Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 12:28 AM   #121
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
RBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sr240det: I got the first one you sent me. You said you were gonna send another but I never got one...
Old 01-31-2005, 05:44 PM   #122
240silvia
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
240silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240silvia
DAMN!!!!!!! I have got to do that!
Old 01-31-2005, 06:56 PM   #123
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

RBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura about
They're done now, just not on the car yet. Now I'm building my Megasquirt and getting my EDIS stuff. I'm hoping to get it all on the car during my spring break, end of march. I'll keep you guys updated. I'm gonna try and get a dyno before I put it all on also.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:12 PM   #124
sil80forme
Zilvia Junkie

sil80forme can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to sil80forme
ok i am confused on one comment made by SILVIADRIVER AND I QUOTE "BTW, using the GSXR injector locations will aid in better fuel atomization and give you more power. An injector position too far away will lead to idle problems as fuel will 'puddle'." but isnt this setup no different then the stock? injector wise. The trottle body is postioned much farther from the injectors, then the ITB'S and our stock injectors. so i dont think that it would really matter, or benifit this way. and one more thing! Aren't the injectors suposed to be sprayin directlly into the block where combustion occurs? if they are sprayin in the new throttle bodies like stated then there will be no fuel in the cumbustion chamber. or am i just talkin out my ass cause i dunno what i am talkn bout. I am just curious because i am actually doin tha same thing only thing. but a lil differ because i am still goin to be able too use the mafs and eventually go turbo, so anymore comments would greatly be appreciated.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:13 PM   #125
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

It's basically a compromise. You can leave injectors in stock location and have relatively good gas mileage, and good mix of fuel and air. Or you can have the injectors farther away from the head, where it has a longer time to mix with the air, but worse gas mileage. F1 cars actually have the fuel injectors hanging over the inlet of the velocity stacks. Some cars even have 2 sets. I'm sticking with stock location because it's easy and atomization and mixture is very good at that location. Statements like the one silviadriver made are more theory than anyting, and may not even have any real gains in real world applications. There are obviously some differences/advantages, as F1 cars have injectors farther away from the head, but I'm not building an F1 car, so stock location will work for me. Mainly stuff like that is just to get the edge on the competitor in racing, and the average joe wouldn't know the difference from his own ass.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:45 PM   #126
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

atom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to all
The better you can mix fuel/air the better. Better air/fuel mix = more complete combustion = more power AND better fuel economy, not worse. Moving the injectors away makes idle rougher.

Anyways, none of this matters. On a 9k redline RPM F20C it might make a difference, but not on a 6.5k RPM KA.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:07 AM   #127
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

better combustion doesn't necessarily mean better fuel mileage. Yes, more power, but more fuel needs to be injected to make sure enough gets into the combustion chamber. And for example, on my setup, the fuel would have to travel over a foot before it got into the combustion chamber, that's a lot of room for fuel to hit the walls of the runners and not get into the chamber. Also, when an injector is that far away from the combustion chamber, it needs to be injecting gas all the time. That means bad gas mileage. I'm not crying about gas mileage mind you, just pointing it out. And with any luck, I will have a ka that revs to 9k. All in due time.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:32 AM   #128
sil80forme
Zilvia Junkie

ok well how can u get a motor the redlines at 6.5 to rev to 9 i sure as hell would like to figure that one out
Old 02-03-2005, 01:34 AM   #129
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
SilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SilviaDriver
in simple terms: destroke it
Old 02-03-2005, 01:53 AM   #130
sil80forme
Zilvia Junkie

yeah thas what my buddy told me, after i asked but why would u wann lose the torque a ka puts out, and make a ka into a honda motor? that seems a lil drastic and pointless to me, AND A WHOLE LOTA MONEY. dont get me wrong i respect everyone elses decisions on what the want to do, i am just curious thas all. plus its 4am and i am not tired and bored outta my mind
Old 02-03-2005, 02:23 AM   #131
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
SilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SilviaDriver
then why even ask how can you rev to 9k

and yes we know its 4am and ur bored out of your mind. the results of this can be seen here

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=72143
Old 02-03-2005, 02:29 AM   #132
sil80forme
Zilvia Junkie

i asked cause i was curious to see if it was even possible to make a car that redlines at 6.5 to rev to 9, and if i was why not ask how that would be accomplished, i try and learn something new everyday. i didnt think it would be possible and now i know it is. thas all i have to say bout that. thanx for the convo
Old 02-03-2005, 09:14 AM   #133
mistert
Pearl White Mike

mistert is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to mistert Send a message via AIM to mistert
well the ka goes to 6900 stock so its more like 7k, and with springs and retainers and a cam that actually makes power up there 8k is no problem, so with a properly balanced motor (especially if it was destroked, which wouldnt make it a fucking honda motor i dont know wher eyou got that from) it doesnt seem like that unreasonable goal

but thats all good cause you know everything anyways, right?
Old 02-03-2005, 10:03 AM   #134
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

yup, destroke.

Mistert: there are no cams available for the ka24de to date that make power to 8k. Even with ITB's, you'd be hard pressed to eliminate a HP and TQ faloff up until 8k.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:37 PM   #135
sil80forme
Zilvia Junkie

i never said i know it all, i was just stateing what a freind had said to me when i brought up the idea of making a ka rev to 9k, thas all! i was just makeing conversation, am i not allowed to do that here? cause u know, i thought this was a 240sx forum and thas whats its for to talk bought stuff like that, anyway thanx for everyones input.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:40 PM   #136
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

I wasn't being harsh. Hopefully you were talking to someone else. I was just pointing out that what you said was untrue. haha Anyways, take a chill pill man.
Old 02-03-2005, 02:20 PM   #137
sil80forme
Zilvia Junkie

lol i wasnt talkin to u rbs14 i was talkin to mistert, and i am very chill, not upset bout it at all, i like the fact that we can chat and or debate bout this stuff
Old 02-03-2005, 02:34 PM   #138
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

oh hahaha I'm a retard. I got you and mistert mixed up. woops.
Old 04-21-2005, 03:36 PM   #139
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
dude... update us on this shiznit!! please?
Old 04-21-2005, 06:25 PM   #140
davenavarro1
Leaky Injector

davenavarro1 is an unknown quantity at this point
thats the sweetest thing i have ever seen. ive bet your car will sound like a datsun 510 in trans am racing.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:50 PM   #141
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

Sadly, I realized I got way in over my head, and decided not to finish the project. It would have been sweet as hell tho.

SYKE!!!

The TB's are completely finished as I may have said before.

Megasquirt is all built, and finished. I've made all of the base maps and set all of the constants as well.

Fabbed up a spot for it to sit.

Made most of the wiring harness. The rest will be completed when I install it. This is the entire harness. Little smaller than stock eh?

My extra crank pulley is being machined this week and next, as well as the trigger wheel for the distributorless ignition CNC'd. I've got a throttle cable on the way, as well as the rest of the ignition parts. Then it's just taking the stock stuff off, and putting the new stuff on. Then it's off to get tuned! Should (I hope) be up and running within the next 3 weeks. I'll get plenty of pics, vids and dyno sheets. Wish me luck! haha
Old 04-21-2005, 08:59 PM   #142
raen419
Zilvia Member

raen419 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to raen419
good luck dude. i've wanted to do this to a KA for years, but unfortunately, dousan made me want to know my suspension first, then i'd mess with the engine...damn him.....lol
think i might take sr20de and do it one day (sometime after college).
Old 04-21-2005, 09:19 PM   #143
nigel1
Zilvia Member

nigel1 is an unknown quantity at this point
wow! nice work man! dont give up on us. your last post scared the shit outta me and I thought you quit on the project. hell I would have.

***patiently waiting for the vid, and results***

+0 offset PWNS me
Old 04-21-2005, 09:30 PM   #144
reefer1114
Zilvia Addict

reefer1114 is an unknown quantity at this point
mad props!!!
Old 04-22-2005, 02:07 AM   #145
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
You wouldn't want to make a parts list would ya? That shit looks Really Really good...
-Evan
Old 04-22-2005, 02:29 AM   #146
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
i think hes doing a write up to contribute to the community, but i could be wroooong... i highly doubt the car would sound like a 510 in a transam race.... but then engine will definetly make a drastic difference in intake sound........RBS14.... sweet man i wanna see vids too and dyno sheets.. atleast ur project is going out well.. my new dremel just took a poop... in the middle of porting my head..weak sauce! how come u didnt coil the wiring with a drill? and make it nice and neat a 1 whole one? all good tho i was lookin into the megasquirt setup also.. how much did u pay for yours? just curious.

boro
Old 04-22-2005, 07:36 AM   #147
240trainee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
Whats up with this megasquirt buissness? I've seen pictures and people talking about it, but no info on the thing.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
Old 04-22-2005, 07:40 AM   #148
Macadoshus
Zilvia Member

Macadoshus is making a name for him/her selfMacadoshus is making a name for him/her self
http://www.megasquirt.info/
Old 04-22-2005, 09:19 AM   #149
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
interesting stuff. now go hook everything up and make a video!!!
Old 04-22-2005, 10:01 AM   #150
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

I'll make a parts list and write-up when it's all done. I'm not gonna coil the wires because if I do need to make any changes, it'll be easier to mess with stuff if it's not all coiled. There's less than 15 wires, so there's not much of a need to coil them as it is. Mind you tho, the harness is going to be all wrapped in electrical tape with each set of wires coming out of it taped also. I've got some loom also that I might use in certain spots.

Megasuirt is a fuel controller that when used with a certain software code can be used to control ignition also. 12x12 fuel and spark maps. It can also control water injection, nitrous, launch control, overboost protection etc. Mine cost me $187 shipped. There's a couple cables you need to buy and odds and ends, but that's it. check out the link posted above for more info.