Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 11:08 AM   #1
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb25_s13*CHUKI View Post
one Is a more serious offense than the other I can bet my life on that. You wont get In the same trouble for $30000 car as you would $30000 worth of coke or crack. What your comparing Isn't the same. Your more thank likely to get back your 30k over your 30k worth of crack.

One kills you and affects others and kids. While the other being the car doesn't affect shit. You can't compare a drug to a car

sorry Mr. mod you loose this battle
thats stupid.. doesnt make sense. we have rules and regulations in this country for a reason, so that people follow them. cars have to meet certain standards, from lighting to crash and safety standards. you can look at the most basic, which is the headlights that shine on the wrong side of the road. or, you can look at the next which is the driver sitting on the wrong side of the road. both of these impact the ability to safely operate the vehicle. SAFELY operate the vehicle.

there have been studies with research that show factual information regarding the difficulties in operating a RHD vehicle on LHD roads, especially in canada where skylines were pretty commonly imported and people were smashing them up. i dont even see what the controversy is about, its not a big deal. you make it seem like youre winning an award with this massive debate. we're talking about a car that plain and simple, wasnt sold here and shouldnt be used here WITHOUT proper modifications to make it conform to our rules. i mean maybe, and MAYBE if someone sold DOT compliant headlights, doors with crash bars, a LHD firewall + dashboard and all the bits and trimmings, and new front/rear bumpers, then maybe there would be some hope. but sorry, most people are too fucking stupid to do this, and this is why this shit fails and will never turn into reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydXmas View Post
wow you are a real positive person, I am sure you have a bright future in life...Hating it...
no, i just work in the auto industry and probably have decades more experience than you in day-to-day fabrication. so, i understand that most of you guys are smoking pipe dreams wishing and praying that this old car could somehow become legal if some lawyer bent the rules.

jeez.. wake the fuck up. "chip in guys, we can do it" yeah right. find me a lawyer who works for $10/hr
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2011, 12:08 PM   #2
rb25_s13*CHUKI
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
rb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rb25_s13*CHUKI
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
thats stupid.. doesnt make sense. we have rules and regulations in this country for a reason, so that people follow them. cars have to meet certain standards, from lighting to crash and safety standards. you can look at the most basic, which is the headlights that shine on the wrong side of the road. or, you can look at the next which is the driver sitting on the wrong side of the road. both of these impact the ability to safely operate the vehicle. SAFELY operate the vehicle.

there have been studies with research that show factual information regarding the difficulties in operating a RHD vehicle on LHD roads, especially in canada where skylines were pretty commonly imported and people were smashing them up. i dont even see what the controversy is about, its not a big deal. you make it seem like youre winning an award with this massive debate. we're talking about a car that plain and simple, wasnt sold here and shouldnt be used here WITHOUT proper modifications to make it conform to our rules. i mean maybe, and MAYBE if someone sold DOT compliant headlights, doors with crash bars, a LHD firewall + dashboard and all the bits and trimmings, and new front/rear bumpers, then maybe there would be some hope. but sorry, most people are too fucking stupid to do this, and this is why this shit fails and will never turn into reality.

I'll I was saying Is that you can't compare a car to drugs.
People would much rather find you with a car that hasn't passed tests as oppose to crack or coke or heroin.

I'm sure people can get s15s to pass crash tests and all that jazz.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:34 PM   #3
LloydXmas
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
LloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:

no, i just work in the auto industry and probably have decades more experience than you in day-to-day fabrication. so, i understand that most of you guys are smoking pipe dreams wishing and praying that this old car could somehow become legal if some lawyer bent the rules.

jeez.. wake the fuck up. "chip in guys, we can do it" yeah right. find me a lawyer who works for $10/hr
trust me I have the same fabrication skills buddy seeing I do auto body and paint professionally and have for a while now and know that there is infact hardly if at all any difference between a r32 and a s13.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:38 AM   #4
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
I'll I was saying Is that you can't compare a car to drugs.
People would much rather find you with a car that hasn't passed tests as oppose to crack or coke or heroin.
how are drugs any different? like anything in this country, its a money maker. look at alcohol, its no different. alcohol was illegal at some point in time, laws change.. just like the bill they tried to pass for marijuana here in CA. what IS illegal can at some point be what WAS illegal. it ends up being another substance that gets heavily taxed and should you be cought under the influence, you end up paying lawyers, the state and the insurance - which is a huge money making racket when you think about it.

im not going to take sides and say im for or against, i really dont care. but i can tell you that weed smokers never did anything bad to me. look at our celebrities, chappelle and snoop smoke weed - i have no doubt paris did coke. and yet nothing really happens to these people because its all behind closed doors. basically, as long as you keep that illegal taboo shit at home - you're OK.

Quote:
I'm sure people can get s15s to pass crash tests and all that jazz.
Quote:
trust me I have the same fabrication skills buddy seeing I do auto body and paint professionally and have for a while now and know that there is infact hardly if at all any difference between a r32 and a s13.
anyone including myself who has a jspec bumper support can tell you for a fact that they are different, and that the jspec bumper support is flimsy as all hell. i dont even know what you've been smoking to think that there is hardly a difference between the r32 and s13.

correction -- you've gotta be an idiot to think that there's hardly a difference between the r32 and s13. fuckin'a, body shop guys can be so stupid. here is a short list for you:

- headlights are RHD instead of LHD
- dinky bumper supports
- doors lack beam supports
- no front and rear marker lights
- RHD dashboard & seating configuration instead of LHD
- kmh instead of mph
- possible that the chassis is missing rear lower frame rail like the 180sx/silvias

again, thats just the short list. some of these are simple problems to fix, others are a serious pain in the ass.. especially when you need to create DOT compliant lights that are modular for that chassis. the dash and interior is also a pain to solve.

anyway, none of this is impossible - it all takes time and money, and a market willing to pay for it. the problem is, most people are stupid and broke and sit there fantasizing about "skyline." funny, the people that arent fantasizing probably already own r35s. its like a computer, who the hell wants to run windows98 when you can run the latest and greatest. im not into new stuff, but most people are. especially when you're talking about computer-cars like the gtr.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:03 AM   #5
daryl337
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
daryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to daryl337
Quote:
i have no doubt paris did coke. and yet nothing really happens to these people because its all behind closed doors. basically, as long as you keep that illegal taboo shit at home - you're OK.
Great! Instead of having just a rich whore ruining our children, we get to have a rich coke whore instead!

Old 03-14-2011, 05:17 PM   #6
LloydXmas
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
LloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
how are drugs any different? like anything in this country, its a money maker. look at alcohol, its no different. alcohol was illegal at some point in time, laws change.. just like the bill they tried to pass for marijuana here in CA. what IS illegal can at some point be what WAS illegal. it ends up being another substance that gets heavily taxed and should you be cought under the influence, you end up paying lawyers, the state and the insurance - which is a huge money making racket when you think about it.

im not going to take sides and say im for or against, i really dont care. but i can tell you that weed smokers never did anything bad to me. look at our celebrities, chappelle and snoop smoke weed - i have no doubt paris did coke. and yet nothing really happens to these people because its all behind closed doors. basically, as long as you keep that illegal taboo shit at home - you're OK.

anyone including myself who has a jspec bumper support can tell you for a fact that they are different, and that the jspec bumper support is flimsy as all hell. i dont even know what you've been smoking to think that there is hardly a difference between the r32 and s13.

correction -- you've gotta be an idiot to think that there's hardly a difference between the r32 and s13. fuckin'a, body shop guys can be so stupid. here is a short list for you:

- headlights are RHD instead of LHD
- dinky bumper supports
- doors lack beam supports
- no front and rear marker lights
- RHD dashboard & seating configuration instead of LHD
- kmh instead of mph
- possible that the chassis is missing rear lower frame rail like the 180sx/silvias

again, thats just the short list. some of these are simple problems to fix, others are a serious pain in the ass.. especially when you need to create DOT compliant lights that are modular for that chassis. the dash and interior is also a pain to solve.

anyway, none of this is impossible - it all takes time and money, and a market willing to pay for it. the problem is, most people are stupid and broke and sit there fantasizing about "skyline." funny, the people that arent fantasizing probably already own r35s. its like a computer, who the hell wants to run windows98 when you can run the latest and greatest. im not into new stuff, but most people are. especially when you're talking about computer-cars like the gtr.
lets pick this apart, even though I meant the chassis not anything else. Besides bumper reinforcements they arent I have been through them both with experience multiple times. I did all the work to a beater s13 then turned into my signature along with others. I do this professionally and dont "use my dads tool" b/c he never knew one thing about a car nor cared.

1. Honda Accord lights are very similar and DOT(look at Canada imported r32's)
2.Bumper supports though dinky are very easily swapped
3.Beam supports? Have you seen inside of a r32 door or u spouting off internet mechanic talk? They are actually beefier just not a bar instead a square, even that is relatively easy to weld in
4.RHD is not illegal
5.kmh/mph can be converted on a jdm gauge cluster with simple parts form radio shack
6.Lower frame rail what? Obviously you nothing about a unibody construction.

I will agree it is a money thing though. I am not a fantasizer of cars, they are just like anything else,sheet metal welded together at the end of the day its nothing more, you can build a janky car with no regulation but they say anything imported is dangerous. Pretty much sums up your money arguement.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:49 AM   #7
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
6.Lower frame rail what? Obviously you nothing about a unibody construction.
^ Do you know what the above item is? Do you know what a frame rail is?

Fuck, you must be Canadian. The only guys stupid enough to talk about installing Accord headlights in a GTST wanna-be GTR have been on the GTR Canada forums. I cant imagine anyone wanting Accord headlights on their Skyline, thats just wrong in every fucking way.

Have you ever read a book? How about Driving Ambition, the book about the McLaren F1? Do you know why they chose center seating? Part of the reason was that they didnt have to have different parts for LHD and RHD vehicles, it would be standardized. Dashboard, everything.. all the same. Cut costs and standardization.

I've cut an entire chassis into pieces, so dont tell me about whether or not I know about unibody construction. I dont claim to be an expert, but I would never say something stupid like "there is infact hardly if at all any difference between a r32 and a s13. " Your words, not mine.

Canadians, honestly. Its a good thing you have knowledgeable S13 owners like Don @ PDM to make your people look good.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:57 AM   #8
driftertim
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
driftertim is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to driftertim Send a message via MSN to driftertim
Buddy, Canadians in general or just the one dude who wants Honda headlights on his R32... If you are going to generalize a whole population based on some dudes taste and preference, dont do it here. Many of us Canadians including myself dont appreciate it. Many Americans do more rice out there than its conceivable by us Canooks. I admit to doing a bit of rice myself when I decided to put a S15 front on my coupe. It only stayed on my car for about 48 hours before I went to one of our many local JDM stored in search of a clean S13 Silvia front end nose cut, I know S15 fronts dont look good on a Coupe unless its got a wide body but they belong on S15s, some S14s and some hatch back S13s. To me the S13 Coupe looks riced out with a S15 front, I realized that after spending a lot of money to convert it to S15 only to rip it off and slap the JDM front end meant for that car. Long story short taste and preference should be respected whether American, Indian, Japanese, Canadian or whatever part of the world you may be from. Ancestrally speaking twenty generations back you were not even American, you were probably from some part of Europe. So get off of your high horse because, America didn't exist as we know it and the Indigenous people who suffered the greatest were killed of by surprise Influenza and muskets, raped sacked and pillaged for conquest and land. If anything the governments of Canada and US should be ruled by the Original inhabitants of this land which I believe could care less about R34s being illegally imported. On a final note, respect yourself!!! .
Quote:

^ Do you know what the above item is? Do you know what a frame rail is?

Fuck, you must be Canadian. The only guys stupid enough to talk about installing Accord headlights in a GTST wanna-be GTR have been on the GTR Canada forums. I cant imagine anyone wanting Accord headlights on their Skyline, thats just wrong in every fucking way.

Have you ever read a book? How about Driving Ambition, the book about the McLaren F1? Do you know why they chose center seating? Part of the reason was that they didnt have to have different parts for LHD and RHD vehicles, it would be standardized. Dashboard, everything.. all the same. Cut costs and standardization.

I've cut an entire chassis into pieces, so dont tell me about whether or not I know about unibody construction. I dont claim to be an expert, but I would never say something stupid like "there is infact hardly if at all any difference between a r32 and a s13. " Your words, not mine.

Canadians, honestly. Its a good thing you have knowledgeable S13 owners like Don @ PDM to make your people look good.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:37 AM   #9
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftertim View Post
Buddy, Canadians in general or just the one dude who wants Honda headlights on his R32... If you are going to generalize a whole population based on some dudes taste and preference, dont do it here. Many of us Canadians including myself dont appreciate it. Many Americans do more rice out there than its conceivable by us Canooks. I admit to doing a bit of rice myself when I decided to put a S15 front on my coupe. It only stayed on my car for about 48 hours before I went to one of our many local JDM stored in search of a clean S13 Silvia front end nose cut, I know S15 fronts dont look good on a Coupe unless its got a wide body but they belong on S15s, some S14s and some hatch back S13s. To me the S13 Coupe looks riced out with a S15 front, I realized that after spending a lot of money to convert it to S15 only to rip it off and slap the JDM front end meant for that car. Long story short taste and preference should be respected whether American, Indian, Japanese, Canadian or whatever part of the world you may be from. Ancestrally speaking twenty generations back you were not even American, you were probably from some part of Europe. So get off of your high horse because, America didn't exist as we know it and the Indigenous people who suffered the greatest were killed of by surprise Influenza and muskets, raped sacked and pillaged for conquest and land. If anything the governments of Canada and US should be ruled by the Original inhabitants of this land which I believe could care less about R34s being illegally imported. On a final note, respect yourself!!! .
i love canadians
Old 03-14-2011, 10:10 AM   #10
derux
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (22)
derux is making a name for him/her selfderux is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Ya my dad has an awesome set of tools.
Closed Thread