Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-06-2012, 01:11 AM   #61
ryandh
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
ryandh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuTLaVvZ View Post
sweet . u got balls to drive around in that
It's bond released, i'm not worried about it.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:57 AM   #62
OuTLaVvZ
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
OuTLaVvZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
if only we could legally drive sr20s ..
OuTLaVvZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:46 AM   #63
ditchs14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
ditchs14 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuTLaVvZ View Post
if only we could legally drive sr20s ..

move to another state lol
ditchs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:26 AM   #64
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
In south Florida I'd get pulled over on the regular, emost of the time for exhaust tickets...

In north Florida I haven't been pulled over once in 4 years.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:18 AM   #65
Terzzzz
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Terzzzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
In Wyoming, we have no emissions laws whatsoever, diesel guys literally smoke out intersections all the time, once I've seen an accident afterwards cuz noone could see it across the intersection.
For 2 weeks straight I drove with NO hood when i was getting it clear coated, (blatantly showing my SR20DET), with NO front bumper showing my huge fmic and NO front turn signals, NO front lisence plate, NO rear bumper just a bash bar with my lisence plate zip tied to it, and straight piped and super low scraping pavement.... NEVER been pulled over for it =) I love driving down to Colorado for drift events where they do have emissions in some countys and the cops can't do anything about it when they see my Wyoming plates!
Terzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:45 AM   #66
OutlawLui
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
OutlawLui is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
My bro got away driving around in his 97" Mustang , Flat Black, Black wheels, with no p/s, no Smog stuff, Dual Flowmasters, and Drag slicks...and never got pulled over

Last edited by OutlawLui; 09-06-2012 at 11:03 AM..
OutlawLui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:20 AM   #67
SuperBlackS14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
SuperBlackS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terzzzz View Post
In Wyoming, we have no emissions laws whatsoever, diesel guys literally smoke out intersections all the time, once I've seen an accident afterwards cuz noone could see it across the intersection.
For 2 weeks straight I drove with NO hood when i was getting it clear coated, (blatantly showing my SR20DET), with NO front bumper showing my huge fmic and NO front turn signals, NO front lisence plate, NO rear bumper just a bash bar with my lisence plate zip tied to it, and straight piped and super low scraping pavement.... NEVER been pulled over for it =) I love driving down to Colorado for drift events where they do have emissions in some countys and the cops can't do anything about it when they see my Wyoming plates!
Can verify this, was driving in Wyoming before I could drive, in bare feet, and no permit. Cops drove right past me, and I looked about 12 at the time... They really didn't seem to care, mind you this was a while ago. But I was driving a green Dakota at the time.

Also, Sick Skyline Ryandh
Old 09-06-2012, 11:15 AM   #68
MR.RMSCHIKO
Leaky Injector

MR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud of
i thank god i live in florida we don't have any somg test etc. my friend drives his caged f20c corolla around and cops never mess with him .
MR.RMSCHIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:40 AM   #69
omgRWDgoodness!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (48)
omgRWDgoodness! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
In south Florida I'd get pulled over on the regular, emost of the time for exhaust tickets...
Gonna have to call BS. I've been driving around with full 3" piping and canister muffler for almost 3 years with both KA (loud) and then RB, and not once did cops even mention my exhaust out of all the times I've been pulled over.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:43 PM   #70
YA DIG
Zilvia Member

YA DIG is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryandh View Post
There is a reason why my R33 is bone stock. It's bad enough my car is hellajdm tyteness baller status. To drive around in so cal with in a modified skyline is suicide...
My hommie Ryan used to daily his slammed all tubbed out with s13 vins, BOSS, you sir have a beautiful car.
YA DIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:54 PM   #71
RiskyRick
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
RiskyRick is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It's been 4 years since the last time I was pulled over, and I've driven some pretty large cop targets i.e. bright red f-bodys, mustangs, corvettes, old chevelles, etc. Missouri cops seem to be pretty chill about modified cars, and as long as you actually have A muffler, they won't normally say anything about your exhaust. The only instance that I have heard about lately where somebody was even talked to about their mods was a few months ago when a local kid got pulled over for speeding but didn't get clocked. All they did was say slow down and give him a warning for the loud "not stock" exhaust on his honda.

Basically you can drive whatever around here, but on the other hand, if they catch you street racing, they will bust your ass.
RiskyRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:11 PM   #72
TwistnItSideways
Leaky Injector

TwistnItSideways is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a mostly stock Ka24e with no muffler and a cracked exhaust pipe(muffler fell off)

and kid before me put stickers on it. it has one saying 0-60 eventually and its slow on it i dont mind it since it keeps pesky hondas off but i havnt gotten pulled over yet.
TwistnItSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:41 PM   #73
Akiros
Zilvia FREAK!

Akiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Akiros
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_crew10 View Post
So to conclude OP, homie cops will pull you over op so watch your back. It doesn't help if you live in Arkansas like me as a minority with a car that attracts police's attention. Just saying.
hello outlander!

but lol at cops from Arkansas being bad (unless it's certain parts of North Little Rock and some of the more rural police can be dickheads sometimes).

Also, I'm white so I might not get what you're talking about. Its just that your car is nice, and the only reason I'd see you getting negative attention would be from driving reckless in an attention grabbing car. California, however, I'd see it being a legit statistically accurate catalyst of a thing.

but at the end of the day, id say the jank cars are police attention grabbers more than racial profiling.
Akiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:25 PM   #74
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Never. Knock on wood but my car is not janky ass shit. I live in So Cal

Last edited by usdm180sx; 09-08-2012 at 11:05 PM..
usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:54 PM   #75
Kenzo
Leaky Injector

Kenzo is an unknown quantity at this point
I can't speak for all cops, only myself. I work in Philly which is pretty much on the way to becoming a new Detroit. I don't stop anything because it "looks" illegal. Only things I stop are actual infractions in the PA MVC. I don't give tickets either unless you are an asshole or you do something completely stupid.
I will say this, I run almost every S13 and other enjoyable cars to make sure they aren't in stolen status and to get familiar with what belongs where in the neighborhood in case things do get stolen.

On a side note, I love the look of shock and stupidity on S13 owners faces when I start asking about their engine swaps. I guess cops can't have hobbies, lol.

I did however get stopped numerous times in my old red s13 hatch, only got tickets once for doing 101 in a 45 on I-95. My black hatch with CA18, 3" J-pipe back into a RS*R Invidia and loud as fuck BOV has only gotten me attention for expired stickers when I first bought it.
Kenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:17 PM   #76
R33E8
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
R33E8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Not really... I gotten 1 in my ka-t for accelerating too fast in the 4 years I had.. 3 in my stock s14 for speeding, mvc error, and inspection sticker in the first 6 months including the day I got it...

Last edited by R33E8; 09-07-2012 at 05:47 AM..
R33E8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:55 PM   #77
isaac5021
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
isaac5021 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
black s13 with uras kit and overs slammed in oc 3 years only been pulled in my in current car cause i was being a dumbass on the freeway. CHP pulled me over for a exhaust even tho is was quiet and a rsr(im sure its cause i went 125 on the 22 ) popped my hood on my sr mostly stock but very stock looking nothing flashy he said i work hard for this car and let me go.
isaac5021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:23 AM   #78
Kingbaby
Zilvia Junkie

Kingbaby is an unknown quantity at this point
I won't go into my driving record...

Cop lights!

pull over
hazards
hands at 10 and 2

no liscense
no registration
no insurance

respect the officer and speak when spoken to

Get away with murder every time
#0191 "Lin'da" 2AMR>2AMR>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
That's pretty cool. Never sell it, you'll regret it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisastickup View Post
I donut see an FC on this page, man
Kingbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:52 AM   #79

LOADING... is an unknown quantity at this point

I had My 97 for almost two years now and i've gotten pulled over maybe twice and my wife once.... some cops here in hawaii are nice and some are asshole's. depends on what area your in.... also does not help that my car is like 5 different colors atm lol
Old 09-07-2012, 07:52 AM   #80
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
I've been pulled over 11 times in the ten years I have been driving. Three times I got tickets, all for speeding and all 14+ MPH over the speed limit, reduced to 5 MPH over. The other times were for random things like aftermarket tail lights, license plate bulb, and noisy exhaust. Most of the times I have been pulled over were in my 94 Camry winter beater- go figure, lol.

I've only been pulled in the 240 once, on the way home from Broadfield's BBQ last year. He said my exhaust was too loud, but I didn't live in Illinois so he gave me a warning. Had me sit in his car with him while he wrote the warning and BS with him, which was really weird.

"Why do you have all them bars in your car?" lol.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:05 AM   #81
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
on the car e
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgRWDgoodness! View Post
Gonna have to call BS. I've been driving around with full 3" piping and canister muffler for almost 3 years with both KA (loud) and then RB, and not once did cops even mention my exhaust out of all the times I've been pulled over.

Well, consider yourself lucky. When i drive in SFL I just expect to get pulled over.

I've been pulled over and written a ticket for aftermarket exhaust in Coral Springs, Galt Ocean Mile, Boca Raton, and Lighthouse Point.

According to Florida law, it is illegal to replace ANY part of your exhaust system with a non OEM piece, even a muffler tip.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:43 AM   #82
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
^Havent heard that one before. Ive been pulled over twice by FHP, and twice by locals and neither time did they say anything about my exhaust.
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:48 PM   #83
Drose
Leaky Injector

Drose is an unknown quantity at this point
I live insouthern Nevada. My car is pretty stock looking with just wheels, pretty low, and his exhaust. I drive like a grandma. I used to live in hendsrson which is a nice suburb area. I got pulled over a couple times in one year all for bs reasons but no tickets. The cops are Nazis. They always turn around and follow me. It literally gives me anxiety to drive in this area.

Now I lived in Vegas for over 2 years. Been pulled over twice. Once for a burnt out headlight, and obscene for running a stop sign in a neighborhood. Only been followed twice. Guess it just matters what area you live in. Not driving around like an idiot in a pos car also helps.
Drose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:30 PM   #84
silvia1991
Leaky Injector

silvia1991 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have no License, Daily drift/drive a 240 thats an inch off the ground, low key exhaust, flat black. mild tint, and i have never been pulled over once.
silvia1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:29 PM   #85
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

BoostSlideWayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to BoostSlideWayz Send a message via Yahoo to BoostSlideWayz
The down fall to owning an mkiv is every cop just focuses on you every time you drive by.. Ive actually gotten used to going the exact speed limit maybe 5-10 miles over max. And when ever im trying to cruise past an officer i try to just hold that perfect RPM where the car quiets down a bit.

How ever my s13.. well im actually scare to drive that on public roads. California sucks, and i built my car specifically for drift. Its not finished but i do sometimes drive it around the block to do little bits of adjusting/tuning etc. Luckly i live on private roads so ive passed officers sometimes on these roads but they cant pull you over unless someone calls the on you. But soon as i pass that boundary line and onto public roads .. im not sure what can happen. Ive owned this car for 4 years and its only been on public roads twice.. ive only driven it maybe 100 miles out of those 4 years 1. because of the slow build. and 2. because i dont want y car impounded for illegal modifications or a huge fix it ticket. So its not something im looking for. How ever ill have to over come that fear because i cant expect to just let it sit in my drive way for ever. I need to get it out there and actually find a place to practice drifting for the first time !
Old 09-08-2012, 10:51 PM   #86
shinobis13hb
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
shinobis13hb is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
DD RHD s14 kouki deep fuscia purple with RB26. Cops pulled me over took my license from me, expired and suspended .. I had no idea ( took care of it all next day of course) they just let me go. Greddy DD EXHAUST too. They just said have a good night. Key is just be you and be honest.
shinobis13hb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:34 AM   #87
mowgli 240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (14)
mowgli 240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
i daily my rhd s14 with stock ka got pulled over in montclair bcuz my license plate was not bolted on correctly in front.

but overall only been pulled over twice within the year. just drive cool and calm.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:49 AM   #88
handinpants
FreshColdBeer.com

Trader Rating: (48)
handinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via AIM to handinpants
I live in a nice part of los angeles, and when i had my first sr s13 black lowered, i got pulled over once fer speeding and a second time for accelerating too fast onto a freeway, never had a hood pop during those times, i once voluntarily popped my hood to ask duo of 2 chp guys what would be illegal under the hood of "the car i just bought" one asked why i had two cold air intake pipes, the other one told me to paint my intercooler piping black, or make it look as stock as possible.
then with my second s13 I had powder coated candy tangerine wheels on a misty blue colored car, and never got pulled over in that.

I honestly feel if you look like your suspicious the police will give you a hard time, so if you hanging out with a bunch of street racers doing questionable things then you have to worry, other than that i wouldnt really worry about it. just make sure all your tail lights are working, and dont give them a reason to pull you over.

also i saw someone posted that they don't have a license and they drive / drift on the street daily, hopefully your an adult, and have enough money to get that thing out of impound after they give you a thirty day hold, if not, i will prolly buy your car at the OPG auction in 41 days from when it gets impounded )

If you do get pulled over for speeding hopefully the cop will cite you for cvc 22350, read this and go to court.

handinpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:34 AM   #89
eek
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (29)
eek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
As long as you don't act like a typical punk kid cool guy doing stupid shit with your car you will not get bothered. Drive "NORMAL" like every other driver and cops will let you pass on by. Its the people with multi-colored, stupid loud cars trying to stunt everywhere they go with their sticker bombed cars acting cool that get pulled over.

The last time I got pulled over with my S14 SR (2years ago) it was because I wanted to open it up on a on ramp at 3am. Just my luck there was a CHP (california highway patrol) that was on the freeway I was merging onto and saw me get on it. I got some shit for it, but I stayed calm and cool, was polite and respectful to the first officer. The second officer came up to me and was like "look don't bullshit me, what do you got?" I paused, and before I could answer he asked "is it a SR?" I replied "yes, sir" and he went off lecturing me how he could impound it and so on. First officer comes back, tells me sorry my partner is being a dick, and told me to slow down and drive safe.

Keep in mind my car has a full TI-exhaust, kitted, rims, etc and they never asked me to pop the hood or complained about the noise.
eek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:21 AM   #90
EJ8 944
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
EJ8 944 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I've never received tickets or been pulled over much in my life, but the past year that I've come and gone to Socal, I've been pulled over 3 times, and ticketed every single time. All 3 times I did something I probably shouldn't have done.
1. Entered left turning lane too early
2. Rolling through a stop sign, Cop even told me the California roll is cool, but I did it too fast.
3. Turning left out of a parking lot that had a no left turn sign.

So yes, tickets, but my bad for sure. All 3 times they asked my about my Utah plates, and I have to explain to them I'm visiting again. They probably think I'm lying cause they probably see my ticket history lol
EJ8 944 is offline   Reply With Quote