Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-10-2007, 02:36 PM   #1
NissanOwnsU
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
NissanOwnsU is not welcome here anymoreNissanOwnsU is not welcome here anymoreNissanOwnsU is not welcome here anymoreNissanOwnsU is not welcome here anymoreNissanOwnsU is not welcome here anymoreNissanOwnsU is not welcome here anymoreNissanOwnsU is not welcome here anymoreNissanOwnsU is not welcome here anymoreNissanOwnsU is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SR20det WHP baller turbo thread

Well I searched and couldnt find a thread like this....when it gets cold im doing a new setup maybe the full race GT3567 or a borg warner.....i was just wondering what everyone makes on pump / race gas....so lets compare setups because im thinking of running c16 all the time

Ill Start my car made a whimpy 450whp @ 16psi from a t04e....

not whimpy for the turbo but whimpy in general

now you go
NissanOwnsU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2007, 03:10 PM   #2
DP_Michelle G
Zilvia Addict

DP_Michelle G is just really niceDP_Michelle G is just really niceDP_Michelle G is just really niceDP_Michelle G is just really niceDP_Michelle G is just really niceDP_Michelle G is just really niceDP_Michelle G is just really niceDP_Michelle G is just really nice
threads point less with out pics

post dyno sheets
Old 09-10-2007, 03:18 PM   #3
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Second above

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 03:22 PM   #4
cbcustoms
Zilvia Junkie

cbcustoms has a spectacular aura aboutcbcustoms has a spectacular aura aboutcbcustoms has a spectacular aura aboutcbcustoms has a spectacular aura aboutcbcustoms has a spectacular aura aboutcbcustoms has a spectacular aura about
Are you rich cause running C16 all the time is going to be expensive and I call bullshit until I see a dyno graph
cbcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 03:23 PM   #5
eastcoastS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
eastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to eastcoastS14
yeah post your dyno sheets

mine was 350whp at 17psi T3/t04e 57trim .63 a/r

plenty fast if you ask me
eastcoastS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:36 PM   #6
smelly240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
smelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
lol - lets start a thread with no pics or graphs so people think we rock

anyway - my pos makes like 200hp and 180 torque -

LOL yeah right.

HREs on a S13 - check, 6262 - check, Girlfriend.... - nope
smelly240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:40 PM   #7
O3DigitalBath
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
O3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to O3DigitalBath
*inserts mazworx old dyno*

/close thread.
O3DigitalBath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:44 PM   #8
smelly240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
smelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
i love that graph. p.s. are you following me around?

can someone really close this one b4 it turns into a nico ka vs sr my turbo is better than urs thread

HREs on a S13 - check, 6262 - check, Girlfriend.... - nope
smelly240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:23 PM   #9
Sil-Eighty SE-K
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
Sil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sil-Eighty SE-K
442rwhp 368tq
22psi and 110 octane (cam2)
sr20det
stock bottom end
precision sc-61 t3/t04e
full race manifold
hks 264's
ported head,
tomei 1.2mm HG, RAS and valve springs,
740cc tomei inj
greddy intake mani
enthalpy tune

much more...thats just the brunt of it

I wanted to run a GT35R for a couple years now....should see closer to 600whp with that one
Sil-Eighty SE-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:35 AM   #10
NissanOwnsU
Zilvia Junkie

NissanOwnsU is not welcome here anymoreNissanOwnsU is not welcome here anymoreNissanOwnsU is not welcome here anymoreNissanOwnsU is not welcome here anymoreNissanOwnsU is not welcome here anymoreNissanOwnsU is not welcome here anymoreNissanOwnsU is not welcome here anymoreNissanOwnsU is not welcome here anymoreNissanOwnsU is not welcome here anymore
Alright i could care less who believes what my car makes....i want to know facts dont tell people to close my thread when im trying to compare info. with people who actually matter......but if u must have proof here are some pics if u wanna hear about my dyno results call MA-motorsports.....

Old 09-11-2007, 11:39 AM   #11
NissanOwnsU
Zilvia Junkie

heres a little video 2
Old 09-11-2007, 12:15 PM   #12
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
^^^ Sorry man, but I agree with some of the comments on your Streetfire vid's page. Not saying the car's lame, but the video sure is. Doesn't show me much - we need a dyno sheet and/or a parts list.

By the way, what's most impressive is the shape of the curve, not the peak number. That's why people ask for sheets vs. peak hp.

Steve Shadows should be posting in 5...4...3...2...

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 04:48 PM   #13
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

McRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond repute
Any SR car I've ridden in with bigger than a 3071 feels stupid.
McRussellPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 08:22 PM   #14
NissanOwnsU
Zilvia Junkie

Umm....the point of the thread is I think the car is lame well not lame but not enough....and i know the video is lame i didnt make it....also main focus is supposed to be on other peoples dyno sheets so i can compare setups and see which road to take, i dont have my dyno sheet online just a piece of paper if anyone local wants to check it out u can feel free.....
My build is as follows.....

To4e 60 trim, Greddy front mount, Peakboost top mount kit, Apexi N1, Hks 272's, Eagle rods, CP pistons, Headwork, Springs, Retainings, Balanced crank, rocker arm stoppers, anything else supporting wise that im forgettings and a bunch of other BS......also i have the world electronics electronic boost controller and the apex power FC Di-jetro....
Old 09-11-2007, 10:59 PM   #15
Brian W.
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (8)
Brian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Brian W.
RJ's car is pretty damn fast.... I can vouch for that. ...and a BEAST on the highway for what it is.

Once we get you setup again RJ itll be where you want it or MORE.... just talk with Ray.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:20 AM   #16
NissanOwnsU
Zilvia Junkie

Well atleast now theres no more dis-belief now will sum1 else post there setup so i can get a clue......any 35r / t67 people out there? hell even a 37r or 4088 i just wanna see some numbers
Old 09-12-2007, 08:27 AM   #17
NissanOwnsU
Zilvia Junkie

Oh and for people asking if im rich and what not no im not rich im a 20year old tax associate at a private accounting firm and i live at home so i have only about $200/month in bills which leaves alot of money to play with.....i was considering buying a GTR but i figure while i already have the build i might as well make the power.....
Old 09-12-2007, 10:05 AM   #18
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanOwnsU View Post
Well I searched and couldnt find a thread like this....when it gets cold im doing a new setup maybe the full race GT3567 or a borg warner.....i was just wondering what everyone makes on pump / race gas....so lets compare setups because im thinking of running c16 all the time

Ill Start my car made a whimpy 450whp @ 16psi from a t04e....

not whimpy for the turbo but whimpy in general

now you go

If it was on a dynojet im buying an axe and a planeticket

after switching frmo limited tuning on dynojet experience, to DynoDynamics it was like finding out your mother has been a tranny prostitute all these years. The HP diff readout was that substantial. This started to wain on my trust of Dynometers in general. I put down 373 on a dynamics unit and 430 ranges on dynojet....yeah thats right.

Sooo what does this mean? What it always meant, dynos are tuning tools. Dynojets are ok for overall consistant tune on FULL THROTTLE tune only. You cannot tune in static load point format on a dynojet. ITs worthless for tuning an entire map.

Dynodynamics or Mustang Dyno is a real tuning tool + PRO as I like to call it. Static Load, Part Throttle, Roll ons etc.

I also like to call it the Hype-Eliminator.

here is my dyno before I had to replace the clutch (dyno told me the clutch was slipping very bad, the torque curve just looks like a a bunch of spike due to inconsistant power delivery) the car was doing 420 whp pulls on a dyno jet.

AFR is 10:1 (plenty of overhead for leaning out under load) and the timing map is still conservative, this is why a linear progressive map in all places on slope up to MBT and Peak Torque yields the best peak power overall as well (so no matter what a dyno that can allow for static load tuning is the best over the drum dyno aka dynojet). Dynojet is a numbres dyno imho.

17 psi, 91 octane only, un-tuned, base run. 264 step 2 cams, stock bottom internals, apexi 1.2 head gasket, 850cc inj, 5 angle valve job, Peak Perf valve train, Re-Shimmed rocker pads, greddy intake manifold, Peak Boost Single Scroll Manifold.

85 MPH is 4k rpm.

stopped at 7k power was still climbing despite the cluthc

heres the car last spring at only 13.8 psi of boost.

[ame]http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=73171 72[/ame]

no dyno tuning at all with the old t61/t3 which was even lower output from what I can tell and less power band.

[ame]http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=84695 71[/ame]

17 psi, power band from 5500-8k. shifted early in 4th at 7200 in vid. This is with only 1 hour of street tuning. in March 2007

all these claims are nothing without pictures don' start a fucking dyno number thread if I am the only one who is actually going to be honest. oh and only post your recent ones with your current projects.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:19 PM   #19
NissanOwnsU
Zilvia Junkie

sounds about right considering i made 390whp on a dyno dynamics.....nice to see sum1 post up something useful car looks like it pulls........

but again this is not me trying to "brag" about what my car makes on a dyno it is to see what other people made on a whatever they used....if i wanted to enter a pissing contest i would go out to the street races......im sure brian has my dynodynamics online sumwhere if not ill take a picture of my printout just for the people who care sooooo much about my personal numbers
Old 09-12-2007, 02:58 PM   #20
steve shadows
Post Whore!

steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
cool yeah

its not.

The point of a dyno thread is to see the dyno GRAPH imo.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:44 PM   #21
Silverbullet
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Silverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Silverbullet
only idiots compare peak HP/torque numbers.

+1 for graphs. It actually tells you information.
Go back to whatever Honda forum you came from.
Silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:40 PM   #22
NissanOwnsU
Zilvia Junkie

Again i want to see what other people did i already know what i did....silver bullet unless your gonna post your sheet gtfo of my thread.....if you would have read the point of it in the first place maybe u just wouldnt have commented.....never insult my intelligence
Old 09-12-2007, 10:19 PM   #23
steve shadows
Post Whore!

ok asshole

whats the point of this thread then?

you make a claim, then expect everyone else to show you graphs?

to compare what? peak numbers
Old 09-12-2007, 11:52 PM   #24
SixSpeedSleuth
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
SixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Here's my dyno graph. Not "Baller" but plenty of whp for the street/autocross/drag strip. Twin-Scroll 3071R, Full-Race Twin-Scroll Manifold. 19PSI, pump gas, JWT S4 Cams, Apexi HG and stock bottom end. Dyno was a dynojet, that's the only thing I have near me other than shitty ass hub dyno's. (IMO).
SixSpeedSleuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:21 AM   #25
steve shadows
Post Whore!

cool man saw this on FA.

Next week im going dyno tuning again on my car.

looking 400+ whp at 17.5 psi on 91 oct with the 3076 on the dyndynamics.

Im going to try to find a dynojet so I can do a side by side comparison of read outs up here, of course both without any smoothing on the torque/hp curves.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:36 PM   #26
NissanOwnsU
Zilvia Junkie

How many times do i have to explain it fucktard I want to see what other setups are doing because i know what my own does....next time i wont mention what mine does so people that feel the need to jump in other peoples shit and say proove it stay the fuck out.....

If i wanted to get E-thugged i would post on VW vortex......i didnt know u had to trade dyno graphs to see sum1 else's....mines already infront of me and again i could care less if any1 believe what my car makes.....

So do me a favor master of all dyno sheets.....dont talk in my thread if u came here to start shit.....the point of this thread can be whatever i want it to be hense it being MY THREAD
Old 09-13-2007, 04:19 PM   #27
SixSpeedSleuth
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
SixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shadows View Post
cool man saw this on FA.

Next week im going dyno tuning again on my car.

looking 400+ whp at 17.5 psi on 91 oct with the 3076 on the dyndynamics.

Im going to try to find a dynojet so I can do a side by side comparison of read outs up here, of course both without any smoothing on the torque/hp curves.
I would be very interested in finding out the results of a side by side comparison as well. I'm also thinking of switching to the 3076s shortly. Supposedly same spool time as what I'm running, but with more topend hp.
SixSpeedSleuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 04:44 PM   #28
Pank
Post Whore!

Pank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanOwnsU View Post
How many times do i have to explain it fucktard I want to see what other setups are doing because i know what my own does....next time i wont mention what mine does so people that feel the need to jump in other peoples shit and say proove it stay the fuck out.....

If i wanted to get E-thugged i would post on VW vortex......i didnt know u had to trade dyno graphs to see sum1 else's....mines already infront of me and again i could care less if any1 believe what my car makes.....

So do me a favor master of all dyno sheets.....dont talk in my thread if u came here to start shit.....the point of this thread can be whatever i want it to be hense it being MY THREAD
if you dont care what anyone thinks, why do you keep coming in here and defending it?

zenki s14---v8 fc rx7
my crappy flickr page (drift cars whoo)
Pank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 07:14 PM   #29
NissanOwnsU
Zilvia Junkie

ummm its my thread why wouldnt I? plus theres the fact that my car is what it is and ive already pretty much proven that.....if the guy who tuned it on the dyno hops in and says im not bullshitting doesnt that pretty much cover it? i also invited anyone local to come check it out go for a ride and or look at my dyno sheet....
Old 09-14-2007, 12:09 AM   #30
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSpeedSleuth View Post
Here's my dyno graph. Not "Baller" but plenty of whp for the street/autocross/drag strip. Twin-Scroll 3071R, Full-Race Twin-Scroll Manifold. 19PSI, pump gas, JWT S4 Cams, Apexi HG and stock bottom end. Dyno was a dynojet, that's the only thing I have near me other than shitty ass hub dyno's. (IMO).

Ahhhh, thats what I like to see...but in our classic fashion, here is the other half of the ROM TUNE Warrrior / Powerband kid gang

20 psi, 2871r .64 S3 cams, greddy IM...and all the right jazz.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote