Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 10:50 AM   #121
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I think the forums aren't necessarily glorifying shitty cars, but glorifying nicely built cars. For some reason the poor people think we are in some imaginary race to throw the most parts possible at a car as quickly as they can. That is where bad judgment comes in and people start going cheap, or say, 'fuckit'. The result is shitty looking cars that kids have built.

Then those same kids claim that they are hardcore in the, 'scene' because they slapped on some $600 coilovers, and a $400 set of XXR's while they meet up at their local boba spot with their shit-buckets.

Anyways, whooooooooo go american driftingggggg!
Old 07-23-2011, 11:01 AM   #122
carmaniac1993
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
carmaniac1993 is on the path to ruincarmaniac1993 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
how does being 18 mean anything? im 18 years old and ive been in love with drifting ever since i can remember honestly. i have no fucked up view of drifting. i just love having fun sideways and building my car
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
i cant believe you just said that......... you must be 18. edit, nevermind 20. that makes sense.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:05 AM   #123
EhrikETFG
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
EhrikETFG is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The age remark was directed at someone who said that drifting only became popular because of tokyo drift. I imagine if youre 18 and a nice car he wouldnt care. Its just that most people your(and my) age suck.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:09 AM   #124
carmaniac1993
Zilvia Member

carmaniac1993 is on the path to ruincarmaniac1993 is on the path to ruin
alright, i know exactly what you mean about my generation sucking. sometime it just bugs me how people generalize though. lol
Old 07-23-2011, 11:15 AM   #125
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
I think the forums aren't necessarily glorifying shitty cars, but glorifying nicely built cars. For some reason the poor people think we are in some imaginary race to throw the most parts possible at a car as quickly as they can. That is where bad judgment comes in and people start going cheap, or say, 'fuckit'. The result is shitty looking cars that kids have built.
You said it better than I could! That's the root issue to me, I just wasn't sure how to type what I was thinking The big thing most of the new guys don't seem to have is the devotion/dedication/lack of attention that some of the older guys had; and that doesn't mean that a car with less mods is worse, it's just that so many people are content with saying 'fuckit' that it's really reduced overall quality and care.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 07-23-2011, 11:53 AM   #126
Zero-Offset
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Zero-Offset is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post
Hrmmmmmmmm...

I will continue to build cars how I like them and drift in 2012...

and 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and so on...

I stopped paying attention to what every one else is doing and just focused on what I want to do.

BH #1 (you'll be back buddy)

thank you for saying this. it needed to be said.
build your car the way YOU like. in the end its your money, and it should bring YOU satisfaction most importantly.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:53 AM   #127
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
The problem isn't what people do to their cars, its how they do it.

There is this unexplainable thing Japan has that the US just doesn't collectively have. You can feel it in the air when you're there, when you see peoples cars over there - even the ones that don't look good - you can feel it coming from the car.

When you build a car you should be breaking yourself down to the smallest levels and fully immerse yourself in what you're doing. Then when you have the finished product part of yourself is in it and others will be able to feel it when they look at your car.

I think this is why some cars can have the same exact stuff on it and one will feel completely different then the other.

I think Wagners car is an excellent example of that. Its red, has uras, widebody, battles, and it isn't very low - none of those things should make it extraordinary, but it has a presence that cars with 'rarer' parts don't have.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 07-23-2011, 12:00 PM   #128
Freddy
Zilvia Junkie

Freddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
For some reason the poor people think we are in some imaginary race to throw the most parts possible at a car as quickly as they can.
well said, well said
Old 07-23-2011, 12:08 PM   #129
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
How about a smashed in driver side door pillar?

Just so we're clear, BH made me spin because he asked me to slow down so his shitty KA could catch up and I have never ever driven that slow in my life.

Blam

lol, but seriously I drove the car like a maniac after that because from then on I just didn't care and it was great.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:32 PM   #130
iamtheyi
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
iamtheyi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
So, the basic consensus here is that because I'm not ballersauce, and rather spend money on actual parts/tires/track time, instead of a paint job, I should just not be part of the scene because my car is ugly? lol. Haters.

Old 07-23-2011, 01:01 PM   #131
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtheyi View Post
So, the basic consensus here is that because I'm not ballersauce, and rather spend money on actual parts/tires/track time, instead of a paint job, I should just not be part of the scene because my car is ugly? lol. Haters.
Do what you will, no one will ever stop you. We're just trying to say we don't enjoy watching the ugly cars. It doesn't matter if you're good, if your car is ugly, no one will watch you drift.

I'd rather see a sexy looking car spinning out or not "killing it" then see an ugly car "killing it."
Old 07-23-2011, 01:01 PM   #132
Kingbaby
Zilvia Junkie

Kingbaby is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Technically no!

That a ugly car isn't and shouldn't be considered cool to the point "kids" do it on purpose!
#0191 "Lin'da" 2AMR>2AMR>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
That's pretty cool. Never sell it, you'll regret it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisastickup View Post
I donut see an FC on this page, man
Old 07-23-2011, 01:13 PM   #133
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Nobody gives a fuck about ugly cars on the track.
Old 07-23-2011, 01:19 PM   #134
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by azndoc View Post
Just so we're clear, BH made me spin because he asked me to slow down so his shitty KA could catch up and I have never ever driven that slow in my life.

Blam

lol, but seriously I drove the car like a maniac after that because from then on I just didn't care and it was great.
I'll have to agree with the reasoning.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:01 PM   #135
iamtheyi
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Nobody gives a fuck about ugly cars on the track.
lol I don't give a fuck about anyone else at the track either as long as they're not doing stupid shit and I'm having a good time :].

Just wanted to add that the car is a work in progress. It'll get sprayed at some point. Just not now

Old 07-23-2011, 02:09 PM   #136
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:

Then those same kids claim that they are hardcore in the, 'scene' because they slapped on some $600 coilovers, and a $400 set of XXR's while they meet up at their local boba spot with their shit-buckets.
I totally agree with this. For me, I do the research and buy the parts that fit my need. I'm willing to spend in order to get the most out of the part in question. If that makes me "baller" for choosing to spend cash then so be it. Everyone has a budget, but some will take the time to save to get the parts they want, where others will cop out...

Another thing is that people love to be the "internet hero" and want instant gratification from others. This is happening with various car brands though. You know the score, where people build amazing cars. Then they get a feature in a magazine and then sell it because the are "finished".

People need to build cars for themselves and not for internet bro respect.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:31 PM   #137
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Quote:

Totally missing the point. If YOU CANT AFFORD BALLER PARTS IT DOESNT MEAN TO PUT JUNK ASS SHIT ON YOUR CAR. Although you may think you are making a race car, it doesn't mean it is a race to make the a finished product. If you want wheels, buy the best ones you can afford, and in a good size, don't buy things just for the sake of not having stock parts, try to save and buy important things. But WHATEVER YOU DO, just take pride in your car. Like keep it clean, take care of maintenance, sure it may not be as fun as buying aftermarket parts, but it is just as important.

This is not a snobbish ballers only club. I have given guys props with nice ride highth and g35 or z wheels. and clean paint.

BH, touche. Good point, but thanks for bringing it up. This is the internet and people will take things seriously. I don't personally know you, met you maybe a few times, so maybe I just took it the wrong way, and if I did, I know others did. But I think people should stick things out if they love them. If you really like something, don't quit it when you run into problems. Or because the scene is filling up with asshats and fucktards.

Maybe I am just too much of an enthusiast, and Nissans are my life, and my passion, so maybe I am wrong to assume that people should have as much heart or enthusiasm as me.

Almost all my friends are from my involvement in this scene or industry. I am here to have a good time, and to make friends, my love of cars and the people I have met through them, has brought me many good things in my life, and I look forward to more good times and good people. I am not here for people to think I am cool.

Tricky AB, HIGH FIVE!
Old 07-23-2011, 05:55 PM   #138
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
I can't afford real wheels. I bought these new Rotas in a similar style for $800 instead of $2400 (when you could've bought a set of used wheels for that price)

I crashed my car and don't have money for paint, so I just bought a different color fender. I primered just that fender, then decided to primer the entire car until I save up enough money to paint it one day. *two years later* ...car is still primered.

Etc.

Crappy mindset, crappy execution, and rushed builds. That is why we have shit cars.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:37 PM   #139
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
Hi, I did not have the money for brand name condoms and so I just used this Doritos bag instead.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:46 PM   #140
kouki_steve
Leaky Injector

kouki_steve is an unknown quantity at this point
Bodykits. WTF. Never picked up the memo that you needed to run dmax/origin/etc style
on EVERY 240, much less that drifts to even be considered. Regardless of paint,
theres more shitty ass multicolored body kit 240's that this forum
CREAMS over, then clean sexy STOCK styled 240's. It's very sad.

I guess I'm just one of those guys, (the rare), that would rather stay stock
body. How/what the car REALLY looks like, effective wheel fitment and height, maybe
a factory lip. ENJOY it. THE end.

I also say, that d1 should be divided according to horsepower. not a poor
sr20 s15 turbo vs an ls7. both nice looking maybe, but both completely out
of each others level. Lets get it all fair again, and bring the competition
to the WIRE. not landslide. grassroots style
Old 07-23-2011, 07:47 PM   #141
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Imarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
its absolutly amazing how much truth is in this thread...and its also really sad with how bad it has gotten in the "drifting, 240, and just the overall car enthusiast" scenes.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:53 PM   #142
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Quote:
Hi, I did not have the money for brand name condoms and so I just used this Doritos bag instead.
LOL This is perfect.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:38 PM   #143
blingbling
Zilvia Junkie

blingbling is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Now I have 2 children, no money, and my s13 is STILL ROCKS PRIMER.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:43 PM   #144
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
dead           
Old 07-23-2011, 08:49 PM   #145
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KA-Turbo View Post
There is this unexplainable thing Japan has that the US just doesn't collectively have. You can feel it in the air when you're there, when you see peoples cars over there - even the ones that don't look good - you can feel it coming from the car.
it's called pride in ownership-some people have it, some just don't
Old 07-23-2011, 09:14 PM   #146
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
It'll get sprayed at some point. Just not now
if you put the time and effort in you can make a cheap roller-paint job look fairly decent.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:36 PM   #147
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsdude View Post
it's called pride in ownership-some people have it, some just don't
I'm sure anyone with prior service understand when I say this, as it's all about

'attention to detail'

...that's what seperates the cool guys from the car guys.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 07-23-2011, 10:38 PM   #148
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Somebody buy this man a beer...Real talk!
Old 07-23-2011, 11:58 PM   #149
iamtheyi
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
if you put the time and effort in you can make a cheap roller-paint job look fairly decent.
I AM rollering it :]. Just finished prepping the car. A few little touch ups and I'm set to go. Starting next week on thursday .

Old 07-24-2011, 12:34 AM   #150
mkezzo16
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
mkezzo16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Digging this thread..i agree with you guys..even though im not an og 240sx dude and didnt have one back in the day..i been watching drifting since b4 it blew up in the US..and notice the changes ..only reason this wasnt my first ride cuz pops got me a clean mr2 b4 i even got my L's but i agree..keep ya car clean no matter what
Closed Thread