre into full type-x just to hope it would possibly cool better.. so that poop had to go to make room for Sil RAM-air front :-)
Old 11-21-2009, 11:35 PM   #105
DataXUnknown
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (30)
DataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
So many people are like "OMG FUCK SIL80 THEY SO UGLY I HATE THEM THEY DON't FLOW GO BLOW IT UP SO UGLY BLAH BLAH"

It honestly makes me annoyed. I think they look fine when done right. Although if any front end were to be changed on a hatch, I'd perfer a clean s14 kouki front.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:41 PM   #106
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by udon! View Post
^

NO.

this.

No kouki s14 front on Fastback lines are not right.

I will say it one more time s13.5 sil eighty lines flow right when its done right.

oh and my car, once the suspension is in back in and it dropped with the engine. It will be dope. Seriously anyone who says the lines are wrong or off on my car needs there eyes examined.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 11-21-2009, 11:58 PM   #107
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
wow dave i thought we where keeping your car a secret till we where done with it, let the leg humping begin.

Review Thread
Old 11-22-2009, 12:06 AM   #108
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
this one was done up a few years ago, if i recall it was a local car to me but i never seen it.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:08 AM   #109
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Shock Dave posted the car up. lol.

Hard to capture the color with a camera. Looks tits in person.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:10 AM   #110
jspecusa
Premium Member

jspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to jspecusa
ya I had to special order that Koffice front bumper.
I think the owner has a white MR2 turbo now.
wow that was like 2002 when I got that bumper.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:41 AM   #111
g-via
Zilvia FREAK!

g-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by udon! View Post
^

NO.

this.

^
NO.

lol

up to you i guess.

if all we are talking about are body lines, then zenki>kouki, since the argument seems to dwell over the rectangular headlights of a silvia.

and your point is moot
Old 11-22-2009, 01:02 AM   #112
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
To me, putting an S13 Silvia front on a fastback always seemed like spending a bunch of money to make your car look not better, and older.
And by older, I do not mean a nice classic/vintage old, I mean a 1989 Buick LeSabre kind of old. Then again, I know there are people who like the look of a 1989 Buick LeSabre, so to each their own.

On the other hand, I really like Levin fronts on Corollas, whether on a fastback or a coupe. Which shows it all depends on the design of the car.

Not counting 'Onevias' or S13 Silvias as conversions, the only S-chassis conversion I have ever liked are nicely done S14.5's. And by that I mean that I would drive one, but I would still never spend the money to do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp5juw4Rd2A
Old 11-22-2009, 01:38 AM   #113
derek_s13
Zilvia Addict

derek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to derek_s13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecusa View Post
square + rounded =

Sil80 is the ugliest S chasis option
Quote:
square + rounded =

Quote:
square + rounded =

Quote:
square + rounded =

Quote:
square + rounded =

Quote:
square + rounded =

yup. it's worse than onevia/prelude
Old 11-22-2009, 01:46 AM   #114
sileighty83
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
sileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sileighty83
So much hate but typical for zilvians...

Edgar- your one to talk, about not flowing with body lines.

S14.5 is ugly in my opinion. nothing says wanna be S15 then that.

I find it funny that most people that post hate on here have shitty ass cars themselves not all people but some. So don't get your panties in a bunch when some one does car building a different way then you like.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:03 AM   #115
g-via
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sileighty83 View Post

S14.5 is ugly in my opinion. nothing says wanna be S15 then that.
As far as body lines/length goes, S14.5 looks a lot better than any S13.5.

And onevia isn't even a conversion people...it CAME that way in some places
conversion is when you combine bodies that weren't together
Old 11-22-2009, 02:16 AM   #116
chetacheese
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (21)
chetacheese is a glorious beacon of lightchetacheese is a glorious beacon of lightchetacheese is a glorious beacon of lightchetacheese is a glorious beacon of lightchetacheese is a glorious beacon of lightchetacheese is a glorious beacon of lightchetacheese is a glorious beacon of lightchetacheese is a glorious beacon of lightchetacheese is a glorious beacon of lightchetacheese is a glorious beacon of lightchetacheese is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Send a message via AIM to chetacheese
opinions seem to consist of slight hostility. To each his own. I personally like the type-x style also. but if it was really thought over, gather a side view image of the pop-ups and the silvia front on a hatch. the front of the pop up fronts are flat compared to the rounded rear end of the hatch. but hey, your eyes are different than mine.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:17 AM   #117
derek_s13
Zilvia Addict

derek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to derek_s13
Quote:
conversion is when you combine bodies that weren't together
then explain the 2-point conversion
Old 11-22-2009, 02:31 AM   #118
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
As far as body lines/length goes, S14.5 looks a lot better than any S13.5.
Honestly I feel the opposite, but still can appreciate a decently done s14.5. LOL

Whatever you say is not going to change my opinion and I don't honestly expect to change your opinion.

I do happen to like the 180sx Kouki aero as well. Do I think its starting to get over jocked abit of late? Hell yes. It has turned into the new sil eighty thing.

Sil eighties were being jocked hard 5 years ago. Now Kouki aero is being jocked hard.

I happen to like my car, I showed it for the sake of showing how it can and does look right when done right.

At the same time I don't expect everyone to even be able to get it. Some people have an eye for stuff others don't. LOL

Zilvia is full of people that can't have a debate without thinking you hate or can't stand them. LOL

In the end some people like Chocolate some like Vanilla. Oh and this thread has veered off the main question. Is the Sil Eighty out of style now?

I would say to a certain extent because of the whole Kouki Aero thing yes.

That again is my opinion. It did not sway me from doing my car. I did my car because I wanted to. I did it right and yes I will say that because I did. I am picky that way.

Oh and I am sure someone will find a way to dis that as well. LOL

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 11-22-2009, 08:25 AM   #119
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
S14_Kouki can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
This thread just made me hate sil80's even more.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:35 AM   #120
Impact Black
Zilvia Junkie

Impact Black is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
I've seen a only few that look decent
but none as dope as this

but seriously, 99% of them look like ass
My motivation hint "Impact Black"