Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-19-2013, 01:32 PM   #61
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Greddy made a KA-T kit and a handful of other stuff, how well did their stuff caught on? I dont see Tomei doing any better than Greddy. I just think Tomei is jumping into a dying market and coming in waaaaay too late.
As I stated earlier, KA's were not popular until about 5 years ago which came after the product lifetime of greddy products. The community evolved since then, kind of like how people used to argue that SRs were a bad swap because support for SRs was very hard to find state side. Kind of like how LS1s were stupid to swap because it was too difficult at one point. etc etc... KA-Ts are trendy now which explains why KA motorsets have gone up in price.
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2013, 12:46 AM   #62
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Greddy made a KA-T kit and a handful of other stuff, how well did their stuff caught on? I dont see Tomei doing any better than Greddy. I just think Tomei is jumping into a dying market and coming in waaaaay too late.
not to mention the greddy kit was a complete joke and to expensive. You could piece your own way better kit for cheaper. What a waste.

Also, the ka was popular before 5 years ago lol.

Last edited by BossHogg; 07-03-2013 at 11:58 AM..
BossHogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:56 AM   #63
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_ZaDhSBqLs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFtNQUkviOc#at=12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP36PuLoSqY&feature=youtu.be
Old 07-03-2013, 03:37 AM   #64
Maikeru5
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Maikeru5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Turbo Manifold!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX0nasa-wVw
Maikeru5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:38 AM   #65
iamtheyi
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
iamtheyi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
oh my gah. So excite.

iamtheyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:55 AM   #66
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
looking foward to purchasing a tomei head for my ka-t

s14 kouki ka-t
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:52 AM   #67
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

I'm thinking, s15 ka-t powered lol. The 240sx that never was. Would it still be considered "jdm tyte" if its a tomei ka? Stupid truck motor. Truck motor is stupid.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:06 PM   #68
yomisiu
Nissanaholic!

yomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her self
yomisiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:03 PM   #69
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
i wonder how much a Tomei KA will go for.

but if i pop my sr20, and tomei has an ARMS M7960 kit for the KA, i will be going KA-T.
bataangpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:50 PM   #70
Chris28
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Chris28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg View Post
I'm thinking, s15 ka-t powered lol. The 240sx that never was. Would it still be considered "jdm tyte" if its a tomei ka? Stupid truck motor. Truck motor is stupid.

Already happened.
Chris28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:54 PM   #71
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris28 View Post

Already happened.

tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:55 PM   #72
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Ugly car is ugly
Old 07-04-2013, 06:02 AM   #73
d_nice
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
d_nice is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
this is good to hear for the ka guys who still have it
d_nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:27 AM   #74
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
damn.. manifold looks promising .. with the new star station bullshit California got going on .. bolt ons seems to be the way to go ..
S-Nation S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:22 AM   #75
delado
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
delado is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Been shopping around for swaps for my kouki, and realized how crazy the prices of JDM motors have gone up. Thanks to this, I'll be keeping my KA. KA-t is the way to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
That's because everyone with a zenki feels sorry for themselves and they find commonality in the fact that there's no hope for making them look remotely good.
delado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:33 AM   #76
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris28 View Post

Already happened.
no...it didn't. TOMEI KA and that car is mad wack. I'm talking a properly done one.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:41 PM   #77
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Diversify to who? 80% of KA-T guys are the same guys who can't afford to do an SR20 swap, and built a junkyard turbo kit.
And to double the irony of it all, they are getting excited for Tomei parts and wont' be able to afford them either.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:18 PM   #78
wtf

wtf is an unknown quantity at this point
When I was there in jan. They just got the car in The main focus from what tomei said is this is for the u.s market cuse the ka is so popular here. Just because their late to the game dosen't mean a thing ka owners should be proud that they get a'' better option'' than the less quality parts produced now. also if the old motor thing was such a problem they wouldn't still be making parts for the 4age.
wtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:09 AM   #79
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Where the fuck did they find a 5sp S14 in such immaculate condition? That KA was CLEANNN when they pulled it out.

I love watching them work on that head and building the turbo manifold. So cool that they video that for us.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:08 PM   #80
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Mikester is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
And to double the irony of it all, they are getting excited for Tomei parts and wont' be able to afford them either.
^^This^^

Very few 240's here in the US have anything more than a Tomei oil cap or a big Tomei decal that they got for free at best.... The majority of owners are kids with (or even without) part-time jobs... a lot of them college students who barely get by week to week... drift their asses off with every spare penny they can squander; and hold their cars together with speed tape, zipties and luck.

Don't get me wrong- there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong with that & I mean no disrespect to anyone- I admire the starving racers out there for doing anything they can to keep at it!

The point is that it's no secret that Tomei will not make eleventy brazillian yen from any KA24DE-centric endeavors... However, the good news is that the concept of MTO (made to order) parts is alive & well in Japan- and rarely will there ever be a stockpile of superfluous parts laying around Tomei's distribution centers... A lot of higher-end S13/S14 parts are MTO by a lot of the big-boy companies; and THAT is the real magic... This way the people who CAN afford the stuff will be able to get it... and anything Tomei makes above & beyond R & D just goes into the gravy train of everything else they've done to support the aftermarket for 20+yr old cars. In that sense... it's never too late.

Just my $.02

Mike
Old 07-08-2013, 02:46 PM   #81
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
I like how people throw out terms like the majority of 240sx owner, based off their own personal opinion, and not fact.

And the money is besides the point to Tomei. I know they are a business, but they just want to make good quality parts for a car that the engineers and bosses over there, love, if they make a enough to break even I am sure they will be happy.

The ka was no where near as popular 5 years ago as it is now.

5-6 years ago, I had a frakenstein ka24det setup that had a t3/t4 tuurbonetics turbo, some jank piping and 550 cc injectors and was make just shy of 300 hp and tq with only 10-11 psi.

I would go to meets or to events and assholes would get all excited when they heard my car was turbo, then I pop my hood they ask if its sr, I say no they walk away shaking their heads. The were dumb. Now it is almost half the people I come across have a kat or are going kat.

It makes clear sense, that as long as they are making kits for sr20s they should make them for the ka. the only difference as far as manifolds is the flanges on the runners, everything else will bolt up.

Yes, there are cheap ass people who own our cars now, but we are all not cheap ass people with no concern for quality.

the videos posted speak for themselves, if interested like their facebook page for the ka24det project.

https://www.facebook.com/tomei240sx?fref=ts

People with srs are just sad that someone can buy the same exact stuff as they can, but make more power and more torque sooner.

Don't believe me? Read the latest dsport.

The sr vs KA shootout of theirs is a total joke. How many people do you know who have sr23det motors? almost none, most people I have met keep the same 2.0 liter engine and just do bolt-ons, which will net you much less than Dsports sr23. There is no comparison.

Tomei is just using a bigger net so to speak, when it comes to getting the s chassis crowds business. Which is smart.

Last things about this old engine rubbish, is the sr and the 2j and the ej, and the 4g63, and the rb are all old as engines, that they still produce parts for, so I do not see how that argument is relevant .
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:45 PM   #82
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

^^^ agree. what these people don't realize is that the name tomei itself will catch the attention of people with money. Their name brings money. Because its quality and proven. I don't know but I have always been into the KA-T. So it has seemed popular to me since the early 2000's. In my opinion it has went down in popularity as the big name tuners showing interest have come and gone it seems. It just might be more "acceptable" now since the douchers on the first wave of the 240 bandwagon new nothing about KA and just wanted to bash it because it wasn't in there favorite drift car lol. The SR has always been pointless in my eyes. It has no benefit besides "drop in and go". In order to make it worth a damn, you have to upgrade every single part that you would have to buy for a ka-t. The only thing that scared people was that KA is more hands on involved, custom this, custom that rather than the SR's various "kits" whether it be turbo, intercooler, downpipes etc.

I don't think most of you have spent much time in the KA crowd. There are people who shell out major cash. Hell there were numerous people who swapped SR then drove a KA-T and never looked at a SR again. With big name brand making simple bolt on kits and internal parts etc, that will just make it that much more of an option. People like that feeling of reassurance. If they would have done this sooner, I would not have a RB.

Just my thoughts. As to me it really doesn't matter. Tomei parts are not to terribly expensive until you get into the stroker kits and genesis motors.

Depending on how far they take this, they already have me debating whether or not doing a second s chasis.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:50 PM   #83
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Tomei should take the real plunge and build some LS-series parts.

Considering how stupid cheap the iron blocks are, I'm surprised Japanese tuners are not importing them to Japan for the sake of "Being different".
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:58 PM   #84
Scope240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
Scope240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
s13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
probably the funniest thing I have ever seen.

I am crying from laughter.
epic own
Scope240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:13 PM   #85
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post

Considering how stupid cheap the iron blocks are, I'm surprised Japanese tuners are not importing them to Japan for the sake of "Being different".
lol that would be classic.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:20 PM   #86
Scope240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
Scope240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
s13

anything tomei wins
Scope240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:44 PM   #87
Miguelone
Zilvia Member

Miguelone is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post

They already have ka's in Japan in various light commercials and midsize ff cars
Old 07-08-2013, 09:06 PM   #88
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
No worries, ISIS and Godspeed will be selling them a few months later.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:53 PM   #89
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
No worries, ISIS and Godspeed will be selling them a few months later.
Sadly true

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 07-08-2013, 10:20 PM   #90
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by illvialuver View Post
People with srs are just sad that someone can buy the same exact stuff as they can, but make more power and more torque sooner.

But I can make more average power longer with my SR :P

No reason to debate, both engines have a ton of positives, and some very MAJOR negatives. I'm glad Tomei is making parts for the engine, I can remembering have a KA-T Ten years ago how limited the market was for anything.