Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 01:24 AM   #61
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplejesse View Post

foam finger drifting

i still have those foam fingers haha
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2011, 02:04 AM   #62
DertyDan
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (22)
DertyDan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
i think about almost everything said in this thread every day. best thread ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KA-Turbo View Post
I like how numerous people blame V8 swaps for ruining drifting. V8 swaps didn't give people bad style. You can definitely have style and a V8, you just typically don't see it the two together.
Agree 100%! I have yet to see a V8 driver locally with any style whatsoever. Personally, I just don't like V8 swaps at all. It would be different if FD wasnt a bunch of ugly ass nascar style cookie cutter cars with V8s, but its not. Grassroots drifting is suffering the same problem around here to those who can afford LS swaps. Yeah their cars look like shit, but thats not even what makes me mad. ITS THAT THEY DONT PUSH THEMSELVES OR THEIR CARS. Everyone ive talked to that owns a V8 just blabs about how it makes drifting easier. I love to drift for the rush of it and I feel a V8 would make it less of a thrill. Last local event I was watching another run group while mine was off. All of the V8 swap drivers had lame entries and seemed like they were trying to go through the coarse too fast (as if it was a race) so they had bad angle and were never over like 4k rpm until a series of turns was over and then they would floor it after coming out of the last turn (finally having decent angle, smoke, and high rpm. yet still lame because they only did so knowing they wouldnt spin because the turn was over). They also think its cool to manji straights between turns that can easily be connected... idk i dont understand.

I find it much more entertaining to watch the typical drift car. Crazy entries, good angle/speed/line, bouncing rev limitter/ebraking trying to extend and connect long straights, getting as close as you can during tandem.... all of the things I love about drifting involve trying to push the limit and doing something crazy simply for the thrill of it.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:06 AM   #63
soulessphoto
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
soulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WERDdabuilder View Post
what happened?

florida happened....
broke ass honda owners moving to nissan...
hypebeast/illist.....

there i said it.
Stfu asshole, it's not Florida's fault, there's a buncha shitty ass fucked up cars in Cali too.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:20 AM   #64
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I honestly do not care what engine is in a car. That's not the problem to me. The problem is cars that look like this:

Oh man that is so bad I want to punch myself for posting it.

I forget who said it, some Japanese driver: You get a car as low as possible and learn to drive it. My biggest issue in the past 6 years has been my front inside wheel locking up on transition and spinning because of it. Also trying to clean molten rubber off my mirrors and fender. I probably make as much smoke from my fronts as I do in the back.

If I ran drift events I would stand at the gate bouncing people for having wheel gap and no steeze.

OH AND PLEASE STOP BRINGING UGLY CHICKS WITH YOU TO THE TRACK! No one wants to see that mess.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:40 AM   #65
iStayBroke
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
iStayBroke is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
This is a thread that needed to happen.

More of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUe7C62WdD0

Less of this:

I blame America, not even joking.
Everything gets turned into a huge fucking contest of "I'm faster, I got more power." That's just how America is, but drifting is about driver skill, not using your 700hp as a crutch to cover your lack of said skills.

I have more but I can't put it into words currently.

This sums up my thoughts on the current state of "professional" drifting.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:26 AM   #66
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Professional drifting should be divided into different classes, and each be judged differently.
Serious race bro Nascar JR Gittin V8 class/pretty car fairy pageant/low-rider 20mph sparklers/my-front-wheels-turn-360-degrees knuckle contest/missile derby suicide/whatever.
This made me fall off my chair in laughter.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:35 AM   #67
EhrikETFG
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
EhrikETFG is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
scions are dumb
Old 07-22-2011, 09:44 AM   #68
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
Do you guy's remember when people asked what you had/what you were into and you said 240sx, and they said ughhh what's that? or laughed cause it wasn't a Honda/Acura. now look at the "scene" all those people have these cars now and are the fanboys ruining these cars.
nick, i dunno man. you arent necessarily an old school 240 owner. what do you have to compare this all with? i mean, the honda scene is/was the 90s... vtec... enter 2000 and that shit was at a hault, hondas lost a lot of their popularity.. thats why things switched over and we started seeing more and more 240 owners.

not trying to be a complete dick, only a partial one, but you're young man. too young to comment on how the scene changed from honda to nissan. but whatever, were all entitled to an opinion i guess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamFRAT View Post
I think my biggest pet peeve is kind of what flicktitty was getting at. People IMMEDIATLY assume we have primered piles of shit.
i own a 240 and i will 100% guarantee that everyone here owns a primered pile of shit, or has owned a primered pile of shit at some point in time. ide also like to say that if theyre not primered then chances are, they dont work. and i'll gladly include myself in this catagory. ive seen very few respectable FINISHED cars... its all bullshit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iStayBroke View Post
I blame America, not even joking.
we americans have a habit of ruining shit, and i completely agree. thats capitolism, everyone wants their piece of pie and the next thing you know its exploited and played out. gotta accept it for what it is now, no going back and changing it.

i will say its been nice going to smaller 240 meets lately. i really didnt expect to ever go back to meets with 10-20 people. as for drifting, thats just something that a lot of us old-schoolers just never really cared about. i know a lot who would watch it, but the whole fan-boy stuff is more the younger modern kids trying to fit into a scene. maybe its the word DRIFTER... seems to tough and at the same time, lost. fits the emo kids with hoodies real well.

oh, and freddy kruger sweaters

and ghey tight jeans
Old 07-22-2011, 09:47 AM   #69
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Agreed. At least they were kind of low.

America is messing up.

More Kiddynomite.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:59 AM   #70
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
nick, i dunno man. you arent necessarily an old school 240 owner. what do you have to compare this all with? i mean, the honda scene is/was the 90s... vtec... enter 2000 and that shit was at a hault, hondas lost a lot of their popularity.. thats why things switched over and we started seeing more and more 240 owners.

not trying to be a complete dick, only a partial one, but you're young man. too young to comment on how the scene changed from honda to nissan. but whatever, were all entitled to an opinion i guess...
I know i'm not as old as some people on here, but i feel as if i have the mindset of some of our elder members. I've been active on many Nissan forums since 2001. been through different screen names, and when sites go down/crash you have to create new ones. And to have a been in and around the 240sx scene in the MIDWEST since 2001 it's a HUGE change. You being from cali might not realize but the midwest/east coast is years behind you guys. it's funny JUST this summer i saw people trying to be "FLUSH" around here. and finally cars started showing up with "illest|hellaflush|fatlace" stickers. Chicago is doing fine however...just the sisterfucking population in Wisconsin in years behind. Funny how i can be completely sick of a fad online before a group of people start doing it here.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:09 AM   #71
adam s
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
adam s is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Honest to god, this entire thread details why I sold my 240 to get into an FD3s.

I owned a '92 STOCK 240sx, with coils, and everybody and their mother would ask me if I drifted it. I fucking hated hearing that, used to piss me off so much.

Don't get me wrong, I've been known to spend hours upon hours on youtube watching oldschool drift shit over and over again, but that doesn't make me a drifter, neither does my obnoxiously low sunken battle ship wheel 240sx. (at least I assumed it didn't...)

My car was ridiculously clean all the time. I washed it 3-4 times a week and always repaired shit with brand new OEM parts whenever stuff broke, that's how I liked it. I LOVE "old" cars, and I usually can't stand newer ones. I wanted to drive a "brand new" '92 240sx, I spent my feeble smoothie shop paychecks making it that way.

In the end the man beat me, the man told me I was a drifter, the man told me I was a tuner, and the man told me I needed zip ties hanging out of every imaginable seam on my car.

Here's a pic for reference. Minus the coils, it was practically stock, and not stock in the way that a beat ass 20 year old faded to shit car is stock, but stock in the way that almost every part of the car had been replaced with brand new or reman'd OEM parts.

OEM. Yeh.

Last edited by adam s; 07-22-2011 at 12:21 PM..
Old 07-22-2011, 10:17 AM   #72
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
This is why I quit.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:23 AM   #73
S14DOOD
Leaky Injector

S14DOOD is an unknown quantity at this point
I really hate when people get a 240 and put a welded diif in and just think they can go out there and drift and not really put there heart into it! I used to be a hardcore honda guy but loved drifting, i was at every local event watching and riding along. Well one day i found a 95 s14 for a good price and yes i put a welded diff in it lol, but when i hit my first turn sideways i knew thats what i wanna do! every since then iv put my heart into drifting yes i want a cool looking car and want more angle, but at thye same time i wanna go put meet new people and just have fun. I really dont think there is any sport out there that is mors fun in my opion. KEEP DRIFTING FUN!!
Old 07-22-2011, 10:27 AM   #74
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
While I agree with most of what people said on here is correct regarding the transformation of drifting I also understand that with time things change. Everyone bitches about how America ruined drifting, but I believe American drifting just evolved into something using what we have available. The V8 trend did not ruin drifting in America, it is just an engine that is more reliable and competitive than your SR and RB motors. Yes, SR and RB can also put out 4-600 horse powers, but I believe with a V8 you get there faster and more reliable. Formula D is exciting for the certain aspects of things such as watching your friends drive or mostly just for the entertainment aspect. You don't have to take it too seriously, it does not affect you if you do not want it to be.

Drifting is for you and for no one else and that's what I believe. You can do it at your leisure, the sport may not always be here in the form of competitive driving or local drift events, but as long as you have a car and a track of sorts you can do it all by yourself. For me it was always about going out with friends and having fun, friends pushing each other to be a better driver, and really just a great place to be on a nice Saturday. The more concern you have over how FD is or why no one builds awesome cars the more you step away from the true value of what the sport is.

People are going to build shitty cars and that is just the way it is, fuck it, it just makes my car look that much better. Also, "missile cars" usually started off as nice cars and eventually just took on the form of a shitty looking car because of crashes and hard driving, you can't make a shitty looking car and call it a "missile car" just because you know it is a shitty looking car to begin with.

Be a better driver yourselves is the most important concern everyone should have. If you love cars then you should love driving as well. If you care about your car and have pride in it then you should provide great parts to your car so that the performance level is at its best. If you love to show your car off because you love your car then the exterior of your car should be one color and painted. Also, please do not put care into everything else else and run cheesy wheels, it ruins all of the other hard work.

Driving a nice looking car gives you a better feeling that is hard to describe, but driving it to the max while others baby their shit is a even better feeling.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:28 AM   #75
Brian
Post Whore!

Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
How about a smashed in driver side door pillar?

Old 07-22-2011, 11:41 AM   #76
driftxninja
Zilvia Member

driftxninja is an unknown quantity at this point
holy shit. ive read through every comment in this thread and agree with some, disagree with some. im not going back to reference. i want to put in my 2 cents as well...

V8's like many have said is definately more reliable way to get more hp for a bit more money.
its weird how everyone is so concerned about what everyone else but themselves is doing.

im one of those kids who don't match socks, sometimes don't match shirt with shorts because i feel better wearing comfortable clothes that don't match instead of uncomfortable ones that do. people always look at me like oh you know your socks don't match... and i just respond by saying aw thats sweet i didn't know you cared so much about what socks i wear.

my point is... everyone bitching and complaining about what other people are doing with their cars, get over it its not your car. you shouldn't be worrying about some strangers car you don't even know him/her. you wanna change things? do something about it. for fucks sake make your own car nice, help friends make their cars nice, their friends can make their cars nice... soon you will have a nice group of nice cars wouldn't that be nice?

I have a clean 89 240sx with 130000 original miles. I have track coilovers, rear upper control arms, exhaust and intake. i drift because i love it. i love driving sideways. i like watching old school drift videos. i like watching formula drift. its different styles, different cars, and different inspiration.
to each their own.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:43 AM   #77
driftxninja
Zilvia Member

P.S.

if you "quit" drifting or loving cars because of how the "scene" is turning out, then you are into it for the wrong reasons to begin with.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:44 AM   #78
driftxninja
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by azndoc View Post
While I agree with most of what people said on here is correct regarding the transformation of drifting I also understand that with time things change. Everyone bitches about how America ruined drifting, but I believe American drifting just evolved into something using what we have available. The V8 trend did not ruin drifting in America, it is just an engine that is more reliable and competitive than your SR and RB motors. Yes, SR and RB can also put out 4-600 horse powers, but I believe with a V8 you get there faster and more reliable. Formula D is exciting for the certain aspects of things such as watching your friends drive or mostly just for the entertainment aspect. You don't have to take it too seriously, it does not affect you if you do not want it to be.

Drifting is for you and for no one else and that's what I believe. You can do it at your leisure, the sport may not always be here in the form of competitive driving or local drift events, but as long as you have a car and a track of sorts you can do it all by yourself. For me it was always about going out with friends and having fun, friends pushing each other to be a better driver, and really just a great place to be on a nice Saturday. The more concern you have over how FD is or why no one builds awesome cars the more you step away from the true value of what the sport is.

People are going to build shitty cars and that is just the way it is, fuck it, it just makes my car look that much better. Also, "missile cars" usually started off as nice cars and eventually just took on the form of a shitty looking car because of crashes and hard driving, you can't make a shitty looking car and call it a "missile car" just because you know it is a shitty looking car to begin with.

Be a better driver yourselves is the most important concern everyone should have. If you love cars then you should love driving as well. If you care about your car and have pride in it then you should provide great parts to your car so that the performance level is at its best. If you love to show your car off because you love your car then the exterior of your car should be one color and painted. Also, please do not put care into everything else else and run cheesy wheels, it ruins all of the other hard work.

Driving a nice looking car gives you a better feeling that is hard to describe, but driving it to the max while others baby their shit is a even better feeling.
good speech. +1
Old 07-22-2011, 12:09 PM   #79
S14DOOD
Leaky Injector

S14DOOD is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftxninja View Post
P.S.

if you "quit" drifting or loving cars because of how the "scene" is turning out, then you are into it for the wrong reasons to begin with.
X2 on that one
Old 07-22-2011, 12:16 PM   #80
all show no go
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (15)
all show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
All this shit, all this shit said about looking cool. I don't know how to say it , but I think I'm tired of thinking about all this & not seeing it for so long that I really don't care if I see it at all anymore. It's too late for me to "care". I can understand v8's & their use for effective & fun power. If someone offered a free v8 swap fuck it, I really don't care. I will have fun I'm sure & I will style my car my way. I'm so tired of nearly everything about drifting lately. I just love drifting with my nephew once in a while, just like I like to skateboard once in a while.

To me, "making rules" of how drifting should look like no matter if you're talking about v8's in s13's or every car HAVING to look like Magician, is taking drifting itself too seriously.

GET REAL not everyone is going to look like Japan.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:25 PM   #81
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
P.S.

Drifting to me is about having fun with friends.

If you were friends with everyone in the, 'scene' and they get out, then the fun is gone.

Simple as that.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:27 PM   #82
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
P.S.

I cry foul on this statement. You have missed the bigger point of this thread. Its just not about drifting.

I learned how to drift before the term was coined. In 510's and 240Z's yes and they are not the easiest cars to do it in. At the same time we did mountain driving as well. No one separated this stuff out. We would go out and in our words get sideways because it was fun. We would go out and run the mountains because it was fun. Both things were done repeatedly to increase skill factor.

Fast forward to the late 90's. I had been out of Sports cars for about 8-9 years. Sold my last 240Z in 1990. I came to 240sx's because I had known about them since they first came out. I wanted a car that had the spirit of the 240Z (s13 fastbacks) but was somewhat more modern aka fun with creature comforts like power windows. What a concept. Kids take their power windows out. I wanted them because I had basically owned and driven sports cars that never had them. LOL

The interesting thing was I found a cool crowd of people they included people who drifted people who did not and people who maybe did not even track their cars.
The whole point was except for the few egoist that are in every crowd, no one really looked down on anyone because they did or did not go to the track. Did or did not drift. It did not matter, it was about enthusiasm for one of the few affordabe and Fun RWD cars. A car that had been poorly marketed here in the U.S. out of fear it would overshadow the base NA Z32 sales.

The average person did not have a clue about these cars. If they did they called them Secretaries cars because Nissan had actually marketed them that way here. LOL

It was great for a numbers of years, different people from another car crowd came into the scene it changed. I still owned the cars and loved them. Though I was starting to dislike a lot of the newcomers. Attitudes, was one thing, Ego's were another. If you did not take your car to the track to prove it them you were not shit was quite the common attitude that started to prevail.

Along with it came a crowd of thieves who would rather rip off the cars to get parts rather than spend their own money.
I know a lot of former enthusiasts and drivers who sold their 240's and got out because of this.

It had nothing to do with being in it for the wrong reason. It had more to do with utter disgust with how a lot of the current owners approached everything.

Meets? For the most part not worth going to anymore. Why? your car might get targeted to be stolen.
Fear of taking your car anywhere as well because it might get targeted to get stolen.

All of this is a big detraction from being a part of or wanting to own the cars anymore.
When you sit there and say I just want to own a sports car I can drive anywhere and not be overly worried about it getting stolen. Take it to the track on sunday and drive it during the week afterwards. That is when you know that its changed.

wrong reasons no. Facts yes. Truth of things yes they change. I used to put on Raves in San Francisco in the early 90's to late 90's back when it really meant something. It changed, its not the same and I recognized it. Do I still like the music? Sure. Would I put on a Rave today or go to one? No. Its not the same anymore. It Just isn't and I know, because I was their back in the day. Most Rave goers today were not so they have no idea.

Same could be said for current generation 240 owners. You guys were not their back then you have no idea.

Everything changes and people that are around in the early part of a particular scene will tend to wind up leaving after it evolves and changes into something different.

No wrong reason. Its just not what it was about in the beginning. I love 240sx's they are fun cars. At the same time I hate what I see, what it has become.

This is what drives people away and this is what most of this thread has pointed out.
If you are too young to understand the feelings or sentiments of the older generation? Perhaps you should try and listen and learn as you will be there someday yourself.

P.S. Wanting to keep on owning something but being afraid to take it anywhere for fear of it being stolen defeats the purpose all together.
Porsche's do not get stolen at the rate of 240's and you do not their owners being paranoid about parking it anywhere outside of a ghetto.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 07-22-2011, 12:29 PM   #83
driftxninja
Zilvia Member

^ that makes perfect sense. but to just say "this is why i quit" referring to what everyone is saying about how cars are becoming now a days is not the same thing.

i understand that though.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:31 PM   #84
udon!
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
udon! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Old 07-22-2011, 12:34 PM   #85
driftxninja
Zilvia Member

lol drift freaq i was referring particularly to the guy who said "this is why i quit" not he thread LOL.

but the point i try and make is that if you truly love drifting, there is no reason at all to stop doing so because you don't appreciate how everyone else is doing it.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:34 PM   #86
zeitgeist
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (21)
zeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
I get so sick of hearing people complain what someone else's car should look like.

Back in the day when rice was rampant this problem didnt seem to exist as much. And everyones car looked completely different as a result
Old 07-22-2011, 12:36 PM   #87
driftxninja
Zilvia Member

as for the stealing cars... that sucks that the world is like that. i would definately relocate ...
Old 07-22-2011, 12:39 PM   #88
kOOpA
Zilvia Junkie

kOOpA is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
NAILED IT! If you have your friends, and you guys have fun, who cares about everyone else?
Old 07-22-2011, 12:41 PM   #89
s tuned
Leaky Injector

s tuned is an unknown quantity at this point
the crap that been messing up the drifting scene IMO is honda guys now trying to move to 240sx and rocking a rainbow full of color car.. also stealing cars thats what has brought the fun down.. but for the people that keep it real on the rwd scene we all know we carry our cars clean af idk just saying
Old 07-22-2011, 12:49 PM   #90
Brian
Post Whore!

Quote:
lol drift freaq i was referring particularly to the guy who said "this is why i quit" not he thread LOL.

but the point i try and make is that if you truly love drifting, there is no reason at all to stop doing so because you don't appreciate how everyone else is doing it.
I'd rather quit than be lumped in with a bunch of ugly cars.
lol