Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-08-2012, 09:49 AM   #61
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by '97 S14 SE Turbo View Post
Great way to have a literal splitting headache...
TY........ did you ever finish your car?
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2012, 12:11 PM   #62
'97 S14 SE Turbo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
'97 S14 SE Turbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to '97 S14 SE Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
If your 6'4"...
Doesn't matter in an accident... Still a great way to split one's head open...
'97 S14 SE Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:51 PM   #63
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
well good thing a roof brace is absolutely pointless and no one would ever buy that

derp
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:27 PM   #64
'97 S14 SE Turbo
Zilvia Member

Just a PSA. There are people out there that doesn't get it. Even the Do-Luck Tension Gage/cage is at risk of causing secondary impact injury in an accident.

Same goes for folks that drive with a halo bar/full cage without a helmet.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:02 PM   #65
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
One time I got killed by my Safety21 cage.

Came back to life though.
dope.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:21 PM   #66
MidwestMyriad
Zilvia FREAK!

MidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her selfMidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her self
Can I purchase said cage?
Old 04-08-2012, 03:26 PM   #67
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
One time I got killed by my Safety21 cage.

Came back to life though.
dope.
Pics or it didn't happpen

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:25 PM   #68
ZAKU
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
ZAKU is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Tanabe Fender Brace:

This looks TERRIBLE, how thin is that metal?
ZAKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:20 PM   #69
dazed
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (37)
dazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Just picked up a BNIB Do-Luck rear cross bar. It's for an S13. Anyone reckon it will fit an S14? I'm going to play around with it regardless.
dazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:38 PM   #70
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

MadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post
well good thing a roof brace is absolutely pointless and no one would ever buy that

derp
But its MoonFace and I like it.....
MadScientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:04 PM   #71
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Who makes cool-spec S13 fender braces that are low car friendly?

That Tanabe one does seem weak and useless since it is not triangulated, and most of the other braces I have seen look as if the tires would hit them on a low car.
How is the clearance on the Stealth Fab brace?
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:23 PM   #72
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedarcbr View Post
Are these things still available, and did they really make a difference?
Home Depot, get a piece of steel in the hardware section, cut it to size, drill two holes...done. Or even goto your local fab/metal shop they may even give you scraps that you could use.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:26 PM   #73
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
How is the clearance on the Stealth Fab brace?
The Fraz/Stealth fender brace fits awesome...in fact I have his Single piece upper strut brace with BMC stopper, and his front lower tension brace, all fit perfectly, overkill (good) in regard to construction, and came quickly. I'd suggest his bars to ANYONE. Sure they aren't pretty blue or green, but you can always paint them

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 04-08-2012, 08:31 PM   #74
dazed
Zilvia FREAK!

dazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the rough
My little contribution:

Carbing rear bar. Stupid long wait on it. Ebay special c-pillar as well.

Also as previously posted, I test fitted the S13 Do-Luck bar, and it doesn't fit.

So I'm putting it up for sale:

http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/44635...-bar-rare.html
Old 04-08-2012, 08:32 PM   #75
codyace
Post Whore!

I don't think any of the rear cross braces fit well. I had to modify the crap out of mine to make it work.

Old 04-08-2012, 08:35 PM   #76
dazed
Zilvia FREAK!

Well it was just a matter of me trying to put an S13 bar on an S14. I'm sure it will fit fine in the correct chassis.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:19 PM   #77
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaZeD View Post
Well it was just a matter of me trying to put an S13 bar on an S14. I'm sure it will fit fine in the correct chassis.
Which is funny as my bar that I modded for my s14, I gave to my good buddy and he only had to redrill the main hole to fit his s13 ...then again mine was a wacky off brand ebay one that I had won so who knows if the real deal ones would have made a difference.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:21 PM   #78
Matej
Post Whore!

Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Sure they aren't pretty blue or green, but you can always paint them
All my braces will be color-matched to the car anyway. Already painted over the lovely GTSpec and DC Sports colours.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:29 PM   #79
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
All my braces will be color-matched to my car anyway. Already painted over the lovely GTSpec and DC Sports colours.

How's the GTSpec stuff fit BTW?

Old 04-08-2012, 09:29 PM   #80
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (33)
smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
gt spec stuff fits perrrrrrrrfectly
Old 04-08-2012, 09:32 PM   #81
Matej
Post Whore!

Quote:

How's the GTSpec stuff fit BTW?
Only have the trunk brace, but it fits great. I plan to get the C-pillar bar in the future.

Still deciding whether I should order the Ultra Racing rear strut/trunk thing and hope it will fit under the GTSpec trunk brace, or just settle for a regular strut bar, either DC Sports or Stealth Fab.

I guess I could put hardened fender washers under the GTSpec brace if needed.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:57 PM   #82
sinnerstar

Trader Rating: (0)
sinnerstar is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any know what make this floor brace is I have in my skyline. Its like the normal b-pillar braces that run along the floor behind the front seats but it also has two side intrusion type bars and two smaller bars that tie into the rear inner seat mounts on the tunnel the ones that have studs not bolts. Not the best photo I know but its all I've got at the moment.

Kind of like this but with the added bars
sinnerstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:34 AM   #83
'97 S14 SE Turbo
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaZeD View Post
S14 RXB has a different end plate design compared to the S13 RXB end plate.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:33 AM   #84
az_240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
az_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to az_240
Quote:
I don't think any of the rear cross braces fit well. I had to modify the crap out of mine to make it work.
What did you have to modify? My DoLuck bar fit fine on my s14.

I didn't notice much of a difference until I added these things

Seat feels solid now.
az_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:57 AM   #85
MidwestMyriad
Zilvia FREAK!

MidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her selfMidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her self
Wait, why does your RXB not have the metal Do-Luck emblem? Or am I just not seeing it? (DaZeD)
Old 04-09-2012, 06:46 AM   #86
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by az_240 View Post
What did you have to modify? My DoLuck bar fit fine on my s14.

Seat feels solid now.

I had to modify the end plates, and by modify I mean cut the bar off them, re orient them, and then reweld the bars back to them. Again It may be becuase it was a Dubeloz (spelling) knock off from a while back (We're talking 5+ years easily).

I didn't have those slick little middle parts (great idea BTW), but I did tension the crap out of the bar and it seemed to make a difference...which is funny as it seems like it would be more of a cool guy brace than anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestMyriad View Post
Wait, why does your RXB not have the metal Do-Luck emblem? Or am I just not seeing it? (DaZeD)
I've had a lot of products that didn't look anything like their pictures, including the Tomei Oil Pan...you'd think it wasn't even from them.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:20 AM   #87
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

MadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really nice
I have Tomei Oil Pan... what you talk'n bout Willis?
MadScientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:22 AM   #88
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAKU View Post
This looks TERRIBLE, how thin is that metal?
The metal isn't thin IMO. It seemed like it would make a difference based purely on installation alone, but what do I know. I just bought them because they were COOL SPEC BRACES.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:41 AM   #89
kabukie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
kabukie is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kabukie
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestizo View Post
Yup still makes them... like I said just been on back order cuz of lack of brackets and end plates... but I will let him know that you're looking for that, we are currently in Long Beach for Formula Drift.
Awesome. I've sent him another PM, so please let him know. I bought a Cusco Tension brace for the time being, but I would rather have his product.
kabukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:17 AM   #90
MidwestMyriad
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Who makes cool-spec S13 fender braces that are low car friendly?
The Nams/Nagisa ones have plenty of clearance. I have had no rubbing issues ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by az_240 View Post
^Are those bolted through the floor? Or just adding upward tension by pushing the bar up?^

Celly drop..

Here's the badge...