Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-05-2007, 01:46 PM   #91
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
Quote:
Originally Posted by axiomatik View Post
flathead ford.

DO IT!
that'd be bitchin. hooked up to buick tranny and a 9" in the rear.

strip the paint off it, let it rust for awhile, then add some red/white pinstriping to top it off. (no, not really...i love the s15 too much to even think how that would look, lol)
Old 10-05-2007, 02:09 PM   #92
240trooper
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
240trooper is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240trooper Send a message via Yahoo to 240trooper
wow, cant wait to see what he picks, id go with ka-t baby with a fatty t66 , it'd be nuts, but other wise a rb26 still be sick...
240trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 02:09 PM   #93
chad_everson
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (0)
chad_everson is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
haha ya keeping you in suspense.. There for a while I was debating either the nissan titan motor or a single turbo ls2.. But just wanted something better and something a lil more rare than those two motors

Chad
chad_everson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 02:21 PM   #94
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
buick GN motor or a W12
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 02:24 PM   #95
240trooper
Zilvia Addict

you know what ive seen in a 300zx b4, a vh45dett from a q45, pretty crazy, i think he was pumpin out like 800hp, it would still be nissan
Old 10-05-2007, 02:35 PM   #96
240trooper
Zilvia Addict

found a vid, i think there more but ill look forth , <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W8bGB439lm4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W8bGB439lm4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Old 10-05-2007, 02:53 PM   #97
Koopa Troopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Koopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Koopa Troopa
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeper_x View Post
did u see that 3sgte supra in SuperStreet?.....That mk4 was hella light compare to the stock one.....

The GT500 Supras use 3SGTE's to save weight and to distribute the wieght evenly. Top Secret also built a 740 whp 3SGTE Supra

Buy my Stillway shifter!

Koopa Troopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 04:55 PM   #98
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by kura View Post
Ford 408w stroker. 6.7L small block ftw! You could pull off 600+ rwhp n/a. Or if you get a real nice Dart block, you could go past the 450 cube range.

Same engine I'm building right now for my stang. I think LSx are just too common cause of all those people who put them in their RX7's. How often do you see an import with a ford engine?

edit: and you could use an aluminum block and save the weight!

I'm a Ford guy myself, but it just is so cheap to do LSx based builds (esepcially considering how much a Dart block costs).

But yes, the sound of Windsor alone would make me sport some wood. It would make me want to make Tim the Tool Man noises haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa Troopa View Post
I don't think there's a single place to get race gas on Okinawa and there is plenty of 500+ ps SR's running around...
The guy is in America. Most of America has 91 octane piss. Please, when maknig comparisons, think of that.

And fwiw: A 400/400 LS1 would smoke down a 500 hp SR20. No doubt in my mind.

We've been in this debate before, so lets leave it out. I think the last time it basically came down to you never being in light ass good power v8 car, versus me who's been in fast cars from both ends of the spectrum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad_everson View Post
haha ya keeping you in suspense.. There for a while I was debating either the nissan titan motor or a single turbo ls2.. But just wanted something better and something a lil more rare than those two motors
LS7's are just so expensive

Single Turbo ls2 would be nutty. Nutty nutty nutty.

[/QUOTE]

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:46 PM   #99
White Comet
Zilvia Junkie

White Comet is making a name for him/her selfWhite Comet is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR33S14 View Post
please dont put a rotary in it. you'd spend all that time on the build for it to blow up when you pulled it into the street.
this guy knows how to build a rotary

end thread jack, to the op looking good
Old 10-06-2007, 02:42 PM   #100
drftkng951
Zilvia Junkie

drftkng951 has a reputation beyond reputedrftkng951 has a reputation beyond reputedrftkng951 has a reputation beyond reputedrftkng951 has a reputation beyond reputedrftkng951 has a reputation beyond reputedrftkng951 has a reputation beyond reputedrftkng951 has a reputation beyond reputedrftkng951 has a reputation beyond reputedrftkng951 has a reputation beyond reputedrftkng951 has a reputation beyond reputedrftkng951 has a reputation beyond repute
PUT A VQ MOTOR IN IT!!!!
the 1 from the G37 would be sweet with its VVEL......

j/k would be insanly expensive...
drftkng951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 02:55 PM   #101
240trooper
Zilvia Addict

i like the twin intake in that pick, mean twin turbooooo, like i said a 4.5 nissan v8 305 rated hp but we all know its more
Old 10-06-2007, 03:06 PM   #102
fastasssr20
Leaky Injector

fastasssr20 is a well-known jackass
cummins diesel that would be different and make tons of power jk
fastasssr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 02:30 PM   #103
chad_everson

well hopefully by middle of next month I can show you guys the motor I a putting in it. Should have enough by than to buy it.. Will be going in soon there after..

Chad
Old 10-07-2007, 04:57 PM   #104
JRas
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
JRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JRas
Ls7

F-Turbo Lag
JRas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:59 PM   #105
KRMS13
Leaky Injector

KRMS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
that is nice bro! keep us updated!
Old 10-07-2007, 05:07 PM   #106
cfinch
Zilvia Addict

cfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ sweet bulldog! lol!
cfinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 06:30 PM   #107
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

CursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfection
After all the guesses on the motor, I am hoping for something jaw dropping amazing.

C&Y Sports does make a kit for 2JZ into S15 though.
CursedGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 08:01 PM   #108
wannabe_drifter
Zilvia Member

wannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to behold
Skyline GTR R35 engine !! that would be insane !!!
(I saw on supercars.net that it is supposed to be a VR38DETT !!!)

* but also insanely expensive !!!
Old 10-07-2007, 09:39 PM   #109
Koopa Troopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Koopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Koopa Troopa
Uhh No such thing as a R35... V35 uses the VQ35 from the 350Z...

Buy my Stillway shifter!

Koopa Troopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 10:15 PM   #110
chad_everson

I am not doing a 2jz swap.. I hate that swap actually lol..
Chad
Old 10-07-2007, 10:19 PM   #111
wannabe_drifter
Zilvia Member

wannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to behold
I dunno about R35 or V35, I meant the next skyline GT-R or Nissan GT-R (whatever) coming out soon...
16 days from now : http://www.gtrnissan.com/

Its not gonna use an N/A 6 from the 350z...

Btw sorry for threadjack....
Can't wait to see what you actually put in there !!! its an awesome car !!!
Old 10-08-2007, 08:13 PM   #112
chad_everson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRas View Post
Ls7

F-Turbo Lag
haha that is a good point.. but holy damn are those spendy set ups

chad
Old 10-08-2007, 08:26 PM   #113
RUTH'LESSDET
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
RUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to RUTH'LESSDET
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad_everson View Post
the reason is for the love of building a bad ass track car that I will daily in the summer and take to the track and have a lot of fun with...
you got that right dude good luck with the build....my subscription is paid in full!!!!
Old 10-08-2007, 08:29 PM   #114
EJ253
Zilvia FREAK!

EJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to EJ253 Send a message via MSN to EJ253
LS7 would be sick.

everyone will hate it but who cares about them haha
EJ253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 10:45 PM   #115
chad_everson

I do not think everyone would hate it actually I think A lot of people would like it. But i think a lot of people are going to like what I do with too

Chad
Old 10-08-2007, 11:08 PM   #116
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Ferrari F430 v8

...........the suspense is killing me...
Old 10-09-2007, 10:08 AM   #117
kura

kura is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to kura
I just bought a 1969 351w block and heads for 200 bucks from a guy who had them sitting in his shed for 20 years. The 69 351w is the strongest of the production castings and can handle upwards of 700hp. And for the price? A 150 or so shot of nitrous, and you can have that 700 when you need it, and still have a friendly engine. Or supercharge it and have piles of tq instantly.

Smallblock Fords are cheap to build. That's the beauty of it. For $4,000 you can have a fully forged 408w stroker, a nice set of heads, and a custom grind cam, and put out over 550hp n/a on "91 crap" with some supporting mods. A lot of stuff from a 302w will work with a 351w and you can find junked 5.0 (302) fords by the pile.

Just a thought I'd love to see a Ford in an import for a change. LSx got too common cause of the rx7's.
kura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 11:58 AM   #118
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
being common doesn't make things less good though. being good is what makes things common.
Andrew Bohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 01:57 PM   #119
chad_everson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Bohan View Post
being common doesn't make things less good though. being good is what makes things common.

very well put..
Old 10-09-2007, 02:37 PM   #120
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Bohan View Post
QFT....and for that u get some rep