Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-26-2011, 02:43 PM   #1
playthe_part
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
playthe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Best man speech ideas?

Well my best friend is getting married next week and I am the best man, so I am writing my speech now (I have had 6 months and of course I put it off until the last minute) and would like to hear some ideas. Especially if you have been a best man before, what did you do? I have been looking online and watching youtube videos, many of them repeat the same thing. People say the speech should be about 5 minutes and after timing myself I am at around 2:45 right now.

I already know I am going to close it up with a traditional Italian wedding blessing thing since he is from an Italian family, and have got introduction, thank yous, and memories out of the way.. Really just looking for more ideas. Any help would be appreciated.
playthe_part is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2011, 02:49 PM   #2
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Not to emberrasing story is needed...nothing like "remember the hooker who...", share something sweet/nice that ur bud told u about the girl he is about to marry and how u hope u find someone like that someday etc...

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:59 PM   #3
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
I had to do one about 3 years ago. Mine was roughly 3:30min or so. I didn't want to stand up there and preach and carry on and on about it. I just wanted something short, to the point and good. just write a few differant ones. and see what you like about each one, then make 1 good one.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:02 PM   #4
roboticnissan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
roboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Look up on you tube.

Old school true love is blind.

Copy word for word
Old 07-26-2011, 03:12 PM   #5
bluuuurr
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
bluuuurr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
5 minutes is a reeeally long speech. I say keep it short and sweet. Don't bore everyone!
bluuuurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:21 PM   #6
playthe_part
Zilvia Member

playthe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond repute
yeah, I'm not going to say anything embarrassing, the only thing I really have that makes fun of him is 'he is still as tall as he was in 6th grade' since he is the shortest out of our group of friends (he is like 5'8"-10" we are all 6'1") and going to somehow tie in that joke about wrapping this speech up 'short' or something. Right now I need to write about the couple since I have memories of him and our friendship pretty much finished up. They have been together since high school and it is his first girlfriend, so I know I need to mention that. I am still looking for advice on anything and everything though.. still good to have
Old 07-26-2011, 03:24 PM   #7
cnile51
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
cnile51 can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Here you go:

Best man speeches and best man speech material

enjoy.
cnile51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:27 PM   #8
saleaf
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
saleaf is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
This is it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jQbTSxfExk
Old 07-26-2011, 11:35 PM   #9
zylvia213
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (36)
zylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zylvia213
speak from the heart brotha.... free style that shit
Old 07-26-2011, 11:37 PM   #10
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
I think I took a whole minute of everyone's time.

Told them they were great friends, that they had support and I was happy for them.

Now they're divorced.
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:06 AM   #11
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
keep it down to a minute or so, nobody wants to listen to that shit. hey bro, you're my bro, remember cancun when we drank all those tecates? holy shit bro you were my bro then and you're my bro now. ctrl+P that's a wrap
Old 07-27-2011, 12:06 AM   #12
playthe_part
Zilvia Member

Lol at the mgd commercial, I hope I don't make any dumb mistakes like that. I hate public speaking.

I think I have it about wrapped up, thanks for all the advice and the website. I have about 5 pages of my sloppy double, or triple, spaced writing and scratched out ideas. Which should translate into 2/3-1 page typed out. Went: Introduction->Thank yous->Memories and funny stories->Meets girlfriend and finds love->Best wishes.

Hopefully this couple makes it, but I know the odds of marriages lasting now days.

Thanks again everyone.

Anyone ever totally screw up a best man speech? That may be funny and help me at what not to do, haha.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:45 PM   #13
Naytag629
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
Naytag629 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I completely blacked out, mentioned something along the lines of "hope you don't die". Not the best speech ever, but ehh I think everyone got the point.
Naytag629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:19 AM   #14
kenshinS14sks
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
kenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
been to my fair share of weddings~ and by far the best speech i've ever heard online or in person is when the best man actually kept the aim conversation records between him and the groom talking about the then girl he met...

it was like 10 minutes long but everyone was bustin up the whole time cuz you knew it was really embarassing for the groom but yet still sweet for everyone including the bride to enjoy.

i would suggest against the short joke since it really isn't the time to roast the dude but to make light of his possible shortcomings (no pun intended) and turn it into something positive for them as a couple... for example "the groom always shoots his mouth off getting on everyone's nerves (ppl would laugh) but all of his friends knew you were the one for him when he couldn't shutup shooting his mouth about how awesoe of a girl you were when you guys first met" . . . or something along those lines.

my 2cents
kenshinS14sks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:24 AM   #15
mr_eh
Zilvia Junkie

mr_eh is an unknown quantity at this point
FUCK!! Help! I just got asked to write a best man speech for my sister's wedding TOMORROW. What is your best joke/one-liner that grandma can hear? : AskReddit
Old 07-29-2011, 10:44 PM   #16
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (82)
godrifttoday is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
Mine started like so.... For the last 5 minutes I been thinking about what to say, I knew I should have been ready.... And so on! Totally wing it
Old 07-30-2011, 03:45 AM   #17
MADE
Zilvia Addict

MADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant future
The OP figured out what he was gonna say obviously but for anyone else. I thought the same was let me start with a google template. But your were obviously chosen because you know this person well, so the cookie templates IMO will ruin it. Just think back on the times you had and I personally threw in the way he changed when he met his wife. Just write down memories rehearse(sp?) and cut. Throw in jokes if the family is normal, if there uptight watch what you say. No one remembers the time on something inspirational only shit that bored them. Doesn't matter how long or short it is if its good.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:30 AM   #18
ESmorz
Post Whore!

ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
keep it down to a minute or so, nobody wants to listen to that shit.
God damn truth, your lives aren't interesting enough to fill up 5 minutes of my life.

Get up there and dance like a good monkey, tell a joke about his awkwardly shaped penis and how you saw it for the first time, and finally tell him his new wife is better looking than all the slores he used to pound in the back of his van and be done with it.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:38 AM   #19
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
Good read, enjoyed it.
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:49 PM   #20
playthe_part
Zilvia Member

Yeah, mr_eh, that link actually helped, even though I finished writing my speech I went back and changed a few things because of that, so thank you.

I will admit that 5 minutes is a bit long, and since editing it a bit it should be shorter, probably like 3 1/2. Some coworkers read it and said it is good, so hopefully all goes well.