Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Eastern States

South Eastern States Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.

Old 08-20-2007, 06:59 AM   #1
rmounier

Trader Rating: (0)
rmounier is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s14 XAT vs Driven Concepts in Tampa

I went to both shops for work on my s14 sr engine. Here is my findings, I am not trying to hurt or help anyone, but here is my honest opinion, because i have heard good and bad from both places.

I did my swap myself s14 sr engine into an s14 chassis, but it was not running completely right, the engine is bone stock, paid over 1k at Driven Concepts for them to put 2 gauges, fix my lower harness, a used alternator and finish my ac which i had already done the weldings on the ac lines. Still had a problem with car and took it back because my car was running up to 4k rpm then dying and it was burning real rich. their mechanic took 3 hours to check the car out and found nothing on it, he wanted me to bring the car back another day, to try and figure out what was wrong with it.

I was going to bring it back, but on my way home i stopped at XAT and spoke to Cassie, explained to him the problems, and as soon as i popped my hood open he knew the issue (s13 maf on an s14 engine) i should have cought that, but i am not the pro here.

My car was fixed with a Super afc neo, by XAT they did a great job (Martin and Taylor).

OH, almost forgot, Driven Concepts hooked up my actuator line to the cylinder that comes attached to the igniter bracket, which i found, that it is not used at all, therefore my car could have ran up to 30psi or even more, its crazy how Driven Concepts handled my car, they even had a new guy taking care of me, who messed up all the paperwork, gave me prices and then changed them because he did not know, told me the alternator install would be free (not) just a whole list of problems with him.

I am sure Ian will respond with his own side of the story, that is fine, this is just my own experience with both shops. As a honest person, i just want you guys to be carefull when chossing a shop. I have dealt with Doug at Z-fever and he is pretty cool, but i have not done a lot with him, however, my uncle is taking him a z32 to do some work, we will see.
rmounier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2007, 03:49 PM   #2
FinalDrive
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
FinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I've heard good things about XAT as well. I haven't had dealt with them in person, but I've ordered a few things from them and never had a problem.
FinalDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:16 AM   #3
jrmiller84
Zilvia FREAK!

jrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jrmiller84
I've read reviews of people finding electrical tape in their intake manifold after they decide to use it to cover a boost leak. Also read a few other negative reviews of peoples cars overheating after getting swaps done. But what do I know. Just hearing those kind of rumors was enough to rule them out for me.

This is why I decided to buy my parts through Enjuku and do the swap myself.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:43 AM   #4
ripnbst
Zilvia Addict

ripnbst is making a name for him/her selfripnbst is making a name for him/her selfripnbst is making a name for him/her self
Electrical tape in the intake mani to fix boost leak Jesus Christ.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:58 PM   #5
nissan ka

nissan ka is an unknown quantity at this point
i got my allignment done at xat.... baaaaaalllllerrrrrrrr!
nissan ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 08:23 AM   #6
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
isnt XAT the place that did that god awful s13 wit hte trans am front end?
Old 09-02-2007, 10:38 AM   #7
nissan ka

nissan ka is an unknown quantity at this point
yes, and i feel exactly the same about it as you do. now it has a sil front though
nissan ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:32 AM   #8
Devil Man
Zilvia Junkie

Devil Man is an unknown quantity at this point
not by choice though
Devil Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:45 AM   #9
roel03
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (23)
roel03 is making a name for him/her selfroel03 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I have delt with both.
Xat is the fucking shit. They will get it right the first time.
Driven concepts has no clue what they are doing and sucks ass.
When I went the the board with "todays to do list" said find missing mustang bolts.
roel03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 02:13 PM   #10
Devil Man
Zilvia Junkie

Devil Man is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan ka View Post
yes, and i feel exactly the same about it as you do. now it has a sil front though
Quote:
Originally Posted by roel03 View Post
When I went the the board with "todays to do list" said find missing mustang bolts.
but hey that stuff does happen. still funny and not reasuring.
Devil Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 04:06 PM   #11
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan ka View Post

THANK FUCKING GOD.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:04 PM   #12
Hotcakes0007

Hotcakes0007 is a well-known jackass
Matrin and Taylor ARE GODS!!!!
Hotcakes0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 07:28 PM   #13
Jodan
Zilvia Member

Jodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Jodan
DC is lametown US-Fuckin-A
Old 02-12-2008, 05:17 PM   #14
DanDriftS13
Leaky Injector

DanDriftS13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcakes0007 View Post
Matrin and Taylor ARE GODS!!!!
Haha yes they are indeed. Martin will be doing a Rom tune on my car in a week on the 20th... That man is a genius when it comes to tuning.
DanDriftS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 11:03 AM   #15
MADSilvia
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
MADSilvia is making a name for him/her selfMADSilvia is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I love XAT.. I got my swap done there over three years ago, and never had any problems with it. In the last two years I've put over 40,000 miles on the engine going to work and school everyday. All I've changed are little $10-20 gaskets here and there, but thats normal were-n-tear.. AC blows cold and all.. Everyone there is Awsome..

Thank You XAT!!!
Old 03-04-2008, 04:46 AM   #16
SlideWell
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
XAT the place to bring your S-Chassis in the area? it looks like im moving back to the Clearwater/Tampa area soon.
SlideWell is offline   Reply With Quote