Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-15-2013, 12:32 AM   #121
eklips3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
eklips3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
here is my girlfriends fc. the car is a bit dirty cause we were scared to wash the car after we finished with the plasti-dip lol.
took about 30 cans

1992 240sx (RB20. 362whp@16psi)
eklips3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2013, 03:07 AM   #122
SLiDe_WaYz
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
SLiDe_WaYz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
So let me get this straight. You want to plasti dip over a nice paint job, changing the color of the car, doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a nice paint job. What the fuck are you protecting it for if no one can see it.

I like how you say it's been dipped several times. Lets say 3 times, that's $1200 wasted to "protect" your paint.

I can understand if it were clear and you could still see your nice new paint job. But why in the fuck would you cover it in a different color. That is the stupidest thing I've ever read. It makes zero sense what so ever.

Your calling us stupid? Yet that makes no sense.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:35 AM   #123
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by eklips3 View Post
here is my girlfriends fc. the car is a bit dirty cause we were scared to wash the car after we finished with the plasti-dip lol.
took about 30 cans

I don't see that is any better than spray paint. Also, I'd love to see one of these cars go through a car wash.

30 cans × $7 = $210. You can buy real paint for that.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:45 AM   #124
TheZ31Guy
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
TheZ31Guy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Holy shit you hard headed 240 douchebags are not getting the point..

Tried to teach but these ass wipes don't think logically LOL..
I guess bitch ass mother fuckers don't like change at all. Sad really..
TheZ31Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:00 AM   #125
madman's240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
madman's240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You gotta look at it from a different stand point how often do u track your car I know every time I go I always find small scrathes and scuffs so what options do u have tape the most common areas that gets hit I personally dont like that look. So instead of taping it you could just plastidip it and protect it and for aslong as u want after that till u get bored of the color so u peel it off and wash the car thencboom u still have nice clean paint that didn't take any abuse.

Also how often do u get bored with the look of your car paint wise or wonder what your car would look like this color or that color plastidip gives u the ability to change the look of your car without damaging the good paint and u can go back to the original color or if your doing bodywork to your car but dontb have the money to get a legit paint job right away u can plastidip it till u have the money to paint it. And not have a multicolor shitbox while u save.

Everbody has there own opinions and taste so u dont have to like it but dont give people shit for liking it. This is pretty much just like any other car mod you may love it amd other people dont and just the opposite a ton of people may love this body kit or wheel But u may not like it. It called personalities without them the world would very boring
madman's240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:22 AM   #126
new2sr20
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
new2sr20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I used plasti dip on the grill on my G37, but thats about it. I wouldnt plasti dip a car cause its just not my thing. If im gonna change the color of my car id rather vinyl wrap it then spray plasti dip all over it. Or if im gonna be dead set on a color, ill paint it since i have experience and resources to do so.

HOWEVER, some of these plasti dipped cars dont look terrible, so I wont bash them for it. Its different...but its not any more gay then drilling holes in ur fenders or bumper just so u can cross stitch with zip ties, or the missile car fad..which we all know is just a way to cover up the fact u keep fucking up ur DD because u think you can drift and dont have the money to keep it looking proper.
new2sr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:43 AM   #127
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by madman's240 View Post
Had to chime in. You all are failing to see what plastidip is for. Nice cars with good paint, to protect it. and change the color while doing it. every time u sand a car you destroy whats underneath of it, just to change the color.
You know that's the dumbest shit I ever heard? That's like spending years building a car and then going "oh well I'm not going to drive it because I spent so much time building it and making it nice". Completely pointless. Cars are meant to be driven. Paint is meant to be shown. You want to protect paint, take care of it with the appropriate products. The paint on my two-tone is the original paint from 24 years ago, and it still looks like it just rolled off the factory line. Let's see plasti-dip do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madman's240 View Post
Plastidip doesn't peel.
LOL. Thanks for the laugh.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:48 AM   #128
new2sr20
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
You know that's the dumbest shit I ever heard? That's like spending years building a car and then going "oh well I'm not going to drive it because I spent so much time building it and making it nice". Completely pointless. Cars are meant to be driven. Paint is meant to be shown. You want to protect paint, take care of it with the appropriate products. The paint on my two-tone is the original paint from 24 years ago, and it still looks like it just rolled off the factory line. Let's see plasti-dip do that.

Im with this guy..please send noods...
Old 01-15-2013, 06:56 AM   #129
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
I mean seriously, whats next? Are they going to liquefy horseshit and then sell it as an applicable paint?

"This just in! A new textured matte brown paint, and it's 100% biodegradable! Protect your paint with some of our fine horseshit paint today!"
Old 01-15-2013, 07:00 AM   #130
new2sr20
Zilvia Member

I take it you got the memo. The reason they went from cow shit to horse shit is because of California emissions laws..something to do with methane and matches..
Old 01-15-2013, 08:31 AM   #131
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

Trader Rating: (2)
kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Why get a 2500 paint job, and then cover it with plasti dip.

Slide_Ways made this point already.....
kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:29 AM   #132
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
the pro and against fanatics are equally stupid
while I don't necessarily love it,
it's still a better option than a mis-matched-rattle canned car

and a shitty prepped car - dings, dents, scratches, etc - will look like shit whether dipped or sprayed.

haters gonna...

ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:53 AM   #133
Otaku

Otaku is an unknown quantity at this point
It's nice as a temporary paint job...

Note... temporary.

Being in the military away from home all the time, I'm constantly working on the damn thing and it just sits in storage until I get back to it. The mis-colors was an eye-sore.

http://i.imgur.com/FwjAd.jpg

Then I plastidipped since it was a cheap 100$ temp... TEMP fix.

http://i.imgur.com/7Q1dL.jpg

She still waits in the garage until my OEM headlights come in and when I get enough money for some real wheels. (I refuse to buy knockoffs) The VQ30DE-T build really set me back.

So please people, use it for a temp fix to mismatched body panels until you get a real paint job.
Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:10 AM   #134
madman's240
Zilvia Member

madman's240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well lets see how many contest has your car one the sky was dipped green and within 48hrs it won a contest that had been going on over a month and we entered it the last Two-days just to see what would happen and it blew past the supra that was winning because the sky had more personality than the supra and the public liked it more
madman's240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:26 AM   #135
DMartS14kaT

DMartS14kaT is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Sorry I'm late...but the fact that the DipYourCar guys are from Florida makes sense.

This is the dumbest shit ever. I considered it for about 10 minutes...then I poured scalding hot water onto my hand to punish myself.

BRZ is fucking LAME. Why plasti-dip a street driven car with BRAND NEW PAINT. Drift cars is the only MARGINALLY understandable exception: why paint it professionally only to slam it into a wall?

Not necessarily true....if its done correctly and not by cans like someone said you wouldnt know the difference.
I'm pretty sure if you seen a well done job with the proper mixture of the paint you wouldn't be downing the product/platidip. I didn't get a chance to get the hard-drive of the vehicles that are completed but heres a photo of an Aston. (And thats a crappy camera phone)
DMartS14kaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:33 AM   #136
uraznfriend
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
uraznfriend is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
the paint on that van in the back looks better than that aston martin

i just really hate that matte color shit
Old 01-15-2013, 10:45 AM   #137
DMartS14kaT

Quote:
Originally Posted by uraznfriend View Post
the paint on that van in the back looks better than that aston martin

i just really hate that matte color shit
Yea I understand and respect your opinion but that sounds like a preference...your not a fan of the matte colors...but personally I have no clue y i am lol
Even the stock AMG matte colors and bmw have factory matte out and they honestly look hot.....i've never actually tried a gloss color on any of the vehicles just seem like everyones attracted to the matte look ...i'll def make it a must to test it to answer everyones questions and prob change the doubters/non- fans.
Deal?
Old 01-15-2013, 10:53 AM   #138
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
This thread is a whole bunch of guys trying to shove their opinions into each other's throats.. Like every opinion thread, do whatever the fuck you want to do with your car. You will get what you paid for.

For plastidippers, plastidip is a cheap alternative to paint. Cheap and alternative are the key words. Why would you expect anything worth bragging about when you spent 60 bucks on a couple of cans of plastidip.

For anti-plastidippers, plastidip is not to replace real paint jobs so quit being quick to throw in your elitist card. It is an alternative for those that want a decent (at best) matte look on the cheaper end. Again, the key words are alternative and cheap.

I have seen plastidipped cars using the supplied applicator and NOT the spray cans. It gives the car a matte look without too much prep and looks decent. If quick matte paint jobs are your thing, go and get Plastidip.

I don't understand why this topic made it into 5 pages without that many pictures and lots of unnecessary talk.
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:11 AM   #139
cchondro
Zilvia Junkie

cchondro is an unknown quantity at this point
Destroyed a perfectly good looking car with that crap
cchondro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:24 AM   #140
DMartS14kaT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post
This thread is a whole bunch of guys trying to shove their opinions into each other's throats.. Like every opinion thread, do whatever the fuck you want to do with your car. You will get what you paid for.

For plastidippers, plastidip is a cheap alternative to paint. Cheap and alternative are the key words. Why would you expect anything worth bragging about when you spent 60 bucks on a couple of cans of plastidip.

For anti-plastidippers, plastidip is not to replace real paint jobs so quit being quick to throw in your elitist card. It is an alternative for those that want a decent (at best) matte look on the cheaper end. Again, the key words are alternative and cheap.

I have seen plastidipped cars using the supplied applicator and NOT the spray cans. It gives the car a matte look without too much prep and looks decent. If quick matte paint jobs are your thing, go and get Plastidip.

I don't understand why this topic made it into 5 pages without that many pictures and lots of unnecessary talk.
Definitely well said
Old 01-15-2013, 11:30 AM   #141
IROYLE1
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
IROYLE1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I will probably be forced to drive with JIGSAW mix matched body panels. As a temp solution (until i can afford a quality paint job) ill probably be doing this. I can see it being a good "paint saver" for a future resale. Assuming that it really doesn't affect the paint.
Now, if you spend the money on quality parts and you plan to stay with this as a permanent solution, that's foolish.
IROYLE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:48 PM   #142
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by IROYLE1 View Post
I will probably be forced to drive with JIGSAW mix matched body panels. As a temp solution (until i can afford a quality paint job) ill probably be doing this. I can see it being a good "paint saver" for a future resale. Assuming that it really doesn't affect the paint.
Now, if you spend the money on quality parts and you plan to stay with this as a permanent solution, that's foolish.
Lol, no. Your online sarcasm is absolutely terrible.
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:55 PM   #143
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
I just comment on these since I hate everyone equally. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

In conclusion: money spent on plastidip/applicator is just money you could have saved to do it right. This is a debate of patience.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:57 PM   #144
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
I just comment on these since I hate everyone equally. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

In conclusion: money spent on plastidip/applicator is just money you could have saved to do it right. This is a debate of patience.
$150 > whatever you pay for paint. even the cheapest won't anywhere close to what you pay for plasti dip.
jamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:03 PM   #145
mr_eh
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
mr_eh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamg View Post
$150 > whatever you pay for paint. even the cheapest won't anywhere close to what you pay for plasti dip.
but... it doesn't look very good... so who cares how cheap it is... it's not an alternative to a paint job... also itonly lasts for 3 months before it looks like shit... so for a year it would cost 600$ to keep it "nice" looking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROYLE1 View Post
if you have a nice paint job you aren't going to cover it in plasti dip to protect it thus making the car look like it was rattle canned..

I'm pretty sure I didn't spend 3500$ on my paint job to cover it with a rattle can to "protect it"
Old 01-15-2013, 01:42 PM   #146
jandysil80
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
jandysil80 is a jewel in the roughjandysil80 is a jewel in the roughjandysil80 is a jewel in the roughjandysil80 is a jewel in the roughjandysil80 is a jewel in the roughjandysil80 is a jewel in the roughjandysil80 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
...so much hate in here. Most of the cars on this forum are beaten down hunks of drift missile shit. Most of you should love it.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:49 PM   #147
Jed_Atreides
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (82)
Jed_Atreides is making a name for him/her selfJed_Atreides is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
Love that Aston (and the Saturn too). Like the flat look too - but I'm not forcing others to like it. Whole thread is filled with pointless opinion forced onto another. So what? I dislike the WCW fake wrestling crap so I should make EVERYONE hate it too?

Aston is dipped as such, once the owner grows tired of that flat look, can peel the dip right off to the original paint in its original state. Paint flat black (or other dipped color) and go back to original paint? Show me how.

Hell, I'm thinking to plastic dip and metalize my Works rims to gun metal. Why? b/c it will look gun metal when I'm done, and when I'm tired of it, peel right off back to polished w/o having to spend hours on end to take that damn 3 piece wheel apart, sand it and repaint it. And if I screw up on the gun metal paint? Peel it off and do it again. Do I have to re-sand again and clean it? Nope! Am I lazy? Hell yes!

Just my 2 cents, reader's choice to agree or disagree, matters to me none.

Wrapped, dipped, painted, don't matter. All looks good to me.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:50 PM   #148
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandysil80 View Post
...so much hate in here. Most of the cars on this forum are beaten down hunks of drift missile shit. Most of you should love it.
Guess not huh.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:53 PM   #149
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamg View Post
Obviously you have never been in a paint store. You can get miss-tints and canceled orders for NOTHING.

I got a gallon of reduced Ford silver to paint my engine bay for $20. It was a cancel, that's it. That could have really done 2 coats on a 240.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:12 PM   #150
KevinEdgar
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
KevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Had my car plastidipped for like a year or so. Worse idea ever... Shit would not come off.

Even though my car is way uglier than it was I still will never use plasti dip on my car again. Live and learn.

http://milktea-man.com
KevinEdgar is offline   Reply With Quote