Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-28-2007, 08:30 PM   #1
Addicted2Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
Addicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Broke off a lug...

i broke off one of my lugs on the rear..

I can just remove and replace the stud right?

replacing the entire hub is unnecessary..correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreansurfer View Post
zenki's are for poors and lames

with the exception of norm who is big ballin
FS:CUSCO,GREDDY,KA-Tparts
Addicted2Kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2007, 08:33 PM   #2
MURPHY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
MURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MURPHY
um yea. beat it out. and replace with new stud, washers, lug nut and an impact
MURPHY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 08:33 PM   #3
Xandy Boosts
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
Xandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Xandy Boosts
You don't need to replace the whole hub.

Rear's were a bitch when I put extended studs on. Be prepared for high pitch metal noise when hammering those biotches out. Fronts were much easier.

This thread helped me tremendously when doing mine
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=121418
Xandy Boosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 08:34 PM   #4
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
just the stud is fine. make sure you get the right one. there is a very minor but critical difference between some of the models and years. some have a smaller knurl that won't bite enough when you tighten the lugs and spin free.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:36 PM   #5
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
yeah just beat it out with a hammer. just make sure you get the right size. m12 x 1.25 iirc. and also what cdlong said as well.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:36 PM   #6
Irukandji
Post Whore!

Irukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Irukandji
wd40, 10 minutes
hammer stud
put in new stud
put washers on stud and tighten with lug nut until its pulled through

15 min max
Irukandji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 08:41 PM   #7
Addicted2Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Addicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfection
sweet. sounds easy. reminds me of replacing a stud on my camber plate.

now runs the problem of finding a stud.

Quote:

Old 11-28-2007, 08:44 PM   #8
nissanguy13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
nissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You can buy them at kragen, Autozone etc. I helped change out all four studs on a vert on the side of the road one time. We took the broken ones off, put the new ones on and the car was back on the road in a half hour or so. Like everyone else said, pound them out and replace with new ones.
nissanguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 08:45 PM   #9
slideways14
Zilvia Junkie

slideways14 is making a name for him/her selfslideways14 is making a name for him/her selfslideways14 is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to slideways14
get the stud good the first time with a nice bang, it should really effect your wheel bearing. get the lug snug with a nice bang from a hammer or air hammer before you tighten it down with a air gun. and make sure you replace with a oem stud if thats what your using and make sure you have the right specs of your car because im pretty sure the front and rear studs maybe differnet for a 240
Old 11-28-2007, 08:57 PM   #10
Addicted2Kouki
Nissanaholic!

yeah i just read up from that thread up there.
ill posi rep xandy for that.

the studs are the same all around for s13s but for s14s the front is like...
wait wait...
s14 front: 14.3mm / 0.563"

s14 rear: 13.0mm / 0.512"

s13 front: 13.0mm / " " "

s13 rear: 13.0mm / " " "

so since i need a rear. anyone get extended lugs and have stock ones laying around? lol no s14 fronts.

Quote:

Old 11-28-2007, 09:05 PM   #11
Xandy Boosts
Zilvia FREAK!

Xandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfection
Long Beach? Closest place I know that sells extended studs is FRSport.com

about a 10 minute drive. Cool guys, but give them a call first to see if they have it in.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:27 PM   #12
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
i think he meant buying a stock one from someone that already got some extended studs.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:40 PM   #13
Xandy Boosts
Zilvia FREAK!

Oh, I should have read more closely. I might have mine around somewhere, I'm not sure if I threw them away or not though. Will they still be alright to use after hammering em like that? If they're fine, I can look for it.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:48 PM   #14
Addicted2Kouki
Nissanaholic!

oh lemme know.

Quote:

Old 11-28-2007, 11:47 PM   #15
jsuhs14

jsuhs14 is making a name for him/her selfjsuhs14 is making a name for him/her selfjsuhs14 is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to jsuhs14
yea. basically. take the wheel off. hit the stud with the hammer as you can in order not to warp the hole or enlarge it. then you just hammer one in from the back. make sure not to enlarge or warp the hole. just curious. how did you break it?
jsuhs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 11:49 PM   #16
Addicted2Kouki
Nissanaholic!

i was torquing down a lugnut.

lug broke off.

guess im stronger than i thought i was?

Quote:

Old 11-29-2007, 12:00 AM   #17
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissanguy13 View Post
You can buy them at kragen, Autozone etc. I helped change out all four studs on a vert on the side of the road one time. We took the broken ones off, put the new ones on and the car was back on the road in a half hour or so. Like everyone else said, pound them out and replace with new ones.
Eh, studs for sale at Kragen and Autozone are junk. You want good studs go to Summitracing.com, Get ARP or Moroso. Or get Nismo if you want to spend the money.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 12:09 AM   #18
SR_Elliott24
Leaky Injector

SR_Elliott24 will become famous soon enoughSR_Elliott24 will become famous soon enoughSR_Elliott24 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to SR_Elliott24
You dont need to replace the whole hub as long as the hole for the stud isnt stripped out. thats what happened with my front left. The teeth that locked the stud in place got stripped out not that hard of a fix though.
SR_Elliott24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 12:14 AM   #19
smurfgcr
Zilvia Member

smurfgcr is making a name for him/her selfsmurfgcr is making a name for him/her self
if the broken stud is too short to hammer on its own, take a punch of some sort of small long piece of metal and beat it out. get the new one in by using washers as spacers on it and tightening it so the bolt sinks in to where its supposed to sit. easy as pie
smurfgcr is offline   Reply With Quote