Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 09:48 AM   #121
randyjordan
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
randyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
fastbacks are better with popups

13 coupes are good with both popup and silvia front

zenki > kouki

sil80 is the worst combination for a s13, factory wise
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2009, 09:52 AM   #122
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
HAahahaha, there you go again with your race car "better cooling flow" and "40lb's lighter".

If you're figuring that way, it's also less aerodynamic because you have more frontal area. And since when do people care if their car is shorter?
I care if my car is shorter everytime I try to go up a driveway with my pop-up front. In case you haven't noticed I am building a racecar, but I am not going back to a silvia front. I found something better!

Quote:
No it's not personal preference. Sil80's are ugly. Period.
Yes it is personal preference and you sir are a douchebag...

Quote:
Kouki 180SX aero IS stock. Just on cars in Japan. Sil80's are the original Fanboi car "because that's what all the touge guys do in Japan!"
And that's the funny part. all you idiots are freaking trampling eachother to get your hands on STOCK AERO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by udon! View Post
too bad type X aero is fucking baller and pwns your face.

besides 95% of zilvia cant even afford type X shit.
First off, the vents in the kouki front bumper look like ass. Second, the way the sideskirts dip up in the middle and flare out is retarded. Third the kouki rear valence looks like ass because it's 3-piece and not very visually appealing beyond that. And don't even get me started on the dumbass looking wing. Also kouki aero is not type-x, it's just an option that any customer could order with any kouki 180sx. Oh, and BTW my Ikeya Formula full kit "pwns your face" so watch how you speak son...

All you little kouki fanboys don't like it much when someone bashes your precious stock aero do you? Funny thing is you douchebags are the ones bashing the sil-80 so hard. The difference is that I am willing to admit that my statement is an opinion, while all you idiots are too "cool" for that type of honesty.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:54 AM   #123
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impact Black View Post
My motivation hint "Impact Black"
Impact Black is/was already one of Benson's alias. So he's your motivation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:28 AM   #124
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
if you like Sileighty, your opinion is wrong.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:57 AM   #125
g-via
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
g-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Honestly I feel the opposite, but still can appreciate a decently done s14.5. LOL

Whatever you say is not going to change my opinion and I don't honestly expect to change your opinion.

I do happen to like the 180sx Kouki aero as well. Do I think its starting to get over jocked abit of late? Hell yes. It has turned into the new sil eighty thing.

Sil eighties were being jocked hard 5 years ago. Now Kouki aero is being jocked hard.

I happen to like my car, I showed it for the sake of showing how it can and does look right when done right.

At the same time I don't expect everyone to even be able to get it. Some people have an eye for stuff others don't. LOL

Zilvia is full of people that can't have a debate without thinking you hate or can't stand them. LOL

In the end some people like Chocolate some like Vanilla. Oh and this thread has veered off the main question. Is the Sil Eighty out of style now?

I would say to a certain extent because of the whole Kouki Aero thing yes.

That again is my opinion. It did not sway me from doing my car. I did my car because I wanted to. I did it right and yes I will say that because I did. I am picky that way.

Oh and I am sure someone will find a way to dis that as well. LOL

I love S13.5s, Silk Road's time attack car is one of my favourites. I can appreciate almost any conversion (even an R32 on a vert), if it's done to some degree of detail.

Conversions are a finicky thing, as in you are changing an engineer's design into something new, and making it look good. I remember back when their were no conversion fenders for some cars, and you had to weld/cut your own fenders. You had to have your entire car planned out before you started the conversion, and it relied heavily on your automotive/trade skills to produce a badass car. Some people had great cars, but most people didn't.

Now even with conversion fenders, and other stuff, people still find a way to make their converted S13/S14's look like a "a piling of burning dick" as someone put before.

The short story?

Anyone can make anything look like ass. Almost any conversion can look cool if the time is spent to make it look cool. Converted cars need to try harder to look better then OEM cars because they are stepping outside the lines.

Hell, I am pretty sure I've seen a 350Z front end on a hatch that looked decent, but then hated all the others.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:08 AM   #126
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-via View Post
I love S13.5s, Silk Road's time attack car is one of my favourites. I can appreciate almost any conversion (even an R32 on a vert), if it's done to some degree of detail.

Conversions are a finicky thing, as in you are changing an engineer's design into something new, and making it look good. I remember back when their were no conversion fenders for some cars, and you had to weld/cut your own fenders. You had to have your entire car planned out before you started the conversion, and it relied heavily on your automotive/trade skills to produce a badass car. Some people had great cars, but most people didn't.

Now even with conversion fenders, and other stuff, people still find a way to make their converted S13/S14's look like a "a piling of burning dick" as someone put before.
I won't deny that. In fact did someone say cut and weld?

Oh and opinions are like asses everyone has one and some are complete.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 11-22-2009, 11:33 AM   #127
racepar1
Post Whore!

racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
if you like Sileighty, your opinion is wrong.
Brian, everyone knows beter then to take you seriously. Besides if you like shiny, lighted, JDM trinkets you are wrong more...
Old 11-22-2009, 11:38 AM   #128
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Even I wont disgrace my car by putting a sil80 front on.
unless i go pickup.....................
Old 11-22-2009, 11:40 AM   #129
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
It's funny that the only people in here defending sil80s are the people that currently have a sil80, or have some sort of variation of sil80 in their name.

To debunk kouki aero as a dumb option for your car is childish at best.

OEM aero fits perfect. Is made of almost indestructable urethane and was designed by someone with a degree in automotive design. There are some parts of the kouki kit I don't like personally. But for the most part does two things well, makes the car look BETTER and will last a long time.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:40 AM   #130
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
that does not mean much coming from you Eric. LOL J/K

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 11-22-2009, 11:47 AM   #131
racepar1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Ummmm, Eric last time I saw your car it didn't even have a bumper on it! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
It's funny that the only people in here defending sil80s are the people that currently have a sil80, or have some sort of variation of sil80 in their name.

To debunk kouki aero as a dumb option for your car is childish at best.

OEM aero fits perfect. Is made of almost indestructable urethane and was designed by someone with a degree in automotive design. There are some parts of the kouki kit I don't like personally. But for the most part does two things well, makes the car look BETTER and will last a long time.
I do not have a silvia front anymore, I just do not see any of the visual problems with a sil-80 that people are claiming. I never have seen anything wrong with a sil-80 and I never will. I do see multiple things wrong with kouki aero though. Sorry Scott, kouki just turns me off. I have never liked it and never will. The fact that it is OE actually turns me off even more because there are a bajillion cars out there with the exact same aero. It's just boring and palyed out.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:19 PM   #132
ericcastro
Post Whore!

ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
that does not mean much coming from you Eric. LOL J/K
lol, I figured it would mean the most.
Since i am not real big on styling, have vinyl and beat the shit out of the car with no care.

But i still wouldn't go this far, lol.

Actually racepar, it does have s sil bumper on it at the moment. but still maintaining popups till i get a whole new kit.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:27 PM   #133
racepar1
Post Whore!

Quote:
lol, I figured it would mean the most.
Since i am not real big on styling, have vinyl and beat the shit out of the car with no care.

But i still wouldn't go this far, lol.

Actually racepar, it does have s sil bumper on it at the moment. but still maintaining popups till i get a whole new kit.
Now that I have my awesome aero I'll likely never go back to a silvia front either. Really I am just enjoying myself "kouki bashing" at this point! LOL!
Old 11-22-2009, 12:32 PM   #134
udon!
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
udon! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
I care if my car is shorter everytime I try to go up a driveway with my pop-up front. In case you haven't noticed I am building a racecar, but I am not going back to a silvia front. I found something better!

Yes it is personal preference and you sir are a douchebag...

And that's the funny part. all you idiots are freaking trampling eachother to get your hands on STOCK AERO!!!

First off, the vents in the kouki front bumper look like ass. Second, the way the sideskirts dip up in the middle and flare out is retarded. Third the kouki rear valence looks like ass because it's 3-piece and not very visually appealing beyond that. And don't even get me started on the dumbass looking wing. Also kouki aero is not type-x, it's just an option that any customer could order with any kouki 180sx. Oh, and BTW my Ikeya Formula full kit "pwns your face" so watch how you speak son...

All you little kouki fanboys don't like it much when someone bashes your precious stock aero do you? Funny thing is you douchebags are the ones bashing the sil-80 so hard. The difference is that I am willing to admit that my statement is an opinion, while all you idiots are too "cool" for that type of honesty.

i never bashed sil80.. did i?
Old 11-22-2009, 12:44 PM   #135
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Now that I have my awesome aero I'll likely never go back to a silvia front either. Really I am just enjoying myself "kouki bashing" at this point! LOL!

i'm sorry, but if ikeya formula is your idea of awesome, i can see why you would defend sileighty's. the only reason people jock that awful looking aero is because koguchi had it on his car a long time ago.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:05 PM   #136
udon!
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
udon! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
i'm sorry, but if ikeya formula is your idea of awesome, i can see why you would defend sileighty's. the only reason people jock that awful looking aero is because koguchi had it on his car a long time ago.

seriously. it makes s13 look big and blotchy like a boat.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:15 PM   #137
chituntang
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
chituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nice
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Pop-ups are so 80's for the whole world besides the US anyways, and if the Corvettes stop using pop-up headlights now, I think pop-ups are out of style now.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:36 PM   #138
Smurf_240SX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Smurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Smurf_240SX
I don't know, I much rather have bone stock 240 Oneivia than Sil80...

but
Old 11-22-2009, 01:57 PM   #139
kaking
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

kaking is making a name for him/her selfkaking is making a name for him/her self
Sil80's are ugly...why would you want your car round in the back and square in the front?
Old 11-22-2009, 02:10 PM   #140
racepar1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
Ikeya Formula is totally awesome. I'm sorry if I don't wanna run the stupid URAS/similar dumbfucktarded vacuum cleaner bodykits. They all look the same to me. Ikeya formula and yashio factory are my favorite aero kits ever and truthfully probably the only two kits in existence that I would buy as a fullkit. It also happens to be EXTREMELY functional. Once my splitter and ducting is in place I will have actual REAL downforce and LOTS of ventilation. Those things happen to be very important to me since my car is going to actually be fast and actually be used in competition. It's funny that you are accusing me of jocking Koguchi, but your SN is clearly hanging off Tanaguchi's nutsack. Can anyone say fanboy???

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaking View Post
Sil80's are ugly...why would you want your car round in the back and square in the front?
Umm, fastbacks ARE square in the back...

Last edited by racepar1; 11-22-2009 at 02:53 PM..
Old 11-22-2009, 02:13 PM   #141
Team DET
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
Team DET is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
how about this one
Old 11-22-2009, 02:30 PM   #142
sacco sideways
BANNED

sacco sideways is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
What an overwhelmingly negative response!

I like the "anti-sileighty nazis" the best. "It should NEVER be done"...

Thread is still going just like I expected.

no joke this thread is a fail i havnt been on for one day and there is 5 pages of nothing but people talking shit. this is a thread to post pictures up not bash on sil80's. most most of you dumbasses should even speak in this thread if you dont understand what a sil80 is, thats to you idiots that keep saying the sil80 front looks better on a coupe. its a silvia front on a coupe not sil80 front. idiots...
Old 11-22-2009, 02:32 PM   #143
sacco sideways
BANNED

sacco sideways is an unknown quantity at this point
and same thiing with everyone bashing on 13.5 14.5 etc BASHING IS NOT THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD
Old 11-22-2009, 02:55 PM   #144
racepar1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacco sideways View Post
thats to you idiots that keep saying the sil80 front looks better on a coupe. its a silvia front on a coupe not sil80 front. idiots...
Hahahahahaha, so true!!! I'll never understand the hate of sil-80's personally. They can look just as good, or just as bad, as any other 240sx.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:59 PM   #145
KansaiDrifter
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
KansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Here's the OEM Sileighty, from what I understand it's kind of like how the Saleen or Rousch Mustangs are made, they get a new car, then retrofit it at a second shop that's not Nissan to make the Sil80.

*Note the Side windows and rear center section of the tail lights say "SILEIGHTY" I want some! haha

and one of my favorite Sil80's of all time
Old 11-22-2009, 03:12 PM   #146
The Gray Ghost
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
The Gray Ghost has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gray Ghost has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gray Ghost has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gray Ghost has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gray Ghost has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gray Ghost has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gray Ghost has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gray Ghost has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gray Ghost has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gray Ghost has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gray Ghost has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Sil80

This is what I am working on.

Old 11-22-2009, 03:20 PM   #147
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Ikeya Formula is totally awesome. I'm sorry if I don't wanna run the stupid URAS/similar dumbfucktarded vacuum cleaner bodykits. They all look the same to me. Ikeya formula and yashio factory are my favorite aero kits ever and truthfully probably the only two kits in existence that I would buy as a fullkit. It also happens to be EXTREMELY functional. Once my splitter and ducting is in place I will have actual REAL downforce and LOTS of ventilation. Those things happen to be very important to me since my car is going to actually be fast and actually be used in competition. It's funny that you are accusing me of jocking Koguchi, but your SN is clearly hanging off Tanaguchi's nutsack. Can anyone say fanboy???
a few things:

1. yes, i am a fanboy. 2004 in the house.
2. a splitter and ducting can be added to any bumper, even no bumper.
3. it is a myth that functional and ugly go hand in hand.
4. how do you figure that because i think ikeya is bad, bell bottom is automatically good in my book?
5. sileighty looks like crap.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:28 PM   #148
msanchez
Zilvia Junkie

msanchez is an unknown quantity at this point
bandwagon..
msg length.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:33 PM   #149
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
hating the sileighty is kind of a bandwagon recently.

i personally have always loved the S15 face fastbacks.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:21 PM   #150
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by udon! View Post
i never bashed sil80.. did i?
You bash everything that is not Kouki aero and you jock Brians nuts like all the time.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Closed Thread