Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Eastern States

South Eastern States Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:00 AM   #1
rican_nick
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
rican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rican_nick
Tuning in GA

there are tons of shops in ATL. All of which i have heard good and bad stories from.

just wondering if anyone has had good/bad experiences with tuning shops in GA.

SR w/ PFC is what I have.

My Seller's Review Thread
rican_nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2008, 08:40 PM   #2
ZenkiCam
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
ZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ZenkiCam
Yes..... Top Hat Performance sucks, Mainstream is pretty High, and Batlground has a bunch of dicks working there.

Check out Balanced performance. They got the Best tuner In the Southeast working for them... (and when i say best i mean best, recognized by many magazines, people from all over the US come to him along with many of the american lemans racing teams. His Name Is Ed Senf. and i trust him with my car like no other..

Cameron
ZenkiCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 04:06 PM   #3
brentS13!/240atlanta.com

brentS13!/240atlanta.com is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to brentS13!/240atlanta.com
i 2nd ZenkiCam on the Top Hat comment i havent heard anything about Batlground

but i hear Lethal Injection is good, but pricey
brentS13!/240atlanta.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 04:30 PM   #4
PITCH
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
PITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentS13!/240atlanta.com View Post

but i hear Lethal Injection is good, but pricey
That's cause their in Alpharetta LOL.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:54 PM   #5
emailingjpb

emailingjpb is an unknown quantity at this point
Tiger Racing

I got my SR20DET redtop built to the hilt from Tiger and have had NO problems EVER. Dave (V-Emp) is the shiz-nit! Join up at 240atlanta.com and check out some locals! Good luck!--J.P.
emailingjpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 04:53 PM   #6
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITCH View Post
That's cause their in Alpharetta LOL.
breathing is more exspensive in alpharetta
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:55 PM   #7
sTalnOut
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
sTalnOut is just really nicesTalnOut is just really nicesTalnOut is just really nicesTalnOut is just really nicesTalnOut is just really nicesTalnOut is just really nicesTalnOut is just really nicesTalnOut is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sTalnOut
have you try Z1 Motorsports or Forged Performance
sTalnOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:25 PM   #8
brentS13!/240atlanta.com

brentS13!/240atlanta.com is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to brentS13!/240atlanta.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by future240 View Post
breathing is more exspensive in alpharetta
lol, im probably moving there and the end of this school year. i need a roomate though.
brentS13!/240atlanta.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:30 PM   #9
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentS13!/240atlanta.com View Post
lol, im probably moving there and the end of this school year. i need a roomate though.
good luck with finding a roomate, I'm glad my college town (good ol statesboro GA) is cheap as hell when it comes to livin. Hey if worse comes to worse you could always sell a kidney on the black market, might get you gas and a room for a month
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 12:51 AM   #10
youngbrazee1
Leaky Injector

youngbrazee1 has made poor choicesyoungbrazee1 has made poor choicesyoungbrazee1 has made poor choicesyoungbrazee1 has made poor choicesyoungbrazee1 has made poor choicesyoungbrazee1 has made poor choices
is the atl racing scene hot or are cops everywhere
youngbrazee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 02:48 PM   #11
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngbrazee1 View Post
is the atl racing scene hot or are cops everywhere
With that mentality you're going to get stopped. There's two 'scenes' in Atlanta, there's the 16-21yr old fucks who drift and drag race on public roads, which you seem to fit into, then there's actually a group of intelligent enthusiasts who run SCCA, road course, and other sanctioned, legal events, and avoid the car shows, cruises, and other hot spots because it's just a magnet for hoodlums to steal parts and act tough. 90% of the tuning shops are like that too.

As far as tuning, Lethal is the best choice I've found, I know the guys there well and they do good work for a fair price. Balanced does great work if you plan to mortgage your house, but even then they do shortcuts, I had numerous problems when I had piping work done there a few years ago. BatlGround is fine as long as Dan is doing the tuning, sadly he's usually too busy with other projects and someone else does it. Z1 only does Z32, Z33, and V35 work so they won't touch an Schassis. Forged seems to be the same way, though they do some Subaru work so maybe they'd take on a 240SX. TopHat, I can't even begin to comment. I'd rather get gang raped in prison than to go there.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 05:09 PM   #12
Phoen_x_s14
Zilvia Junkie

Phoen_x_s14 is making a name for him/her selfPhoen_x_s14 is making a name for him/her self
Hey guys, just to be sure I googled this right, but does Lethal injection have 2 shop locations?

I see the one located in alpharetta:
205 Tidwell Dr, Alpharetta, GA
(770) 343-9968

And there's also one in Marietta:
1535 Rosewood Cir SE, Marietta, GA
(770) 971-1142

Does anyone have any experince from the Marietta location? I ask this because it's basically a 16-20 min drive from my work place so I would be able to drop of my car sometime before/after work.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:11 PM   #13
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
I'll ask some of the guys one 240atlanta.com
Old 05-15-2008, 06:58 PM   #14
projectRDM
Post Whore!

projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoen_x_s14 View Post
Hey guys, just to be sure I googled this right, but does Lethal injection have 2 shop locations?

I see the one located in alpharetta:
205 Tidwell Dr, Alpharetta, GA
(770) 343-9968

And there's also one in Marietta:
1535 Rosewood Cir SE, Marietta, GA
(770) 971-1142

Does anyone have any experince from the Marietta location? I ask this because it's basically a 16-20 min drive from my work place so I would be able to drop of my car sometime before/after work.

Marietta is their old location, they moved to Alpharetta a few months ago. I guess google hasn't updated yet.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:52 PM   #15
nzmoman
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
nzmoman is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I did my first swap with Sammy (Tiger Racing) about 4 years ago. That is a great little place to go. He is fair on pricing, but with the drift season moving forward, I don't know what his availability is, but he will always shoot straight with you.

The comments about the wanna be thugs is true, I dont really ride down into Atlanta or Norcross anymore because I got tired of the Fast and the Furious dreamers which plague the local scene and forums and every other tuner wanting to street race.

Im in Alpharetta, the cost of living is higher, but whats worse is that lots of the neighborhoods (mine) are full of snobs. I can't do major auto work (motor swaps) in the neighborhood so I have to go to another location. Luckily I know someone with a large shop and several acres and no Neighborhood Association. And resonators and silencers are a must...

All in all, it will be what you make it, but if you make it about ridiculous crap then stay the hell away from the black widebody kouki driven by an ugly black man...that would be me.

propjectRDM you got a PM
nzmoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 08:34 AM   #16
Phoen_x_s14
Zilvia Junkie

Phoen_x_s14 is making a name for him/her selfPhoen_x_s14 is making a name for him/her self
I actually live by Tiger, and known him when he was draggin the RX7 but yeah he's pretty busy right about now. It's funny how when I would stop by to ask his thoughts on a RB swap back then some ricer would show up to ask to do work on things like RHD conversions on a crx or replacing all the bushings on a show car... seems like it annoyed Tiger a bit. I wouldn't bother Tiger unless it would be some motor/tranny work.

Yeah I believe it though with how Alpharetta's thing with the motorsports culture...I used to intern off of Mansell rd, cops loved to tail me to see if I was that dumb to pull something stupid in front of them.

nzmoman - I know it's off subject, but you wouldn't have any spare parts laying around do ya?
Old 06-17-2008, 08:07 PM   #17
gottdeskrieges
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
gottdeskrieges will become famous soon enoughgottdeskrieges will become famous soon enoughgottdeskrieges will become famous soon enoughgottdeskrieges will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to gottdeskrieges
AAP Motorsports/R2B2-- Chris anderson is a awesome tuner...He has my business when Im in ATL. I stand by Ed as well.... other than that im not sure who else I'd trust.
gottdeskrieges is offline   Reply With Quote