Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-25-2015, 12:42 AM   #1
ILoveJDM
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
ILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I was in the industry for 4 years, The wraps themselves are not expensive..you're paying for the labour. 5ftx75ft which is enough to do a Van, is roughly $700 to your door for the highest quality 3M material.

Want to know a secret? Vinyl work doesnt cost shit. All those die-cut stickers you guys pay $5 for cost $.10 in material. Printed box slap stickers from your cool drift team? $.20 in material, a couple cents for the ink, then you're paying for someone to cut them out and laminate them after they are printed.

Want to save more than HALF of what this shit costs? Learn to graphic design in your free time download a program, get cracking, youtube videos on different techniques to achieve what you want. You will be able to Set up all the work so that when you bring it in to get printed, all they need to do is drop the file and click go. You skip the set-up fee, skip the design fee, but you still get sewered on the insane markup for material cost.

Here was my last car, full wrap which I did myself.. $700 USD, I replicated the signal auto splash, bought my own chrome and white for the underlay, guess how much it cost me? $50. Having a shop do that for you? $300+ for the graphics with design time, $1500+ labour for wrap.

Old 07-25-2015, 06:42 AM   #2
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
hey guys i think stickers are cheap. not sure if this is how it works, but i hear if someone puts them on for you, you have to pay for labor?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveJDM View Post
Want to save more than HALF of what this shit costs? Learn to graphic design in your free time
done. I think i'm ready to wrap my car like a pro.

but more seriously, your shop would have charged $1800 for a signal auto splash down my fender line..?
Pretty sure practicing wrapping (aka having patience) would save you more money than learning photoshop.
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 08:32 AM   #3
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveJDM View Post
Want to save more than HALF of what this shit costs? Learn to graphic design in your free time download a program, get cracking, youtube videos on different techniques to achieve what you want.
This is why I quit. Too many cheapskates. I actually went to school for design and some Joe fresh off youtube is always willing to undercut for "exposure".

That and the majority of people never do it right.

vs.

Old 07-28-2015, 09:20 AM   #4
ziptie
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
ziptie is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
double post

Last edited by ziptie; 07-28-2015 at 10:03 AM..
ziptie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 10:03 AM   #5
ziptie
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
ziptie is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
This is why I quit. Too many cheapskates. I actually went to school for design and some Joe fresh off youtube is always willing to undercut for "exposure".
If you feel like coming out of retirement let me know

Otherwise, if anyone can recommend someone decent to design a vector file for a wrap please let me know.

I've got a cressida that needs a wrap for an event in October. I have Tezuka (Kids Heart) driving it so I want it to look decent. I have a pretty shitty design as like a basis of what I want, I've got all the logos that need to be on there

I've tried about 5 different people and most haven't got back to me, or if they have, after the initial response communication is really really poor.

I understand they probably get a lot of dreamers messaging them, especially since vinyl decals have come back in fashion among drifters, buts it's doing my absolute head in. Not looking for free labor, I will pay. So if anyone knows someone or has a mate who would be keen and wants money let them know to pm me on here or www.facebook.com/idmotorsportlogistics

This is the car in question;

Old 07-28-2015, 10:22 AM   #6
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziptie View Post
Otherwise, if anyone can recommend someone decent to design a vector file for a wrap please let me know.
Hey man, hit up Eleven's Paint & Fiber (Dylan & Dalton Bedore) on facebook, they're located in Phoenix, AZ and have done vinyl designs for out of state customers before. They do amazing work.

TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote