Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-26-2007, 01:35 AM   #1
Neejay
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
motor mounts: Cusco (style) vs. polyurethane oem

Was wondering if anyone has rode in a s13/s14 with Cusco/project nissan motor mounts AND a s13/s14 with polyurethane filled OEM mounts.

I filled mine in with PL polyurethane, but if I don't like them, I was thinking about getting these:

which are similar to Cusco's motor mounts. They're from project nissan and they're $100 shipped, but if they're going to be as solid, or more solid, than I might as well just keep these poly-filled oem mounts.
Neejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2007, 01:47 AM   #2
az_240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
az_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to az_240
my window weld filled mounts are too stiff for my daily driver. Its just kinda annoying.

I believe those are even stiffer than filled mounts.

I will be going with nismo mounts soon to cut down on the vibrations.
az_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:59 AM   #3
Neejay
Post Whore!

Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
Yeah, it's looking like I might end up getting Nismos...just didn't have the $ right now, and I desperately needed something now. Was just curious how stiff these are to see if these could replace Nismos or not.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:15 AM   #4
J-Style
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
J-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Why not Peak Performance engine mounts?
J-Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 02:19 AM   #5
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Still got those injected stockers? I might be interested on them neejay if you say theyre stiff as fuck...

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 02:21 AM   #6
MavericStephenc
Zilvia Addict

MavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to MavericStephenc
the peak performance ones are sick. you have the option on having street or race style bushings. but it comes with both. beware though the bushings are a PITA to take out.(I know cause I use em') my .02

Boycott Berkeley and code pink
MavericStephenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 02:22 AM   #7
J-Style
Zilvia Addict

J-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant future
I have heard good things about them and you can get them with the transmission brace at TougeFactory for cheap!
J-Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 02:26 AM   #8
MavericStephenc
Zilvia Addict

MavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to MavericStephenc
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Style View Post
I have heard good things about them and you can get them with the transmission brace at TougeFactory for cheap!
249.99 a little steep but for solid metal i think it's worth it

Boycott Berkeley and code pink
MavericStephenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 02:37 AM   #9
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
what motor is this for? if its a CA18 the cusco ones will make the engine sit lower, while the nismo ones make it sit a bit higher.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:45 AM   #10
az_240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
az_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to az_240
Save up for nismos so you only have to do it once....

These fuckers are hard to swap.
az_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 02:53 AM   #11
Neejay
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Style View Post
Why not Peak Performance engine mounts?
Eh, they're a little expensive and kinda on the same style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Still got those injected stockers? I might be interested on them neejay if you say theyre stiff as fuck...
Well, I just filled these in 2 days ago..lol. I haven't got my intake manifold back on yet, nor had a chance to put these in yet. I'll let you know though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEvilRPS13 View Post
what motor is this for? if its a CA18 the cusco ones will make the engine sit lower, while the nismo ones make it sit a bit higher.
For a KA
Old 11-26-2007, 02:59 AM   #12
Jbma327
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (51)
Jbma327 is just really niceJbma327 is just really niceJbma327 is just really niceJbma327 is just really niceJbma327 is just really niceJbma327 is just really niceJbma327 is just really niceJbma327 is just really niceJbma327 is just really niceJbma327 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 51 reviews
I seen people use those Megan mounts and they are prettie stiff. pplz seemed to like them more then the NISMO mount, but I haven't had a chance to try them out on my own yet.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:00 AM   #13
Neejay
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbma327 View Post
I seen people use those Megan mounts and they are prettie stiff. pplz seemed to like them more then the NISMO mount, but I haven't had a chance to try them out on my own yet.
The Megan OE replacements? I saw those too, but I thought they were just regular rubber replacements. Hmm...I'll have to research those too.

EDIT: The megans seem to be a decent upgrade. They're made of "hard rubber/polyurethane". They're only like $25 cheaper than Nismos though
Old 11-26-2007, 03:09 AM   #14
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
I've seen ppl post about the Nismo ones and making the KA sit incredibly high. I'd actually would want mounts that would drop the KA just a smudge. If there were mounts that would lower the KA just to the point were it's slightly lower than the strut towers and at the same time gave performance benefits, I'd buy them in a heartbeat.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 03:10 AM   #15
Neejay
Post Whore!

They do raise the KA up, but only back to factory specs.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:13 AM   #16
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Hmm... well, factory specs aside. The pictures posted were incredibly high. To the point where the guy wasn't able to close his hood.

Ninja Edit: Found the link

Nismo mounts too high...

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 04:46 AM   #17
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
hmm i wonder if the ka sitting higher makes it easier to remove the oil pan....
Old 11-26-2007, 06:27 AM   #18
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEvilRPS13 View Post
yes like neejay said, they only seem to sit higher because your replacing old sagging and worn out mounts, i have the nismo's all around and love them.
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 07:13 AM   #19
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I had Nismo engine mounts and Peak Race gearbox mount.

I think the gearbox is what needs the most help. After seeing how much the gearbox flops up and down, I wanted the stiffest gearbox mount possible.

Keep your current engine mounts and upgrade your gearbox mounts and see if that makes a difference.
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 07:39 AM   #20
jrmiller84
Zilvia FREAK!

jrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jrmiller84
I use the cusco right now. They're not bad, but they transfer a lot of road noise.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:54 PM   #21
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Im not a big fan of nismo, they were great when new. 3 yrs later with an SR, the engines torquing again and breaking SR exhaust manifolds...

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 05:15 PM   #22
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
i hear hockey pucks and truck bushings make for great motor mounts :ghey:
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 05:21 PM   #23
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by g6civcx View Post
...I think the gearbox is what needs the most help. After seeing how much the gearbox flops up and down, I wanted the stiffest gearbox mount possible.

Keep your current engine mounts and upgrade your gearbox mounts and see if that makes a difference.
I agree ~ the gearbox moves a lot. Too many people buy aftermarket motor mounts and not a tranny mount (because they're expensive) and have a ton of movement down there.

Also, with stiff motor mounts, it's even more crucial to have a flex section in your downpipe so you don't break turbo elbows or manifolds.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 05:53 PM   #24
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Just keep the ones you filled.

Nothing wrong with it.

People bitch about vibration way too much.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:27 AM   #25
drifter808
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
drifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
yeah the nismos are really nice but raise the engine alot. In my drift tengoku it says the lowest engine mounts are cusco but also the stiffest.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:34 AM   #26
D1GP
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
D1GP is a jewel in the roughD1GP is a jewel in the roughD1GP is a jewel in the roughD1GP is a jewel in the roughD1GP is a jewel in the roughD1GP is a jewel in the roughD1GP is a jewel in the roughD1GP is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i have the nismo mounts and the motor didn't sit that much higher... there's already some noticeable vibrations as is with the nismo ones so i'm glad i didnt go urethane or stiffer. jgs also makes a hard rubber mount if you want another option.
D1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 06:58 AM   #27
240trainee
Post Whore!

240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
I plan on getting these

when in doubt grow some balls.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:24 AM   #28
Kiro1968
Leaky Injector

Kiro1968 is an unknown quantity at this point
Here's my 2cents, I purchase the avid mounts from 240sxmotoring but haven't installed them so can't really give you guys any feed back

http://www.240sxmotoring.com/motormounts.html
Kiro1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:45 AM   #29
koukimonster139
Zilvia FREAK!

koukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to koukimonster139
^ me too

they are fucking fantastical

dont daily a car with these on it
Old 11-27-2007, 08:03 AM   #30
240trainee
Post Whore!

240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
Damn, those are some mounts, lol.

I dunno, I come from the school that there needs to be some play. If minimal, but when banging on the car, I would like things to move a little bit before they break and move a lot.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote