Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-16-2016, 05:03 AM   #9181
Dirk Jan
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Dirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Save your hate for things worth hating on. Nothing wrong with Sparco seats, not ugly at all imo.

And at $800,- they're not exactly cheap either.
Old 02-16-2016, 06:45 AM   #9182
7evil
Zilvia FREAK!

7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough
The Sparco Story - Official Supplier Of Your Passion
Since 1977 making the world of competition racing a safer place. A brief history of Sparco straight from the headquarter in Volpiano, Italy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMadSthGb5o

this is wrong...

Old 02-16-2016, 07:13 AM   #9183
derek king
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
derek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bataangpinoy View Post
Tell me what seats would you have used chief? Racetech? Cobra? OMP? Recaro? Bride?

Did you even know that Recaro had their FIA
homologation revoked at one point for their SPG? Stress cracks around the mounting holes.

Do you realize how much a pair of FIA
homologated seats cost at retail? To get the seats I need for my new track car will cost me 1800 bucks at 5% over WHOLESALE. and I still have to buy and HANS device (a cheap HANS is 550). And then my fire suppression system... like you said, it racks up fast. Money needs to be saved wherever it can be without compromising safety.

Sparco makes a very affordable line of FIA
homologated seats, and thousands of people around the world trust their lives with them. I think they are comfortable as hell, even during 2 hour stints.
fuck yea bro
Old 02-16-2016, 07:42 AM   #9184
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
*bunched up panties*
I seriously doubt it's anything but a fukboi attention car for Lexus to hall around at shows. Cage was minimal, no other visual safety equipment (kill switch, fire suppression etc.)

So yeah, kinda dumb having Sparco instead of the go-to scene point seat Bride.

Also, Sparco does not have any monopoly on FIA certified seats so feel free to get off your podium.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:00 AM   #9185
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7evil View Post
this is wrong...

What's wrong? It's a knock off is vintage rally seats from the late 60's.

Is it safe? Not really. But that's what they looked like.

What is the car? A late model Porsche?

Old 02-16-2016, 08:43 AM   #9186
Dirk Jan
Leaky Injector

Dirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of light
It's clearly a late model car. So why put vintage seats in it? Especially ones like these, that will cause your neck to snap in the event of an impact from the rear.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:47 AM   #9187
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
^^^It's that Boss S14 owned by Goodshow_aa. He acknowledges the seats are for show only. This was at SEMA. He was going for the old-school Datsun vibe.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:07 AM   #9188
7evil
Zilvia FREAK!

7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Jan View Post
It's clearly a late model car. So why put vintage seats in it? Especially ones like these, that will cause your neck to snap in the event of an impact from the rear.
Nope it's a s14, but yes the "wrong" is the old style seats that are dumb in a racing car

More pictures of the car

http://www.superstreetonline.com/fea...-nissan-240sx/

this is the idea

Old 02-16-2016, 10:20 AM   #9189
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
The leather stitched interior in that car is dope.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:32 AM   #9190
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Jan View Post

It's a fucking show car people.

Jesus

Old 02-16-2016, 10:35 AM   #9191
derek king
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
derek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
That car is fucking rad. If you disagree then clearly you dumb idiot.
Old 02-16-2016, 10:43 AM   #9192
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek king View Post
That car is fucking rad. If you disagree then clearly you dumb idiot.

I'm arguing it's "DIW" to be bitch about the low-back retro seats in what is clearly a retro inspired SEMA show car.

I do not like the BOSS body kit, but that car is well done and 10x better than Toyota's Rocket Bunny IS-F.
Old 02-16-2016, 11:04 AM   #9193
7evil
Zilvia FREAK!

inspired from the past

video

http://www.tomeipowered.com/BTE/inde...exhaust/11975/
Old 02-16-2016, 11:19 AM   #9194
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
...I mean for fuck's sake I just told you guys I read up on this car and the owner even said those seats were for the show only. He has buckets for the track. That car is obviously not 'old-school' but if you look at the car instead of down at your dick while you furiously masturbate to your own comments you'll notice that it's wearing Datsun badges and a has a quote on the rear from a certain someone...
Old 02-16-2016, 11:49 AM   #9195
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek king View Post
fuck yea bro
ASL? will trade pp touch for 1 share
bataangpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 12:00 PM   #9196
Gingersmurf
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Gingersmurf is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Tell me what seats would you have used chief? Racetech? Cobra? OMP? Recaro? Bride?

Did you even know that Recaro had their FIA homologation revoked at one point for their SPG? Stress cracks around the mounting holes.

Do you realize how much a pair of FIA homologated seats cost at retail? To get the seats I need for my new track car will cost me 1800 bucks at 5% over WHOLESALE. and I still have to buy and HANS device (a cheap HANS is 550). And then my fire suppression system... like you said, it racks up fast. Money needs to be saved wherever it can be without compromising safety.

Sparco makes a very affordable line of FIA homologated seats, and thousands of people around the world trust their lives with them. I think they are comfortable as hell, even during 2 hour stints.
I still think my cobra imola profit is one of the best seats i've ever sat in, not super into the "Nissans must run a bride and takata harness for JDM points" trend. The seat is about fitment, safety, and comfort, if you don't like a certain seat get a different one as long as it is Legit FIA certified, who cares who made it? Totally feel you about the hans device, expensive FIA seats, and fire suppression. I run an endurance car, and these are all required in the series i run in. Shit adds up real fast with safety gear, and you really don't want to cut corners with it either, After-all it is your life you're trying to protect.

Pic of my seat;

Last edited by Gingersmurf; 02-16-2016 at 12:36 PM.. Reason: Added pic
Gingersmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 12:08 PM   #9197
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Stock seats or no seats browskis.
Old 02-16-2016, 12:26 PM   #9198
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
I like the Cobra Suzuka.

Looks like Bride Zieg.

Old 02-16-2016, 12:38 PM   #9199
Gingersmurf
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
I like the Cobra Suzuka.

[IMG]Suzuka PRO FIT[/IMG]

Looks like Bride Zieg.
I found this seat was too restrictive for my legs, and harder to get out of in case of an emergency. Just my 2c in case you're looking to buy one.
Old 02-16-2016, 12:42 PM   #9200
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

That's what quick releases are for

Using Tapatalk

Old 02-16-2016, 01:09 PM   #9201
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingersmurf View Post
I still think my cobra imola profit is one of the best seats i've ever sat in, not super into the "Nissans must run a bride and takata harness for JDM points" trend. The seat is about fitment, safety, and comfort, if you don't like a certain seat get a different one as long as it is Legit FIA certified, who cares who made it? Totally feel you about the hans device, expensive FIA seats, and fire suppression. I run an endurance car, and these are all required in the series i run in. Shit adds up real fast with safety gear, and you really don't want to cut corners with it either, After-all it is your life you're trying to protect.
Sweet! I've been wanting to give AER a shot, its pretty accessible for an endurance series. Any experience with a cool suit? It gets pretty hot on-grid for us, and at might ambient air temps can be as high as 95 degrees... In-car temps are even worse.
bataangpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 01:24 PM   #9202
Gingersmurf
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
That's what quick releases are for
Lol, i have one. Guess my short legs are the problem then

Quote:
Sweet! I've been wanting to give AER a shot, its pretty accessible for an endurance series. Any experience with a cool suit? It gets pretty hot on-grid for us, and at might ambient air temps can be as high as 95 degrees... In-car temps are even worse.
No experience with a cool suit, but we did a race in cali in the summer and it was unbearable in the car racing. was over a hundred ambient. rigged airvents out the window pointing directly at the drivers face, high powered fans, ect, nothing really helped (though the vent sucked following some stinkier cars) So we have looked into getting a cool suit or rigging something up to simulate it, but we usually race the north west area, which isn't as warm.

Anyways here's some Fail to offset the discussions
Old 02-16-2016, 01:33 PM   #9203
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
To be fair, Sparco stuff is probably safer than any Bride or Takata junk. Rally, F1, and various other real race cars used/use Sparco.

It is just unfortunate that companies such as Sparco and Momo became synonymous with Fast & Furious inspired cars.

Well, unfortunate or awesome. Your call.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM5Mh1GEKf0&start=220&end=229

Last edited by Matej; 02-16-2016 at 02:17 PM..
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 02:28 PM   #9204
Corbic
Post Whore!

"You're doing it wrong" Pt. 2 - Because turrible ideas never die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
To be fair, Sparco stuff is probably safer than any Bride or Takata junk. Rally, F1, and various other real race cars used/use Sparco.

It is just unfortunate that companies such as Sparco and Momo became synonymous with Fast & Furious inspired cars.

Well, unfortunate or awesome. Your call.

Takata is a fucking horrible company. Bride is a blatant Recaro ripoff and Euro crash tests have shown their recliners to be no better than eBay Chinese ones. Brides claim of a maximum of 170lbs in their buckets is confident shaking.

Sparco, Momo, Simpson, Racequip, Sabelt, Corbeau and Procar all suffer the same problem.

While they make excellent products for their respective market place all of them suck at styling and marketing. Most produce the same boring black steering wheels and the trifecta of colored seats - Red, Black, Blue. They also use the same boring bold typeface logos and don't have color mascots the the Tein Sparkplug*, Bride Grip Monster etc.

Bride still rocks the multi color gradient fabrics Recaro made famous in the 70's, the others don't.

Takata has that sick green. Simpson some ugly generic blue. Don't even get me started on Sabelts red and yellow combo.

You won't see any of these guys release animal print seats or cool "Low-Max" marketing terms. It's just generic SCCA bullshit crap.

As for Takata's popularity.... They owe her big time.

*i know it's not a Sparkplug, I'm making fun of the idiots that thought that 15 years ago.
Old 02-16-2016, 02:33 PM   #9205
slamburger
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (24)
slamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really nice
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Dont forget that Dampachi has a girlfriend now too lol Dampati

Also yeah its for sure not a spark plug. Suspension company means hes a Damper.
slamburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 02:43 PM   #9206
Corbic
Post Whore!

"You're doing it wrong" Pt. 2 - Because turrible ideas never die

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamburger View Post
Dont forget that Dampachi has a girlfriend now too lol Dampati

Also yeah its for sure not a spark plug. Suspension company means hes a Damper.

Guess Tein was worried we think he was gay...

Should have made her a spring.... Get it?

But this is the stupid shit that gets people to buy crap. Hypebeasts.

Kinda ironic when you consider the fundamental sin: Thou shalt not covet.

Scholars have argued it's a warning against the poison of letting "things" control you and existing only to acquire them. Collecting sneakers, rare car parts, getting hyped about limited release whatevers.
Old 02-16-2016, 06:01 PM   #9207
ronny.jpn
Zilvia Junkie

ronny.jpn is an unknown quantity at this point

Scrolling through the web. Found this.

(Possibly Zilvia? Cant remember.)

Good stuff.
ronny.jpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 06:09 PM   #9208
sil80takashi
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
sil80takashi is making a name for him/her selfsil80takashi is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
^^^ lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Dude, delete the pictures. He's fucking gone now and hopefully it was an IP ban so he'll stay gone. I've never been so stoked about forum news lol.
wait, what did I miss over the weekend lol
sil80takashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 06:14 PM   #9209
Gingersmurf
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sil80takashi View Post
wait, what did I miss over the weekend lol
Mhubernog180sx got the banhammer. Dunno why other than a mod got mad at the constant crap he caused? Dunno
Old 02-16-2016, 07:18 PM   #9210
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingersmurf View Post
Mhubernog180sx got the banhammer. Dunno why other than a mod got mad at the constant crap he caused? Dunno

He had a nice racist rant.