Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-12-2012, 09:35 PM   #31
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Yeah, if they built a ka24de genesis crate motor I doubt many zilvians would buy it. But it would be cool if they made a reytec harness and every possible bolt on for the ka

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2012, 09:45 PM   #32
MrSanchez925
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
MrSanchez925 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Lol why are people complaining? Who cares if the motor is old. Shit so is the 240 and I dont here anyone bitching about new parts being made.
MrSanchez925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:57 PM   #33
DJ-of-E
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
DJ-of-E is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecusa View Post
great idea just 10 years too late.
if it was megan racing making more stuff for KA24 it
would make sense, for tomei to make stuff for a old motor doesn't.
when it comes to manufacturering, most of the cost is tooling and R&D.
if I were Tomei manager I would rather make engine
parts for LSX.
like last year SEMA I saw a Dry Carbon intake manifold for LS motor that make
sense.
I know a person with an LS2 engine in an RX-7. Let me tell you, after riding shotgun at the track hitting below 2 minutes a lap @ buttonwillow while car not even feeling remotely front heavy...I am a believer in the LSX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocn View Post
its not "DRIFT" tax its a "IDIOT" tax Period!
DJ-of-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:12 PM   #34
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-of-E View Post
I know a person with an LS2 engine in an RX-7. Let me tell you, after riding shotgun at the track hitting below 2 minutes a lap @ buttonwillow while car not even feeling remotely front heavy...I am a believer in the LSX.
i believe the majority of a LSX weight is distributed around the transmission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecusa View Post
great idea just 10 years too late.
if it was megan racing making more stuff for KA24 it
would make sense, for tomei to make stuff for a old motor doesn't.
when it comes to manufacturering, most of the cost is tooling and R&D.
if I were Tomei manager I would rather make engine
parts for LSX.
like last year SEMA I saw a Dry Carbon intake manifold for LS motor that make
sense.

Tomei may be a little late to the KA Game yes... but they have a good argument. SR20s are becoming harder to get in the states, KAs are a little bit more abundant over here than SRs and there's no big name company making parts for the KA. Look at greddy, they made a KA-T Kit... If I had the option to buy just the exhaust manifold from greddy I would have but I cannot do that so I won't buy their kit. Also, they released a header for the KA. The header maybe was released a little too early in the game, before KA's became popular so they discontinued it. KAs are now popular engines to build so there is a growing demand for it.

Plus, Tomei just started making stuff for 1jz/2jz engines. Seems like it was a smart move for them to enter that market even though that engine is so old.
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:30 PM   #35
jorge1190
Zilvia Junkie

jorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to all
I feel like this would be great for RHD/LHD fitment on different parts.
jorge1190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:32 PM   #36
jesse_s13
Nissanaholic!

jesse_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
This is a great find for me
Old 10-12-2012, 10:57 PM   #37
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Yashio imported a 240SX to Japan a while ago, and all they ended up doing was install an exhaust on the car and make a cool video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mQBJUtfQaE&showinfo=0&iv_load_policy=3&vq=hd1080
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:12 PM   #38
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Yashio imported a 240SX to Japan a while ago, and all they ended up doing was install an exhaust on the car and make a cool video.
damn..that sounds like a beasty ass KA? if its indeed a KA?
S-Nation S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:25 AM   #39
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
pretty sure yashio scrapped the KA plan because they wouldn't get it done in time for tokyo auto salon. So they put an sr20 in it last minute. It was supposed to be some cool new project or some shit way back in the day. Old news/vid, I can't remember what all they did to the ka but I believe they left it NA then threw a turbo on later. I can't remember as this was done years ago. The worst that can happen is Tomei starts diving into the KA, realizes it has a shit ton of potential and makes all the JDM fanboy's think its a cool motor now. 10 years ago this thread would be full of, "why, its a junky truck motor because super street says so." It is funny how much misinformation is still out there about the KA to. I hope they do it big and make it shine. I have an idea of what could potentially happen and it will be to funny if it does.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:28 AM   #40
sil80d
Zilvia Addict

sil80d is an unknown quantity at this point
Is that an auto ka that they imported? Looks like it to me
sil80d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:35 PM   #41
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sil80d View Post
Is that an auto ka that they imported? Looks like it to me
Sure is. Probably a lot easier to find an unmolested auto 240 than an unmolested stick.
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:11 PM   #42
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Frank_Jaeger is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg View Post
pretty sure yashio scrapped the KA plan because they wouldn't get it done in time for tokyo auto salon. So they put an sr20 in it last minute. It was supposed to be some cool new project or some shit way back in the day. Old news/vid, I can't remember what all they did to the ka but I believe they left it NA then threw a turbo on later. I can't remember as this was done years ago. The worst that can happen is Tomei starts diving into the KA, realizes it has a shit ton of potential and makes all the JDM fanboy's think its a cool motor now. 10 years ago this thread would be full of, "why, its a junky truck motor because super street says so." It is funny how much misinformation is still out there about the KA to. I hope they do it big and make it shine. I have an idea of what could potentially happen and it will be to funny if it does.
No thanks. I like my obscure and cheap platform with healthy potential. The more KA disinformation the better!

Whoops, old thread revival.
Frank_Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #43
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
since this is an old(er) thread, i wonder has anyone heard of anything coming down the line from Tomei ?
Old 06-18-2013, 12:33 PM   #44
yomisiu
Nissanaholic!

yomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her self
Tomei realized USDM sucks and crushed the car.
yomisiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:53 PM   #45
s14boy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (26)
s14boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
since this is an old(er) thread, i wonder has anyone heard of anything coming down the line from Tomei ?
a little birdie told me they are still working on the ka also with a possibility of a part or two by the end of the summer but no promises yet. they are currently working on the bottom end at the moment

will deffinatly be producing at some point and i cant wait
-head gasket
-camshafts(not sure what specs they will be offering yet)
-cam gears(this is a much needed product for the ka)
-turbo kit: this kit is being bassed off the sr20 kit so it will be able to utilize the sr turbo, down pipe, and cat back exhaust already made for the sr.
slight chance of
-Pistons
-Rods

hope this helps
-Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomisiu View Post
Tomei realized USDM sucks and crushed the car.
cars still in great condition but is in manny pieces

-Mike
s14boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #46
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I highly doubt the turbo is going to be emissions legal leaving a lot of us still in the same place as before. It is nice to see them in the game now but its not like they are doing much that has not already been done for the KA with the exception of cam gears.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:45 PM   #47
s14boy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (26)
s14boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
i see your point but tomei has some great prices for the parts and performance they offer so i see this as a huge potential, but will have to wait and see. also i hope they consider an intake manifold to add to the list.

-Mike
s14boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:05 PM   #48
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
I know that the parts s14boy said are true, they are working to make them come out as soon as they can. I think even ka oil-pan is in the mix. Just stay tuned. Check their blog @
TOMEI POWERED INTERNATIONAL

But you will know when the stuff is out. The 10 years too late talk is dumb when comparing it to the sr20det and people STILL make parts for that engine and it was never even sold here.

I am just excited to see this idea come to fruition
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:31 PM   #49
Maikeru5
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Maikeru5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodameaon View Post
I highly doubt the turbo is going to be emissions legal leaving a lot of us still in the same place as before.
You're right. You poor California guys will still have nothing....the rest of the country will be happy though.
Maikeru5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:12 PM   #50
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
I highly doubt Tomei will build anything for the KA. I mean, come on now, you really expect a company to do all this R&D on an engine that isn't that popular, and the damn engine has been out of production for almost a decade.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:55 PM   #51
Miguelone
Zilvia Member

Miguelone is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
I highly doubt Tomei will build anything for the KA. I mean, come on now, you really expect a company to do all this R&D on an engine that isn't that popular, and the damn engine has been out of production for almost a decade.
Miguelone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:06 PM   #52
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguelone View Post
Diversify to who? 80% of KA-T guys are the same guys who can't afford to do an SR20 swap, and built a junkyard turbo kit.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 06-18-2013, 10:18 PM   #53
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikeru5 View Post
You're right. You poor California guys will still have nothing....the rest of the country will be happy though.
Yeah until more and more states start passing clone emissions laws of Cali's. Anyways yeah they make good parts, the camgears are what I am after. Granted until we see something on shelves its just a waiting game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:41 PM   #54
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
Quote:
Diversify to who? 80% of KA-T guys are the same guys who can't afford to do an SR20 swap, and built a junkyard turbo kit.
I've spent so much on my KA-T rebuild so far that I could have just swapped in a stock s14 sr into my car with some minor upgrades.....

if tomei had their stuff out, I would have bought all tomei parts over the BC and cometic parts I was forced to purchase since there are no other options.

I am definitely interested in tomei's exhaust manifold + turbo + elbow if they produce one.
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:42 AM   #55
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Quote:

I think that is 240sx people in general. Cheap asses. There are two groups of 240 people I believe (for the most part). The fanboys who are usually teens/early 20's which is expected to be poor not afford the quality brands. Then the guys who have been in this since the 90's before the hype. Which are older and can afford the finer things. You never know, with tomei backing a motor, we may be the ones exporting ka's to the rest of the world. It would be our SR so to speak. It could turn out like another aero bumper scenario, cheap and dime a dozen years ago.....high demand expensive now. Probably not likely but you never know. Crazy shit happens everyday.

Also, with a big name brand backing a motor, it will give other guys with money a "reliability" factor to where they feel comfortable dumping cash into a particular platform. That is the power of having a reputable "brand" make parts. To where as before they might not of considered it at all. Not saying there are no quality brands that currently make ka parts..... the KA proved itself yeaaars ago. But that is in a US market. Tomei has a greater pull in other countries. They are not that huge here. They see Tomei making parts and are like wtf is this? So they want to try it out. S-chasis stuff is popular and that would be something new to that side of planet.

if they go as far as to redesign the head....the SR is fucked. But that would be mucho dinero lol.

Last edited by BossHogg; 06-19-2013 at 01:16 AM..
BossHogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:41 AM   #56
Miguelone
Zilvia Member

Miguelone is an unknown quantity at this point
There's a 3rd group you didn't mention too, the younger cats who understand quality over quantity and are willing to spend the extra for genuine parts. Granted it's a smaller group but still.
Miguelone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:44 AM   #57
whitenoise
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (23)
whitenoise is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to whitenoise
not sure about a Tomei pushing this through but im not waiting . so i did my own Tomei M8270 KA-T although it would be nice if they do so KA-T guys can save a few bucks on fabrication LOL

http://TM-SPL.COM
whitenoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:12 AM   #58
drftngs14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
drftngs14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
This is very intriguing since I love the KA motor, always have.. And most of you are right, having a big "name brand" company make parts for it does open new ideas. For me, Id rather build a ka and turbo it than get an SR, just my opinion. Obviously Id rather have an RB, but dollar for dollar Id rather have the ka. The only thing Im wondering is whats the turn around time in getting these parts once they are produced?
drftngs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:43 PM   #59
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Greddy made a KA-T kit and a handful of other stuff, how well did their stuff caught on? I dont see Tomei doing any better than Greddy. I just think Tomei is jumping into a dying market and coming in waaaaay too late.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 06-19-2013, 12:50 PM   #60
MamangSorbetero
Zilvia Junkie

MamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
I got to talk to a Tomei engineer a couple of days ago

They're currently developing a stroker kit and some upper-end stuff. They really love LHD 240's and KA's apparently. They have also created a whole bolt-on kit for the DOHC already. Manifold and downpipe
MamangSorbetero is offline   Reply With Quote