Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-21-2006, 08:09 PM   #91
180crafter

Trader Rating: (0)
180crafter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea240
does that bikinirom allow you to set up a map sensor?
bikinirom....

Hahaha..... Really funny mental pic...
Old 02-22-2006, 10:38 AM   #92
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Well, i just finished reading thorugh a four page post. I think this thread needs resolution and the info would help a good number of people looking at tune options.

So what happened?
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 11:28 AM   #93
ispypsi
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
ispypsi is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ispypsi Send a message via Yahoo to ispypsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by 180crafter
bikinirom....

Hahaha..... Really funny mental pic...
it is supposed to be provisions for one, but last i checked it wasnt setup yet. EDIT: that was the only downfalls i saw with bikirom back when i got it. it seemed to have all these promises of a super close to standalone type setup, but they were not implemented. integrated launch controll (studder), boost control, map sensor provisions, etc...the demand wanted them out, so biki had to release the basic setup and he stays pretty busy, and still works on the hardware. i guess with time it will all be available, but i realized later on that i didnt really need all of that stuff (though i wouldnt have minded the launch control). /edit... i bought a bikirom but i opted out because i needed a laptop and the soldering needed to be done. my brother runs one on his SR pretty reliably (not counting various SR problems with the engine itself). he base tuned it fine, though i dont trust him when he says he can fine tune it himself on a dyno, he just doesnt have the experience. i am personal friends with scott (enthalpy), so i opted to just get his ECU with an s14 to s13 harness. his basemap runs pretty well spot on, but we still are going to get together soon and fine tune it just for numbers' sake.

it really is all preference and what you're looking to do with your car. i dont see why there are so many arguments and closed minds needed about all this stuff.

-dan

ps - why can't anyone spell enthalpy right? its not entropy, its not enthalapy, entharpy, or enthlapy, geez! oh well i guess not everyone took physics