Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 08:56 AM   #1
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
What Happened?? Because Driftcar...Somewhere along the way we missed the point...

Discussion:

Drifting is getting more popular and that makes me happy. But it is also getting way to serious and losing what made it so cool, the style...and that makes me sad.

Somewhere along the way we forgot that above all things...cars are supposed to look cool. (No matter what you do with them)

The reason for this is...

1. If by chance you lose, you look cool doing so.
2. Women will bear children for you.
3. If someone missed the live event, the photo's of the event wont be gay.
4. I said so.
5. Your wife should handle well and have a good personality, but if she looks like regurgitated cole-slaw you would never procreate.

No care how fast it is or how awesome the yaw moment, or akerman of this vehicle. no one wants to watch it do anything but have a caravan dropped on it or maybe explode.

This goes out to beautiful slidy cars:

Old 07-21-2011, 09:05 AM   #2
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Subscribed for the truth.

Couldn't have said it any better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailandkill View Post
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Nothing says, 'I'm broke and still trying', like aftermarket steelies.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:11 AM   #3
c72c
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (25)
c72c is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
I've had the same discussion with a few others locally. I get laughed at for wanting our track car to look good. Even if we end up smashing it, you can bet I'd still be out there fixing it so it won't look that bad... others just see a track car as a beater.
To each their own.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:28 AM   #4
Driftius_Maximus

Trader Rating: (0)
Driftius_Maximus is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I agree. Let's keep drifting fun AND sexy!
Old 07-21-2011, 09:33 AM   #5
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Is it too late?

Most of the OG dudes are gone. I'm about done myself. The D1 split is proof $#!t just got way to real.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:38 AM   #6
c72c
Zilvia Addict

c72c is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
Is it too late?

Most of the OG dudes are gone. I'm about done myself. The D1 split is proof $#!t just got way to real.
Too late?
Think of it this way, the less other people are doing it, the more track time for you.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:42 AM   #7
kOOpA
Zilvia Junkie

kOOpA is an unknown quantity at this point
A large portion of drifting has gone from "Look what I can do with this cool looking car!" to "Look how much better I am than you, nevermind what my car looks like, 100% of my focus is performance".

You only have so much money, if you want to be Pokemon master, you probably just won't have time/money to make your car look cool, it'll be spent elsewhere.

Nothing wrong with either mindset, really, I think the two groups of people should just be more accepting of the other. I hate the idea of being looked down on because I don't care about doing competitions. To me, drifting is just skateboarding with a car, it's just doing cool shit with an object. In skateboarding, you NEVER see competitive dudes talking shit on street dudes; if anything, it's the other way around. I think in time, it will be the same way with drifting. Right now, there's just not a lot of room for those who just do it for the sake of having a cool looking car doing cool things. But we do need these more serious guys to pave the way to getting new venues. So it all works out in the end.

Just do your thing, disregard ugly cars, hahaha.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:51 AM   #8
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
I believe in this 100%. Every event I wash and wax my car before drifting it into the dirt. I only desire to drift in a super low car.

Btw, mad mikes fd was the most exciting drift car. I think was in 05 or 06 at irwindale, his car was ear drum ripping louuddd.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:55 AM   #9
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Do you guy's remember when people asked what you had/what you were into and you said 240sx, and they said ughhh what's that? or laughed cause it wasn't a Honda/Acura. now look at the "scene" all those people have these cars now and are the fanboys ruining these cars.

my .02 but cool pics.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:03 AM   #10
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Agree with most of what OB is saying
I don't practice it but I like drifting, or the idea of it
and I like clean cars
but don't necessarily care for fake parts, bell bottom kits, sparkle paint, or silly all over vinyl

what most of you consider a cool car
just looks cheap and gaudy to me
just my opinion
Old 07-21-2011, 10:09 AM   #11
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
You know, this brings me to another point.
When someone asks me what kinda car I drive and I tell them a 96 240sx, I almost feel embarassed, because no matter how much I love my car and will never seperate with it, I just hate the situation, because I know they think that my car is primered, has crappy wheels and sounds like shit, and has all kindsa cheap and crapy parts on it. It is even worse, if I am talking to another automotive enthusiast like the guys at the "cars and coffee" meet in Irvine, because they drive functional and baller ass cars, and I feel like people look down on drifters because of the guys that have zipties on everything, and leave them sticking out so you can see them, and they are bright neon colors. Sorry if this sounds like a rant, but it gets to me. Also, because of this alot of people think drifting is a joke, and that leads me to their follow up question, so you drift it? If most peopled cared about their car looking nicer, even if it was stock body, I think other people would respect it more. On another note, I don't give a damn, because I will love it and my car regardless of what other people thinking.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:19 AM   #12
94spitfire91
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
94spitfire91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
In America it seems like rules and guidelines are restricting a lot of people from having fun at a course one day. For me i would love to drift at a track for fun but i have been denied because my car does not have a proper roll cage that meets their standards so basically Im not happy with the over sensitive rules i have run into. I would love to see a more laid back car culture that is not too strict
Old 07-21-2011, 10:22 AM   #13
Mikey McFly
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Mikey McFly is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Is it too late?

Most of the OG dudes are gone. I'm about done myself. The D1 split is proof $#!t just got way to FAKE.
Fixed.

I hate how you can see car sponsored by all of these knock off brand and all that lame ish.
No one tunes their cars up as much as they did back in the day.
I liked the whole drifting scene where it used to be the shops in Japan battling it out to see who had the best tuned car and the most ballsy driver.
Its what I imagine jousting would have been like. Towns with big, bad ass, brolic horses with ballsy iron cladded guys charging at each other.
HKS vs. Greddy
Blitz vs. Apexi
Signal Auto vs. Top Secret

Those were some fun, sexy, exciting times.
All the cars were flashy.
Drivers pushed it for the fans and to rep their company.

My favorite of all the drift cars no matter what anyone thinks.
It was just one car, tuned for three different things. Drag, Circuit, and Drift.
It was sexy and it put out.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:29 AM   #14
Dustxking
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
Dustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
+10000 I think about this everyday.
Oh and i love how alot of those cars are right here in the NW!
Old 07-21-2011, 10:39 AM   #15
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
I was really hoping this thread would make it's way here from TST.

Definitely agree with you, OB. It's getting pathetic. :/
Old 07-21-2011, 10:40 AM   #16
TeamFRAT
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
TeamFRAT is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I think my biggest pet peeve is kind of what flicktitty was getting at. People IMMEDIATLY assume we have primered piles of shit.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:47 AM   #17
dat411kid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
dat411kid is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Agree with most of it....

I especially dislike the fact that you need 600HP to be competitive...It's making it harder for privateers to take part....Nowadays I feel like the definition of cool for many is a souped up American motor with ridiculous power...

GRASSROOTS>
Old 07-21-2011, 10:53 AM   #18
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by dat411kid View Post

GRASSROOTS>
I agree, Drifting has taken the "fun" and "anyone can do it" out of it.

Hell the first drift event i ever went to was the RS*R Drift day in Chicago in 2004

the "family" and fun. and the EXCITEMENT was crazy. and that was before the peak for drifting in the midwest.

i'm no where near active in the drifting community as i'm not a huge drift fan. but it's what helped and killed the 240sx scene in 1 large swoop.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:01 AM   #19
Lukasss
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
Lukasss is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I cant say that im really into drifting, or an elder member.
But i do respect the past, and what has happened, and what they did to make a small revolution..kinda.

It seemed like it was more of a lifestyle or hobby then.
now it seems like every kid with a Supreme hoody needs to be "hellaflush"

No offense to anyone that wears that stuff.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:06 AM   #20
redhatchy92
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
redhatchy92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
+999999999999999
Old 07-21-2011, 12:26 PM   #21
NickIsAZero
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (41)
NickIsAZero is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
I'm really just sick of the whole 240 = You're a drifter mindset... I don't own the nicest 240's, but damned if they're not atleast descent looking. It's rare to see one that doesn't have mix-matched body panels/rims. That's just emberassing and gives other enthusiasts a bad name I think. Don't get me started with crazy colored zip-ties busting out of every "drift scar" you got from backing out of your parents driveway with your welded diff hoppin all over the fucking place.

"What do you drive?"
If you're another 240 owner I'll tell you "a kouki" if you're not I'll say a "240".
The next thing they ask is... "So you're into drifting huh?"
NO! It's cool to watch, but it's not something I really care to do. I like to go fast through turns, not tear the fuck out of my tires and damage parts I've worked hard for. I'll go to the local 1/4mile every now & then, run an auto-x and checkout a drift event here & there.
"Oh so you're into GRIP racing then?"
WTF!?!?! Since when can you just not build a car to perform? Just because you have a RWD platform doesn't mean you're out to be the new DK. Do people ask Mustang, Miata & Firebird owners if they're only into drifting? Com'on...

I love seeing nicely done, extravagant track cars. I hate seeing busted up 240's rolling around, or even on the track that look like piles of shit. It's your car, take some pride in it. Atleast keep it looking descent. Stop spending money on stickers & Nardi wheels and buy a fucking bumper, maybe even drop some money and repaint the car one color. Do somethin!
Old 07-21-2011, 12:29 PM   #22
D.Bo
Zilvia Member

D.Bo is an unknown quantity at this point
everyone has a v8 now.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:32 PM   #23
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kOOpA View Post
"Look how much better I am than you, nevermind what my car looks like, 100% of my focus is performance".
Nail hit on the head right here.

A LOT of one upping going on.

Like this angle thing. It's gotten so out of control people are entering turns backwards.

So lame.

No ammount of Hot Version or Drift Tengoku is getting me excite anymore.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:50 PM   #24
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I can honestly say I don't think i've seen anywhere in this thread where I disagree with what anyone is saying. I enjoy watching drifting, but have no urge to do it with my own cars because I know I will end up breaking something eventually. But I can respect where everyone is coming from, especially with the whole fanboi crowd moving on in, I'm actually looking for another s/z-chassis in the near future and all I see in the for sale section is either piles of shit that have been ran so hard they'd have to pay me to take them or overpriced bone stock "Drift ready" chassis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:54 PM   #25
deolio
Post Whore!

deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Quote:
A LOT of one upping going on.

Like this angle thing. It's gotten so out of control
it's the american way.

backwards entries are sweet as long as it doesn't bring the car's speed down dramatically or change the line.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:55 PM   #26
the_boss
Zilvia Member

the_boss is an unknown quantity at this point
It seems like this happens with all underground movement. Once it gets too popular it just becomes trouble. Gets twisted to wrong ideas and the wrong people. And usually the roots are forgotten to how it all started.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:58 PM   #27
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
This is a quote from a friend that posted something similar to this a long while back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darius_tii
As i sat in the chair while the neurologist was doing tests on my brain, i thought to myself
what makes better drifting

many may think automatically "oh i know what makes drifting better!!"

-bigger angles
-perfect lines
-speed
-maybe a book from calvin wan teaching you how to drift or possibly reading all the AWOSME threads on Ziptied about how to drift

while some of these definatly can help, i will now tell you what REALLY makes drifting better
It is very simple and if people understood these easy facts, we would have much MUCH MUCH MUCH nicer "drifts"

FACTS

1. LOW: i dont care what you say, when you see a LOW car drifting, it just looks MUCH MUCH better
doesnt matter if your drifting isnt as technical it will make it look much much better if its LOWER

BODY KITS can help in the area but lowness can be achived with just stock body or minor things

2.NICE WHEELS : this doesnt mean you need to go out and spend $2500 on wheels or anything like that,
I mean wheels that FIT nice and have a GOOOD offset
nothing i mean NOOOTHING can kill the way your drift looks more than a CRAPPY set of wheels in HIGH OFFSETS!

3. NICE PAINT: i dont mean you car has to have a $3000 paint job or anything like that, but cars driving in primer or busted ass ugly paint will automatically kill the way a car looks and ultimatly lower your "drift coolness"
At LEAST wash your car before an event so that it will look good in pictures

AND MISS MATCH fenders and paint is NOT NOT NOT cool...dont think that if you have green fenders on a black car that it will look more awsome and touge racing...it doesnt!
it just looks ugly as hell..so keep your body panals ONE COLOR

4. COOL ENGINE SOUNDS: this can possibly be one of the greatest factors to making a better drift
the cooler your car sounds, THE BETTER YOUR DRIFTING WILL BE
trust me!!..
seeing a car with a quiet exhaust drift vs. one with a loud, raspy, backfiring, AWSOME RACING exhast will make the WORLD of differnce

SO heres a basic rundown on making a COOOl drift car that will make people say "WOW thats nice drifting" lol

make it LOW like it looks on the ground, put some wheels with nice offset preferably shinny, get a paint job that at least makes your car look clean with the whole car looking the SAME COLOR, and get an exhaust that will not look cool but sound LOUD and real "racy"

this is darius guide to drifting

everyone in NORCAL needs to read this....TRUST ME if people just followed the FOUR EASY STEPS, we could make drifting in NORCAL not look so pathetic and actually turn some heads

btw...

drifting in norcal is ugly and somewhat pathetic, it is not our skills that are not up to par but it is simply our ugly UGLY UGLY ASS cars that our bringing us down....

please help us get Norcal out of this style of UGLY ASS DRIFTING!

thanks
Darius
I agree with what I just posted, as well as what the OP has said.

Drifting use to be about nice looking cars, and having fun.

Now we have people calling their shitty cars, 'missile cars' or 'functional' as an attempt to make up for how fucked up their car looks

I would rather have an awesome car that looks good while drifting any day vs a bland monster truck pile of shit.

As for these backward entries, most of them look like SHIT.

The best backward entry is still Kawabata and Kuroi in the Toyo s13. Because the car didn't come to a damn near stop when doing it.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:14 PM   #28
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
I don't know about other areas, but DRAMA is definitely making drifting gay in the north east. It's like highschool in some places; it's pathetic.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:19 PM   #29
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Dang Zar.

PERFECT post man. Perfect. And Darius is 100% on point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
it's the american way.

backwards entries are sweet as long as it doesn't bring the car's speed down dramatically or change the line.
So true. I've yet to see this accomplished. I want to punch cars that almost come to a stop doing this bullshiggity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_boss View Post
It seems like this happens with all underground movement. Once it gets too popular it just becomes trouble. Gets twisted to wrong ideas and the wrong people. And usually the roots are forgotten to how it all started.
So true.

But even though some of this foolishness is creeping in everywhere, there are places that are still doing it right. But America seems to be messing up so bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMyRHS13 View Post
I don't know about other areas, but DRAMA is definitely making drifting gay in the north east. It's like highschool in some places; it's pathetic.
FFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2011, 01:41 PM   #30
aKaFlipSide

aKaFlipSide is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickIsAZero View Post
Don't get me started with crazy colored zip-ties busting out of every "drift scar" you got from backing out of your parents driveway with your welded diff hoppin all over the fucking place.
I literally lol'd.
Closed Thread