Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-13-2011, 03:39 AM   #4081
greeD

Trader Rating: (0)
greeD is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I like the one you posted but is there anyway to do it faster?it looks complicated
greeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2011, 09:04 PM   #4082
Zacho
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
Zacho is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Whenever I go to buy some I just ask for butt weld fittings or "Weld el's".

Finished for a little while. Going to wait on wastegate choice before I weld anything up.
Zacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:24 PM   #4083
crzy240man

crzy240man is an unknown quantity at this point
Some of my SS Tig Welding on Punxva's HKS high power

Old 09-14-2011, 08:19 AM   #4084
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
sick. but the grammar in your sig is terrible. fix it.
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:43 PM   #4085
turtle m3th
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (41)
turtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
This isn't really "fab" but this is my first time stitch welding and I must say that it sucks, haha!
Old 09-14-2011, 07:18 PM   #4086
Breitling
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Breitling is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
throwing around some ideas for a new shift knob.... it would be made from 3/4 inch plate aluminum. Its my attempt at road race meets hillbilly (they would be about 6-8 inches tall).

The black pieces represent rounded black delrin...

what one do you like (if any)

Ls460, 240sx, Super Avenger, Chronofighter, Navitimer
Breitling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:06 AM   #4087
STR8E180
Zilvia Junkie

STR8E180 is an unknown quantity at this point
quad throttle VCT SR20

STR8E180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:33 AM   #4088
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self

geezus!!!!

all custom? parts involved?
Old 09-16-2011, 10:15 AM   #4089
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitling View Post
what one do you like (if any)

The middle one and the one on the right.
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:16 AM   #4090
Sleepy_Steve
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
Sleepy_Steve is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
The throttles and fuel rail look to be off the shelf parts... But nice looking work either way.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:49 PM   #4091
STR8E180
Zilvia Junkie

STR8E180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy_Steve View Post
The throttles and fuel rail look to be off the shelf parts... But nice looking work either way.
fuel rail and plenum camber are of the shelf items
STR8E180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:22 PM   #4092
MidwestMyriad
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
MidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her selfMidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle m3th View Post
This isn't really "fab" but this is my first time stitch welding and I must say that it sucks, haha!
ITAI!!msglth
Old 09-17-2011, 01:18 AM   #4093
Zacho
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
Zacho is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Moar

Zacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 02:37 AM   #4094
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Picking up a Lincoln Precision 185 tomorrow, brand new, with everything.

I'm pumped that the shop will finally have a legit TIG. I'm bummed that the notcher I want (Baleigh TN-250) is $600. Bender and dies are at least that much. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 03:09 AM   #4095
NoPistons!
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
NoPistons! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
After checking some of the work in here i'm almost embarrassed to post this. Best i could do with flux core repairing/reinforcing my frame rail and hood status blast pipes. Seriously hungry for a dc hf-start tig. CDM probably. I'll spring for something better that has post flow/pulse later on. But yeah, less banter, more lowballer fabo. The machine i'm using has what i call "you're damned if you do" amperage control..... Infinite wire speed. Amperage is "min" and "max". No inbetween. =(

Before

After. This was VERY hard to do. Aluminized, thin-walled piping. B/S $120 harbor freight machine bought on a "i need a welder to get me by right now" budget. I'm surprised it came out THIS good. Would i do this for someone else? No. I'd be ashamed of myself. Crush bent merge? C'mon now.....

There are ALOT of stitch welds making that happen. Enough undercoat to make eleventy billion condoms. It's not pretty but it will hold. I didn't bother having the camera there every step of the way. Did the towers and some of the floor as well but it didn't show up well in pics.

Some wheel well work. I burned through ALOT had to keep most of the heat on the patch plates and wash the puddle into the existing metal and back down to the plate. Huge pita.

Machine i'm looking into.

Yes, it's cdm. i've heard many good things from the china tigs. Most guys get 2-3 years of heavy use out of these before they need to service them and in that time they've already paid for themselves. I'll step up to a machine with post flow and pulse later....
Old 09-17-2011, 05:50 AM   #4096
atutt
Zilvia Addict

atutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Picking up a Lincoln Precision 185 tomorrow, brand new, with everything.

I'm pumped that the shop will finally have a legit TIG. I'm bummed that the notcher I want (Baleigh TN-250) is $600. Bender and dies are at least that much. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
My TN-250 should be here by the end of next week
I can't wait for this thing!

Also picking a 4'x4' welding table tonight. It has a 5/8" machine finished top too!
atutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:41 AM   #4097
Otto347
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
Otto347 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by atutt View Post
My TN-250 should be here by the end of next week
I can't wait for this thing!

Also picking a 4'x4' welding table tonight. It has a 5/8" machine finished top too!
That table sounds nice,I was going to build one but was only going 1/2" for the top.

I scored an Invertec-350 from a friend only to find out its throwing the damn err 32 on it. Horshshit.
Otto347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:03 AM   #4098
atutt
Zilvia Addict

atutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto347 View Post
That table sounds nice,I was going to build one but was only going 1/2" for the top.

I scored an Invertec-350 from a friend only to find out its throwing the damn err 32 on it. Horshshit.
I was going to build one as well.. But for $200 for it I certainly won't complain.

Up here I can't even get a 4'x4'x1/2'' thick plate for less a hair under $300....
So this table is a pretty good score...

Another guy had a table for sale for about $800. I was so tempted to buy it.
10'x5'x2 1/2''...... Slotted, drilled and tapped holes... Cast iron. Machined square.

A fabricators dream table! haha!

That's what you get for buying RED! j/k
What's err 32?
Old 09-17-2011, 10:07 AM   #4099
atutt
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoPistons! View Post
After checking some of the work in here i'm almost embarrassed to post this. Best i could do with flux core repairing/reinforcing my frame rail and hood status blast pipes. Seriously hungry for a dc hf-start tig. CDM probably. I'll spring for something better that has post flow/pulse later on. But yeah, less banter, more lowballer fabo. The machine i'm using has what i call "you're damned if you do" amperage control..... Infinite wire speed. Amperage is "min" and "max". No inbetween. =(

Yes, it's cdm. i've heard many good things from the china tigs. Most guys get 2-3 years of heavy use out of these before they need to service them and in that time they've already paid for themselves. I'll step up to a machine with post flow and pulse later....
Look into Everlast TIGs... I have a 250ex TIG and it's awesome. I love it!
I even like the torch that came with it. I'm a pedal guy but I find myself using the trigger on the torch more and more. I end up having just as much pedal control. Maybe slightly better with the upslope and downslope set.

Just a thought.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:30 AM   #4100
Otto347
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
That's what you get for buying RED! j/k
What's err 32?
Lol yeah its some "death" code that means the machine is pretty much toast. Or it is going to cost more than its worth to fix it. But I hadnt payed for it yet

Oh yeah, found this a while ago and figured if anyone hasnt seen it they need to. Nissin pretty much shit on the bender game lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhGHALB4_hQ
Old 09-17-2011, 02:30 PM   #4101
atutt
Zilvia Addict

I've seen a different video of that bender.... Question is can it do bigger and thicker stuff?
Old 09-17-2011, 07:36 PM   #4102
atutt
Zilvia Addict

Ma new fab table...

Old 09-18-2011, 02:37 PM   #4103
i need tires
Zilvia FREAK!

i need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to i need tires
input please first time welding and having my welder work with me properly! Using a Lincoln 125

did a few passes here to work on my "e" technique
Old 09-18-2011, 05:22 PM   #4104
atutt
Zilvia Addict

They look cold. I'd turn up the heat a bit.

You can find a welding calculator on millerwelds.com.

It will give you some real good starting points.

Seat time and patience are key.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:15 PM   #4105
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Fuck your awesome bender and your awesome fab table Atutt. Lol I have a 2' x 4' stainless table that I thought was going to last me forever!

Messing with my shop's wiring now to give myself a 3-prong 220v outlet where I need it, all I've got are these 4-prong 3-phase outlets. Nice to know I've got a 30k VA transformer all to myself with 100A 3-phase if I want to start building Cybertron or something in here.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:37 PM   #4106
atutt
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Fuck your awesome bender and your awesome fab table Atutt. Lol I have a 2' x 4' stainless table that I thought was going to last me forever!

Messing with my shop's wiring now to give myself a 3-prong 220v outlet where I need it, all I've got are these 4-prong 3-phase outlets. Nice to know I've got a 30k VA transformer all to myself with 100A 3-phase if I want to start building Cybertron or something in here.
Man I've been fanning for years without ANY kind of table!!! It was long overdue and well deserved lol.
I've learned in the years I've been welding that no mater what, anything less than 4'x4' x1/2" will never be adequate.
If this table wasn't such a good price. I would have bought a table from my old work.... 4' x 4' x 1 5/8"

At least you're not doing all your work in a single car 19' x 12' garage... All single phase.

So fuck you and your spacious shop with 3-phase!!! Lol
Old 09-18-2011, 08:44 PM   #4107
atutt
Zilvia Addict

Quote:

Man I've been fanning for years without ANY kind of table!!! It was long overdue and well deserved lol.
I've learned in the years I've been welding that no mater what, anything less than 4'x4' x1/2" will never be adequate.
If this table wasn't such a good price. I would have bought a table from my old work.... 4' x 4' x 1 5/8"

At least you're not doing all your work in a single car 19' x 12' garage... All single phase.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:00 PM   #4108
i need tires
Zilvia FREAK!

i need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to i need tires
Quote:
They look cold. I'd turn up the heat a bit.

You can find a welding calculator on millerwelds.com.

It will give you some real good starting points.

Seat time and patience are key.
Thank you, I turned up the heat and made a HUGE difference.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:51 PM   #4109
Otto347
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
YEAH! lol
Old 09-19-2011, 09:41 AM   #4110
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by STR8E180 View Post
fuel rail and plenum camber are of the shelf items
sweet,...thanks for the info