Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-27-2007, 07:33 PM   #1
Sil-Abc
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (13)
Sil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sil-Abc
Dash Clock Light

I searched around but my problem is a lil different from everyone elses. My accessories work and everything else is fine. dimmer switch works, wipers work, dome light radio everything works but the light behind the dash clock is out. Not the fuses, not the tcu, what could it be? could the led or whatever it is that lights it up went out? any ideas? ill check some more in the morning when i can see
Old 11-27-2007, 07:40 PM   #2
iworshiplemons
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
iworshiplemons is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Probably the bulb, mate.
Pop out the cluster, take out the bulb and hop on down to the local vatozone, and get a new one
Problem solved.
iworshiplemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:48 PM   #3
MAGILLA
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
MAGILLA will become famous soon enoughMAGILLA will become famous soon enoughMAGILLA will become famous soon enoughMAGILLA will become famous soon enoughMAGILLA will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
^that sounds right. I did mine a few months back and change the color of the cluster lights to red.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:50 PM   #4
jskateborders
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
jskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jskateborders
both my 240's clocks are out. Its the bulbs... and Im lazy. Who needs to know the time at night anyways?
jskateborders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:46 PM   #5
Xandy Boosts
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
Xandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Xandy Boosts
That's what head units are for!

Lazyness will prevent you from taking out your cluster
Xandy Boosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 11:26 PM   #6
swiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

Location: Riverside, califoolyah...Hittin the beach, lookin for ballsuckers!
Trader Rating: (7)
swiftdrift is close to perfectionswiftdrift is close to perfectionswiftdrift is close to perfectionswiftdrift is close to perfectionswiftdrift is close to perfectionswiftdrift is close to perfectionswiftdrift is close to perfectionswiftdrift is close to perfectionswiftdrift is close to perfectionswiftdrift is close to perfectionswiftdrift is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to swiftdrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskateborders View Post
both my 240's clocks are out. Its the bulbs... and Im lazy. Who needs to know the time at night anyways?
haha i drove my s14 like that for like 2months cuz i was too lazy to fix it.

... got real annoying at night though when i kept having to reach for my phone

... but ya, change the bulb... BAM! back in business

swiftdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 11:50 PM   #7
projekt_s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
projekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to projekt_s13
its a 194 Bulb IIRC

projekt_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:42 AM   #8
Sil-Abc
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (13)
Sil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sil-Abc
bah i was hopin it wouldnt have me involve takin that cluster out again :C i guess ill do it when i have the other car :/ thanks
Old 11-29-2007, 11:56 AM   #9
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil-Abc View Post
I searched around but my problem is a lil different from everyone elses. My accessories work and everything else is fine. dimmer switch works, wipers work, dome light radio everything works but the light behind the dash clock is out. Not the fuses, not the tcu, what could it be? could the led or whatever it is that lights it up went out? any ideas? ill check some more in the morning when i can see
nnnnnnnoooooooooooobbbbbbbbbbb