Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-27-2016, 12:00 AM   #10741
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
The lone black guy covering his face in the pic with all his confederate friends. He's doing it the wrongest.
Def in the back....
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2016, 12:04 AM   #10742
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ok, I think I died a little on the inside.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 12:05 AM   #10743
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSL View Post
If I recall correctly some dude-bro found the pictures on that girls myspace and posted them on bodybuilding.com pretending it was his girlfriend for the lolz. This was back in the day when good trolls were more subtle and worked off self deprecating humour instead of being obnoxious retards.

Simpler times.

OT: Went on the local silvia forum which I haven't been on for 8 or 9 years now to see what sort of cars the kids are building these days. Was surprised actually most builds looked pretty clean. Then I worked out if I filtered the build threads using the word "drift" you get this sort of shit:

But here is the thing... not only does it look like ass but mechanically it's even worse. I don't know what's wrong with young people today but it seems like they don't have the attention span to finish anything. This kid has a 100+ page build thread just jumping from one thing to another without doing anything properly. Tries to wire shit up, has no idea where anything goes. Instead of using google to easily find the 15-20 years worth of information on these cars that is online he just randomly hooks shit up. Nothing works, wires melt, fuses blow. Oh well fuck it move on to something else. Vac and boost lines left unconnected because he doesn't know how to hook anything up and is too lazy to check. Intercooler pipes held together with tape because silicone couplers are too expensive. Engine doesn't run so just ignore that and start trying to fit wide wheels with stretched tires to his trailer. Missing all sorts of important bolts so goes to the hardware store and buys one of those packs of cheap shitty bolts to use in his driveshafts. Not only are they the wrong grade but they are the wrong size. Engine still doesn't run properly because the wiring is fucked and none of the hoses are connected and he is using the ecu from a completely different type of engine because the correct ecu is $75 and that is too expensive. So his conclusion to the engine problems is it must be either the temp sensor or the battery. Right? Ok but now lets worry about wheel spacers instead because a car that doesn't run needs hella offset. Fuel pump falls out of it's cradle because it was shittily held in with zip ties, hose from pump to filter melts because it isn't rated for fuel use. Every single fluid in the car leaks out of somewhere, oil, fuel, coolant, brake fluid, but YOLO right?

The worst part is all his dickhead friends cheering him on, "Looks sick bro". Ok I am not even making this up... he has a roll cage in it made from old street sign poles, but the cage doesn't fit because the legs are too short in places to meet the floor pan so he fucking put blocks of wood in to make up the gap. He gets mad when anyone tells him his shit is fucked up. Someone pointed out how jacked up his cage was and maybe he should not run it, the response... "still better than 95% of the shit on here, so fkn relax" because "Negative feed back is best not said some times" and "if you dont have anything positive to say f**k off."

"It's still probably better then no cage..."
"probably better then no cage..."
"better then no cage..."

That type of fuckery can't be explained
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 01:08 AM   #10744
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
If I recall correctly some dude-bro found the pictures on that girls myspace and posted them on bodybuilding.com pretending it was his girlfriend for the lolz. This was back in the day when good trolls were more subtle and worked off self deprecating humour instead of being obnoxious retards.

Simpler times."

[Ihttp://i.imgur.com/Xal3nl.jpg[/IMG]
I tell you my "build" came the furthest the fastest when i simply said "I'm not spending anymore money on shit unless it directly improves the car as it currently sits." Spent a good bit on proper wiring, fittings, front end fitment, and Nick nacks that were all related to its current running condition. Like "I'm going to re-wire this haggard radio harness, properly route and wire these gauges, make DCC work properly" along with spending hours working and reworking things like the fusebox relocation so it fits nice and wires aren't going to get worn through and shorted, proper relays, accessory fuse boxes
People get too concerned with Moar Stuffz and less with "well does all this Shit actually serve a purpose or am I just making things worse"
And my trash was never even that bad
Old 04-27-2016, 03:03 AM   #10745
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT-PWR View Post
I tell you my "build" came the furthest the fastest when i simply said "I'm not spending anymore money on shit unless it directly improves the car as it currently sits."
funny, thats very true about car builds. though, its a bit of balance because every time i go to do something it ends up requiring more... money. and time. and effort. so its a bit of everything.

with that said, that dude's build is FULL of doing it wrong. i give the kid effort, at least he is trying... but this:

winner winner, chicken dinner!
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 03:11 AM   #10746
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection

so good. SO GOOD.
Old 04-27-2016, 04:03 AM   #10747
TSL
Leaky Injector

TSL is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
funny, thats very true about car builds. though, its a bit of balance because every time i go to do something it ends up requiring more... money. and time. and effort. so its a bit of everything.
That's it, playing with cars always costs more than you think but that's just how it is. You gotta focus on one thing at a time and complete it properly before moving on. Don't get ahead of yourself and have a bit of discipline.

If your engine doesn't run don't go and buy cosmetic shit. Fix your engine. If you can't afford paint then don't buy body parts. Don't buy wheels that don't fit if you can't afford the money it takes to do proper body mods and paint. Don't do dumb shit for looks like this kid bought a high mount manifold to run the stock turbo on it meanwhile his fuel tank has a huge leak and is pissing out fuel everywhere. Can't afford a $75 ecu or a silicone coupler but buys 3 different sets of wheels and spacers to get mad offset.

An almost stock car with mild mods that actually runs properly is a more enjoyable car to own and drive than a permanently half-finished project. That's a fact. You wanna look baller? I'll show you 100 different cars with no body-kits, stock steel fenders with a neat roll/pull with nice wheels that fit with a sensible drop and alignment. Costs almost nothing to do and looks 3000% better than any mismatched painted ziptied knockoff bodykit.

So if you're one of the people who see this thread and get butthurt because your car is featured here or you think "aint care", "it's a track car" whatever bullshit excuse you use for doing it wrong well... This is my free easy life advice for today.

Peace.
TSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 04:09 AM   #10748
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
"While I'm at its" will ruin a project car. I learned this the hard way with a 68 mustang I'm wanting to get rid of now. Started as a couple of small jobs, now it's a shell, and I don't have the time, money, skill, and patience to finish the damned thing. Should have sold that bitch years ago and kept my kouki.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 08:20 AM   #10749
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
It's idiotic younglings feeding idiotic younglings.
Meaning, not too long ago, anyone driving a car with those things done it it would have been laughed off the meeting area.
Now, these idiotic younglings are being cheered, congratulated, sometimes even envied.

That is why when I see a youngling trying to do it right, I try to help in any way I can.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:24 AM   #10750
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Quote:

OT: Went on the local silvia forum which I haven't been on for 8 or 9 years now to see what sort of cars the kids are building these days. Was surprised actually most builds looked pretty clean. Then I worked out if I filtered the build threads using the word "drift" you get this sort of shit:

Whats the forum? I really, really, really, want to create an account to shit on this.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:25 AM   #10751
MadMan88
Leaky Injector

MadMan88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundEfx View Post
It's idiotic younglings feeding idiotic younglings.
Meaning, not too long ago, anyone driving a car with those things done it it would have been laughed off the meeting area.
Now, these idiotic younglings are being cheered, congratulated, sometimes even envied.

That is why when I see a youngling trying to do it right, I try to help in any way I can.
This^ If my father wasn't by my side throughout my 280z build I would have quickly lost track, his knowledge and patience, is ultimately what keeps my young idiotic ass on the right track
MadMan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 09:52 AM   #10752
STR8 H8N
BANNED

STR8 H8N is an unknown quantity at this point
STR8 H8N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 09:53 AM   #10753
STR8 H8N
BANNED

Old 04-27-2016, 11:11 AM   #10754
Wmcleverly

Wmcleverly is an unknown quantity at this point
i just threw up twice looking at those girls....omg yuk
Wmcleverly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 11:22 AM   #10755
Bluejayde
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Bluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT-PWR View Post
No body mentioned dudes NUTS hanging out the front of his fucking pants?!?!

When I noticed that on Facebook I literally hit the deck laughing.
I assumed that this was a reference to it-

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatduece View Post
Is that the famous Texan belt buckle?
Bluejayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 11:47 AM   #10756
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
A little nit picky, and it's supposedly "in progress"... But the lack of monetary priorities and the lack of detail makes it fit here.

Old 04-27-2016, 11:53 AM   #10757
AKsamuraiS14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
AKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
that trans am bird tattoo on her ankle is so hottt
Old 04-27-2016, 11:59 AM   #10758
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Idk about that retro hatch. If it was a coupe and his gauge wasnt hidden by the cupholder I'd tell you to choke on bill cosby
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 12:07 PM   #10759
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post
Hot off the press! Replica S14 Boss kits!

Seriously, fuck this guy. I loath him. Lazy fuck ruining a good thing. If I see anyone with this rep kit, dont be surprised if I just talk shit to your face for days. Not to mention I already see things that fit like shit compared to the real thing. I wonder how much the body work will cost to get this thing to fit as good as the real deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEZxIT View Post
This cars demensions make me thing it looks liek a vw beetle.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 12:13 PM   #10760
STEEZxIT
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
STEEZxIT is on the path to ruinSTEEZxIT is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
The roof rack had that effect on me.

I feel like 85% of the American population is mentally feeble.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
Old 04-27-2016, 12:14 PM   #10761
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Also that last hatch, I just dont understand spending money on all the wood interior and junction produce interior extras, but he still drives around in shitty stock s13 seats?
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 12:14 PM   #10762
STR8 H8N
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post
A little nit picky, and it's supposedly "in progress"... But the lack of monetary priorities and the lack of detail makes it fit here.

lack of monetary priorities and the lack of detail makes it fit here

o really thats it???
Old 04-27-2016, 12:45 PM   #10763
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post
With all the money in chintzy bullshit here, the guy would probably be able to afford a proper part. Like, set of wheels, coils, halfway to an engine swap.

This shit just screams highschooler to me. Can't bare to save up more then $200 at time without blowing it on some stupid garbage.
Old 04-27-2016, 03:11 PM   #10764
derek king
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
derek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
good lord. Missed it by that much
Old 04-27-2016, 03:56 PM   #10765
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEZxIT View Post
Old 04-27-2016, 07:15 PM   #10766
jaysgottaredtop
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
jaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
One of my friends just reminded me about this ugly 302-powered piece of shit

...that became an even uglier piece of shit

...and then had its drivetrain cobbled into this arielatombutnotreally

...which reminded me of that other 302 Miata that looked beyond hideous

It's been a good evening.
Old 04-27-2016, 07:36 PM   #10767
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
edit: sorry, giant pic.

https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...14205863_o.jpg
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 08:00 PM   #10768
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR8 H8N View Post

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn
Old 04-27-2016, 08:37 PM   #10769
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews

Sent from my iPhone
Old 04-27-2016, 08:42 PM   #10770
silviamang
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
silviamang is making a name for him/her selfsilviamang is making a name for him/her selfsilviamang is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
God this thread just gets better and better. I love it.
silviamang is offline   Reply With Quote