Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:59 PM   #1
fcdrifter20
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
fcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
The Boondocks(season 3)

I don't know if anyone else has been keeping up with the latest season or not, but so far its been pretty damn good.

This last weeks episode was the funniest, most racist(more so than usual) thing i have ever seen on television.....I LOVED IT!! LOL..Was any one else paying attention to the songs they had playing in the background through out the show, they were something else.

For those of you who didn't catch it, don't be surprised if they don't let them come back for another season, based on just this episode...ya it was that bad lol

I love the Boondocks and i cant wait to see this weeks episode...Oh how i wish it was Sunday already
fcdrifter20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2010, 12:29 AM   #2
satal95
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (24)
satal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Love the season so far and yeah I was surprised they let episode 4 air. Cant wait for the season to be over so the unedited set comes out. But yeah I won't be surprised if this is the last season because of how far there taking it this season

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHgPAxVp_P0

5:05 in the video is why lol
Old 05-26-2010, 07:04 AM   #3
Kamburrito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (25)
Kamburrito is close to perfectionKamburrito is close to perfectionKamburrito is close to perfectionKamburrito is close to perfectionKamburrito is close to perfectionKamburrito is close to perfectionKamburrito is close to perfectionKamburrito is close to perfectionKamburrito is close to perfectionKamburrito is close to perfectionKamburrito is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kamburrito
im waiting for it to come out on dvd. not sure if its out yet or not. i already own season one and two. it is THE shit.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:06 AM   #4
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Yeah this is pretty hilarious so far. I'm happy it finally came back to A/S. It seems like it was off for such a long time. The animation is really improved from the past seasons.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:21 AM   #5
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
I loooove Boondocks! I always hesitated to start a thread on it since i figured someone would inevitably say something that pissed me off about the controversial subject matter.

I have alot of high hopes for this final season, but so far I haven't been impressed yet:
-The first episode was more thought provoking than actually funny (which is all good).

-The second episode was alright, but I have homies who rap and identified with Thugnificent, so they thought it was hilarious.

-The third episode was a total ripoff of Samurai Champloo's baseball episode. But then again, since Aaron McGruder is such an obvious fan of Champloo, I guess you can call it more of an homage rather than a ripoff...

-The fourth episode... was funny and yet alarmingly insulting. Made me feel like I was watching Family Guy or South Park, which is good. You know that conflicted feeling you get when you know you shouldn't be laughing but it's really funny to you?
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:51 AM   #6
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post

-The third episode was a total ripoff of Samurai Champloo's baseball episode. But then again, since Aaron McGruder is such an obvious fan of Champloo, I guess you can call it more of an homage rather than a ripoff...

thats the episode i wanted to watch but missed...shit looked pretty intertaining to me...might YT it tonight...

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:59 AM   #7
MADE
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
MADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
This season is way off the mark, so far I found nothing funny. The last episode was so dumb I didnt get to the 8 min mark. I loved the show, but so far its a let down.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:49 AM   #8
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I'm a huge Boondocks fan. I remember following the comics in the Source magazines waaaayyyyy back. Anyways this is the end for the Boondocks TV series (Season 3). Rumor has it that Aaron McGruder may return to syndicated comics, but there's no proof backing that claim.

My stand out episodes were the Thugnificient and last weeks kick ball episodes. I loved the ICT-T and Solja Boy reference And when Thugnificient was on DJ Vlad?!?! Tooo funny...

(Artichoke) Crank dat: YouTube - BoondocksBootleg.com Exclusive: Sergeant Gutter - "Artichoke (Crank That)"

soulja boy would make something like this too

The references for the episode:

Ghostface addressing fans not buying his album
YouTube - Ghostface Killah speaks to his MySpace fans

Soulja Boy vs Ice T
YouTube - Soulja Boy vs. Ice-T

Boogie Nights Scene
YouTube - Boogie Nights - Drug Deal Scene

And last weeks one was a big shoutout to Shaolin soccer and the Champloo baseball episode.
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:26 AM   #9
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Yeah the Kick Ball episode was good stuff.
The over dramatic pitches and battling was really well done.

And of course Uncle Ruckus just doing what he does best.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:32 AM   #10
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Damn, I fucking love this show, hahah.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08S4poMGvwA

That song is fucking hilarious.
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:51 AM   #11
fcdrifter20
Post Whore!

fcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to behold
i love how when ever they do something music wise on the Boondocks, they find a way to some how incorporate all the rap beefs and other bs that going on in rap and hip hop.

Any one else notice how thats the first time they used that auto tune garbage for Thugnificient's songs...

Last edited by fcdrifter20; 05-26-2010 at 11:16 AM..
Old 05-26-2010, 11:49 AM   #12
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
I'm sad this is the last season. It speaks so much truth in such a hilarious way. One of the few programs on tv that is worth paying for cable for.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 01:16 PM   #13
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Personally, I am disappointed so far...
The jokes are stale and feel as such. Joking about things that were new last year or the year before are not so great an idea. It shows that there was NOTHING done as far as new writing for this season, and that bothers me.
As someone who followed the strip in the source (I still have the issues in a cabinet at home), and through the strip (have them all on the computer and all the books) and following both seasons, I am angered that they DIDN'T do any new writing in the year that they were wrangling to even get the damned season on the air.
I hate to have to say it, but these jokes -- mildly amusing now -- would be fucking HILARIOUS if they had been told even this time last year.
I'm not giving up hope, but I have found it hard to keep my undivided attention on this season of the Boondocks, and it hurts worse that this will be the last of it.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 01:23 PM   #14
fcdrifter20
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP View Post
Personally, I am disappointed so far...
The jokes are stale and feel as such. Joking about things that were new last year or the year before are not so great an idea. It shows that there was NOTHING done as far as new writing for this season, and that bothers me.
As someone who followed the strip in the source (I still have the issues in a cabinet at home), and through the strip (have them all on the computer and all the books) and following both seasons, I am angered that they DIDN'T do any new writing in the year that they were wrangling to even get the damned season on the air.
I hate to have to say it, but these jokes -- mildly amusing now -- would be fucking HILARIOUS if they had been told even this time last year.
I'm not giving up hope, but I have found it hard to keep my undivided attention on this season of the Boondocks, and it hurts worse that this will be the last of it.
Ya, i know what you mean. Sucks it took forever to get this season on the air..and as you stated a lot of the jokes this season would probably have been way funnier if aired 1year or so sooner.....but we still got the rest of the season to see what else they came up with.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:33 PM   #15
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post

The references for the episode:

Ghostface addressing fans not buying his album
YouTube - Ghostface Killah speaks to his MySpace fans

Soulja Boy vs Ice T
YouTube - Soulja Boy vs. Ice-T

Thanks, Tricky... I didn't know about the GFK vid or the Ice-T/Soulja Boy shit...

You guys are right though. We're getting alot of topical humor right now. This is like how 'In Living Color' was crazy funny back in the day but now it's all meh cause they had soooo many skits based on current events from 20 years ago...
Old 05-26-2010, 08:37 PM   #16
soreballz
Post Whore!

soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
I've been rather disappointed with this season so far.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 01:35 PM   #17
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
As much as I love Uncle Ruckus and his racist antics, I thought the last episode was pretty meh. The last episode I really like Uncle Ruckus was when he thought he was white and me Reagan in heaven.

Next weeks episode looks good!

YouTube - The Boondocks Stinkmeaner 3: The Hateocracy Adult Swim Promo
Old 05-27-2010, 03:14 PM   #18
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^ Oh shit that looks good! Might be the first really good episode of the season!

OMFG!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjc_RqjOuPc

Damn! Stinkmeaner just clowned everybody in this thread! lol
Old 05-27-2010, 06:12 PM   #19
lou's40sx
BANNED

Trader Rating: (54)
lou's40sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
I saw the Racist music episode, and it was stupid and not funny nor interesting. All it featured was black/racial slurs in a song. I find the American anime or manga style or play on the Japanese cartoon of the show is a joke. The japanese uses the cartoon to do fireballs and cool fight scenes. Boondocks just has racism/adult contents that has been played out in every day life. Anime should take you to a new world, and this show is a cartoon version of stupidity and racism in the world.

We all know racism, and all that, let's not kick a dead horse by introducing to kids that may watch the show and learn the language.
I didn't find the episode remotely valueable nor entertaining. No creativity and it simply talks about boring old racism in a non creative expression. The writing is not remotely close to SouthPark or Family guy, I dislike the episode and the show.
lou's40sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 06:23 PM   #20
Kamburrito
Nissanaholic!

Kamburrito is close to perfectionKamburrito is close to perfectionKamburrito is close to perfectionKamburrito is close to perfectionKamburrito is close to perfectionKamburrito is close to perfectionKamburrito is close to perfectionKamburrito is close to perfectionKamburrito is close to perfectionKamburrito is close to perfectionKamburrito is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Kamburrito
Quote:
Originally Posted by lou's40sx View Post
I saw the Racist music episode, and it was stupid and not funny nor interesting. All it featured was black/racial slurs in a song. I find the American anime or manga style or play on the Japanese cartoon of the show is a joke. The japanese uses the cartoon to do fireballs and cool fight scenes. Boondocks just has racism/adult contents that has been played out in every day life. Anime should take you to a new world, and this show is a cartoon version of stupidity and racism in the world.

We all know racism, and all that, let's not kick a dead horse by introducing to kids that may watch the show and learn the language.
I didn't find the episode remotely valueable nor entertaining. No creativity and it simply talks about boring old racism in a non creative expression. The writing is not remotely close to SouthPark or Family guy, I dislike the episode and the show.
sup dude, brian fong said trade ur aero bumper with my k's bumper

hahah , ON TOPIC, the show bases it's jokes on obvious stereotypes, and to me it's fucking hilarious, no offense because you are entitled to your own opinion, it's just aimed probably towards a different crowd with a different aspect. what you see as racism, we might see as pure comedy, well not the hardcore racism atleast.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:47 PM   #21
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:

Sure it has some jokes like that, but much more of it is just examining the failures of Black culture and making fun of it, mixed with some social-political commentary. But I guess South Park's writing is where it's at for you...and that's cool...
Old 05-27-2010, 06:52 PM   #22
lou's40sx
BANNED

Trader Rating: (54)
lou's40sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamburrito View Post
sup dude, brian fong said trade ur aero bumper with my k's bumper

hahah , ON TOPIC, the show bases it's jokes on obvious stereotypes, and to me it's fucking hilarious, no offense because you are entitled to your own opinion, it's just aimed probably towards a different crowd with a different aspect. what you see as racism, we might see as pure comedy, well not the hardcore racism atleast.
Brian Fong LOLz. That's funny racism there, good guy. I've gone through many Silvia bumpers, started to miss and love the pop ups now. Picked up an LE hatch shell last week. =)

With regards to the show, you're right. Everything has an intent for the right audience. Enjoy.
lou's40sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:18 PM   #23
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:

I find myself wondering if that was your first and only Boondocks episode. If you are unable to see the satire in this show, then yes, it is obivously not for you. I thought that Obama election episode made a very poignant statement about how many of us Americans (not just Black ppl) view the political process and that particular occasion.

The use of anime styled action scenes is an homage to the creator's obvious love of anime (especially Samurai Champloo) and asian movie culture... see the Blind Samurai of season 1 aka Zatoichi and Bushido Brown is on based Jim Kelly's character from 'Enter the Dragon'. Ragardless of this... this show ain't no anime, man. That would be like calling Avatar: The Last Airbender of Jackie Chan Adventures anime... It just don't fit.

If you don't like the show or get the point of it ridiculing stereotypes to expose societal shortcomings and forcefully prompt change through humor, that's cool. It's your prerogative. We just see things a little different than you do and then we laugh at them. Theres a time to be serious and theres a time to laugh. When Boondocks is on... it's time to laugh.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:54 PM   #24
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
That last episode wasn't funny, it was sad! It was so over the top that I feel asleep on it! Im pretty sure the ruckus episode will be the worst of the season! Looking forward to the rest!
lewisfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:48 AM   #25
fcdrifter20
Post Whore!

I don't know about you guys, but i was expecting a bit more out of last nights episode. I kinda went to bed a bit disappointed
Old 05-31-2010, 01:12 PM   #26
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^I didn't! Bushido!!!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

By far, The Hateocracy is my favorite episode this season. Oh god... when Grandad threw Jasmine's ass down them stairs?!
Old 05-31-2010, 01:33 PM   #27
佩恩_
Zilvia Junkie

佩恩_ is an unknown quantity at this point
funniest shit ever!
佩恩_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:22 PM   #28
MADE
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
MADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ok this season's episode 5 was pretty good.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:42 PM   #29
fcdrifter20
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
^^^I didn't! Bushido!!!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

By far, The Hateocracy is my favorite episode this season. Oh god... when Grandad threw Jasmine's ass down them stairs?!

dont get me wrong,I loved the fight scenes , but i didn't like the story behind it much.....

and yeah when Grandad threw Jamsine, then kicked Tom down the stairs was pretty funny shit
Old 05-31-2010, 10:44 PM   #30
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

"Thank god for the polic....um...WHO SNITCHED?!?"

That episode was GREAT!!! Too many funny moments. The 28 Weeks Later spoof was amazing, with Uncle Ruckus in the boat.

RIP Grandmaster Bushido Brown.