Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-26-2007, 02:48 AM   #1
Neejay
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Request: Pic of KA24DE throttle cable pulley

I REALLY need a picture of the KA24DE throttle cable pulley setup. I disassembled mine when taking off my intake manifold (don't ask) and now I can't seem to get it back together correctly. I couldn't find a picture when searching (good and 2 other forums) nor in the FSM.
Neejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2007, 03:16 AM   #2
mugendork
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
mugendork has a reputation beyond reputemugendork has a reputation beyond reputemugendork has a reputation beyond reputemugendork has a reputation beyond reputemugendork has a reputation beyond reputemugendork has a reputation beyond reputemugendork has a reputation beyond reputemugendork has a reputation beyond reputemugendork has a reputation beyond reputemugendork has a reputation beyond reputemugendork has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
pm sent brotha
mugendork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 03:20 AM   #3
Neejay
Post Whore!

Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugendork View Post
pm sent brotha
replied back. I hope it works, as I am using a unlocked AT&T phone with T-mobile...heh. I've been having some problems with it.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:54 AM   #4
Tommy P

Trader Rating: (0)
Tommy P is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Im pretty sure I have a throttle body for a ka24de I would sell you for like $10+shipping if you end up needing it
Tommy P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 04:03 AM   #5
Neejay
Post Whore!

I don't need a throttle body, I just need the throttle cable pulley diagram. The spring setup.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:01 AM   #6
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
You can swing by and look at one if you need to, I've got a couple.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 05:55 PM   #7
Neejay
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R240NA View Post
You can swing by and look at one if you need to, I've got a couple.
Looks like I might have to do that. I'll let you know before I do.

In the mean time, no one can take a detailed, up close pic of theirs for me?
Old 11-26-2007, 05:58 PM   #8
UNISA JECS
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (40)
UNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to UNISA JECS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neejay View Post
I REALLY need a picture of the KA24DE throttle cable pulley setup. I disassembled mine when taking off my intake manifold (don't ask) and now I can't seem to get it back together correctly. I couldn't find a picture when searching (good and 2 other forums) nor in the FSM.
I just disasembled and put mine back together the other day, lemme see if I can fidn a pic for you.
UNISA JECS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 05:59 PM   #9
Pank
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Pank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
if theres not one posted by the time i get home, i'll take a picture of mine for you
Pank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 06:03 PM   #10
UNISA JECS
Nissanaholic!

UNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond repute

Old 11-26-2007, 06:07 PM   #11
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
Old 11-26-2007, 06:11 PM   #12
UNISA JECS
Nissanaholic!

When you put the two green springs and the stainless spring back pay attention to how one side is hooked in a circle fashion and the other end is not so circular, the circular hooked side goes around the post.

Old 11-26-2007, 10:34 PM   #13
Neejay
Post Whore!

UNISA JECS and burnsauto, THANKS A LOT! I brought the intake manifold inside, so I was able to attach it based on both of your pics.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:41 AM   #14
importdude
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
importdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to importdude
is that setscrew spose to be completely bottomed out like that to close the TB?
importdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 10:05 PM   #15
Neejay
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by importdude View Post
is that setscrew spose to be completely bottomed out like that to close the TB?
Not sure, I know it has something to do with idle though.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:26 PM   #16
UNISA JECS
Nissanaholic!

That screw has more to do with throttle plate sticking more than anything else, you want taht screw to just barely ever so lightly to keep the throttle plate from sticking inside the bore, somehting like on the order of a hair's width like .01" very very small or else you'll get a shitty idle.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:29 PM   #17
Neejay
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNISA JECS View Post
That screw has more to do with throttle plate sticking more than anything else, you want taht screw to just barely ever so lightly to keep the throttle plate from sticking inside the bore, somehting like on the order of a hair's width like .01" very very small or else you'll get a shitty idle.
Ah, ok. Thanks for the clarification.