Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 11:55 PM   #31
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
Drive faster!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2005, 12:46 AM   #32
wootwoot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
Subaru is a rwd based platform
Old 05-27-2005, 09:40 AM   #33
ZK
Zilvia FREAK!

ZK is making a name for him/her selfZK is making a name for him/her selfZK is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero
i thought the split on a WRX is even less than 50-50, like 60-40 or something
The normal WRX is mostly front wheel biased so it drives most like a front wheel drive car. They do it like that so normal people don't go spin and kill themselves if the rear end comes out. The STI is a different story.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:07 AM   #34
SilviaNinja240
Zilvia FREAK!

SilviaNinja240 will become famous soon enoughSilviaNinja240 will become famous soon enoughSilviaNinja240 will become famous soon enough
interesting thread, lots of personal opinions though, I'm actually considering a awd car as an option for my next car
Old 05-27-2005, 10:29 AM   #35
AuburnRyan
Zilvia Member

AuburnRyan is an unknown quantity at this point
Sold my s13 in October last year and bought a '02 a4 3.0 6spd quattro sport - now just bought another s13, and will consider selling the Audi for the same reason...no fun, at least not enough to jusitfy the $400/month payment plus premuim insurance. Got a little oversteer ONCE, I'd love to track it - but
the cheap-o s13 is more fitting/fun for now.

Also, only worthwhile modding option is suprcharger @ $5k

Now- were talking two very different cars here, audi is definately faster, but for my $, I save a ton and have more fun with RWD...but instantly lose the looks/status symbol of the lux car Not to mention grip/confidence is unbelivable in dry/rain/snow -all conditions really.. very different from the uneasiness I experinced in the 240sx a few times around a wet corner with a little throttle input and hill to throw the weight around.

My $.02 - note I still have Audi...still undecided on sale of it? = Money Pit
Old 05-27-2005, 11:16 AM   #36
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by wootwoot
Subaru is a rwd based platform
CRAP, i just checked a pic of the engine bay and sure enough the alternator is sitting near the nose. i stand corrected. i was confusing it with the evo.

i knew there was areason i liked the scoobies better
Old 05-27-2005, 11:20 AM   #37
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnRyan
Sold my s13 in October last year and bought a '02 a4 3.0 6spd quattro sport - now just bought another s13, and will consider selling the Audi for the same reason...no fun, at least not enough to jusitfy the $400/month payment plus premuim insurance. Got a little oversteer ONCE, I'd love to track it - but
the cheap-o s13 is more fitting/fun for now.

Also, only worthwhile modding option is suprcharger @ $5k

Now- were talking two very different cars here, audi is definately faster, but for my $, I save a ton and have more fun with RWD...but instantly lose the looks/status symbol of the lux car Not to mention grip/confidence is unbelivable in dry/rain/snow -all conditions really.. very different from the uneasiness I experinced in the 240sx a few times around a wet corner with a little throttle input and hill to throw the weight around.

My $.02 - note I still have Audi...still undecided on sale of it? = Money Pit

It sounds like you love German luxuries but still like fast cars and you want rwd. A s13 sounds like a terrible idea to me for you, why not e36 m3?.....It seems pretty obvious to me =)
Old 05-27-2005, 11:28 AM   #38
NismoDan
Zilvia Junkie

NismoDan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakotoS13
CRAP, i just checked a pic of the engine bay and sure enough the alternator is sitting near the nose. i stand corrected. i was confusing it with the evo.

That's weird, because I know that Subaru used to make FF Impreza's....
I thought they were all front-wheel based, too...
C4L #34
Old 05-27-2005, 11:32 AM   #39
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known

see the alternator? crank shaft has to line up with it...
Old 05-27-2005, 11:40 AM   #40
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoDan
That's weird, because I know that Subaru used to make FF Impreza's....
I thought they were all front-wheel based, too...
No, they always made AWD cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakotoS13

OMG the ground is getting cold...
Old 05-27-2005, 11:45 AM   #41
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB

quick, grab your parka's, Makoto has done the unthinkable

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 05-27-2005, 12:00 PM   #42
AuburnRyan
Zilvia Member

AuburnRyan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by wootwoot
It sounds like you love German luxuries but still like fast cars and you want rwd. A s13 sounds like a terrible idea to me for you, why not e36 m3?.....It seems pretty obvious to me =)
Did Look - you're right on target- it's been my dream car since I was 16 (like just about everyone else)...But - that said - I've had 2 s13's (this will be 3), and I found another clean s13 for $2500 - clean e36 m3's start about 15k ("decent" miles and condition)...for now, the choice was easy, but I'm still considering the m3 (e36) if I wan't a payment and the E46 if I win the lotto .

I do and always have, however, also loved the look/layout of s13 hatch's. I won't be disappointed - just always in the "it needs this next" phase...that's modding cars though

1 point for the subies - Audi is a FWD platform, tend's to understeer when pushed - larger rear sway helps.
Old 05-27-2005, 01:57 PM   #43
wootwoot
Post Whore!

Audi is also a expensive VW, VW is crap. Old Audi, back in the true quattro days was a rwd based layout. F e46 as well, shit is piggy. I've seen cams, full exhaust, and a chip make 265-275whp on a e36m3, so thats the same power of a e46 but with a couple hundred pounds less and none of that dang fangled electronic new age gibirish. You can find them frequently for 10k but I would rather drop the 15k to get one in better condition and all as you said. Just get rid of the Audi, and dont focus on a s13. M3 is enough of an all around car to do it both!
Old 05-27-2005, 05:24 PM   #44
ruthlesstyper
Zilvia Junkie

ruthlesstyper is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB

most of the mid 90 cars were FF
Old 05-27-2005, 06:44 PM   #45
thejester03
Zilvia Member

thejester03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to thejester03
Ok, heres the way i see it, Keep the car, strip it down, and make it UBER fast, then drive the HELL out of it. That is way fun, i promise.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:50 PM   #46
MakotoS13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq
quick, grab your parka's, Makoto has done the unthinkable
it happens a LOT more than you guys think
Old 05-27-2005, 10:15 PM   #47
IGSDann
Zilvia Junkie

IGSDann is an unknown quantity at this point
My friend has a 93' Impreza L, Front Wheel Drive. I believe it was only an option 'til 94' in which it became standard. The engine is still mounted in a RWD fashion but only drives the front. Go figure. Do your homework before you make false statements S14DB

Pushing 14.7 PSI of all natural boost!!!
Old 05-28-2005, 12:10 AM   #48
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGSDann
My friend has a 93' Impreza L, Front Wheel Drive. I believe it was only an option 'til 94' in which it became standard. The engine is still mounted in a RWD fashion but only drives the front. Go figure. Do your homework before you make false statements S14DB
When Did I make a false statement. I said they made an AWD cause he said there were only FF. There were 9 body styles in 1993(Base,L Sedan,AWD L Sedan,LS Sedan,AWD LS Sedan,L Wagon,AWD L Wagon,LS Wagon,AWD LS Wagon). You need to get your facts straight before you try to call me out.
Old 05-28-2005, 01:47 AM   #49
wootwoot
Post Whore!

0wnEd!!!
Old 05-28-2005, 11:03 AM   #50
Var
Post Whore!

Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Var
are you guys talking about transverse engine mounting? Who cares which way the engine is positioned. On the race track, the Subaru's have a much harder time rotating cause the rear end is too "tight" . The EVO acts more like a RWD as you can pitch is sideways on a corner exit more easily. There are Subaru guys, then there are EVO guys. Then there are guys who hate both Mitsubishi and Subaru but still want to race, and they pick the EVO. These are the guys who's opinion matters.
Old 05-28-2005, 03:44 PM   #51
sandcrawler

sandcrawler is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGSDann
I'm not sure what you mean by engines being mounted in a "RWD fashion" in a subaru. those are boxer engines, horizontally opposed, not inline or in a V configuration like most cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by westboroughpimp
are you guys talking about transverse engine mounting? Who cares which way the engine is positioned. On the race track, the Subaru's have a much harder time rotating cause the rear end is too "tight" . The EVO acts more like a RWD as you can pitch is sideways on a corner exit more easily. There are Subaru guys, then there are EVO guys. Then there are guys who hate both Mitsubishi and Subaru but still want to race, and they pick the EVO. These are the guys who's opinion matters.
EVOs remain popular in japan because of the ADC and AYC controllers, which are not in the US version of the car. Those assists devices are the only reason why you'd want to buy the EVO over an Impreza. The Impreza has some understeering issues out of the factory, but you can easily upgrade the suspension.

As for the WRC cars, didn't Mitsubishi rank dead last this year? Lowest scoring team, lowest scoring car-- beaten by Ford, Peugeot, Citroen, Subaru, and Hyundai.
Old 05-28-2005, 10:30 PM   #52
zeek
Zilvia Member

zeek is an unknown quantity at this point
EVOs remain popular in japan because of the ADC and AYC controllers, which are not in the US version of the car. Those assists devices are the only reason why you'd want to buy the EVO over an Impreza.

Correction the US version of the STI does have something similar to ADC and AYC its called DCCD which alows you to change the bias on the car all the way to 65/35 to 50/50.

US STI is tail happy...
Old 05-28-2005, 11:01 PM   #53
MakotoS13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandcrawler
I'm not sure what you mean by engines being mounted in a "RWD fashion" in a subaru. those are boxer engines, horizontally opposed, not inline or in a V configuration like most cars
dude... you gotta be kiddin me. the DRIVETRAIN is RWD based meaning it is set up like a mustang NOT a civic. mitsu has always been FWD based in their awd systems.

i dont want AWD because its more stuff to break. the end.
Old 12-14-2019, 03:39 PM   #54
The Jucx

The Jucx is making his/her stupidity well-knownThe Jucx is making his/her stupidity well-knownThe Jucx is making his/her stupidity well-knownThe Jucx is making his/her stupidity well-known
I’m on the same boat. But I’d rather ding my Subaru than my S14
Old 12-15-2019, 08:43 AM   #55
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jucx View Post
Yeah, you tell him. Almost 15 years later.

Next time, please check the date of the original post (OP).
Old 12-16-2019, 12:40 AM   #56
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
AWD is shit

'watches initial D for the first time'

AWD is the shit
Old 12-16-2019, 05:12 AM   #57
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jucx View Post

This thread is from 2005...this has gotta be the oldest bump on zilvia..period! Wtf
Old 12-16-2019, 08:12 AM   #58
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
This thread is from 2005...this has gotta be the oldest bump on zilvia..period! Wtf
Hold my beer....
Old 12-16-2019, 08:29 AM   #59
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post
Hold my beer....

Dont you dare do it!
Old 12-16-2019, 10:08 AM   #60
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
AWD is shit

'watches initial D for the first time'

AWD is the shit
correction, BUNTA is the shit.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
Closed Thread