Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:21 AM   #31
besTint
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (81)
besTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 81 reviews
Send a message via AIM to besTint
what would the previous owner of the vette say if he saw all this Luke? i saw the car the night you picked it up and it was flawless. i think he would cry.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:27 AM   #32
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Loving this build more and more every time I see updates!

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:53 AM   #33
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
ZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
what colour is this bad boy gonna be?
Old 01-07-2011, 07:25 AM   #34
thetopcow
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
thetopcow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetopcow View Post
I have a question about the door bars but right now I can't find the rules on my phone. I want to do door bars like you have done, but don't want to be redoing them if they are not compliant. I will get the rule quote up tonight cuz I want your interpretation since you have been there and done that.
Yes I quoted myself from earlier to save double posting.

Please interpret this.

This is from the 2011 FD Rule Book:

7.4.11 Side Protection:
All cars shall have a minimum of two (2) door bars across each front door opening. The door bars may run parallel, or in the shape of an “X”. If the two door bars do not intersect as they do when forming an “X”, then a minimum of two vertical tube sections shall connect the upper and lower door bars. Teams may also choose to install a second row of double horizontal door bars that run parallel to the inner bars and extend into the outer door skin, these are also known as “NASCAR-STYLE” bars. In this configuration, the outer bars must also have a minimum of two (2) vertical tube sections connecting the upper and lower bars. The inner door panel and door internals may be removed.

To me this says you can have NASCAR Bars that protrude into the door cavity, but you must also have another set of bars inboard of the NASCAR bars. So basically to gut the door you must have 4 door bars?!?!?

I really want to do NASCAR bars that protrude into the door cavity myself, but don't want to add more bars than needed.

Last edited by thetopcow; 01-10-2011 at 03:17 PM.. Reason: Added the info I didn't have intially.
thetopcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:41 AM   #35
thetopcow
Zilvia Member

Hella Norcal Dopeness >>> Blu808 Corvette Build Ep. 2 «

Episode 2 is up
Old 01-11-2011, 12:33 PM   #36
Element_on_20s
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Element_on_20s is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Beautiful. I like his Giant Wing.
Element_on_20s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:09 PM   #37
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Imarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
you guys built some absolutly sick cars!
Imarvin240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:41 PM   #38
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetopcow View Post
Yes I quoted myself from earlier to save double posting.

Please interpret this.

This is from the 2011 FD Rule Book:

7.4.11 Side Protection:
All cars shall have a minimum of two (2) door bars across each front door opening. The door bars may run parallel, or in the shape of an “X”. If the two door bars do not intersect as they do when forming an “X”, then a minimum of two vertical tube sections shall connect the upper and lower door bars. Teams may also choose to install a second row of double horizontal door bars that run parallel to the inner bars and extend into the outer door skin, these are also known as “NASCAR-STYLE” bars. In this configuration, the outer bars must also have a minimum of two (2) vertical tube sections connecting the upper and lower bars. The inner door panel and door internals may be removed.

To me this says you can have NASCAR Bars that protrude into the door cavity, but you must also have another set of bars inboard of the NASCAR bars. So basically to gut the door you must have 4 door bars?!?!?

I really want to do NASCAR bars that protrude into the door cavity myself, but don't want to add more bars than needed.
It's worded weirdly for sure. NASCAR-style bars don't have inner and outer bars, they have upper and lower bars that then have to be connected with a minimum of two bars (those are the vertical bars). Luke's bars are a modified NASCAR bar, and have the two vertical bars... everything has been verified with Formula D throughout the build to ensure current and future legality.

Exciting stuff will be coming up soon, we've got the cage finished up (Zilvia fab'er Roco is over here from Ireland helping out!), fits absolutely perfect, is fully welded around every joint, and is integrated into the stock roll bar! It's rad.

www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 01-11-2011, 08:43 PM   #39
[email protected]
Advertiser

Trader Rating: (87)
Mogli@9KRacing.com is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 87 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mogli@9KRacing.com

YEEAAHHH Boy

Contact 9K racing for any of your tuning or modifying needs.
Mogli@9KRacing.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:24 PM   #40
murderrsirenss
BANNED

Trader Rating: (2)
murderrsirenss will become famous soon enoughmurderrsirenss will become famous soon enoughmurderrsirenss will become famous soon enoughmurderrsirenss will become famous soon enoughmurderrsirenss will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to murderrsirenss Send a message via AIM to murderrsirenss Send a message via Yahoo to murderrsirenss
^hahahah

IN FOR MOOOARR.
murderrsirenss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:13 PM   #41
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

Imarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura about
love this build, video ep. 3 needs to come out soon! cant wait!
Imarvin240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:02 AM   #42
thetopcow
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
It's worded weirdly for sure. NASCAR-style bars don't have inner and outer bars, they have upper and lower bars that then have to be connected with a minimum of two bars (those are the vertical bars). Luke's bars are a modified NASCAR bar, and have the two vertical bars... everything has been verified with Formula D throughout the build to ensure current and future legality.
Thanks Jordan for confirming what I thought was the case. I figured with so many Pro driver's doing it the way they are that the wording was screwy. They really should change the wording to be clearer. Pretty excited about doing nascar bars now!

I forgot to mention in my past post that you guys are building a stellar car! Keep up the excellent build quality.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:21 PM   #43
surge s14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
surge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
those door bars are sweet as hell any easier getting in and out?
Old 01-15-2011, 01:28 PM   #44
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

It definitely seems easy to get in and out of, but the seat isn't permanently mounted so it's tough to judge.

*Threadjack*
A couple days ago Luke and Ronan got the air jack system mounted

Yeah. Baller.

And Luke dropped it off at Los Gatos Body Shop to get the interior painted yesterday, things are really moving now!

Old 01-15-2011, 03:36 PM   #45
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Air jacks, fucking nice!

TougeHero.com l SilviaV8forums.com
0100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 05:46 PM   #46
irritatedmax
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
irritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
I see camera equipment...yay for Episode 3!
Old 01-15-2011, 06:00 PM   #47
ballinnmiami240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
ballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
just watched both episodes and Im amazed at all of the great work goin on in here. Thumbs up!!!
-Danny-
Old 01-15-2011, 06:06 PM   #48
bigboost3
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
bigboost3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
wowzers looks like fun
bigboost3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 02:58 PM   #49
REVGASM
Zilvia Addict

REVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to behold
sux that u werent able to take advantage of a ZO6, i really respect these vehicles.

All tho i could care less seeing a corvete drift i'm totally interested in seeing it at time attack. Good stuff ya'll
Old 01-17-2011, 09:53 AM   #50
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

this thing is going to be sick. also, love the air jacks idea. keep it up and good luck on the rest of the build
Old 01-17-2011, 01:21 PM   #51
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Epicsode 3!
Andrew Bohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:00 PM   #52
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

So epic... sooooo soooo epic.

Old 01-17-2011, 05:17 PM   #53
PerilousActs
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
PerilousActs is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
What kind of pressure do those jacks require? I assume you'll be running them off a nitrogen bottle?
PerilousActs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:21 PM   #54
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

ZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the rough
i fucking love these videos!
Old 01-18-2011, 01:47 AM   #55
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerilousActs View Post
What kind of pressure do those jacks require? I assume you'll be running them off a nitrogen bottle?
Ksport says they're designed to be run at 20bar, but they certainly don't need that much to lift the car. In the video, we were running them off the shop compressor regulated at 90psi or whatever, but it wasn't ideal.

I know the plan was to use a nitrogen bottle, but Luke might be able to get away with a portable air tank I guess.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:18 AM   #56
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
I liked C6 Vette's to begin with and this is just showing me, GM built these cars to go racing!

Luke once again you have an awesome epic build going. Congrats and keep up the good work.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:15 PM   #57
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
GM built these cars to go racing!
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This x 1million.

Old 01-18-2011, 03:46 PM   #58
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Ksport says they're designed to be run at 20bar, but they certainly don't need that much to lift the car. In the video, we were running them off the shop compressor regulated at 90psi or whatever, but it wasn't ideal.

I know the plan was to use a nitrogen bottle, but Luke might be able to get away with a portable air tank I guess.
Why keep a reserve tank in the car, you're going to jack it in the pits why not use a portable air compressor, kind of a waste of space and unnecessary weight keeping a tank in the car to look baller.

Just saying.

The video updates kind of remind me of my wiring updates, in a nutshell I've watched 3 episodes of cage building with other stuff sprinkled in. And this is similar feedback from people not interested in drifting at all that I've shared with the build.

Try to switch it up in future videos or add more intuitive stuff and clean up the edits on the interview, less uh's and aaaaahs, and durs.

I enjoyed all of them, other people who I wanted to share these with just said they were about 10 minutes longer than any of them needed to be.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:01 PM   #59
oompa

oompa is an unknown quantity at this point
I love to see people that know what they're talking about build track cars. It makes my day.
oompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:07 PM   #60
Tom25666
Zilvia Addict

Tom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choices
i hope jim has unlimited text