Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-21-2011, 11:26 AM   #31
Wheelchair
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Wheelchair is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I like this thread.

I was going strong at pharmacy school with a 4.0 GPA with 2 more years to go but I'm putting that aside (and the $110,000 per year salary) to work at a website development firm.

We're a start up company so I'm working based on stock percentage (that means I don't get paid). I work 8 days a week and sometimes don't get home until 2~3am but I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT.

Most around me say that this is the stupidest decision I've ever made... but I don't give a flying fuck. What I'm learning now...working the logistics of a start up business... I wouldn't be able to learn at a 90k/year business school.

You just gotta find something you love doing so much that you'd do it for free... and then find someone to pay you to do it.
Wheelchair is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2011, 11:27 AM   #32
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
BoostSlideWayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BoostSlideWayz Send a message via Yahoo to BoostSlideWayz
IM currently jobless, but my last job was working at IKEA head quarters where i recorded how many trucks were dropping off and how much product and helping unload then strapping the product to crates... First month was ok cuz it was a new job, but after the same thing every day i was just growing more and more tired of it and putting in less effort. even though i was getting an alright pay i just lost interest. Ive learned.. if you have a job you dont enjoy you will either get fired or quit or laid off...

next job i look for is going to be something that ill somewhat enjoy because i want to be able to last and not get tired f the same routine. I really would like a desk job because usually at home im on the computer allllll day but unfortunately usually when you start at a job you cant just start at a job like that you gotta work up to it.... ohh well
Old 07-21-2011, 11:33 AM   #33
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
stinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stinky_180
I love my job
Old 07-21-2011, 11:57 AM   #34
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

BoostSlideWayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to BoostSlideWayz Send a message via Yahoo to BoostSlideWayz
I think the only job i regret getting fired from was when i was 15, at the time i was into motocross and nothing else mattered.. and i had an opportunity of a life time. I got a job working with the famous Shin Yoshikawa but if some of you don't know who he is he was one of the main designers for toyota in the 60s and 70's he helped design the toyota 2000 GT http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO2k6rloTIg 0:53 the book he wrote him self.

I helped work on both of those cars and 2 others....helping sand down body work.... prep for paint cleaning the shop. He has an amazing collection of cars that ive never seen in america. Im not sure if he was lying at the time but he told me he wanted to teach me to draw and design. And that if he liked the design he would pitch it to a company that fits my cars design and he said if they even said they like it im basically set and that ill have tons of opportunities after that.

He even for my birthday gave me the original paper that Horacio Pagani originally designed the Zonda on.

I technically threw all those opportunities away because i was soo fixed on becoming a professional rider i just thought it wasn't that big of a deal. now that its passed by.. i regret it bad. He doesn't talk to me anymore mainly because i got a toyota supra lol he said he wanted me to get a classic car but i didn't want the problems that typically come with classics.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:06 PM   #35
dahveed
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
dahveed is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Jet engine mechanic in the air force... a solid 8. Long hours and shit. I should have gotten a desk job. I'd love sitting on my ass and taking picnics on fridays. Lol
Old 07-21-2011, 12:27 PM   #36
zac 3ne2nr
Zilvia Addict

zac 3ne2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to zac 3ne2nr
hate my job, hmm.
It's very stressful. Even when I'm at home and not working , my mind is crunhing through problems. When it comes to that point where it's taking away from my
relaxation time, I start to hate it.
But it's jsut my job.
I don't live for my Job, it provides a means for me to live and pursue the things I do love.
Time is important to me so as good as on-call pay and over time is, I've opted out of those rotations.
zac 3ne2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:33 PM   #37
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
It's not my job that i hate, it's the people in charge that i'd like to toss into the ocean. other than that i can't complain-great benefits and all the bullshit is worth it when i open up my check every thursday

and it's nice not to be stuck in an office all day-where else can you work and only have to put up with your supervisors and manager for 15 minutes in the morning.
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:18 PM   #38
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sw20>>s14
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostSlideWayz View Post
I think the only job i regret getting fired from was when i was 15, at the time i was into motocross and nothing else mattered.. and i had an opportunity of a life time. I got a job working with the famous Shin Yoshikawa but if some of you don't know who he is he was one of the main designers for toyota in the 60s and 70's he helped design the toyota 2000 GT http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO2k6rloTIg 0:53 the book he wrote him self.

I helped work on both of those cars and 2 others....helping sand down body work.... prep for paint cleaning the shop. He has an amazing collection of cars that ive never seen in america. Im not sure if he was lying at the time but he told me he wanted to teach me to draw and design. And that if he liked the design he would pitch it to a company that fits my cars design and he said if they even said they like it im basically set and that ill have tons of opportunities after that.

He even for my birthday gave me the original paper that Horacio Pagani originally designed the Zonda on.

I technically threw all those opportunities away because i was soo fixed on becoming a professional rider i just thought it wasn't that big of a deal. now that its passed by.. i regret it bad. He doesn't talk to me anymore mainly because i got a toyota supra lol he said he wanted me to get a classic car but i didn't want the problems that typically come with classics.

im sorry, but youre an idiot...

as for my job, i hate it -2/10
Old 07-21-2011, 01:19 PM   #39
Banana_Cute
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (16)
Banana_Cute is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Im a stay home dad and my wife works as a Master Solution Engineer. Why not.

Im gonna be working for DisneyLand Resort for that extra benefits and the free pass so i can travel the world with a discount. Why not. HAHAH

Im lovin it.

Simplicity is the key to brilliance
Banana_Cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:24 PM   #40
S14kouki_10
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
S14kouki_10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Hate my job but cant coplain i dont do shit.
S14kouki_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:42 PM   #41
Speed Junky
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Speed Junky is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP View Post
I rarely hear of enlisted folks complain how they hate their jobs until they’re sent to the sandbox away from their families.
I mean, you have a (mostly) guaranteed paycheck, get discounts on about anything you could want or need, amazing benefits for you and your dependents, housing can be provided in most cases and people respect you for what you do. When you’re done, you have a nice pension and a lifetime of those benefits extended.
Fuck, when I see a uniformed member of the military in public, I THANK them.
You’ll learn to hate a job when you have more and more of someone else’s shit piled on you as a means of keeping you busy enough to stave off a layoff. You’ll learn to hate a job when porous reasoning for half-ass training and unfair compensation for said duties are things you just fucking deal with to make sure your bills are paid. You’ll learn to hate a job when you’re exposed daily to passive aggressive micromanagement. It is normal to hate passive aggressiveness and micromanaging separately, but together they will make you want to scream.
And to think, the options for civilians are worsening as jobs dry up.
I won’t place a number on how much I might happen to dislike my job, because it pays my mortgage and feeds my daughter. There are people who don’t have that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullthrottle View Post
Easy on all that motivation phlip. You don't get discounts on anything and you are away from you're family regardless of being deployed or not. That steady pay check is enough to make it to the next paycheck. It's only cool to be in the marines if you aren't a marine or you're on leave. You can't plan on doing anything in your free time because you will likely have duty or a formation that wasn't scheduled. There's no such thing as staying home sick. Your room is smaller than a hotel room and you share it with 2-3 other people that come from low income homes and don't know what hygiene is or how to pickup after themselves. Your room is subject to be searched and often is as if you are a felon in prison not serving your country. You can't own anything nice because it will be stolen eventually. The laundry machines don't work and the one that does is always full because literally 40 people are sharing it. It's better than being homeless I suppose. Also if you stay in for 20 years you get half of your pay for the rest of your life which isn't enough to sustain your lifestyle and family so you have to work at mcdonalds because you don't have an education from college because although you can attend college for free your commander has to sign off on it meaning that sometimes you will be missing training because of class. So they turned down 14 out of 15 of us who signed up. The one that got to attend college for one semester was a pregnant chick who seemed to become pregnant right before each deployment. The best thing that came out of the marines for me was that I learned good work ethic and the gi bill is absolutely amazing. School completely paid for plus 1200 a month for housing.
Ya phlip you need to calm down, I don't know who you've talked to but the military(well the Army for me) isn't that great from what you've heard. Fullthrottle pretty much summed it up. To be honest I think it goes: prison, welfare then the military, because sometimes I feel like i'm close to both. Luckily i'm gettin out soon to enjoy the gi bill to finish college. I appreciate you thanking those who serve though, I rarely hear that from civilians.

I would say for me 7. I don't like my job, but I know it's not as bad as infantry. And OP I was a fobbit, but not because I didn't want to go outside the wire, don't generalize, i'm not what you explained at all, but I do hate how the smallest things are the biggest issues in the Army.
Speed Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:46 PM   #42
XiaoAZN
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (17)
XiaoAZN is making his/her stupidity well-knownXiaoAZN is making his/her stupidity well-knownXiaoAZN is making his/her stupidity well-knownXiaoAZN is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by VROOOM View Post
i had a call center job, it sucked having to deal with stupid people but we got 1 month paid vacation every year and double time and a half if you worked holidays. that made up for it.
Wow I get zero benefits and they purposely schedule you only 35 hours to prevent any type of overtime pay.

Can't wait till I get out of the U, so I can find a real job.
XiaoAZN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:54 PM   #43
Banana_Cute
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (16)
Banana_Cute is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
I have 3 friends in the service, 1 in the navy, 1 in the army, and 1 in the marines.

They love it. Navy guy come home to our hometown every so often when he can. The army guy got his own place near Camp pendleton with his family. My Marine friend got free housing IN Camp Pendleton. They all love it. Sure it has its ups and downs. But all of them cant complain. Just saying, i dont really know what goes down.

Simplicity is the key to brilliance
Banana_Cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:55 PM   #44
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (82)
godrifttoday is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
I hate my job ... I sit at home, have to be ready for the stock market to open at 6:30am in Los Angeles... Agh hate it... Making peanuts, and I'm off work at 1. Then I have to wonder what the heck to do after agh
Old 07-21-2011, 02:03 PM   #45
zac 3ne2nr
Zilvia Addict

zac 3ne2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to zac 3ne2nr
Quote:
Originally Posted by godrifttoday View Post
I Then I have to wonder what the heck to do after agh
GoDriftToday
zac 3ne2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:19 PM   #46
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by godrifttoday View Post
I hate my job ... I sit at home, have to be ready for the stock market to open at 6:30am in Los Angeles... Agh hate it... Making peanuts, and I'm off work at 1. Then I have to wonder what the heck to do after agh
my current job i work 5:30am to 2pm and i love it. you get off work and have alot of the day left to do what ever you want.
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:24 PM   #47
One_love_silvia
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (38)
One_love_silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
i work at dominos as a delivery driver. i hate my job with a burning passion. the amount of dumbasses that i get to deal with is unreal.

who the fuck orders pizza for delivery, and pays a $20 bill with ALL FUCKING CHANGE?! not to mention $10 of it in ALL PENNIES!

then this moron tries to pay a $33 bill with a fucking benjamin. cuz u know, we carry change for $100's on us.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:31 PM   #48
demonspeed
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
demonspeed is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
how much do i hate my job? About a solid 8. supervisor not fuckin supervising, working for a month straight with no pay and nobody seems to care, and HR is NEVER in the office and when they are and i ask wheres my money, they say 'it should be there in a day'....30 days later and still no word and/or check
demonspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:33 PM   #49
Bbsalexaz
Zilvia Member

Bbsalexaz is an unknown quantity at this point
i love my job. not physical labor to kill my body with, plus it funds my car.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:38 PM   #50
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
Im thankful for my job.
Take the good with the bad.
The way I see it, if you dont like your job then do something about it, complaining gets you know where except frustrated, negative, and bitter.
be self employed.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:48 PM   #51
RichieSR20
Zilvia Member

RichieSR20 is an unknown quantity at this point
I work at America's Tires as the clean up guy because I'm not old enough to actually use the machines... so basically a janitor.

I get paid less than a janitor.

And my Mexican boss, who calls every other white employee my "brother", claims I'm racist.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:50 PM   #52
nevertheless
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
nevertheless is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Probably a 4, I hate sitting on my ass all day, but when there are no calls in queve I get to browse the web. Even though a majority of sites are blocked and can't see a majority of Pictures. Can't play games anymore or watch movies, and I only get paid $10 an hour.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:51 PM   #53
NismoR003
Leaky Injector

NismoR003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahveed View Post
Jet engine mechanic in the air force... a solid 8. Long hours and shit. I should have gotten a desk job. I'd love sitting on my ass and taking picnics on fridays. Lol
thats funny i've never heard of anybody in the air force that hates their job, for some reason that makes me feel good, i dont know why
NismoR003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 03:56 PM   #54
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

word sux is an unknown quantity at this point
hated my job today.

100 degrees no ac in the shop and to top it off the one "window unit" ac for the office vents into the shop plus we only have 2 little box fans to keep us cool that WE the mechanics had to buy. But the boss dosn't give a shit as long as he is comfortable..
word sux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 03:58 PM   #55
NismoR003
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Junky View Post
Ya phlip you need to calm down, I don't know who you've talked to but the military(well the Army for me) isn't that great from what you've heard. Fullthrottle pretty much summed it up. To be honest I think it goes: prison, welfare then the military, because sometimes I feel like i'm close to both. Luckily i'm gettin out soon to enjoy the gi bill to finish college. I appreciate you thanking those who serve though, I rarely hear that from civilians.

I would say for me 7. I don't like my job, but I know it's not as bad as infantry. And OP I was a fobbit, but not because I didn't want to go outside the wire, don't generalize, i'm not what you explained at all, but I do hate how the smallest things are the biggest issues in the Army.
for me calling someone a fobbit is not an insult, I wish I was a fobbit thats the way to go, fobbits look a lot happier, every time we get a stupid cherry out of basic he always talks shit on fobbits, and am like shut the fuck up one they you'll wish you were one of them, and it is true not all fobbits are the same, all i know is that i wish i was one right now, is not cause am scared i never was, is cause my body is tired of all this bullshit.

fyi for everybody else a fobbit is a soldier who is not combat arms and rarely goes out the wire
Old 07-21-2011, 04:01 PM   #56
NismoR003
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by One_love_silvia View Post
i work at dominos as a delivery driver. i hate my job with a burning passion. the amount of dumbasses that i get to deal with is unreal.

who the fuck orders pizza for delivery, and pays a $20 bill with ALL FUCKING CHANGE?! not to mention $10 of it in ALL PENNIES!

then this moron tries to pay a $33 bill with a fucking benjamin. cuz u know, we carry change for $100's on us.
this one is the funniest so far ha ha I hate your job too, and i dont even work there
Old 07-21-2011, 04:09 PM   #57
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Aviation Machinist Mate in the Navy or (Aircraft fixer of whatever mechanical component you are attached to lol) On a scale of 1-10 I would say about a 4 and most of it isn't job related but more of where I am stationed and the people I work with. I am stationed at a Marine base and as a sailor I'm a prime target for whatever bullshit they "try" to pull. Now don't get me wrong I have respect for plenty of Marines but some of the "few" are just plain old cock suckers, and what I mean by that is they kiss ass all day and get ahead by doing so. Not to mention I can't go a day without someone yelling out "Yut" or "Kill" or some other form of false motivation from people who have never even been deployed let alone even left the state. On top of that my favorite part is hearing them talk about how all sailors are fat and nasty, yet I can go out and out PT 90% of them. But the job is cake, I get paid pretty decent and the higher up you get the more responsibility you get, but you aren't doing anymore back breaking work by that point. The only other issue I have is the commute, yeah I could move closer, but San Diego's cost of living is a fucking ripoff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoR003 View Post
fyi for everybody else a fobbit is a soldier who is not combat arms and rarely goes out the wire
Or a "POG" according to the Marines I work with meaning Person Other than Grunt or something of that sort, but doesn't make sense because then all of them are "POGS" because they are all Aviation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 04:23 PM   #58
NismoR003
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0rbladez909 View Post
Not to mention I can't go a day without someone yelling out "Yut" or "Kill" or some other form of false motivation from people who have never even been deployed let alone even left the state.
that shit drives me nuts, motivated people trying to motivate you, get the fuck out here the army is full of those idiots i understand what ur saying man, I hate when we are about to do something stupid and jackasses are like get motivated men, fuck off, specially when people say false motivation is better then no motivation, the fuck it is, NO motivation is better then false motivation!!!! at least i dont have to pretend i'm something that am not,

brown noses i hate those motherfuckers people who live to suck their bosses dick and cradle their balls to get ahead in their career, I have never sucked anyones dick if you like me its because who i am not what i pretend to be. i wish i can wait to get away from these idiots but i never will because i know they're out there in the civilian world as well, yep you all know who am talking about am sure you guys know plenty of people like that

god i feel kind of better now, thats why I created this thread to vent up
so if you hate ur fucking job and u cant quit for x reason, vent up post up all the shit you hate keep them coming people
Old 07-21-2011, 04:35 PM   #59
NismoR003
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0rbladez909 View Post

Or a "POG" according to the Marines I work with meaning Person Other than Grunt or something of that sort, but doesn't make sense because then all of them are "POGS" because they are all Aviation.
thats funny i hear it all the time POG on POG hate. i also hear infantry dudes hating on pogs all the time, i'll let you in a little infantry secret, they hate cause they wanna be a pog too
Old 07-21-2011, 04:49 PM   #60
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoR003 View Post
I was just wondering how bad do some people hate their jobs, from 1-10.

I'm an Infantryman in the army, and I hate my job, like a 10 for sure, how about you guys.

What do you hate about it?
Hahaha, that sucks. Im usmc artillery so I see where your coming from. Get to fire these big useless guns at dirt.
ms!3 is offline   Reply With Quote