Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-09-2012, 11:28 AM   #91
Creww562
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (0)
Creww562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
fuck tickets just paid over 4 grand and prbably cus my hatch has been primer for awhilee
Creww562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2012, 12:03 PM   #92
slydin240sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
slydin240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creww562 View Post
just paid over 4 grand and prbably cus my hatch has been primer for awhilee
Yeah I'm sure that's why.
slydin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #93
240Cali
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (4)
240Cali is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
you are soooo lucky you didnt go to jail my friend lol someones watching over you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
143mph in a 65 in NJ. I was counting the cash in my wallet for bail money.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:51 PM   #94
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostSlideWayz View Post
I need to get it out there and actually find a place to practice drifting for the first time !
The track would probably be a good first place. Keep it off the streets.
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:33 PM   #95
EJ8 944
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
EJ8 944 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
It's not just a good "first" place, but the track is "THE" place to practice up.
EJ8 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:12 AM   #96
DenkiMan!
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
DenkiMan! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
ive got a very stock s14, lowered and a really loud welded lol. my va safety inspection sticker expired last august but luckily the car was in florida from then onto december. then took it back to my then home in md and parked it there (due to damage at the track) till i got back from school for the summer. pretty much drove all over dmv with a 1 year expired safety inspection as if i didnt have it. cops didnt care at all. just got my safety renewed last august. i found this kind of funny because when my dad moved to va, and only his 3rd day as an actual resident there, he was pulled over for not having the sticker in his window, at night lol.

however ive only been pulled over twice, once in the 240. first was the 2nd year i had my license, and i had a super ricey eclipse lol. i was doing 82 in a 55 in va, which is considered reckless driving. went go to court to get it dropped to a speeding ticket. and this summer actually when i was stopped doing around 90 in a 45 zone, but the cop just gave me a lecture, quick pen test to make sure i wasnt drunk and he let me go. someone was looking over me that night for sure.
Looking for another pair of 17x9 Veilside Andrew Racing V's
DenkiMan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:00 AM   #97
matt_240sx

matt_240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissansota240 View Post
I enjoy driving in the Twin Cites for the most part, most the troopers on the highway don't care to much about your car, as long as your not being stupid. Rolled down 35 for at least a half mile right along side one, he didn't care about anything on the car. Although I can't say the same for the cops in the suburbs, also depends on what time of day your driving around at, much more likely to be pulled over at night.
This. Never gotten pulled over in my car since I've owned it. Although I was followed home one night a few months ago. But that's the only incident I've had since I moved here.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:41 AM   #98
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
it depends on the area.

Burbank, you're done.
LA, they dont give a shit.

Keep your front plate on the bumper and run no tint, and no shitty loud exhaust or huge window stickers.
You do that and you will be fine.

I would bet this is about 1/3 of what i have now days
My god, your insurance company must LOVE you huh?
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:22 PM   #99
smoked240
Zilvia FREAK!

smoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via MSN to smoked240
Nice to see more people from MN on here. Got pulled over a few times after the swap and never really got anything but speeding. Exhaust ticket but I got that dropped from getting pulled over twice in 2 miles by different cops. First said it was illegal and second had me rev it and he said it sounded awesome and not too loud and then let me go.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:52 PM   #100
Ramonesfreak2010
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Ramonesfreak2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews

All me. lol
Ramonesfreak2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:26 PM   #101
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
To all you idiots posting pics/bragging about how many times you've been pulled over, would you like a certificate of being a complete douchebag?
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:33 PM   #102
Jake240

Jake240 is an unknown quantity at this point
KA

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post
To all you idiots posting pics/bragging about how many times you've been pulled over, would you like a certificate of being a complete douchebag?
no ones bragging. would you like a certificate of being a fucking parent. hop off
Old 09-10-2012, 01:42 PM   #103
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake240 View Post
no ones bragging. would you like a certificate of being a fucking parent. hop off
Says the guy who can't differentiate a car and an RC car. But just for you, I'll be sure to do that.

Thread was not only derailed but we got douchebags in here that want internet gratification from other males. It's all good, carry on.
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:49 PM   #104
OutlawLui
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
OutlawLui is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Old 09-10-2012, 01:56 PM   #105
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
9 times out of 10 you get pulled over because you're driving like a jackass, not because your car is modified. Pulling you over and popping your hood is just a shitload of paperwork to most cops and cops don't like paperwork. Most people are not really paying much attention when they're driving and they never even see the cop. Most of the time if you were just paying attention and concentrating on driving, rather than jacking off, you will see the cop ahead of time and be fine. Also driving around in the loudest, lowest, POS with mis-matched paint and shit hanging off the bottom of the car will get the cop's attention. I would pull most 240 owners and pop their hoods if I was a cop. Too many of you guys are driving around in cars similar to those described above.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:59 PM   #106
VAs13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
VAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
got pulled over in the S15 once in the two years i owned it and it was on my move out of state. Trooper pulled me over walked up to my passanger window(left side) and was like........ then proceeded to my side. He just merely informed me that i had a tag light out and that my exhaust was illegal, he had asked when i put it on and i said yesterday. Needless to say i got a warning and that was it.
VAs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:59 PM   #107
Mofuhcka
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Mofuhcka is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
says the guy who can't differentiate a car and an rc car. But just for you, i'll be sure to do that.
hahahahahahahahahah
Old 09-10-2012, 02:00 PM   #108
mantas
Zilvia Addict

mantas is an unknown quantity at this point
I've only been pulled over a few times in my s14 but mainly because i was being a moron. One time i punched it down a hill on a highway because the california drivers like to line up on a highway and do 55mph blocking all lanes when there is no one ahead of them. Well i didnt get pulled over but as courtesy to the officer i pulled off the highway and the chp pulled up to me, told me not weave in and out of traffic because it scares other people and told me its a dead giveaway that im speeding. He told me to be safe and have a good day.

The second time was because i was in a buslane and i knew it but had to make a right turn. He asked if my car was modified, i said look its oem nissan parts all around. Which is true in a way - minus the rims and exhaust. He said dont bullshit me i used to have one of these cars, then he gave me a warning and let me go.

When it comes to my other cars ive gotten no registration, no plate, rolled a stop sign, and carpool. I did not even bother talking my way out of them because i didnt want to piss the cops off knowing that i was in the wrong each time.

On the other hand ive had cops give me a nod, wave, smile, so i its not like they are just out to get you, dont be a douche and you wont be treated like one.

It all comes down to how you drive and what you drive. And i think its a lot cheaper to buy tires and pay for a track day than pay for traffic violations. My 2 cents...
mantas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:04 PM   #109
Matt191
Leaky Injector

Matt191 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terzzzz View Post
In Wyoming, we have no emissions laws whatsoever, diesel guys literally smoke out intersections all the time, once I've seen an accident afterwards cuz noone could see it across the intersection.
For 2 weeks straight I drove with NO hood when i was getting it clear coated, (blatantly showing my SR20DET), with NO front bumper showing my huge fmic and NO front turn signals, NO front lisence plate, NO rear bumper just a bash bar with my lisence plate zip tied to it, and straight piped and super low scraping pavement.... NEVER been pulled over for it =) I love driving down to Colorado for drift events where they do have emissions in some countys and the cops can't do anything about it when they see my Wyoming plates!
Never seen anyone on here from Wyoming! It is nice to meet a fellow Wyomingite on Zilvia. But I drove my hatch around for a week with no problems(in the same condition as your's) but my friend was doing burn outs in my car and got caught so I had to legal up my car! Wyoming is truly a great place if you want to get away with running an sr
Matt191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #110
HB JDM
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
HB JDM is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I dont know if it helps having 3 cops living on my street and another 5 in my neighborhood that see my car daily with no hood or bumper on when im working on it lol (stock sr but its pretty shiny haha) but they never give me trouble. I try to follow all road rules, not cut people off and drive nice and clean besides speeding 5-10 over occasionally. Ive only actually been pulled over once for my car and the cop just wanted to know what kind of exhaust I had (Espiler GT500) and just said watch out for high way patrol since its kind of loud, other than that Ive been pulled over for speeding once and the cop was trying to tell me my speedometer was off by 20mph in a stock coupe.... Hell even last night a cop followed me for a minute with expired tags and didnt pull me over.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:40 PM   #111
ericcastro
Post Whore!

ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
My god, your insurance company must LOVE you huh?
All fix it tickets.
No change to insurance

Quote:
Umm, would you like a certificate about making GIANT assumptions??
But hey, make snap judgements on things you know NOTHING about and try and guess who is being a douche

Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
9 times out of 10 you get pulled over because you're driving like a jackass, not because your car is modified. Pulling you over and popping your hood is just a shitload of paperwork to most cops and cops don't like paperwork. Most people are not really paying much attention when they're driving and they never even see the cop. Most of the time if you were just paying attention and concentrating on driving, rather than jacking off, you will see the cop ahead of time and be fine. Also driving around in the loudest, lowest, POS with mis-matched paint and shit hanging off the bottom of the car will get the cop's attention. I would pull most 240 owners and pop their hoods if I was a cop. Too many of you guys are driving around in cars similar to those described above.
Never.

Most tickets are from Burbank.
22 or so of them where right when my car was fresh out of paint, looked mint and was quite.
Just Burbank PD.
Small town.
Bored cops (i called the cops at 1am on a person hitting his wife on the road side once, within 2 minutes, over 12 cop cars and over 24 officers, the watch captain was trying to get them to get back inthier cars and go back to the station)
Tons of money from studios that are technically in thier zone. (Disney, Warner Brothers....)
Racist department. (im half mexican)

Of course, this is the same department that is under FBI investigation and the Chief Blew his own brains out when they started to look into his stuff. I like to feel my police reports/complaints i filed added to it

And BTW, most of the time my hood was popped, a third of the time i was taken out and me and the car searched. and almost 75% of the time i never fixed what i got signed off.
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:30 PM   #112
ghoti
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
ghoti is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
And BTW, most of the time my hood was popped, a third of the time i was taken out and me and the car searched. and almost 75% of the time i never fixed what i got signed off.
What were you supposed to fix anyways?
Does Burbank PD just sign off fix it tickets without checking anymore
ghoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:52 AM   #113
Kenzo
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Kenzo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I appreciate it when drivers are respectful and don't act like spoiled brats and question what I saw. "I didn't run that stop sign" I'm sure your car can accelerate to 40 mph in about 1/3 of a second from a complete stop you smacked ass. Just be straight with me and there are no tickets involved. As Racepar1 said, there is an assload of paperwork for every carstop I do. Tickets are handwritten here, as well as the actual contact form for the stop. I also have to enter the information on an electronic form that is goddam identical to the contact sheet. Ass backwards process for a huge department like ours.

Most cops aren't just some dickhead who gets his rocks off by giving tickets and exerting their "power" over you. Me, I'm an easygoing guy, I'd rather look at your engine and ask how you enjoy the engine and what issues you have. It's hard for most 240 owners around here to grasp that my "toy" is a CA powered POS. Again, I don't speak for all cops, I'll admit there are some that are just miserable jerkoffs that need to find another job. Don't like what you do for a living? Quit. I work for the public, I am employed because they have a need for police officers... except North Philly, F them. J/K
Kenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:40 AM   #114
EsChassisLove
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
EsChassisLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
I live in San Diego with a fully built SR20, external wastegate thats dumped and a GReddy S BOV. It's loud as shit and cops hear it all the time.

I never get pulled over there. Ever.

You guys are doing it wrong lol
Old 09-11-2012, 05:24 PM   #115
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Never.

Most tickets are from Burbank.
22 or so of them where right when my car was fresh out of paint, looked mint and was quite.
Just Burbank PD.
Small town.
Bored cops (i called the cops at 1am on a person hitting his wife on the road side once, within 2 minutes, over 12 cop cars and over 24 officers, the watch captain was trying to get them to get back inthier cars and go back to the station)
Tons of money from studios that are technically in thier zone. (Disney, Warner Brothers....)
Racist department. (im half mexican)

Of course, this is the same department that is under FBI investigation and the Chief Blew his own brains out when they started to look into his stuff. I like to feel my police reports/complaints i filed added to it

That "wall of tickets" photo is old, this is definitely not the first time I've seen it. I'm pretty sure those are from when your car was really busted. I would totally have pulled THAT car over, LOL! It could also be the rollcage too in the new car, that's kind of obvious... Besides all that, everyone knows that burbank pretty much sucks ass, haha. It's not so much the people that live there or the area, it's the douchebags that run the place and of course your favorite police department.

I've personally never had a problem with cops. I've never even once had my hood popped, never gotten a fix-it ticked for a mod, and have never been harassed or hassled by any cop for anything. Even when I was totally in the wrong it was a minimal hassle and I usually didn't get a ticket of any kind.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:44 PM   #116
Siberian Husky
Zilvia Junkie

Siberian Husky is on a distinguished road
I remember getting pulled over when I had my em1, and my rb s13. Driving like an asshat with a welded diff and running rich as a pig.

In fact, one night after getting gas I was pullin' out and my welded diff would chirp on low speed tight turns, well according to the officer who promptly pulled me over I "made a burn out." He popped me, took one long hard look at my rb25 and said "yeah that's definitely illegal." Probably felt sorry for my ass and just let me off with an exhaust fix-it after explaining to him that my differential makes chirpy sounds on turns due to rotational equilibrium. I doubt he truly gave a fuck and I'm sure I just got off lucky.

The most I've ever been pulled over though is when I drove my STi. Jesus, if I have a nickel for every time I had to explain that the spoiler and scoop/intercooler was factory. So maybe exteriors are bigger catalysts for getting pulled than anything else.

Come to think of it, I got pulled a lot when I drove my mom's minivan for a while. I got pulled twice on one night just going to get milk; second officer made me walk home cause I didn't have my license on me--Safeway was 6 blocks from my house!

Come to think of it I've been pulled a lot; I posted with the intention on trying to identify certain car-related things that would increase the likelihood of getting pulled but I'm sure we know what those are. I'm sure much of me being pulled over for has to do with me being brown and bald though.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:12 PM   #117
godzillarb
Zilvia Junkie

godzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to all
To everyone saying "just drive normal": of the 6 times I've been pulled over in a 240, 5 of those were just cruising at or below the speed limit. I got pulled over in the middle of nowhere at 2am when my car was pretty quiet and had fresh paint. Cop said that my license plate light was out and "just wanted to see who you were and where you were going." He was probably just bored. The day I bought my first 240 I was pulled over twice within 10 minutes for looking suspicious. The car which was completely stock with a 26 swap and they drug searched as well. Ironically, of those 6 times I received no tickets and no written warnings.

Edit: I'm a skinny white dude, but apparently look "guilty" all the time.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:40 PM   #118
mantas
Zilvia Addict

mantas is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by godzillarb View Post
To everyone saying "just drive normal": of the 6 times I've been pulled over in a 240, 5 of those were just cruising at or below the speed limit. I got pulled over in the middle of nowhere at 2am when my car was pretty quiet and had fresh paint. Cop said that my license plate light was out and "just wanted to see who you were and where you were going." He was probably just bored. The day I bought my first 240 I was pulled over twice within 10 minutes for looking suspicious. The car which was completely stock with a 26 swap and they drug searched as well. Ironically, of those 6 times I received no tickets and no written warnings.

Edit: I'm a skinny white dude, but apparently look "guilty" all the time.
Probably thought you were a tweaker that just boosted a car. Hahaha. No offense but i think that when i see really skinny white people.
mantas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:34 PM   #119
OaxKouki
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
OaxKouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I get pulled over pretty frequently. My kouki has JDM aero and gold wheels, that's usually what first draws their attention. Then they run my plates, I have a personalized ASU plate. Apparently someone else has the exact same plate as I do in a regular Arizona plate. But in the system mine shows up with an "A" prefix in front of it, I assume that just designates its and ASU plate. Of course I have to explain this story over and over again, lucky for me I look pretty innocent so I have yet to get any sort of ticket.
OaxKouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:11 PM   #120
zneubauer
Zilvia Addict

zneubauer is an unknown quantity at this point
I get pulled over in spurts. I'll go a couple months of no attention whatsoever then BAM, I get pulled over twice a week for a month but its slowed down quite a bit since I do the speed limit and daily a Jeep. driving like an ass is overrated.
zneubauer is offline   Reply With Quote