Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-23-2010, 01:54 AM   #121
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
I think I want to move to Washington now.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:45 AM   #122
chwks13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
chwks13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How are the hockey puck mounts holding up?

You're giving me good inspiration for my 1JZ into FC swap
chwks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 02:56 AM   #123
KansaiDrifter
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
KansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
haha yeah that track is awesome, it's been a good year since I've really driven and it's a new car, new engine, new track to me so I'm happy with the result haha. It's a track that makes you use every technique known to man. I was sore everywhere after that day. The awesome part is they have a practice day and a event day once a month through next year already planned so it's the new drifting "spot" for the nw. Can't wait for my buddy to get track time down there so we can start some tandem action haha.

Yeah the hockey pucks are doing great, they'll more then likely outlast the car haha. A 1jz fc sounds awesome, love the jz series of engines. Post a build thread when you do it haha
KansaiDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:46 PM   #124
97240TB
Zilvia Junkie

97240TB is an unknown quantity at this point
Now you just need to spend ludicrous money on wheels and you'll be set. Some VS-KF's Would be rad, Shame the car isn't one color. Not a big fan of the green black treatment, How did the power feel on such a small track?
Old 10-23-2010, 12:57 PM   #125
KansaiDrifter
Zilvia Addict

KansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud of
Haha yeah I'll be into getting better wheels once I sell my big brake kit and old wheels off my s14. These are hopefully just the drift spares for later.

The power was great, it was really responsive and had enough torque to dig out of tight corners in 3rd. It would benefit from a touch more top end, maybe a set of cams but that's also something that could be adjusted by suspension/tire settings. In that vid I only used s14 se rims and I'm happy with them, they're cheap lol. Still on a budget haha.
Old 10-23-2010, 01:10 PM   #126
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Car looks sick man, especially sideways.

A little lower and some spacers would be awesome!

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:23 PM   #127
Michael Nolan
Leaky Injector

Michael Nolan is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Michael Nolan
Not a fan of the vq, but cool build nonetheless.
Michael Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 03:53 PM   #128
97240TB
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Nolan View Post
Not a fan of the vq, but cool build nonetheless.

Good thing no one cares about what you like....
Old 10-24-2010, 05:36 PM   #129
jzepol1985
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
jzepol1985 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97240TB View Post
Good thing no one cares about what you like....

hahahahaha

If I ever make a sig this will be it.
jzepol1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 06:43 PM   #130
franklin93zx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
franklin93zx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Car looks sick man, especially sideways.

A LOT MOAR LOW and some spacers would be awesome!
fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzepol1985 View Post
hahahahaha

If I ever make a sig this will be it.
then why don't you make one?
franklin93zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:53 PM   #131
KansaiDrifter
Zilvia Addict

Yeah to each their own, I think in a little bit the vq will make it's mark in the 240's swap market. They're becoming more and more affordable and finally there's places to do wiring and ecu reflashes. I love the sound of the vq mostly, that and it makes good power bone stock and is light as hell lol.

Every now and then I'll think about going a little lower but I'm sticking with Function>Form. My suspension is in the ok zone for bumpsteer and geometry so I'll leave it alone. It rails and drifts great and I can still go over speed bumps without cringing or closing the sphincter hard haha It's also nice that my steering clears and doesn't rub anything like wiring or whatnot. I might get spacers one day, but I'd have to get the longstud/slip on type since the rims are flat backed and don't work with like 20mm bolt ons. Oh well lol.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:26 AM   #132
Black240Ct
Zilvia Junkie

Black240Ct will become famous soon enoughBlack240Ct will become famous soon enoughBlack240Ct will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Black240Ct
that vid is pretty cool.. that track looks super fun
Black240Ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 03:37 PM   #133
pahaf
Zilvia Member

pahaf is an unknown quantity at this point
video looked awesome....im really liking your swap.
pahaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:53 AM   #134
KansaiDrifter
Zilvia Addict

Went for a little cruise today, figured out that I went about 92 miles overall, down to Seattle downtown and back and used right about 3 gallons and it comes out to 30.7 mpg, mixed city and highway and a little wangan haha. Pretty good I think, I guess I'll call it a hybrid lol

Here's a couple pics I snapped with my phone but still eye candy lol

Here's a famous spot in Seattle, Dick's drive in burgers, they're awesome and cheap, good stuff

downtown parking garage lol

Oh yeah I also picked up a set of SSR Formula Mesh 16x8 +26 for drift spares, I wanted 16's because tires are dirt cheap compared to 17/18. And I love the old school look and couldn't pass them up haha. I'll be on the look out for another pair hehe
Old 11-05-2010, 02:17 AM   #135
C-unit
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
C-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
is the clearance on the sway really close? I just realize my 32crossmember wont work since the mounting point is too forward compare to the S13 one. I'll probably need to get a 240sx crossmember.

Ps* what model tranny mount did you use??
C-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:21 PM   #136
KansaiDrifter
Zilvia Addict

Oh yeah the sway bar is close, I put an extra rubber on top and put a thin one on bottom of the lca's to angle it down and when it hits a bump it actually swings out of the way, but it's really close to the oil pan edge, I just bent that in a little bit. Yeah the 240/180 crossmember seemed to line right up.

Oh that was a automatic s14 mount and crossmember, but it seems like most others are the same. I used that one because I had it around haha.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:49 PM   #137
97240TB
Zilvia Junkie

I think as a daily driver, That's the biggest plus.... The MPG is amazing. I need to PM you actually have a question for you. Love the around town shots.
Old 11-06-2010, 04:09 PM   #138
KansaiDrifter
Zilvia Addict

Got your pm, tried my best haha. Yeah I like these engines a lot, if you added a cat convertor it would be really quiet for daily. Next thing I'll be doing is making some aluminium panels with sound deadening for the rear only because of road noise, the exhaust note is nice to me lol.

Another thought I've had is a aft turbo, I've got plenty of room where the muffle sits and a nice T3 or small T4 at 7-8psi would add 100rwhp from about 3300rpm through redline, based off of aft turbo z's that still have cats and emissions equipment. Might have a line on a free newer turbo so I might look into it haha.
Old 11-06-2010, 04:50 PM   #139
97240TB
Zilvia Junkie

Keep it NA! haha

There's some guys in canada who are making like 335 WHP on a NA DE motor!
Old 11-07-2010, 07:03 PM   #140
KansaiDrifter
Zilvia Addict

that's pretty good power, for now though it's staying na until atleast I can sell the brakes and wheels that I have laying around.

Small update though, added a short 45 bend to get the air filter away from the vent since it's rainy season again. It only affected it if say I parked outside, since I didn't drive out in bad weather it wasn't a issue but I'm guessing that streaks gonna end soon haha.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:03 PM   #141
97240TB
Zilvia Junkie

I doubt you feel like doing any kind of extreme fabrication to the intake plenum, but some people have been making the bend at the back of the Plenum less harsh. I've seen gains in the 15 to 25 whp range just from fabricating a less aggressive angle for it.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:15 PM   #142
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Yellow4g63

Quote:
Keep it NA! haha

are you talking about that race car with the stock rev-up motor?

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Yellow4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:37 PM   #143
holys14
Zilvia Member

holys14 is an unknown quantity at this point
coming out nice man i like your 350 motor idea in the coupe chasis. and forsure keep the bronze it goes good with the green paint
holys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:43 PM   #144
Slikk Logic
Leaky Injector

Slikk Logic is an unknown quantity at this point
this is a dope build thread.props.gl with it
Old 11-12-2010, 01:21 AM   #145
chwks13
Leaky Injector

chwks13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Keep it NA! haha

That's because it's so cold here, the IAT's double the power. Haha

Kidding.

But it is cold.
chwks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 01:19 AM   #146
97240TB
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow4g63 View Post
are you talking about that race car with the stock rev-up motor?

Yes, But the motor isn't stock anymore, After a like 1 and a 1/2 seasons they rebuilt engine, modified the intake plenum and made true longtube headers for it. It sounds amazing and it made great power.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:50 PM   #147
KansaiDrifter
Zilvia Addict

Oh man, long tubes on 350z's with full exhaust is like sex for your ears haha. If I get this new job I'm going for I'll be up for making some long tubes to start with haha.

Small update, I jacked the car up and was tinkering with settings, decided to try on those drift spares, 16x8 +1 with 25mm spacers, they'll work out nicely =) I like running 16"s for spares simply because at the junk yards 16" tires are like $5 lol

I also added a nice sticker for my buddy that I went to high school with's Bubble tea shop up here in Lynwood haha

Hoping to get another job put together so I can afford to go to the track more often but for now with the holidays and nothing selling it's stuck in the shop, atleast it's out of the bad weather.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:04 PM   #148
KansaiDrifter
Zilvia Addict

Here's a vid of a 350z with long tubes, oh man it's nice =D
YouTube - SG Motorsport Longtube Racecar Development
Old 12-06-2010, 06:13 PM   #149
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Yellow4g63
When ever I get around to this swap that's going to be my 1st mod for sure. How long are those 30"?

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Yellow4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:53 PM   #150
M11's
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
M11's is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
isnt this for sale now on nwn
M11's is offline   Reply With Quote