Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 07:12 PM   #1
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
CursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu808 View Post
O that makes more sense about the fiberglass.

But usually with the squish/quench removed it will detriment the drivibility of the engine, and the ability to modulate the engine smoothly.
Yeah, the glass seemed to be the way to go on that one
as far as squish it is ideal as I am not tuning for street drivability but pure power at top end. I am looking to run this car at 7500 plus RPM for extended periods of time. Since Races like the silver state classic are high speed races, I will need to be high in the RPM and Boost range (7500 and 1.4 - 1.8 Bar) for extended periods of time which kind of makes this mod ideal.

If this was going to be a highly modified street car I would agree with you and leave the squish area in, but this car will not be driven daily as the maintenance required for that would be extremely time consuming and kind of expensive plus the car will not be set up for that, should I decide to street it, I will just build another RB26 that is more suitable (something in the 600hp range) but 900 plus is not daily driver material on a RB26.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2007, 09:58 PM   #2
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
Quote:
Originally Posted by CursedGTR View Post
as far as squish it is ideal as I am not tuning for street drivability but pure power at top end. I am looking to run this car at 7500 plus RPM for extended periods of time. Since Races like the silver state classic are high speed races, I will need to be high in the RPM and Boost range (7500 and 1.4 - 1.8 Bar) for extended periods of time which kind of makes this mod ideal.

If this was going to be a highly modified street car I would agree with you and leave the squish area in, but this car will not be driven daily as the maintenance required for that would be extremely time consuming and kind of expensive plus the car will not be set up for that, should I decide to street it, I will just build another RB26 that is more suitable (something in the 600hp range) but 900 plus is not daily driver material on a RB26.

O. I thought this was going to be a street car.

I have also allways wanted to do the silver state classic. What kind of cage are you going to fabricate for that?

Good build.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:07 PM   #3
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

CursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu808 View Post
O. I thought this was going to be a street car.

I have also allways wanted to do the silver state classic. What kind of cage are you going to fabricate for that?

Good build.
Dunno, I am going to roll with the Safety 21 8 Point for a while get things tuned and make sure I am good to go, the cage will be reapproached once I get back to the States with it and am ready to run (current cage is mainly for prevention of chasis twist not really focused on safety with this one). Mainly because, there are alot of reputable shops in the states that will do it for a decent price and I will be able to be there and make sure things are done how I want them. I would not have that ability here as I would have to ship it to Mainland. Being a hands on type of guy, that would not be very cool with me.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:51 AM   #4
Tops*
Zilvia Addict

Tops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by CursedGTR View Post

I wish my car could MAKE 1.4-1.8 bar and run 7500+ RPM for extended periods of time...that's just intense. My turbo can't even handle that, let alone the engine.

As far as for your streetable 600hp RB, I totally agree with you there. That's pretty much exactly what I would have done...... I'm left speechless.

Amazing build *subscribes*