Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 01:58 PM   #31
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Professional drifting should be divided into different classes, and each be judged differently.
Serious race bro Nascar JR Gittin V8 class/pretty car fairy pageant/low-rider 20mph sparklers/my-front-wheels-turn-360-degrees knuckle contest/missile derby suicide/whatever.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2011, 02:13 PM   #32
Lukasss
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
Lukasss is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Agreed^

Old 07-21-2011, 02:16 PM   #33
4DOOR_LIFE
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
This is a quote from a friend that posted something similar to this a long while back.

I agree with what I just posted, as well as what the OP has said.

Drifting use to be about nice looking cars, and having fun.

Now we have people calling their shitty cars, 'missile cars' or 'functional' as an attempt to make up for how fucked up their car looks

I would rather have an awesome car that looks good while drifting any day vs a bland monster truck pile of shit.

As for these backward entries, most of them look like SHIT.

The best backward entry is still Kawabata and Kuroi in the Toyo s13. Because the car didn't come to a damn near stop when doing it.
The guide to better drifting was probably the best thread on norcaldrift. too bad most of norcal is too style-less and lame to pay attention.

professional drifting now is boring. I'd rather re watch super old option and dori-ten videos.

Leave it to the US to fuck up everything thats cool
Old 07-21-2011, 04:30 PM   #34
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (19)
ka24debt is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
This whole missle thing just makes it that much harder to find a clean chassis for the people who actually care about how their car looks/performs. Its sad the amount of people I know that find these gems for dirt cheap.. "slam" them.. throw cheap wheels on them just to crash them a month later. The s chassis is right up there next to polar bears and the bald eagle.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:40 PM   #35
s13coupedrfter
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
s13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Theres alot of v8 haters but you have to run a set-up that works for you. I've spent thousands on my rb25 and sr20 motors and never got to the reliability and power levels of the ls1. Sure it has a higher initial cost but over the long run its cheaper. I couldnt be happier with the motor.

I treat drifting like skateboarding as someone put it earlier...I do it for the love and not to have a pissing contest. This brings me to my point, just because everybody doesnt have the jdm style to their cars it doesnt mean they dont have any less spirt or enthusiasm for the sport.

Do what you want to do and have your own style. Isn't that how drifting started anyway???
Old 07-21-2011, 06:03 PM   #36
maplejesse
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
maplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Coolest Formula D event, to ever happen, was when this happened.

anyone remember what year this was?
04/05?

also, one of the best looking cars in FD
Old 07-21-2011, 06:42 PM   #37
Toi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Toi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey McFly View Post
I hate how you can see car sponsored by all of these knock off brand and all that lame ish.
That right there shows you and half of these other band wagons KNOW NOTHING about what goes on over here in Japan.

Little Note:

Japan is KNOCK OFF CENTRAL, they take the blue prints from other companies and build their own stuff, just like isis, meagan, UPGARAGE, buddy club, and the list can go on and on.

Funny thing is a lot of hard core togue drifters are not running name brand shit, they are running your so called knock offs........
Old 07-21-2011, 06:58 PM   #38
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamFRAT View Post
I think my biggest pet peeve is kind of what flicktitty was getting at. People IMMEDIATLY assume we have primered piles of shit.
Seriously cosigned 100% I like great looking cars. Now if they happen to be drifting EVEN BETTER

Oh and OP for Zilvia presidency...
Old 07-21-2011, 07:12 PM   #39
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
I stopped watching Formula D. If you aren't Vaughn Gittin Jr. or Tanner Foust you aren't going to win. The last time I watched it was Vaughn against some guy in his s13, and when Vaughn screwed up a line and clearly lost, the judges made them re-do it. Really? Is this fucking Need For Speed? Since when do you get a re-do if you screw up? I don't personally drift because I have one car and I refuse to lose it to a wall and be SOL. I'd like to have a beater to take to the track on the weekends but until then I just have to sit back and watch the sport keep going downhill
Old 07-21-2011, 07:38 PM   #40
blingbling
Zilvia Junkie

blingbling is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toi View Post
That right there shows you and half of these other band wagons KNOW NOTHING about what goes on over here in Japan.

Little Note:

Japan is KNOCK OFF CENTRAL, they take the blue prints from other companies and build their own stuff, just like isis, meagan, UPGARAGE, buddy club, and the list can go on and on.

Funny thing is a lot of hard core togue drifters are not running name brand shit, they are running your so called knock offs........
Something inside me just dies when you say this its so funny. After all the arguements over knock off shit I've seen on this forum THIS gets posted. Win.
Back on subject. I don't drift my car, 1 because I suck and 2 because Ill be dammed before I fuck up an unmolested kouki doing something I already know Im bad at.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:08 PM   #41
miggypq21
Zilvia Junkie

miggypq21 has much to be proud ofmiggypq21 has much to be proud ofmiggypq21 has much to be proud ofmiggypq21 has much to be proud ofmiggypq21 has much to be proud ofmiggypq21 has much to be proud ofmiggypq21 has much to be proud ofmiggypq21 has much to be proud ofmiggypq21 has much to be proud ofmiggypq21 has much to be proud ofmiggypq21 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to miggypq21
I'm just gonna start carrying a pair of side cutters and cutting every ziptie I see hanging from peoples bumpers, etc.

I'm so tired of people who refuse to cut they're zipties and drive around so proudly with their destroyed aero with the car having more ground clearance than stock. People who make excuses for not being low also get on my nerves, if your not into low cars all you have to do is say it, nobody needs to hear how shitty your streets are or how bad your parents driveway is.

Everyone needs to hop into a time machine. Bring back 2001 please.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:31 PM   #42
importantone
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
importantone has a spectacular aura aboutimportantone has a spectacular aura aboutimportantone has a spectacular aura aboutimportantone has a spectacular aura aboutimportantone has a spectacular aura aboutimportantone has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to importantone
good discussion

glad this came up!
Old 07-21-2011, 09:02 PM   #43
soulessphoto
Zilvia Member

soulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by miggypq21 View Post
People who make excuses for not being low also get on my nerves, if your not into low cars all you have to do is say it, nobody needs to hear how shitty your streets are or how bad your parents driveway is.
This right here. I cringe everytime I read it.

Drifting lost its style because it lost its grassroots.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:26 PM   #44
JosiahP
Leaky Injector

JosiahP is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to JosiahP
i think if everyone didnt hop on the "missle" car bandwagon drifting would be alot better. i agree with everything said in this thread and when i see a busted to hell and back car drifting it makes me sick.... but seeing a nicely done up car, ONE color body, a nice set of wheels, LOW, and doesnt have a shit load of zip ties. if only drifting would go back the way it was 5 years ago when people cared about the way there cars looked
but thats just my 0.02

Last edited by JosiahP; 07-21-2011 at 11:49 PM..
Old 07-21-2011, 09:27 PM   #45
Perfect Balance
Zilvia Junkie

Perfect Balance is an unknown quantity at this point
These cars right here are a great example of how it should be done.

Yeah, they wrecked and tore shit up, but they fixed it every time for the next event. I'm sure people that followed their blog saw the posts of them doing bodywork and painting, ect. They always made an attempt to make the cars appear in one piece.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:30 PM   #46
JosiahP
Leaky Injector

JosiahP is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to JosiahP
^ thats how cars should look! not busted ass pieces of shit.....
Old 07-21-2011, 09:46 PM   #47
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
I like how numerous people blame V8 swaps for ruining drifting. V8 swaps didn't give people bad style. You can definitely have style and a V8, you just typically don't see it the two together.

The whole misinterpretation of a missile car has exploded in one giant fucked up cluster fuck. People think it is cool their car is a giant pile of unsafe trash. Its one thing if you just don't care about the body and drive the shit out of it, and still try and make it look alright, but when I tech cars at events who's seats aren't even bolted down all the way and their batteries are bungie corded to a piece of metal that's ziptied to a fender that's not bolted down it just gets completely ridiculous. In case you're wondering...no that wont pass tech. Learn how to fucking do things right.

And just so its clear, I'm not a name brand whore. I think you can make a car look great on a budget, if you want wheels and aero but can't afford both why not buy wheels and fuck aero - just lower the fucking car.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 07-21-2011, 10:06 PM   #48
anton1o
Zilvia Junkie

anton1o is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to anton1o
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13coupedrfter View Post
Sure it has a higher initial cost but over the long run its cheaper. I couldnt be happier with the motor.
Agree'd i sometimes don't understand the haters of engine swaps that will increase reliability.

Everybody takes 'Drifting' differently, im not a hater on it because its evolved and some people have taken it more seriously than others.

And do not go completely left field, but man im a hater on the stupid 'Keep Drifting Fun' "Grass roots drifting for life" etc etc... seriously, its like the people who praise this don't drift?
It takes us about 3hours of driving to get to our "Local" Drift Track, do you know how much "FUN" it is when you then have to spend 3/4 of the day working on your busted up SR.. Its alot more fun when you get to spend that 3/4 of the day actually drifting.. But then people try and call you all these stupid internet terms because your not 'grass roots' enough and that your ruining it?

Man if anything i think sometimes the people who are actually hating on it are the people who are sending it further backwards..

Old 07-21-2011, 10:18 PM   #49
jorge1190
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
jorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I enjoy watching drifting, not big into it just have something to say about the reliability comments on 4 cylinders and other turbo engines. Most of the reliability issues goes with two different things I think:

1. People who, like everyone said, halfass their cars. If you cant attach a fender properly what makes you think they are capable of putting together a proper, reliable swap?

2. The fact that it takes 600 HP to compete. It is a 4 cylinder, attempting to get that much power out of them takes a ton of money, and it is still not gonna last long because they are not meant to make that much power.

I appreciate a clean, well-done car doing whatever it is meant to do whether it is grip, drift, street drive, whatever floats the owner's boat. I hate crappy looking cars or cars with mismatched body panels. Dont tell me you cant afford paint, I would rather see a car with Maaco paint all one color than 5 colors of primer.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:20 PM   #50
EhrikETFG
Zilvia Addict

EhrikETFG is an unknown quantity at this point
its funny that even in this thread people are still whining about dumb things lol

awe man that kid has zipties on his front bumper? oh nooo
Old 07-21-2011, 10:31 PM   #51
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Zip ties on the bumper is not the problem. People thinking having a fucked up, half assed zip tied bumper is cool is the problem.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 07-21-2011, 10:36 PM   #52
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
what happened?

florida happened....
broke ass honda owners moving to nissan...
hypebeast/illist.....

there i said it.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:39 PM   #53
EhrikETFG
Zilvia Addict

EhrikETFG is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KA-Turbo View Post
Zip ties on the bumper is not the problem. People thinking having a fucked up, half assed zip tied bumper is cool is the problem.
i guess. id rather see a nice car drifting, sure, but if the dude with the sagging bumper is killing it with a smile on his face, what is the big deal?
Old 07-21-2011, 10:44 PM   #54
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

I believe I am too drunk to put what I want to say into the proper words. I'll come back to this tomorrow. LOL

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 07-21-2011, 10:49 PM   #55
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
When I read the first post, the first thing that popped in my head was Darius's post on norcaldrift.

Keep drifting fun and looking cool.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:05 PM   #56
curbhuggerrps13
Zilvia Addict

curbhuggerrps13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to curbhuggerrps13
the younger generation is always gonna want what the older generations has...parts from 96-2000 were hard to come by and very pricey for those of us who began taking on these projects. sure they take short cuts and what not entering the scene. but its because the parts are so easily accessed and cheap compared to what i was used to purchasing. as long as everyone keeps its safe and drama free i have no problems with it. but i still believe a car being built should be done to almost completion with no fucking excuses.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:55 PM   #57
Toi
Zilvia Member

Toi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by miggypq21 View Post
I'm just gonna start carrying a pair of side cutters and cutting every ziptie I see hanging from peoples bumpers, etc.
Wow just wow......I know everyone wants to have a nice car but the ENTHUSIAST that drift every (insert curse word here) weekend here in Japan use zip ties, wreck in the beginning, get used to the feeling, yes yes they do, and after they get really good at drifting, then they turn the car into something nice because they don't wreck so often and if they do THEY FIX IT OMFG I SAID FIX IT!!!! Might take them 6 months but its not a fashion show here, UNLESS its VIP its not a panty dropper.

Anyway

American grass roots drifting is not and cannot be the same as the Japanese, not if you want a nice car.....and not if you make stupid statements like that.

If you want a nice 240/Silvia, rock your flush, tucked, slammed, stock clean ride, and by the time your 50 there won't be many left and you will have something valuable. Don't bash people if they wreck a car, it happens, and it just so happens that the S Chassis is one of the most popular cars to slide.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:09 AM   #58
demonspeed
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
demonspeed is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I dunno if you would consider me an 'old school' drifter, but i started in Oki back in 04. Drifting to me is more than just zipties and tire racks lol! the best driftcar EVER is the one that drives to the track, drifts, and drives back. Daily driver/drifter cars just do it for me i guess BUT they have to look like daily cars...no primer jobs...rattlebomb that shit one color i dont care, just make it look good (it CAN be done) put some nice fitting rims on and call it a day. Ive seen countless KA's straight KILL SR's because they think i have a 'drift motor' thats all i need. Just because you have a better motor doesnt make you a better driver or in this case a better drifter. As far as namebrand parts go, i honestly could care less...you wanna drift on some 2500 dollar rims, be my guest. To me, that means you know your car so you arent gonna fuck it up lol
Old 07-22-2011, 12:34 AM   #59
miggypq21
Zilvia Junkie

miggypq21 has much to be proud ofmiggypq21 has much to be proud ofmiggypq21 has much to be proud ofmiggypq21 has much to be proud ofmiggypq21 has much to be proud ofmiggypq21 has much to be proud ofmiggypq21 has much to be proud ofmiggypq21 has much to be proud ofmiggypq21 has much to be proud ofmiggypq21 has much to be proud ofmiggypq21 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to miggypq21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toi View Post
Wow just wow......I know everyone wants to have a nice car but the ENTHUSIAST that drift every (insert curse word here) weekend here in Japan use zip ties, wreck in the beginning, get used to the feeling, yes yes they do, and after they get really good at drifting, then they turn the car into something nice because they don't wreck so often and if they do THEY FIX IT OMFG I SAID FIX IT!!!! Might take them 6 months but its not a fashion show here, UNLESS its VIP its not a panty dropper.

Anyway

American grass roots drifting is not and cannot be the same as the Japanese, not if you want a nice car.....and not if you make stupid statements like that.

If you want a nice 240/Silvia, rock your flush, tucked, slammed, stock clean ride, and by the time your 50 there won't be many left and you will have something valuable. Don't bash people if they wreck a car, it happens, and it just so happens that the S Chassis is one of the most popular cars to slide.
I'm talking about the whiskers buddy. Calm down

These guys not as exagerated though. But, I don't give a fuck if the bumper is held on with zip ties I did it from time to time as well, but clean that shit up and cut the excess off.

You can't even use "learning" as an excuse either. I did a lot of street drifting and a couple events and even I managed to somehow keep my car looking somewhat decent. It isn't that hard. But like many have said, the whole missile term has been misconstrued and people take it way out of context. But eh, what do I know. /rant
Old 07-22-2011, 12:38 AM   #60
maplejesse
Zilvia Junkie

maplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura about

foam finger drifting
Closed Thread