Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-21-2006, 11:44 PM   #1
240silvia
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
240silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240silvia
Carbon Fiber Hood Options

Ok, so I know 2 things. 1. I want a CF hood. 2. I have no idea which one I want. I have seen a couple of options. I'm just curious as to what you guys like. My first thought was to get the OEM style. However, I just got done with my KA-T so a vented hood might be the way to go. I've got a Koyo Radiator and 2 - 12" Electric fans so I really don't think cooling will be an issue, but, I'm sure a vented hood would help that much more. My FMIC covers the mouth of the car. I've got the 1/2 and 1/2 turn signals and the Canadian running lights so the car is completely blocked off. So what do you guys think? Which one should I get? An OEM... or a vented????
240silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2006, 11:51 PM   #2
Ricks15
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
Ricks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
get a vented hood, Seibon has one that an oem look and i believe they also have a vented hood in cf, OR if youre really a jdm junky Origin has a vented CF hood that looks dope but 600bux is what they go for. Good luck on what ever you choose.
Ricks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 12:26 AM   #3
chmercer
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
get cheapest vented available so long as it isnt totally ugly.

lol at your user rating "will probably be banned soon"
chmercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 12:54 AM   #4
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
imo all vented hoods look ugly.. except of course for msport and dmax. and some other jdm hoods that i saw but forgot the site too. i would stick with oem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 01:15 AM   #5
RSP13-Sideways
Zilvia Addict

RSP13-Sideways is making a name for him/her selfRSP13-Sideways is making a name for him/her selfRSP13-Sideways is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to RSP13-Sideways
Not sure...

Not sure if you have an S13 front end or not but Andy's Auto Sport carries a S13 Silvia hood. Here it is on my car, I laid this one up at Andy's Auto Sports myself, double sided carbon fiber with a honeycomb center! YEEEEE! I know how to use composites hahaha.....they can sell it in fiberglass or carbon.

Looks good from the side too....

WTB: Nothing at the moment. LEWL
WTS: Everything sold, thanks folks!
RSP13-Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 01:32 AM   #6
Suk02Si
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Suk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSP13-Sideways
Not sure if you have an S13 front end or not but Andy's Auto Sport carries a S13 Silvia hood. Here it is on my car, I laid this one up at Andy's Auto Sports myself, double sided carbon fiber with a honeycomb center! YEEEEE! I know how to use composites hahaha.....they can sell it in fiberglass or carbon.
Car is hot

I'm going to look into getting the FG one.
Suk02Si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 08:20 PM   #7
tiggs
Leaky Injector

tiggs is an unknown quantity at this point
So is the fact that that hood doesn't sit normal at the windshield on purpose or a fitment issue? I mean, I know some of ya'll do the washer thing to try and get some more venting... But c'mon, whats the point in a vented hood right? lol. Just wondering if it's a fitment thing, not trying to be my dumb self. thx
tiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 11:40 PM   #8
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
its lifted in the back
chmercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 12:35 AM   #9
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
I am looking for the vented hood, where the vent is over the radiator. . .I think that would be a pretty good vented hood, right?

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote