Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Central States

South Central States Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Texas.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:31 PM   #1
dave7
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
dave7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Austin, TX- Could use a helping hand

I'm trying to install some new fuel injectors and a z32 MAF. I got a s14 with sr20det. The phillips screws on the injector covers are tight and my #2 screw driver hasn't been successful yet b/c I don't want to strip the top of the screw.

And the z32 MAF, I'm just bad with wires I don't know which wires to connect and stuff. And I've also ordered a new intake and connector that will hopefully fit with it too.

LMK if you can come help out. I'll buy you some beer or lunch or something. I live near riverside and congress.

I can't drive my car b/c my ECU has been retuned for the injectors and MAF.

PM for number.

Thanks!
David
dave7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2012, 09:14 AM   #2
ghost_silvia
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
ghost_silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I would help ya but I work 6 days a week and I have my own car to get up and running. There is a guy named terrance that posts S13's and lives near you that is always fixing 240's and selling them. I want him to fix my harness wiring but it's kind of far for him to check out my car.I'll Pm you so you can get in touch with him.
ghost_silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:31 PM   #3
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
dave, its simple. literally, you only need to change like two wires to install the z32 mafs. their is a write up on here. all you need is a soldering gun, dykes, and electrical tape. as far as the stripped screw. get a philips head that is a tight fit and tap it into the screw with a hammer. gently. apply a little torque and see if it budges, if not tap a little harder. worse comes to worse. remove the whole fuel rail and drill it out. the mafs and screw should take an hour or two tops.
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:42 PM   #4
dave7
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
dave7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
@ghost_silvia: Thanks I texted terrance.

@sideways: Sweet, I'll look for the write-up, sounds simple enough. Dude so today I actually got 6/8 screws off the fuel injector covers. But there are two that I can't get off b/c the top of them is both slightly worn out from my screw driver. I might try to get a bigger phillips and see if that does it.

How do the fuel injectors come out? I guess they just pull out, but they seem tight and I don't want to use a wrench b/c they're plastic or w/e.
dave7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:31 PM   #5
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave7 View Post
@ghost_silvia: Thanks I texted terrance.

@sideways: Sweet, I'll look for the write-up, sounds simple enough. Dude so today I actually got 6/8 screws off the fuel injector covers. But there are two that I can't get off b/c the top of them is both slightly worn out from my screw driver. I might try to get a bigger phillips and see if that does it.

How do the fuel injectors come out? I guess they just pull out, but they seem tight and I don't want to use a wrench b/c they're plastic or w/e.
yes, use a slightly larger screwdriver, I can't emphasize slightly enough. and tap it in. As far as pulling them out, I use pliers and grab them at the base below the plug (the squarish part). slowly wiggle and pull. ENSURE when you re-install the new ones you use new o-rings and lube them up before inserting into the fuel rail.
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote